Start by marking “Saga, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Saga, Vol. 3

Saga, Vol. 3

(Saga #3)

4.50  ·  Rating details ·  82,634 ratings  ·  5,363 reviews
From the Hugo Award-winning duo of Brian K. Vaughan (The Private Eye, Y: The Last Man) and Fiona Staples (North 40, Red Sonja), Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the universe. Searching for their literary hero, new parents Marko and Alana travel to a cosmic lighthouse on the planet Quietus, while the couple's multiple pursuers fi ...more
Paperback, Trade, 144 pages
Published March 25th 2014 by Image Comics (first published March 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Saga, Vol. 3, please sign up.
Natasha Yes on #2, but I feel like it'd be especially hard to understand volume #3 if you don't read #3.…moreYes on #2, but I feel like it'd be especially hard to understand volume #3 if you don't read #3.(less)

·  82,634 ratings  ·  5,363 reviews

Start your review of Saga, Vol. 3
Patrick
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This comic is so good it's starting to piss me off.

Dear Mr. Vaughan,

You should not be able to make me cry five times in the same fucking comic. Seriously. Twice in two pages? This will not do. It is neither seemly nor fair.

Please knock that shit off.

Fondly yours,

pat

P.S. Please don't knock it off.
Zoë
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
This seemed like a small step down from the last volume. I appreciated how our cast of characters are developing and coming into their own, especially Sophie, Gwendolyn, and Marko's mother. (view spoiler)
However, most of the story felt like filler as the plot wasn't moved that much further. Additionally, the illustrations weren't
Federico DN
Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
It's when all the cards are on the table that you realize how everything is going to play out.

Showdown time. Fugitives and pursuers get together for a nice little talk. Alana, Marko, The Will, Gwendolyn and Prince Robot IV finally meet on the peaceful lands of Quietus, and you can guess it, not everyone is walking out of it in one piece.

Starts somewhat slow, at least in comparison to the previous volumes, but it sure ends with a couple of bangs. Entertaining, thrilling... and sad.

Until next time
karen
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
only little about sharks, but still worth floating for SHAAARRKK WEEEK!

photo IMG_4334_zpsobegrxcz.jpg

another great volume in what is shaping up to be an outstanding series. there were even some sharks in it this time!

photo IMG_4337_zpsxfntvr0d.jpg

briefly

photo IMG_4338_zpslayoapkp.jpg

photo IMG_4340_zpsfxujq3h5.jpg

don't worry - i will be very careful here.

what i liked most about this installment was how meta it was - there was so much time devoted to talking about books, the process of bringing books into the world, the joy of being confronted with stacks and stacks of new books, and there were some
Richard
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
The Saga series is created by Hugo Award winners Brian K. Vaughan (writer) and Fiona Staples (artwork)

Three books in and I’m still loving this series of graphic novels. These glossy tomes are sharp, funny and madly inventive, and they brighten up a lockdown coffee break (and my bookshelves)
I’m beginning to get quite attached to the central characters, Elana and Marko, our star crossed lovers and their baby, Hazel (sometime narrator) as they flee assassins, reporters and ex partners.
As explained
Claudia Ramírez
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I think this one is my favorite so far! :)
the burning dreamer.
I.
Can.
Not.
Put.
Them.
Down.

*obliviates brain for next three weeks until the rest of the books arrive*

(view spoiler)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

In this volume Alana and Marko decide they are going to go looking for the author of the romance book they read. I just love that there is a book and author in these graphic novels. CLASSIC!

Grandma Klara decides she's going too! They will not leave her behind.

Of course things don't go so well when they first get there as Klara gets one of her ears ate off by some bugs. Joyful! But after they find their author, he's drunk at first, they all get a long and I
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
These books are like Prozac..I just want to eat them up by the dozen.
I think this one is even better than Volume 2. (Yes, I still haven't gotten vol. 1 yet)

Our heroes Marco and Alana have gone to find their literary hero so that they can ask him questions about the book that caused them to become a couple.

Then--stuff happens

I wants all these books!!
Sean Barrs
The weirdness continues in the third volume of this excellent series.

I must admit, I expected it to lose its dazzling nature after the first volume but none of its awesomeness has diminished. I have high hopes that it will remain persistently good unlike so many other comics that fluctuate in quality.

The best thing about this volume is a cyclops author who knows how to make a fucking great entrance and a lasting impression:

description

And from here the first few issues fall into discussions about the impo
Ahmad Sharabiani
Saga, Volume 3 (Saga (Collected Editions) #3), Brian K. Vaughan (Writer), Fiona Staples (Artist)

The third trade paperback collection, Saga, Vol. 3, which collects issues #13–18, was released March 19, 2014.

Chapter Thirteen: In flashback, the family, weeks after Barr's death, arrive on Quietus and meet Heist, whom Alana hopes can advise them on their future. Upsher and Doff, a tabloid journalist and photographer, interview one of the Landfallian soldiers injured by Marko during the unsuccessful a
Nat
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
“No story’s worth dying for"

description
This review contains *spoilers*.

This series is going by so quickly. I want to reach the last volume, but I also don’t want this to be over (I’ll probably read it anyway).
description

I’m just really attached to the wonderful characters in this comic book.
The fast paced plot, the funny dialogue, and the incredible relationships all make it impossible to put down. It's a completely unputdownable story.

And so much happened in that last chapter, I’m still trying to wrap my mind arou
Megan Johnson
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Of the 3 volumes of SAGA I've read so far, I think this one might be my favorite. Okay, that's largely because it featured a writer and I'm a bit partial to them...but I felt that action-wise, it was just especially well done. All of the cliff hangers and plot points that were introduced in volume 2 are now coming into fruition and it's so much fun!

