Start by marking “The Brain Sell: When Science Meets Shopping; How the New Mind Sciences and the Persuasion Industry Are Reading Our Thoughts, Influencing Our Emotions, and Stimulating Us to Shop” as Want to Read:

In a room sat a theoretical physicist, an engineer, a mathematician, a biochemist, and a neuropsychologist. Their task? To evaluate the effectiveness of a marketing campaign for a grooming product that retails for less than $15.00.

"The Brain Sell," praised as the new "Hidden Persuaders," is the inside story of how our rapidly evolving understanding of the brain plays into
Published September 23rd 2013 by Nicholas Brealey Publishing (first published August 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Brain Sell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brain Sell

Start your review of The Brain Sell: When Science Meets Shopping; How the New Mind Sciences and the Persuasion Industry Are Reading Our Thoughts, Influencing Our Emotions, and Stimulating Us to Shop
Aizhan Kimanova
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Эта книга рассказывает о нейромаркетинге - науке, изучающей связь мозга с покупательскими привычками и желаниями. Автор книги -Дэвид Льюис - раскрывает секреты, как маркетологи используют нейробиологию в своих интересах. Прочитав книгу, я стала более трезво смотреть на шоппинг, будь это покупка новой одежды или еженедельная покупка продуктов питания.
Реклама, реклама и еще раз реклама. Она проникает в мозг потребителя, даже если мы, как нам кажется, игнорируем постеры, билборды как в оффлайн, так
Dane Cobain
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: While I aim to be unbiased, I received a copy of this for free to review.

You’ve probably noticed that I’ve awarded The Brain Sell a rare ten out of ten – there’s a reason for that. I reserve this prestigious score for a book that changes the way that I look at the world, the sort of book that, once read, stays ingrained in your brain forever.

This is that kind of book, a magnificent foray in to what happens when science means shopping by a man who was described as “the father of
Gary Heilbronn
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an Eye-Opener!
Recently finished reading: "THE BRAIN SELL: When Science Meets Shopping" ... it's incredible the extent to which the (neuro)marketing industry is infiltrating our buying decisions!! Everyone should read this.... even just to be aware ..
*************************************
"For many this is the most troubling aspect of or consumer society. When it comes to shopping there could be no such thing as free choice or random behavior. However much we may like to believe that we are
Tim
Sep 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fascinating book on consumer behavior and neuromarketing. You would not believe the things people have done to build a better experience and to squeeze revenue. For good or bad, this book explores the methodologies marketers have used to get in your head. This book isn't just for people who have an allure with consumer behavior. This book also serves as a precaution to shoppers everywhere.
Alex Devero
Aug 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: marketing
A scientific approach to marketing – from calculated psychological tactics to increase demand to drawing in your customers with sensory experiences – can take your sales to the next level. As a customer, you’ll have to watch your back, whether shopping in a store or online!
Bogdan
Nicola
Sep 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Четвертая мировая война. Будущее уже рядом
  • Красная таблетка. Посмотри правде в глаза!
  • Троица. Будь больше самого себя
  • Чертоги разума. Убей в себе идиота!
  • Unsavory Truth: How Food Companies Skew the Science of What We Eat
  • Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
  • Negotiation Genius: How to Overcome Obstacles and Achieve Brilliant Results at the Bargaining Table and Beyond
  • Good Girls Stay Quiet
  • Kind Is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously
  • Personality Types: Using the Enneagram for Self-Discovery
  • Kingdom of Ash and Briars (The Nissera Chronicles, #1)
  • The Life-Changing Power of Gratitude: 7 Simple Exercises that will Change Your Life for the Better. Includes a 3 Month Gratitude Journal. (Change your habits, change your life Book 6)
  • The 8 Minute Organizer: Easy Solutions to Simplify Your Life in Your Spare Time
  • Healthy Brain, Happy Life
  • The Four Pillars of Investing
  • Collaborative Intelligence: Thinking with People Who Think Differently
  • The Laptop Millionaire
  • Art Matters
“The trouble with market research is that people don’t think how they feel, they don’t say what they think and they don’t do what they say.3” 1 likes