Start by marking “Wolf by the Ears” as Want to Read:
Wolf by the Ears

Wolf by the Ears

When Tyger Rebel Thomson starts working for a Russian oligarch, she could be on her way to the life of her dreams – assuming, that is, she lives long enough to get there.

Grisha Markovic is a man with enemies. He’s loathed by the Kremlin, under observation by MI6, involved in acrimonious litigation over a Siberian gold mine, and rumoured to possess an explosive dossier cont
Published December 8th 2013 by Hoxton Press

To ask other readers questions about Wolf by the Ears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf by the Ears

Pauline Ross
Some authors spend their whole careers writing the same book over and over. The names and plot twists and setting may vary, but readers know exactly what to expect. Lexi Revellian is not that kind of author. A new book is always a magical mystery tour. Will it be fantasy? Or maybe sci-fi? Will there be a murder or a kidnapping? But some things stay the same. There’s always a romance simmering. There’s always action and excitement and a heroine who falls into the normal range of humanity instead ...more
Olga Godim
Dec 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
This book was surprisingly quiet and low key for a story about the Russian Mafia and MI6. But was it really about that? Or was it about a young woman finding her place in the world?
The protagonist Tyger works as a cleaner for the Russian oligarch Grisha. All she wants is to get education, save for a small flat of her own, and get a good job. But then the job of Grisha’s assistant falls in her lap, and with it all the attendant perils and perks.
When six weeks later, Grisha dies, purportedly fro
Sue Lilley
Feb 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I’ve enjoyed all Lexi Revellian’s books. I like the way they’re all different. This was a slow-burn but I’m glad I stuck with it. I was rooting for Tyger from the beginning and the resolution was satisfying. I think I’d enjoy a sequel. I’m curious about the job offer and the adventures it might lead her into. Good fun.
P.A. Wilson
Recommendations do work! Her first book was recommended by my sister, and I’ve been hooked on Lexi’s stories since. This is the 4th of her books and it’s an interesting tale of a young woman who learns trust in the oddest places, and also finds out how far she will go to protect her friends.

Rebel is struggling to make ends meet and get a degree so she can get a better job. She saves the day for a Russian mogul and gets her first break. But can she trust him not to be the evil pretender that othe
Cathie
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, ebook
I've now read most of the novels by this author-- this one was not my favorite but was enjoyable. Quick and entertaining read. I don't really write reviews, not my thing so forgive me- this is not a very well thought out review! I enjoyed Ice Diaries, Remix and Replica- I'd recommend reading those before this one. This one had a few surprises, and I liked the main character, Tyger. Being an Anglophile, I really enjoy stories set in England.

Keep 'em coming, Lexi! I'll read more :)
Ron
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing mystery about a young ambitious traveler woman who finds herself involved in London's ex-patriot Russian community. Once again, the author presents a strong relatable character and an engaging premise with plenty of twists and turns. Loved the London atmosphere and authentic Russian dialect.
Veriance
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Revellian's books are not great literature, but a good story with a strong female lead and a satisfying wrap up. I'm always happy when she releases a new book because while I don't know where she's taking me, its going to be a good ride.
Rick Harris
Victor Nettle
Jul 31, 2016
Lorna Braim
Sep 02, 2015
Remix is my third novel; it's the story of Caz Tallis, who is startled one quiet Sunday morning to find a stranger asleep on her roof terrace...

I enjoy reading intelligent, pacey books with humour, and that's what I try to write. I believe it's a crime to bore the reader.

My day job (using my real name, Lexi Dick) is designing and making jewellery and silver; I've made pieces for Lady Thatcher,