Start by marking “Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)

Tyler

(Long, Tall Texans #3)

SWEET-TALKIN' TEXAN

With only a quick glance at Nell Regan, a man might miss the beauty in the shy face, or the sexy figure hidden beneath the shapeless clothes. Nell had learned the hard way the she had nothing to offer a man. Her future was here, running her Arizona dude ranch...alone.

Then Tyler Jacobs arrived...a man who knew what it was like to be alone and alienated.
Paperback, Silhouette Romance, #604, 187 pages
Published October 1st 1988 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Tyler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyler

StMargarets
Man, I got a bad batch of Diana Palmer - or this wasn't set in Jacobsville and the magic just wasn't there. *has DP hangover*

This story is set on a dude ranch in Arizona. The plain Jane heroine is due to inherit the ranch when she turns 25 in the next year. Until then her uncle makes the decisions, while she is part of the day-to-day operations. The hero is Shelby's (the heroine from Justin) brother. The siblings lost everything in Jacobsville after their father died. The sister entered a MoC wi
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Our heroine is ugly and unattractive and also suffered a trauma that profoundly affected her.
Her sister-in-law who is a former model and very beautiful, she is a bitch that even being married went flirting with a cowboy and he fell in love with her.
Our young innocent heroine had a crush on this cowboy and he ended up sexually assaulting her. She was not raped by him because he was interrupted. Since he can not have her sister-in-law he tried to have sex with our heroine. This episode left her
Mysticnox
Otro vaquero terminado. La verdad que éste ha sido el más aburrido porque como los anteriores era antiguo pero no tan retrógrado con lo que no hemos podido ni Yola ni yo reírnos apenas, ahora que ella es una prota pichote como dirían las haggards. Por dios que tonta y pesada.
Yolanda
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Qué poco nos hemos reído con este libro. Con los ratos que nos han dando los anteriores a Mysticnox y a mi. La prota... pesada, pesada
GuisBell
Jun 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Que manera de perder el tiempo, no pueden sentarse y conversar honestamente. Supongo que Tyler la malogro con sus precipitadas e hirientes palabras y bueno despues de eso ninguna mujer que se respete olvidará fácilmente lo que se ha dicho de ella rápidamente...
Pam
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: diana-palmer, 2017
I like Tyler. The first three Long Tall Texans run on the same theme. Herione afraid of sex and male misunderstands. I thought this was the best of the three.
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews
May have slight spoilers.

In author Diana Palmer’s third Long, Tall Texans novel, Tyler we get Nell Regan and Tyler Jacobs story.

Tyler has recently lost everything, his wealth, farm and more because of his father’s debts. Now working a new job the boss sends him to be the new foreman of the Double R dude ranch in Arizona. He has just gotten back after taking a day off to go back to Jacobsville and attends his sister Shelly’s wedding to Justin Ballenger.

Tyler has had a hard time of it lately and
Caitlin Wyatt
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one.. I loved the change of location from Jacobsville to Arizona. It made me think happily of Linda Lael Miller who writes about Arizona a lot. I liked Tyler when he was in both Calhoun & Justin's books. It was nice to learn more about him. He turned out to be backward, caring, misguided, & stubborn. He goes out to Arizona to work on a dude ranch. If you have even read on western romance about a legit cowboy rancher you know that he was seriously desperate for a job. ...more
Kari
Mar 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This one ended up being a did not finish for me. It was just too ridiculous or maybe I had had enough of women who get to their 20s and know NOTHING about even kissing a man. Really? I know it was written in the 80s but, come on. Did a woman like Nell really exist in the 80s? It was something I just couldn't get past so I didn't really feel the relationship between Tyler and Nell. I'm this close to calling it quits with this series. If they are all like this, it could get a little tiring.
Griffinyarn
Jun 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Not a standout Diana Palmer novel. The "conflict" basically consisted of the heroine's insecurities compounded by her overhearing some thoughtless comments made by the hero. (view spoiler) An okay, if forgettable, read.

Recommended for Diana Palmer fans.
Karen Loomis
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled upon this book by accident. Don't have any idea where I got it, but I was looking for something to read and my Kindle Fire was at 1%. I'm glad I found it! It's a very sweet story of love and a young, insecure girl finding herself and becoming a confident woman. Ms. Palmer never disappoints!
Val
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marg could have fallen off the face of the earth for all I cared. Loved the book otherwise.
Ann
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lo this book love all her long tall Texans didn't think they were going to make it with all her hang ups but he didn't give up can't wait to read more of her long tall Texans books
Sandra Patiño
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Como dije antes, tantos malentendidos cansan, pero fue una bella historia, muy sencilla.
Dani "The REAL Cullens_Girl since 2002"
I am a sucker for a LTT book and loved Tyler in both Calhoun and Justin's story. I am glad to read Tyler's story but this one was a huge disappointment. None of Palmer's love stories are fully believable but this one was straight up terrible. The heroine Nell has absolutely no self esteem and the author didn't give her even an inkling of common sense. It was frustrating to see the heroine put herself down again and again... and I felt her reactions and assumptions too extreme.

