Start by marking “The Holiday Hotel (Jack Taylor Cases, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Holiday Hotel (Jack Taylor Cases, #1)

The Holiday Hotel (Jack Taylor Cases #2)

4.82  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Jack Taylor and his mother are still struggling to settle into their new lives without Jack's father as they journey to his hometown for the holidays. Jack's mother is clinging desperately to happy memories, but she doesn't seem to remember that she's repeating the same day over and over. The same bizarre repeating day brings Jack to a small town, where he finds an unexpec ...more
Paperback, Revised Edition, 238 pages
Published September 19th 2013 by Createspace (first published April 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Holiday Hotel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Holiday Hotel

Deborah
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pleasant surprise!

Pros: This book gets us liking Jack and his mom right away as they prepare to visit his dad in his hometown. We're taken into a quaint little place and meet a quirkly little girl who we'll see for the rest of the story.

As we get into the supernatural elements of the story, the imagery of the rooms and villas in the Holiday Hotel was very clear and different than what i've seen in other stories.

The whodunit aspect was very well played, and the suspicions are there, bu
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read for all ages. I loved it, and have recommended to all my friends and family. I have not heard a bad review yet. It may take a little while to get into but once you do you can't put it down! Looking forward to the rest of the series!!!
Heather
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've actually read the book twice now in preparation of the second one coming out soon and even after a year I was still captivated by it! It was a very easy read and it reminds me a lot of Harry Potter where you can get a very clear picture in your mind based off the author's details. My personal favorite character was Father and I am anxiously awaiting to see where his character goes with the next book. I do admit the second chapter was a little difficult to get through but in hind-sight it ma ...more
Heather
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Carmen Torres
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very impressed.

I was told this was an Indy book and I couldn't believe it. The author is a first timer and its still impressive. The cover artwork, editing, story line, mystery elements and fantasy description are all worthwhile. Like others have said it starts out slow and you have to get to chapter three before the fantasy elements really take off but I love how goes from 1 to 10 with the strange occurrences and imagery.

The holiday spirits are particularly interesting characters and are so cre
Sandra Dell
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Friend of mine had it on the counter and it looked interesting so I started reading and after reading the first chapter I was hooked. Every chapter was a cliff hanger and had cute historical facts that make it sound as if it actually happened. The further I went the better it got. Love love love the mix of fantasy and reality and this story is definitely like that. Mystery/Crime mixed with magic. Can't wait for the next one.
Samantha
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! It had me sucked into the story from the very beginning. The twists and turns constantly took my by suprise. It was so hard to put this book down. The authors description were so vivid it was easy for me to play the whole story out in my head. I can't wait for the next book in the series.
Janice
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Characters are pretty cool! Was a fun read, wanna read the next one. Does anyone know when the next one is coming out?
Jessica Macri
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! Really well thought out and put together story. very original! I look forward to reading the rest of this series!
Ari
May 07, 2014
Michelle
Jan 26, 2014
C.N. Wynn
Feb 26, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
C.N. Wynn
Feb 26, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ana
Joshua Robinson
Nov 17, 2017
Beverly Melendez
Aug 08, 2018
Christian N. Wynn was born in northern California on May 17th of Travis Air Force Base. His father retired from the military after twenty-two years and in 1992, Christian and his family moved to Delaware. Here he received his diploma and after the death of an older brother was inspired to write The Jack Taylor Cases. A series that will span five books mixing detective elements in the afterlife, ho ...more

Jack Taylor Cases (3 books)
  • Cloud City (Jack Taylor Cases, #2)
  • Season's Sacrifice (Jack Taylor Cases, #3)