Start by marking “Shivers Box Set” as Want to Read:
Shivers Box Set

Shivers Box Set

Lose yourself in four eerie, atmospheric tales of romance...and revenge

In a decaying mansion, a ghostly presence refuses to relinquish the artist she's long haunted to a new lover and muse. In an ancient Cornish castle, an innocent woman may be sacrificed to a family's legacy of madness. On the fringes of a Welsh estate, a vengeful figure targets the long-lost daughter of
ebook
Published January 6th 2014 by Harlequin E (first published December 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Shivers Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shivers Box Set

Fiona Marsden
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review is for Legacy of Darkness by Jane Godwin, the second book in the set. I will add the others as I read them.

The heroine Lucy Alleyne arrives at Tenebris an innocent young woman, alone in the world. Demelza Jago, a cousin of sorts, has brought her here as a companion to her. Here Lucy meets the magnetic Uther Jago, Demelza's brother, and their nephew Tynan, the Earl who will come into his inheritance in a few weeks time on his twenty-first birthday.

The Jago's have possessed Tenebris, a
Rosie Amber
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read of a Shivers Box Set and I really liked all the stories it contained.

Darkening Around Me, is set in the Pacific Northwest and is dark and haunting with The Thornleigh Bride having a hold over all who live there. Samantha has gone to have a clay likeness made of her by Miles O'Keefe, but no one is allowed to stay longer than a week for fear of what the ghost can do.

Legacy of Darkness is a Gothic romance set amongst the stunning scenery of a rugged Cornish coast. Lucy Alleyn
Kira
Darkening Around Me by Barbara J. Hancock
2.5 Stars
The gothic scenes were really well written and creepy as hell, but the plot lacked cohesion and felt more like set peices. The romance was more "tell" than "show" and unbelievable. The hero was really boring, lacking the danger and moral ambiguity of great gothic heroes. I did enjoy the gothic parts very much and I think the story would have benefited from about 50-100 more pages to flesh things out.

Legacy of Darkness by Jane Godman
4.5 Stars
Now t
Gidget
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading the first story in the complimentary copy of the Shivers box set I received. Gothic is not the usual type of story I read but once I started the first story "Darkening Around Me" I was hooked. I even started reading it aloud to myself. The descriptive an atmospheric elements are captivating. If all the stories are as intriguing and captivating as the first, then this set is a winner.
StacyLynn StacyLynn
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't ask for a better set of contemporary gothic romance novellas. Wonderful authors, great stories!
Wendy Melling
Apr 10, 2014
Tricia
Mar 01, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Please Add to my works 4 175 Jan 06, 2014 01:45PM
I write gothic thrillers and fantasy romance. For Harlequin Nocturne, I've written a Faustian series featuring men who've sold their souls and the women who save them--Brimstone Seduction, Brimstone Bride, and Brimstone Prince. And a fairytale Gothic series featuring three Russian wolf shifters-- Legendary Shifter, Legendary Wolf and Legendary Beast. Also watch for my first YA romance, a Gothic Th ...more