I do not recommend
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Série Homens do Texas 03
Lições Do Coração
Diana Palmer

Adoro o Tyler, mas ele é um piadista, morria de rir quando dizia que era um homem antiquado, um homem a moda antiga. Poupe-me, se formos compará-lo com o Justin, ele é um tarado maníaco sexual. Kkkk...

Tudo bem! Posso estar exagerando, mas continuo rindo. Antiquada sou eu, ele é homem, kkkk... Desculpe me, não consegui resistir!

Digamos então, que o Ty é um homem que tem controle de si mesmo. Mas isso não importa, ele é mesmo um gostosão, com
Julie C-F
I like Tyler and being a gentleman and not taking advantage of Nell's innocence made him even more a character I can hold in esteem. Nell on the other hand is insecure and lacking in self-confidence.

There were dialogues that seemed to be repeated a few times and it is a bit irritating to read.

I hope book #4 will have a glimpse of how this couple will make their dude ranch successful.
Savanah Fahrney-day
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is one of my least favorite Diana Palmer books. Instead of just telling the heroine how he feels, he keeps telling her to figure it out for herself. I understand she has self-esteem issues, but if you love someone you want them to feel secure in that love - not having to second guess themself & you constantly.
Adrienne Myers
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
A 24 yo is dealing with something that happened to her 9 years ago... when she was 15!!! A 20 something guest of the house came to her bed. She started screaming. Does no one other than myself see this as assault (at the minimum)?!?! Ugh.so disappointed in this. Seeing more and more of 'NO' in these books but it is explained away.
Suze
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
TYLER

I wish I had read the first two books in the series first, I might have liked this one better. I did not like the way the main characters spoke to each other; some of it was very mean spirited.
Dewi Read
May 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
keciiiiiiwa..... dari awal sampe akhir yang ditunggu2 tak ada muncul scene yg dinanti2...ada apa niiiih DP..... [image error]
Mackenzie
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
LTT #3
Rosi López
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tyler is just... perfect!
Kathleen
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tiene puntos extra porque si yo tuviera que aguantar a Nell, la tiraria por una ventana... http://kathlr95.wix.com/esquinaliteraria
Gail A Ostrove
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept you guessing until the end.

I would recommend this book to other people who have been waiting to find out how her man really feels.
Laura Calderone
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amatoriale
Tyler Jacobs e Nell Regan (fratello di Shelby)
sono i nipoti del fondatori di Jacobsville
Mimna
Oct 17, 2012 rated it liked it
นางเอกงองแงง พระเอกกไมยอมบอกความรูสึกใหชัวรซะทีเพราะอยากใหนางเอกไวใจเขาดวยตัวเอง เลยทำใหนนางเอกเสียเซฟไปคอนเรือง

สนุกคะ จีดๆหัวใจตามแบบ Diana Palmer
แนวเดียวกะลินนเลย
Cecil
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vaqueros, romance
Fue bueno, aunque la actitud de Nell era desesperante... el libro te atrapa asi como todos los demás. Seguiré con el siguiente :)
Natalya
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned, nook
Abandoned on 50/123. Nell being childishly insecure gave Tyler's attentions to her a pervy feel. Not badly written, but the story turned me off.
  • Blind Promises
  • Night Fever
  • Going Commando
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • My Darling Melissa (Corbins, #4)
  • Ms. Match (The Wrong Bed #49)
  • True to the Law (Bitter Springs #2)
  • The Secret of My Seduction (Scandalous, #4.5)
  • Marriage on Demand (Hometown Heartbreakers, #2)
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • Hannah (Betty Neels Collector's Edition)
  • Hot Chocolate (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • With A Southern Touch: Adam\A Night In Paradise\Garden Cop
  • A Natural Father
  • Sweet Deception (Veiled Seduction, #2)
  • Run Among Thorns
  • Smokin' Six-Shooter (Whitehorse, Montana: The Corbetts #4)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, Tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)
  • Regan's Pride (Long, Tall Texans, #11)