Start by marking “True Love” as Want to Read:
True Love

True Love

In Jennifer Lopez’s first ever book, True Love, she explores one of her life’s most defining periods—the transformative two-year journey of how, as an artist and a mother, she confronted her greatest challenges, identified her biggest fears, and ultimately emerged a stronger person than she’s ever been. Guided by both intimate and electrifying photographs, True Love an hon ...more
Published November 4th 2014 by Celebra (first published October 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about True Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Love

Francis M.
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My goodness I don't want to spoil the book at all, one thing I will say is that whatever image you had about Jennifer Lopez you will change automatically when you read this book, its more of a diary about her life after Marc, how she overcame the heartache, and not because Marc broke her heart, he never did, she doesn't expose anyone. This is just her journey into truly loving herself...... And pleasing others just to make yourself happy is not the way to go, loving yourself is true love...
This
Library_boyfriend
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
For those of you who don't know, Jennifer Lopez is one my girl-crushes. I know, I know. Judge me all you want but girl is so pretty, not too skinny and can dance. And no matter what song of hers is on, no matter what the words, I find myself moving to the beat!

I wanted to read this to see if it would be a ghost writer-trying to add a book to my list-preach on what I don't know kind of book. It really wasn't. She seemed honest and sincere. It wasn't a book about gossipy, juicy topics and yet she
m a r l s
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I just became a bigger fan of hers by reading this book, lol.
Jen
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I admire Jennifer Lopez because she does care and try, isn't coasting, has done some good acting, and continues to become a stronger singer. In True Love, she doesn't hide anything about the personal process of learning to love and value herself, even if parts of it sound goofy - which it kind of even doesn't, because she is so earnest and sincere.

The book is structured on the journey from Jennifer's divorce to her first world tour, and her personal story is linked to the different sections of t
Nerisa  Eugenia Waterman
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Like reading pages from a diary, Jennifer Lopez revealed to the World her true love in her new memoir “True Love.”

Jennifer Lopez’s memoir made its debut on November 4, 2014.
And… what was revealed… was a story of love, joy, disappointments, heartbreaks, and her struggle with low self-esteem.

Jennifer Lopez, the mother…the actress… the singer… allowed us the readers… to sit front row and become spectators of her life. When it was first announced that Jennifer Lopez was writing a book titled “True
Jennifer Brown
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I love Jennifer Lopez's music and movies (I even thought Gigli wasn't half bad), and now I love her as a person as well! This book shows you who she really is and how real of a person she is. True Love shows how she basically found herself after her very public divorce. She is a beautiful person inside and out and I wish her happiness in her future!
Tina ( As Told By Tina )
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I first heard Jennifer Lopez was coming out with a book I thought “oh she’s going to spill everything about her past relationships and I want to read it!”. Lame, I know but really I wanted the juicy details but she literally lets you know on the first five pages this book will not give you any juicy details about relationships like you were hoping. I was disappointed not going to lie but I kept reading to see just what was this book about.

What was it about exactly? Learning to live, love a
Debbie
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Every single one of us struggles with relationships. Whether it be a marriage or a boyfriend/girlfriend situation. Lately I have been going through some hard times that I never saw coming. I was completely blindsided by them and I had no idea how to react to them. This post, although a bit hard for me, is something I felt the need to share. Since everyone that reads this blog shares a love of reading as I do, I feel connected in some way with each and every one of you. We all experience difficul ...more
Great Pretender  (Daria)
Честно говоря, я приятно удивлена. Эта книга оказалась не такой, как я думала. Это не сборник сплетен или пикантных подробностей. Не собрание советов по бизнесу. Это размышления женщины, которая стала мамой и после многих попыток соответствовать другим людям обратила внимание на себя. И хотя подобная тема может многих заставить закатить глаза, подана она очень просто и искренне, мне понравилось. И учитывая, сколько мужей и просто бойфрендов сменила J.Lo, – тема актуальная)

И было здорово прослуша
Lilly
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
What? Did I REALLY just give a celebrity bio 4 stars? Yep, I did.
When I read a celebrity bio (or a celebrity trash bio, as I affecteonality call them), I have strong expectations. I want the dirt. I want them to tell me what I haven't yet read on US Weekly when I get bored at work. So imagine my surprise (AND GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT, let's be honest), when J Lo opens her book by telling you that if you're looking for that sort of gossip, you've come to the wrong place.

