Start by marking “My Boyfriend’s an Alien” as Want to Read:
My Boyfriend’s an Alien

My Boyfriend’s an Alien

Can an alien with no knowledge of humans or concept of sex find lasting love with a human man?

Zak, an alien from the planet Trimmeron, is a member of a race of beings who transform into other species during their years of puberty. It’s customary for the youngsters to be fostered to the worlds native to their new forms, to study and learn about the races who will play an im
Published December 27th 2013 by Totally Bound

To ask other readers questions about My Boyfriend’s an Alien, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Boyfriend’s an Alien

Start your review of My Boyfriend’s an Alien
Elena
DNF at 32% - 1.5 stars

The most interesting thing about this book was the blurb. I find hard to believe a story with such a good premise could be so utterly boring, but I can’t force myself to read another page.
Part of it is that most of the book (most of the part I’ve read, at least) is about people explaining things to Zak or Zak acting like a sullen teenager, part of it is that the writing is so devoid of life that even what should be funny moments are as entertaining as watching paint dry.
Serena Yates
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
The question this book asks, whether an alien with no knowledge of humans or concept of intimacy and sex can find lasting love with a human man, is one I wanted to know the answer to. In line with this focus of the story, the book is definitely not hard science fiction, but very much a look at human relationships from the perspective of someone who doesn’t even have a concept of what love or a family are – the way we humans define it.

I think the idea of Zak, the alien in question, being fostered
Hazee
A nice read with a nice plot that could’ve been a five star read with some tweaking. I enjoyed it.
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post:

This was just funny. Hilarious. Take it this way: Do Not Drink While Reading. I was. When the shower scene at the school came up? Yeah, you get the picture.

I had absolutely no idea what I was thinking of when I clicked that option to get this book. I was thinking this may be a spoof on that movie, My Stepmother Is An Alien and thought this would be good laugh. I mean, L.M. Brown is not an author I miss out on. So yeah, this was a spoof.
Tj
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: have, read-2016
This was an okay read. I felt like it was a little to simplified. Also (view spoiler). The characters show growth but again Zak was made to be something I just didn't buy he would be.

Even with some of the issues with the story it was still fun to read. I just wish it had been a little more developed.
Jen
Hmm.., another book that others liked but I didn't. I just did not like Zak's character. He was a bit of a grumpy guy throughout the entire thing. And it was a never ending stream of people explaining things - either others to Zak or Zak to others. I'm afraid I found it very dull. I skimmed through the last half of the book. ...more
Saskie-
Feb 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
that guy is the worst. teacher. ever.
(okay maybe not ever, but he is horrible...)
Chris, the Dalek King
Umm...

Well, I did like the whole shape-shifting aspect of this story. And I'm always happy to see a scifi that steps away from the whole "everyone looks human" idea. Also I the characters were not bad.

On the other hand. I just couldn't get comfortable with the way Zak was treated like a kid in this. And alternately Zak acting like a sullen 13 year old didn't really jive with the idea that he is 40 years old (though, hormones can be the excuse for most of that). But the Darren insisting that Zak
Aya
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Zak, an alien from Trimmeron travels to Earth to learn about his latest human transformation. In an attempt to learn what he can, Zak is persuaded to attend college. This is where he meets Sam, a fellow student who teaches him more than he’d hope to ever learn about himself and being human.

Pre-human-enlightening, Zak came across as an arrogant whiny brat. For an advance race and being as old as he was I was surprised and none too impressed. Sam on the other hand was all kinds of sweetness and un
Teresa
3.5 Stars - while this was charming and funny in spots, I was distracted by the lack of science in the science fiction. If you take it complete with a grain of salt, this book was entertaining. Though there are some sad spots, overall I liked seeing Zak navigate his way through human life and I really liked Sam. It had its sexy moments and it's tender moments. ...more
T.M. Smith
Mar 20, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars...

Zak is an alien confined to earth while as he goes through puberty, as is customary for his people. He is fostered by the only other person of his race to have ever taken on the form of a human during puberty. He’s not at all happy about his circumstance and he’s not the nicest alien at the start. To spite his bad attitude, he makes fast friends with Lucy and Sam.

Sam is an openly gay college student and Lucy is his best friend. Sam is immediately attracted to Zak and all his idio
Joey
Jan 28, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was kind of silly and patronizing to me. I Never did like Zac and the alien part always seemed contrived. I never felt the love between Sam and Zac and the sex was not very good. The best relationship in the book was between Sam and Lucy, and that was a very small part. I like the idea of human and alien lovers, and I will search for more in this genre, but this one did not do it for me. As always, I never know if its the book or some mood I may be in while reading it.
Andi Anderson
I loved this book. I thought the characters were well written and definitely made for each other. I liked that they had to work at their relationship and enjoyed watching it evolve from friendship to something very special.

I also liked the world LM created. Very interesting and well thought out.

I wanted to read more of it and hated to see it come to an end.
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
What to say about this book hmm.. It was great and i really enjoyed it. I'd highly recommend it to others. Parts of it had me laughing out loud and "thinking he did not just do that", and other's had me teary, so a all round variety. I loved the characters and the storyline and only hope we may get to read more from this couple. Well done L.M Brown, a great book. ...more
Sam Evans
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by LM Brown and I wasn't sure sure to expect, but now having read it, it won't be my last.

Original, well written, it had me laughing out loud (the shower scene is pretty memorable for a kick off) and then filling up with tears in others.

I also loved it was set in the UK.
Rachel Emily
I liked the idea of this, and thought it was a neat concept; however, Zak annoyed me for almost all of the book with his horrible attitude and the way he treated everyone. I get that he was supposed to grow as a character as he fell in love with Sam, but it just didn't work for me as a reader. ...more
Djenifer
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
YA books have a special place in my heart. I usually go for the "less sex,more story" books. YA are then perfect. But then again, they can sometimes be filled with too much angst. I loved this book because it was the perfect recipe. Self discovery, humor, conflict, love and sci-fi. Beautiful. ...more
Elayne
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-bought-books
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Dena
4.5* An extra half star for the shower scene!
Cookie Moretti
Jan 11, 2018
Raganna
Jan 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• That Alien Feeling (Calluvia's Royalty, #1)
  • Love Me Whole
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced World, #1)
  • Human Omega: Babied by His Guardian Mates (Pykh, #3)
  • Assimilation, Love, and Other Human Oddities (Claimings, #2)
  • Just a Bit Twisted (Straight Guys, #1)
  • Evolved
  • Taken (The Harvest #1)
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • That Irresistible Poison (Calluvia's Royalty, #2)
  • Loose Cannon (The Woodbury Boys, #1)
  • Human Omega: Discovered on the Slave Planet (Pykh, #1)
  • Prince of Death (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • Illegal Contact (The Barons, #1)
  • Slow Shift
  • Two In One
  • Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha (The Omega Colony, #1)
I live in England, in a quaint little village that time doesn't seem to have touched. No, wait a minute- that's the retirement biography. Right now I am in England in a medium sized town that no one has ever heard of, so I won't bore you with the details. Keeping me company are numerous sexy men. I just wish that they weren't all inside my head.

Please note, L.M. Brown is no longer active on Goodre