Start by marking “Count on Me (Bayview Heights #3)” as Want to Read:
Count on Me (Bayview Heights #3)

Count on Me

(Bayview Heights #3)

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  232 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Welcome to one of Kathryn Shay’s high school dramas. A teacher in a public school for years, she knows kids and the men and women who teach them!

“With a cast of memorable characters interacting on a myriad of levels from friendship to love, Ms. Shay has penned a fascinating and emotionally gripping story.” RT Book Reviews 4 Top Pick

On her fortieth birthday, Zoe Caufield i
Published October 31st 2011 (first published March 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Count on Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Count on Me

Marajean
Apr 27, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
'Count On me'
The title's a joke!

Going into the book I knew the H had cheated on the h with his ex-wife in the prologue. So it was no big angst for me.

What really maddened me was when the book slowly reveals their intimate moments. They had a real good sex life going on- hot, exciting, tender, fun-filled and then the scumbag had sex with his ex in the same bed. (It should be clarified that the h lived in another town so they get together maybe on weekends etc.)
The prologue scene – when he tells
Vintage
Why didn't I listen. Why. The. Hell. Did. I. Not. Listen?

I was warned. (view spoiler)

Wor
Rachel
This has got to be one of the most pathetic hero's I've ever read.

Heroine turns up at work on her birthday to surprise her boyfriend (Zero hero), catches him kissing his ex wife, he then tells her he slept with her and will be getting back with her.

One year later, he's back moaning and complaining that it didn't work after a month or so, whinging that the heroine should have fought for him, stopped him marrying again, what a cry baby douche, uggh. Anyway he slithers his way back into her life a
Lynn
The "hero" of this story is probably one of the most loathsome unheroic heroes ever. He is a selfish, arrogant idiot who deserves the wife he left the heroine to return too. The heroine was a awesome teacher, friend, and apparently their sex life was off the grid, so I am utterly confused by the begining of this story, the heroine shows up for a date with the hero, she sees him kissing his ex wife bye bye....he's disheveled and doesn't even notice her waiting...then he invites her in and tells h ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
May 02, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
The cheating leaps off the page in the freaking Prologue, and I just don't think the hero grovelled enough (in fact, he became indignant!) to make up for BEING CAUGHT and cheating on a woman (the heroine) who had been cheated on in her previous relationship. Heck, the woman he cheated with (his ex) cheated on him!

I did appreciate the WHOLE TOWN shunning his butt, although some went a little too far. Oops!
Tia
May 05, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read through it and I kind of enjoyed it but honestly, half of it was boring. I didn't have that emotional connection with the characters and I just felt swamped down by things in the book that didn't need to be there at all. I now know why Saly had it on her avoid list... haha.
Jessa
Something that kills me is when someone screws up royally and makes the choice as an adult to cheat and/or leave, and then they have the audacity to say, "Well, why didn't you fight for me?"

Unbelievable. I do think he groveled extensively but that killed it for me.
Bernice Mills
One has to think that the title of this book is an exercise in irony, because this hero is the most useless, faithless weasel in the history of romance novels.
Char
This would have been a keeper and rated higher except that this story was too busy (too many characters too follow).
Tina
This harlequin was a little atypical. H/h were in their 40s. Zoe is a school teacher and Kurt is a doctor. He was married to a wife who cheated on him and was kinda damaged when he began dating Zoe. But they were just starting to get serious when Kurt's ex-wife asked for a second chance. He went back to his wife devastating Zoe (and apparently the whole town who were way too involved in this relationship).

