Start by marking “Welcome to Your World, Baby” as Want to Read:
Welcome to Your World, Baby

Welcome to Your World, Baby

Becoming a big sister is a big event! There's so much to share - and do - and celebrate!
Beloved actress, author, and mother Brooke Shields paints a warm and loving picture of the joys of sisterhood in this merry book with exuberant artwork by the talented Cori Doerrfeld.
Published June 24th 2008 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Your World, Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to Your World, Baby

Jenny
Jul 31, 2008 rated it liked it
More credit should be given to the illustrator who drew delightful pictures to accompany this book. I really think that Welcome to Your World, Baby would not have gained notoriety if it was not written by Brooke Shields.
Mallory Hall
Apr 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: toddlers
This was over the top girlie. Everything was pink and tea parties and tiaras and dolls... It made me a little nauseous.
V.A. Trafton
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book for parents who have a child who maybe experiencing some mixed feelings about having a baby brother or sister. A sibling shows her soon to be brother or sister what her world will be like once born. So cute and love the illustrations.
Christina Fixemer
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This picture book is full of sweet sentiment and darling illustrations. It isn't a story so much as a promise of things to come between sisters. The excitement of having a new baby in the house is a big deal to older siblings, and this shines through.

As a read-aloud book, however, it is difficult to get into a decent rhythm. The prose is laid out to look as though it is rhythmic, so, while reading to my own daughter, I kept feeling off kilter. This may seem like a nitpicky thing to say, but try
Peace_Love_Reading
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Really didn't like this one. I only really gave it a two star rating because I did love the illustrations. On page three the oldest daughter says "I almost want to eat them, but that would be silly !" This was referring to her feet smelling so sweet. Ummmmm yeah. That's a no go for me. I get it as an adult, the saying of "I just want to eat you up". But when I read this line out loud to my five year old he laughed and said ewww. I said "what's Ewww??", he then said why would she eat the babys fe ...more
Megan MacDonald
Jan 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love being a big sister too! This book reminded me a lot of my relationship with my little sister and the things we used to do together. Some children get nervous when they are going to have a new brother or sister, but this book describes all the fun things you can do when you have a brother or sister to play with. A very relatable story, especially for young girls, the pictures also do a great job of keeping the reader engaged and seeing all the things little girls spend their time doing. A ...more
Christine Turner
Aug 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-baby
A little girl welcomes her new baby sister home from the hospital and takes joy in telling and showing her all the activities and experiences they will share. www.hcpl.net

Note: This book would work well for a child who is about to be a big sister. The illustrations include a lot of pink, which I am not found of, but many children love.
Tricia
Jan 10, 2009 rated it liked it
this is the only children's picture book written by a famous person that i've actually enjoyed. big sister welcomes her little sister and they have fun doing things that sisters do. the girls loved this book because it was like a snapshot of their lives, really.
Danica
Mar 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is one of our family's all time favorites! I love the pictures and the two little girls. We read this book all the time, sometimes multiple times a day.
Suzanne
Jun 28, 2008 rated it liked it
Simple yet cute story about a big sister's plans for her and her new little sister. Illustrations are adorable.
Brent
May 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, poetry
Sweet, and well illustrated: my child loved it. I say it beats the heck out of Billy Joel's similar book.
Erin
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My girls and I love this book! Perfect for anyone with two little girls, as they will surely relate to this cute story of sisterly love!
Tina Bartholoma
Dec 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
"poor review, typical for pop-star authors"
Brooke
Jul 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiddo-books
pretty good for an actress :)
Marie
May 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Perfectly describes Makenna and Autumn, thanks MOM
Amy
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love reading this book to both my daughters.
Emily Myhren
Justine Avery
Oct 08, 2018
Julie
Jun 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
I felt the text was way too simple but the illustrations are adorable.
Melissia A Custer