Start by marking “Sworn to Conflict (Courtlight, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sworn to Conflict (Courtlight, #3)

Sworn to Conflict

(Courtlight #3)

The latest release in the high fantasy series which has drawn comparisons to Kushiel's Dart, Graceling, and the epic world of Tamora Pierce.

Published December 3rd 2013

To ask other readers questions about Sworn to Conflict, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sworn to Conflict

Start your review of Sworn to Conflict (Courtlight, #3)
Louisa
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a fantastic book! It picked up very quickly after the last book's cliffhanger ending, and then things were happening, and it was just so fantastic! And it's ending, oh, boy, was like Sworn to Raise, but bigger! I want to read more!
eyes.2c
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy
Wow! Never a dull moment with Ciardis Weathervane!

The unsuspected continues to startle not only me but Ciardis herself, and all those who come into contact with her. But we're all up for the adventure of it. I have to say I just love the person that Ciardis is--loyal to a fault, compassionate, innocent in her reactions and honourable.
Last seen Ciardis had confronted the Shadow Mage and then somehow been teleported or transported. Where? Smack bang in the middle of a battle far to the frozen
Kathy Horsman
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great transition from one book to another for Terah Edun! Ciardis Weathervane had so much happen to her in Sworn to Transfer from betrayal to blossoming love that the third book had to jump right back into the action but also provide some sort of way to get Ciardis back into the action with all the characters that I loved from the first two books since she was so removed from them. Having her be in a coma solved a lot of that! Being a fantasy book has it's advantageous ;)

Ciardis is
Alice
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
My star mint : 4.5

MY REVIEW

Hello! Today I have the opportunity to Review of the 3 books of The courtlight series by Terah Edun .
Overall the plot is good, has a well-defined protagonist . The author knows very good and leads you down the path you want to develop . And likewise each book takes shape . The level is improving between each book, the effort that is taking the risk and the author will be undertaking notes. Landscapes and the secondary characters are taking shape and just hope that in
J.C. Cauthon
Jun 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I have read the first three books of this series this week, so I will review this book for itself and how it fits in with the entire series.

The writing has gotten much better since the first book. I did not find myself stumbling through sentences and paragraphs anywhere as much as I did on the first novel of this series. There were still grammar errors and sentences that needed some work, but on the whole, it was much better and much easier to read.

Ciardis seemed more likable in this novel. She
Satarupa
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an Overall Series Review

I got these books from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author and the tour organizers for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this series.

Great characterization and well execution of concept. I also liked the plot very much and the good writing of the author connected me well with the story line. There are some grammatical mistakes and typos but other than that I liked the
Jen*The Geeky Book Gal*
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Amazon's blurb:
Ciardis Weathervane fought for the living dead and won. But worse than taking on a mass murderer, was her discovery that she had been deceived by her friends. Now she needs to not only fight a war in the North and survive, but also decide where she stands in the midst of competing sides.
A threat to all she holds dear lies in the North and her heart is not the only thing she might lose. A massive army awaits in the mountain pass, surging closer to the gates of the southern lands.
Anny hernandez
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**** I received an ARC copy of this book an honest review ****

Wow this book is full of surprise, this was not what I was expecting, I love this series and I have read all three books and cant get enough of it. this book jumped right in where the second one left of,Ciardis finds herself in the North, right in the middle of the war, she being unconscious for the better part of three weeks, her mage core being drained extensively. she knows there's something wrong at the warfront, and is determined
Lexi
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
**Originally posted on Book Bliss book blog. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review**
Review: 4 stars
General: For me, the third book in the series was by the best. Only have a hiccup with Ciardis's character that threw me from giving this a 5 star review because it soured me towards her. The writing was well done and the action scenes felt fluid, which I can be picky about since I know how hard they are to write and this book was filled to the brim with
Elien
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-books, 2014, netgalley
This review and more on So Bookalicious

It has been a couple of months since I have read the Sworn to Transfer so it took me a while to recall what exactly happened in the previous book since this book picked up right after it.

Sworn to Transfer ended in the middle of a battle scene and to top it off Ciardis just find out that her life is not what she thought it was. It was now up to Ciardis to uncover the whole truth about her past, her friends and her family. So you can tell that she was
Tammy Hall
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The plot thickens and as I began reading book three I realized that this was not going to be a happily ever after. Ciardis is thrown into the never ending war of the north and unaware of what or whom she is fighting for. She quickly discovers the path of betrayal that leads further back then even Ciardis was aware of. Ciardis is left to figure it out pretty much on her own as the lies and secrets that have been told to her or with held start to surface she soon discovers that she must chose ...more
Chie
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: december-2013

This is a wonderful continuation of the Courtlight Series, the third but not the final book..but I wasn't disappointed, definitely not! because half way through the book secrets are being revealed and unexpected wonderful things are happening which causes me to panic because..nOooo! I won't survive a rush ending so I was happy to learn that there would be a forth book and mmm maybe a fifth book? no news yet..anyway I'm happy with how the story progresses and how Ciardis keeps on meeting and
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, young-adult, fantasy
**ARC Provided by Netgalley and All Night Reads for an honest review**

This book starts where the last one left off and cannot be read as a stand alone book.

It's not quite as good as book two, but the story goes non-stop and is very action-packed. There are many twists and turns and you never know exactly who to trust and what is going to happen next.