I was committed for my book cl
Nicole
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I was pleasantly surprised after reading this. I'm not really a huge Jennifer Lopez fan and never intended to read this book, but I thumbed through it at the bookstore and it piqued my interest.

The book is about her first world tour and how it coincided with her search for happiness and True Love (loving herself). She was very introspective and sweet throughout. I enjoyed her honesty about who she is as a woman, mother, (ex)wife and girlfriend.

This isn't a tell all book about her past loves bu
Joseph De La Cruz
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a fan ever since "Selena," which came out when I was five, I grew up with Jennifer in my life. As I grew and listened to her records and saw her movies, I considered her a role model. With her albums, I realized that she's the same type of lover that I am.

This book is about the time after her divorice and how she had to pick herself up. With this book, I saw a side to Jennifer I never saw her. To me, she was always the actress, Selena, the singer, flawless. But in this book, I saw her as a h
Olga Inozemtseva
Dec 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A truly inspiring story. Reading this book has been an amazing journey for me and I am definitely recommending it to anyone who enjoys inspirational books. It's about learning to love yourself and always remembering who you really are, a very simple yet a very powerful message in my opinion. The book is very easy to read and is well illustrated. You don't have to be a Jennifer Lopez fan to enjoy reading this book. It's just a good story about someone rediscovering their identity and the meaning ...more
Jenb16
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I listened to the audiobook, which I tend to enjoy for autobiographies because I feel like the author is having a conversation with the reader. Audiobooks are good for long drives to and from work and make the traffic feel a little less painful. I liked listening to Jennifer's story and her struggles in relationships and rediscovery of true, self love. I found myself interested in what she had to say and could relate to a lot of the sentiments in her book. I would rec ...more
Nadia Leona Yunis
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A MUST read ladies!

It's amazing how each book we read also helps us heal some area of our life - this book has done exactly that and I'm grateful for the lessons learnt - understanding my own patterns and how to break free from them and heal myself and mostly amate - love yourself!
Winter Sophia Rose
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Encouraging, Insightful & Heartwarming! A Beautiful Read!
Courtney
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve always liked Jennifer Lopez but, after reading her book, I can now say that I love her. Such a quick yet heartfelt read that leaves an impact—especially if you’ve gone through a divorce.
Kya Publishing (Toronto)
I was expecting a celebrity tell-all book about fleeing nightclubs with P. Diddy, romantic getaways with Ben Affleck, dancing the night away with Casper, or other inside-Hollywood tidbits, but True Love by Jennifer Lopez was surprisingly very different. It was a simple look at a woman, going through life, figuring out love, and learning how to love herself.

In fact, despite the ongoing concert/performance/American Idol references, and knowing who the book's author was, the story was an un-Hollywo
Bridget
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 Stars

Thoughts of the book when I was 41% in

Went into this not quite sure what to expect and not really expecting to get past the first few pages. Glad I was wrong and stuck with it...It had my attention since the first page and kept it.

But, for those who haven't read it but may be thinking about it, don't go into it expecting it to be a tell all about her life, relationships etc. She doesn't give details of all of that...she basically speaks on the things she's learned through her life a
Rosie
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading True Love by Jennifer Lopez. There are amazing & colourful photos of her and family. These can be found on the internet but seeing it in a book together with her perspective really brings the story home for the reader to enjoy. Glad she looks happy. This book also reminded me to re-read Louise Hay's books. Love the positive vibes.

Some of the quotes I liked reading from True Love:

Quotes

'Whenever it feels uncomfortable to tell the truth, that's often the most important time t
Shaunaly Higgins
While thumbing through the book selection at my local Costco, I came across "True Love" and it somewhat piqued my interest. I do enjoy her music and have been somewhat of a fan so I figured, why not? Plus, I needed another quick read to add to my 2014 Goodreads Book Challenge. Yes, the finish line is approaching! :)