Can't wait to get to volume 4! I've written reviews on volumes 1 + 2 as well if you're interested in more in-depth thoughts.

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FAC
Kemper
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just your typical story about a couple from opposing species of an interstellar war falling in love and having a baby, then fleeing the governments and hired mercenaries of both sides in a wooden rocketship with their ghost babysitter...

Three volumes in and so far each one has been 5 stars. I'm pretty sure that has never happened to me before.
Melanie
Vol. 1 ★★★★
Vol. 2 ★★★★

This graphic novel made me more emotional than any other graphic novel ever has. This third installment will really pull on your heartstrings, so be prepared to feel all the feels.

This graphic novel also deals with some pretty BIG themes:
- Being able to love after a loss.
- Following your dreams, no matter what.
- How important, and memorable, it is to read to young children.
- Society's views on the LGBT community, and how much it needs to change.
- And most importantly,
Lauren Lanz
The art style in Saga never fails to impress me. This was a really entertaining volume!

“After years of pitched battles, my father was ready for a significantly less stressful career. Unfortunately, he decided to try raising a girl.”

Marko and Alana are always fun protagonists to follow, especially when paired with intergalactic warfare and mutant creatures around every corner. In this instalment the pair are on a mission to find their idol, who may also be able to assist them greatly.

While th

-----------------------------------------------

First read in April 2014
Reread in September 2015
Third read in January 2018

I found myself wanting to skim read the bits with the journalists.. for some reason I found them so boring, but other than that and the lacking of action that the first
Andrea Ashwood
description
"Because the opposite of war...is fucking."
Seriously, rn I think there's no other sidekick in the literature that I love more than the Lying Cat. I love her and I hope nothing happens to, because then I will cry for days. This animal is going to end my life...♡

Also, I've found this volume a little bit less interesting than the first two, but, OF COURSE, I will continue with the series.

Review coming soon...
J.L.   Sutton
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
The wild ride continues with Saga #3 as Alana and Marko, on the run, look both for a safe place for their family and their literary hero, D. Oswald Heist. There’s plenty of character development and quirkiness (which one expects from this series). I’m continuing to enjoy!
Maureen
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better it's like I can't NOT rate it a 5
(Something I didn't say before tho ESP if you are younger this series has some explicit content so know that going in!)
˗ˏˋliaˎˊ˗
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
“break rules as often as you can, because who the hell doesn’t want to have an adventure?”

oh, how i’ve missed saga! after loving the previous two volumes so much, however, this one fell a little flat for me plot-wise. it was still super hilarious and incredibly heart-wrenching back to back and i laughed and yelled out loud a few times, but this particular volume felt like a kind of filler for what’s to come in volume 4, i guess.

i loved the character developments in this one though, especially
Steph Sinclair
This just keeps getting better and better. So addicted.
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
I shall write a review to express the awesomeness spreading from this series pretty soon. Let's say, in the 47,589,478 following days. I think.

Also, this :

This is amazing. We should take it for a slogan or something.
Lilith Black Bee
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This actually gets better and better! Again, l really love Alana and Marko is such a sweet pie! Oh, and the thing that the story is told by Hazel?! Beyond love it! Don't really know what it stops me to give this 5 out of 5 but, oh well, l still have a lot to read until the last published volume.
Algernon (Darth Anyan)
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, 2014

Three stars might seem a bit harsh for one of the best adult comics published today, but it reflects my disappointment with how little actual content there was in this third story arc. There simply isn't enough meat on the bare bones of the adventure to justify calling it space opera or even epic. It feels more like a resume, a synopsis of the actual events. I finished it all in a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon, and now I have to wait until the end of the year for the next story arc to be
Michael Finocchiaro
The Saga series just gets even better with each volume. This one gives us some new characters, some exciting intrigue and more amazing and tantalising creatures. A must read for fans of graphic novels.
✨    jamieson   ✨
I love this series so much, the characters are great and so is the world. Marko is the softest dad in the world, I love him so much. And Alana is such a fucking badass I'm shooked. The art is really beautiful too!

This wasn't my favourite volume, but I did like Sophie in this one and the inclusion of a gay couple AND Gwendolyn being bisexual. (but I wasn't jazzed on some homophobic slurs being used eh)

Also this cover is literally stunning I stared at it for 10 minutes before whispering, softly,
Sara
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There is a lot of really cool stuff that happens in this volume but to be honest with you, none of it is as cool as this cover
Petrik
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Buddy reading this entire series with my favorite Princess Celeste

I'm blazing through this series and even though I'm enjoying it, I still don't get why the series is so highly acclaimed. It could be just me but I really wish this books doesn't have any actions at all, the story gets better, characters are explored more but every time there's an action going on the art really made me feel detached. Even though I prefer there's no action, in this book there's a quote "it will be action packed." t

• Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act
  • Monstress, Vol. 2: The Blood
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 2: Fandemonium
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • Fence, Vol. 2
  • The Doll's House (The Sandman, #2)
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows
  • Fence, Vol. 3
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 3: Commercial Suicide
  • Sass & Sorcery (Rat Queens, #1)
  • Monstress, Vol. 3: Haven
  • Nimona
Brian K. Vaughan is the writer and co-creator of comic-book series including SAGA, PAPER GIRLS, Y THE LAST MAN, RUNAWAYS, and most recently, BARRIER, a digital comic with artist Marcos Martin about immigration, available from their pay-what-you-want site www.PanelSyndicate.com

BKV's work has been recognized at the Eisner, Harvey, Hugo, Shuster, Eagle, and British Fantasy Awards. He sometimes writes

Saga (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Saga, Vol. 1