Start by marking “SPSS Survival Manual: A Step by Step Guide to Data Analysis Using SPSS for Windows” as Want to Read:

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  209 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
This manual demystifies statistics and data analysis by guiding the reader through the entire research process. It helps in the process of choosing the right statistical technique and includes a detailed guide to interpreting SPSS ouput.
Spiral-bound, 335 pages
Published August 1st 2007 by Open University Press (first published January 1st 2001)

Can Uğurpala
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
bir kaç noktayı pek açmasa da oldukça pratik
Liz
if you're a SAS junkie who's been forced to use Windows-based SPSS for the first time in 7 years, this book rocks. even if you're already familiar with SPSS and just needing a refresher, it's a totally useful resource. big downside though: teaches only the point-and-click method and doesn't provide info about syntax.
Exavidreader
As much as I do not encourage learning research methods without a teacher, this book proved to be useful when one is desperate and has no one to ask. The steps are detailed, the reasons behind doing certain things are given, the output is explained and there is even a section telling you how to report your findings.
Sofie
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: study
As much as I dislike Statistics and struggled with the subject, Pallant always managed to pull me through. Such a useful book, love the text boxes with the steps you have to take in order to do an analysis.
Erin
Aug 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
No really this was actually my survival manual for my RA position this summer. :)
Roberta Frontini (Blogue FLAMES)
I'm in love with this book. I use it a lot on my work!
Dr. Rana
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dcs
It was really helpful for me to get through doing my research and understand quantitative.
Luke Meakin
Oct 05, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: course-books
have the 2011 edition not 2001
hollytree
Nov 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i hate BINDERs, this feels like it's gonna fall apart. i also like colors.

but the book is easy to read surprisingly and fun, considering, so 5 stars
Stanley Hall
This really helps with basics of SPSS but insufficient for anyone trying to become more advanced.
Vagelis
Helped me in my MSc in Management a lot.
Diane Dreher
Jul 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Great guide to statistical analysis with clear instructions--a lifesaver!
Manda
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edumaaatation
I wouldn't have survived my senior research project and class without this book! There's a reason they have a life preserver on the front cover.
Melinda
Dec 21, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: data analysts, students
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was essential to getting my work done in grad school. I still use it as a great refeerence book at work.
Martina
Jun 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Martina by: Whinda Yustisia
Buku favorit semester ini *cup cup cup...
Bianca
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stats
A must read to deepen your knowledge of stats - written in a very accessible way.
Jakob
Dec 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice
  • Personality Psychology: Domains of Knowledge about Human Nature
  • Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods)
  • Group Dynamics
  • Puerto Rican Cookery
  • Social Cognition
  • Survey Research Methods, Third Edition (Applied Social Research Methods Series Volume 1)
  • Pioneers of Psychology
  • Abnormal Child Psychology
  • Nancy Silverton's Breads from the La Brea Bakery: Recipes for the Connoisseur
  • Multivariate Data Analysis
  • Gay Life & Culture: A World History
  • Social Psychology
  • The Art of Simple Food II: Recipes, Flavor, and Inspiration from the New Kitchen Garden
  • The World's Healthiest Foods: Essential Guide for the Healthiest Way of Eating
  • From So Simple a Beginning: Voyage of the Beagle/Origin of Species/Descent of Man/Expression of Emotions in Man & Animals
  • The Basic Writings of Sigmund Freud