This book to me, wasn't anything profound. The writing was quite simplistic, the pictures were nice but I felt, were a bit of a "J.Lo" overkill and it lacked richness and fibrous det
Rebecca
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I wanted to read this book by JLO because I am a big fan of her. Since her days of Jenny from the block I have loved her music. This book tells of her transformation of self through her journey with her music, relationships, and working in the music industry. I think this women is genuinely authentic and true to herself. She works hard and is has overcome a lot and it comes out in everything she does. Her music is full of power and emotion and love how it has evolved overtime. The only thing I d ...more
Nada
This book was at the bottom of my to-read list until a day came in which I was a bit sick so I needed a quick read to entertain me while I was bedridden so I found this one in front of me. I used to be into her J-Lo's music back in the day but her current music is pretty much not to my liking. Anywho, I don't consider myself a fan but I do listen to some of her old songs every now and then.

True Love is suitable for hardcore fans because there are beautiful varied pictures of her, of her family,
CNJackson
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There were moments I cried, I related, I smiled, I laughed, et cetra (ha!) but I truly enjoyed this book for all it was...(being a big Jennifer Lopez fan definitely adds interest and curiosity). How will it start? How will it end? What will be shared? How much will be shared? Found myself not wanting to put down the book and enjoying listening to her voice. The pictures of the tour were beautiful but the family pics personally, were the perfect touch. Personal best Christmas gift to myself, and ...more
Kc Chapa
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Like a good friend of mine, I thought this book would be a Hollywood tell-all with crappy writing and no good message. I was pleasantly surprised (shocked) that it wasn't. My feelings toward Jennifer Lopez have gone back and forth but after reading this book, I admire her. She really does believe in love and puts herself out there every time. It can't be easy to fall in love over and over and over again...to hope over and over again...in the eye of the public and have everyone judge you. So ...more
Lucas Gomes
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Aleasha
Aug 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Early release from my library, I read the book in one day. It's not a memoir but more an explanation behind the storyline and heartbreak of her Dance Again tour. Lots of pictures!
I began to find her more relatable than you'd think she'd would be. I've been a fan for many years but now, after reading True Love, I can say I see her in a new light and idolize her drive. Definitely a woman to be admired and not prematurely judged.
Love her!
Susie
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I found this book to be inspirational, there were many quotes I could have highlighted.

The pictures in this book are amazing!

Love/Divorce is difficult no matter who you are, I found comfort in this book as I was able to relate to some of the emotions.

Validating your level of happiness based on how happy you can make others is a trap many of us fall into.

"Sometimes, when you're trying so hard to make a relationship work, you can sacrifice things that are important to you."
Nicole (livinglifewithbooks)
Very interesting to read about Jennifer Lopez's life and about her back story. I really enjoyed reading about her concert. I didn't realize it was her first world tour. I love who she dedicates True Love to. Also the song Dance Again really brought a new meaning to me.
Janette Duran
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good self-help book, reminding us that loving ourselves comes first before loving others. A reminder that everyone goes through struggles and we all are the same and want the same thing. To be loved.

• What If . . .: A Lifetime of Questions, Speculations, Reasonable Guesses, and a Few Things I Know for Sure
  • Misunderstood: A Book About Rats
  • Life Is Your Best Medicine: A Woman's Guide to Health, Healing, and Wholeness at Every Age
  • Alek: From Sudanese Refugee to International Supermodel
  • Criminal That I Am: A Memoir
  • You Can Heal Your Heart: Finding Peace After a Breakup, Divorce, or Death
  • Retablos: Stories from a Life Lived Along the Border
  • Listening to the Animals: Becoming The Supervet
  • The Cupcake Diaries: Recipes and Memories from the Sisters of Georgetown Cupcake
  • Homestead: Modern Pioneers Pursuing the Edge of Possibility
  • Moving On: Creating Your House of Belonging with Simple Abundance
  • The Great Failure: A Bartender, A Monk, and My Unlikely Path to Truth
  • A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger Than Basketball
  • The Turkish Lover: A Memoir
Librarian's note: There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name

Jennifer Lynn Lopez, popularly nicknamed J.Lo, is an American actress, singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer, fashion designer, and television producer. She is the richest person of Latin American descent in Hollywood according to Forbes, and the most influential Hispanic entertainer in America according
“Always remember. You will live. You will love. You will dance again.” 34 likes
“I had found that taking risks, being true to myself, and making decisions with good intentions can exceed even my own expectations.” 13 likes