Ciardis really shows her loyalty and innocence and we watch as she finds out more about herself and the world around her. We feel her pain at
Diane Lynch
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
After defeating the Shadow mage from book two, Sworn to Transfer, Ciardis Weathervane touches a silver band that transports her to the war in the North. A combination of depleting her magic and the cold-weather causes her to lose consciousness for three weeks. Luckily, she arrived near the camp of Captain Barnaren, whose medic saw to her health. Faced with war and deceit, Ciardis must decide which side of the confrontation she is on.

Terah Edun does it again, with another enchanting book in the
Natalie Trantham
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Macri
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, she is now less of a special snowflake. Lets see what happens in the next book, shall we?
Tracey
Another thrilling chapter in this fantasy saga for Older YA. The intrigue is as thick as molasses and just as dark and sticky. I can't wait to find out what happens now in this well written tale.
Lorena
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, fantasy
* See more at: http://petrichorabookblog.tumblr.com
** I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest opinion.
*** Recensione in Italiano più sotto
**** Real Rating: 4.5/5

Review

We had left Ciardis struggling with a victory against a formidable enemy, but also with new revelations about her family, who all had hidden until then. Suddenly, the girl finds herself catapulted into the icy and terrible North, at the front, near a camp of soldiers. Ciardis get there almost
Bruce
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I'm really getting into this series. After her abrupt transfer to the war zone which no one expected Ciardis finds herself with4 the army led by one of her prospective patrons. Her appearance shocked them all and the general's personal healer was called upon to help Ciardis recover from the unanticipated transfer and the final episode in Sworn to Transfer. The book ends on a cliff hanger that leads one to book 4.
Emma Que
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Continuing to build the intrigue

The tangled web grows denser in this third book. Every character seems to become vital to some aspect of the intrigue. The pacing remains awesome and the plot is complicated but not unbelievable. I wonder how they'll maintain over the next 9 books...
Dinnl
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Still enjoying the books and the heroine. Not too romantic and certainly enough going on! Usually I dont like cliffhangers but I knew this was a series from the start and it is not irritating me as much as usual. I intend to read on!
Shawna
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 for me. Honestly after the first book things went downhill! I loved the first book, it was different and captivating. The second book lagged and dragged on until the end and this on me was no different.
Sara
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading the second book I was concerned that the pace in this series had slowed. But the pace really picked up with plot twists, adventure and more. I'm so glad I continued with this series and I enjoyed reading about the characters progression and relationships on their adventure.
Laurie Hopkins
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Intrigue abounds

This series is so full of twists and turns, you can hardly see straight. I lost track of some and then bam, oh yeah that happened. I don't know how Ciardis can stand up, she must be so dizzy. If you want to know what I am talking about then please read the series.
Scott
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terah Edun just keeps getting better with this series 3 books in and going to get the next one , the story has plenty of action and magic and twist and turns that make you to read more . So jump on board and get started on a series you will have a hard time putting down ...more
Rita
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Wanted to give the book a 3.75.
Cassandra Colton
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy the storyline. Sometimes the heroine comes off as a spoiled brat and the manuscripts need more editing, but it's a new view of a fantastical world of magic and monsters.
Billy Young
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
The Weathervane continues to fight for the empire even if it isn't willing to acknowledge her loyalty. While her prince keeps going hot and cold.
Kevin
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. Did not expect any of that ...

Recommended.
Richa
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review, arc, netgalley
Originally posted at City of Books

This series really does keep getting better! Sworn to Conflict is definitely my favourite so far, and I have a feeling the next book is going to top it. I devoured this book in one go, since I really couldn't bring myself to stop reading. The plot is jam-packed with action, and there are so many shockers that got my head spinning, especially towards the end. Everything's turned upside-down in this book, and a lot of relationship dynamics change.

At the end of
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 23, 2015 06:31PM

• The Knight's Secret (The Mage Conspiracy Book 1)
  • The Last Descendant (Sanyare Chronicles, #1)
  • Daybreak
  • King of Ash and Bone (Shattered Realms #1)
  • The Dissenters (The Amplified #2)
  • Maggie for Hire (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #1)
  • Witch's Sacrifice (Hemlock Chronicles, #5)
  • The Whisper of Silenced Voices (After The Rift #3)
  • Dark Nebula (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #2)
  • The Palace of Lost Memories (After the Rift #1)
  • Midnight Rose (The Midnight Series, #1)
  • Rae of Hope (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #1)
  • Crush (The Crush Saga, #1)
  • A Court for Thieves (A Throne for Sisters, #2)
  • Perfekt Order (The Ære Saga #1)
  • Magic of the Gargoyles (Gargoyle Guardian Chronicles, #1)
  • Discern (Mosaic Chronicles, #1)
  • The Daemoniac (Gaslamp Gothic #1)

FIND ON FACEBOOK
NEWSLETTER SIGNUP
ASK A QUESTION

NEW RELEASE

2019 will be a insane year, so buckle up. If you'd like to be an ARC reader, join Terah's Facebook group, or make an offer - assistant@terahedun.com.

Courtlight Series:

SERIES LINK

Crown Service Series:

SERIES LINK

Forthcoming: Algardis Series

Please don't email me through Goodreads. Send a message through my

Courtlight (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Sworn to Raise (Courtlight #1)
  • Sworn to Transfer (Courtlight #2)
  • Sworn to Secrecy (Courtlight, #4)
  • Sworn To Defiance (Courtlight #5)
  • Sworn To Ascension (Courtlight #6)
  • Sworn To Vengeance (Courtlight #7)
  • Sworn To Sovereignty (Courtlight #8)
  • Sworn To War (Courtlight #9)
  • Sworn To Quell (Courtlight #10)
  • Sworn to Restoration (Courtlight #11)