Start by marking “Carnival of Lies (Untamed City, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Carnival of Lies (Untamed City, #0.5)

Carnival of Lies

(Untamed City 0.5)

A digital original novella set in the twisted world of the Untamed City created by Melissa Marr

Carnival of Secrets fans will be thrilled for this never-before-seen moment between Aya and Belias, set in the Untamed City universe.
Published December 2nd 2014 by HarperCollins

Start your review of Carnival of Lies (Untamed City, #0.5)
Sage Collins
Nov 08, 2014 marked it as to-read
After the unfinished first novel, I'd be a lot more excited if this were book 2, rather than a side story. Or if a book 2 were even listed on GR.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Eeeeeep! I'm SOOOOOO excited about this book. I LOVED the first one!!!
Michelle
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I need more. This was a lovely piece of insight into Aya's world before the first book. It was too short and not the sequel I have been yearning for!
Mel
While I am thrilled to have something new in the Untamed City world and thoroughly enjoyed Carnival of Lies (even without James Marsters narrating it), it just wasn't enough. This short prequel featuring Aya and Belias did little to whet my appetite. Also I'm not sure why it's listed as Untamed City #1.5 when it's a prequel and should be #0.5. It falsely lead me to believe that I would be getting something after the events in Carnival of Souls which was disappointing.

Carnival of Souls was one of
Shay
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, shelved, reviewed
So THAT'S what happened!!! I was seriously wondering. But here's the thing, I NEED MORE!!! I have so many questions about this series!!! Good questions! The questions that keep you coming back and checking for updates constantly to make sure you didn't overlook anything. This book cleared a very minuscule question I had up just nicely but now there are MORE!!!

This is a great little snippet from the life of Aya and Belias. This takes place about a year ish before Carnival of Secrets. Whoa.
Nancy The book junkie
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
Rating: 3.25/5

Overall this short glimpse at Belias and Aya before Carnival of souls was good but it's been more than 2 years since the book was released so i felt disconnected from the story. If this would have been released closer after the first book i might have give it a 3.75/5. I only hope that if she's planning on writing more books in this serise that we won't wait an other 2 years!
Ash~Daydreaming and Reading everywhere I go~
Well this intrigued me enough to want to know more so I will be getting whole story now.
Holly Letson
I really liked Aya, and how she stood up for herself. I didn't really like her fiance', though.
Peyton
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I would have given it more stars, but it ends on a cliffhanger and it's been 5 years. I'm a little annoyed to be left hanging. Possibly permanently.
Kathy
Kelley
I was excited to hear that this little novella actually DID come out in December (after hearing her talk about the series at a recent event, I was under the impression that nothing Untamed City-related would be coming anytime soon), so of course I nabbed it! This was the perfect prequel to the series, as far as I’m concerned. I loved getting to see a bit more of the relationship between Aya and Belias before the events in Carnival of Secrets. Surprisingly, I had little trouble slipping back into ...more
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
I liked getting to see Aya before the competition and how much her and Belias really loved each other, but this didn't answer any questions or give us any insight to what happens after book one, this is a prequel, so if you haven't read Carnival of Souls/Secrets than read this first. I just really want something longer and in regards to what is going on after the way book one ended. Again this was good, but all it was, was romance really, nothing more.
Nicole Field
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I can see why this did not make the cut of the original novel. Much like a deleted scene of a movie, it lacked the pacing of the rest of the narrative. Unlike a deleted scene, tacked onto some special features disc, this was marketed as its own feature.

Much as I enjoy Melissa Marr's writing, I'm not entirely sure why. Even though it was enjoyable to read Aya and Belias, we didn't learn anything in this short story that we didn't already know from Carnival of Secrets.
Victoria
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
As several reviewers mentioned, the main problem is that this novella really DID feel disconnected from "Carnival of Souls"/"Carnival of Secrets", since a lot of time passed since that release. I'd rather see a full-length sequel, but from what I understood from the website info, Marr is not going to give us that. Such a shame.
Diana
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a short story prequel to Carnival of Secrets. It gives a little more insight to the relationship between Aya and Bel as well as Aya's decision to join the competition. Since this prequel was released after Carnival of Secrets, which I have read, I didn't really gain too much more information then what I had already picked up from the novel.
Kristen
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was bitter sweet for me. I absolutely love this world and Aya. It was nice to have more depth to Belies and Aya's relationship. It was also great to get more background in how Aya discovered and reacted to her true parentage. I only wish there were more stories coming and that this would could continue...
Jenna Loesch
Ugh... Just ughh... I'm sorry, but I gave no fucks about anything that happened in this prequel. It was literally just a detailed version of information the reader already got from reading Carnival of Souls, and it wasn't even done well. Publish a sequel that I might care about reading and then we'll talk.
Lisa
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done-done
This book was really intresting. I mean how can you tell a women not do something when she is just going to do it anyways. Some guys just don't make any sense you can't control everything someone does.
Rusty's Ghost Engine (also known as.......... Jinky Spring)
A good prequel but I've never really liked short stories, I really hope the author continues this series. Like the first book it doesn't actually tell you what a daimon is only that they're human like beings that have second big werewolf like animal forms.
J
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle, fantasy
A good, quick followup-prequel to Carnival of Souls.
Michelle
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: melissa-marr
I adore everything Melissa writes. I have to agree with other while this is an amazing short story, it's too short, we need more, we need book 2 ...
Team Aya forever !
harlequin {Stephanie}
Dec 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
This chick talks out of both sides of her mouth. Her thoughts are jumping so fast from "I don't want to be property" to "take me you studly stud" I think I have whiplash.
Heather
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
May need more

I haven't read the books yet, so I wasn't familiar with the characters or setting. Overall, it was an interesting and short read.
Lovelee
Jul 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, prequel
More!!! Pretty PLEASE!!
Maria
Super short. Write faster Melissa!
Darcy
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
A quick peek into Aya's choice to fight and how it affected her life.
Hazellie
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-books-read
This "book" is way too short, but it did make me reread Carnival of Souls/Secrets again. =)
Amanda
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Four stars for the intriguing world, two for the abrupt drop off that basically makes it pointless.
Ashley Chew
Dec 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
I thought this was a stand alone short story. I didn't realize it was part of a series. So it was very confusing.
Vicki Haid
Apr 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
Too short... Need book 2!
Goodreads Librari...: not new release 3 30 Sep 08, 2014 01:21PM
There's a second!!! 1 37 Feb 07, 2014 09:27PM

• Dead Voices (Small Spaces #2)
  • Sorceress (Spellcaster, #3)
  • Crash (Visions, #1)
  • Bang (Visions, #2)
  • The Viking's Captive (Clan Hakon, #2)
  • The Viking's Consort (Clan Hakon, #3)
  • Gasp (Visions, #3)
  • Forbidden Mate (Shifters of Bear's Den, #1)
  • Thief's Cunning (Assassin's Heart #2)
  • Steadfast (Spellcaster, #2)
  • Duel at Araluen (Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger #3)
  • Assassin's Heart (Assassin's Heart, #1)
  • Dangerous Mate (Shifters of Bear's Den, #2)
  • The Memory Thief
  • Dark Souls
  • Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #3)
  • Kat in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #4.1)
  • Midwinterblood

Melissa Marr is a former university literature instructor who writes fiction for adults, teens, and children. She is best known for the Wicked Lovely series for teens, the Graveminder for adults, and her debut picturebook Bunny Roo, I Love You.

Her books have been translated into twenty-eight languages and been bestsellers internationally as well as domestically (NY Times, Los Angeles Times, USA

Untamed City (1 books)
  • Carnival of Secrets (Untamed City, #1)