A year later, Kurt and is ex-wife are on the outs for good and he has realized what a colos
Fernanda
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
gostei da historia, pelo tema que aborda.... segundas oportunidades com um casal um pouco mais "velho" :)

não é com muita frequencia que se encontram historias em que os personagens são estao na faixa etária dos quarenta e picos, dai que a maturidade e a propria postura mediante as situações que se vão deparando sao diferentes.

nesta historia Kurt Lansing, comete o maior erro de decisão da sua vida, arrependendo-se amargamente.... Zoe Caufield sentiu tudo isso como a maior dor e perda possivel.
mas
Nerissa
Jun 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Soooooooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooring

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DNF 50%
Tiffany
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
3 Stars

This is the first book I have read in this series so that might be why I only gave this book a 3 star rating. Zoe and Kurt’s story was good but there were too many other stories going on it was hard to keep up.
Judy
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like the characters in this series. Ms. Shat makes them real and extremely likeable. Their problems are ones that my friends or neighbors might have which makes them believable.
Robin
Zoe Caulfield was devastated when the man she thought was going to propose suddenly breaks off their relationship to return to his ex-wife. A year later, Dr. Kurt Lansing regrets his decision. He has left his wife and returned to town to open a clinic. The local high school will provide students for volunteer work. Their teacher, Zoe, will have to work with Kurt to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Zoe is having difficulty getting over Kurt. Her friends are concerned and the students who love
Janeiowa
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last in the Bayview Trilogy was about Dr. Kurt Lansing, brother of Mitch, and his making a very bad decision to tey and reconcile with his ex-wife, at the expense of Zoe Caufield. This is, as were the other two books that preceded this one, a very emotional story about people who teach/work at a high school where they're trying to keep the kids out of drugs and gangs.

For anyone who's taught in a high school, it rings as authentic...from the "always one in the crowd" teacher who doesn't want
Jodi
Mar 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kathryn Shay's Superromances never failed to please and this is no exception. Dr. Kurt Lansing made the biggest mistake of his life when he walked away from Zoe Caufield but he thought he was doing the right thing. A year later and Zoe finally thinks she's gotten past him but now he's back in town to run the teen clinic they had both wanted. She teaches the health curriculum at the high school. They can't stay out of each others way. A good thing, too. This is book 3 in her Bayview Heights serie ...more
Stephanie Benoit
Aug 29, 2015 rated it liked it
I've had a few dozen books sitting on my shelf from years ago. They are mostly harlequin romances that I would read when I was lounging in the pool. I decided to clear off the shelf and grabbed this book. It was a captivating little book of sadness, fear, and joy. Getting to the end was a nice diversion from many of the books I have read of late. I feel like I accomplished something. Those books have probably been there 20 years. LOL One down but I have others to read on my Kindle and library bo ...more
Diane
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary romance fans
I love this author! Her well written storyline and multifaceted characters always touch my heart and makes me consider what I would do when faced with an impossible situation. This is not a new release but the dilemmas these characters face are still very relevant to our lives today. As a mature reader I especially enjoy Kathryn Shay's stories that highlight romances between mature adults, and the opportunity to catch up with characters from the first two books in this series.
Rita C
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
I'm not fond of stories about romances that failed, and now they are getting back together. Mostly too painful.
Linda Zelinsky
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great end to the trilogy. Kathryn an excellent job in presenting situations that occur in real life in high schools. Waiting for the next installment.
Shari Kay
May 09, 2016 marked it as not-for-me
Author may not be for me...not just this particular book. Our idea of romance is far, far apart

Elin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • To Honor (R&R, #1)
  • The Marriage Deal
  • Marco's Pride
  • The Perfect Sinner (The Perfect Crightons, #6)
  • A Love Stolen
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • Sheltered in His Arms
  • Unforgivable
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Forever (Eternity, #1)
  • Loveplay
  • The Fourth Child (Family Matters #3)
  • Can't Let Go
  • Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1; Ladies, #1)
  • Love's Full Circle
  • Hand In Glove
  • Rosemary's Double Delight (Divine Creek Ranch, #4)
  • Indemnity (Covenant of Trust #2)
Kathryn Shay is a lifelong writer. At fifteen, she penned her first 'romance,' a short story about a female newspaper reporter in New York City and her fight to make a name for herself in a world of male journalists - and with one hardheaded editor in particular. Looking back, Kathryn says she should have known then that writing was in her future. But as so often happens, fate sent her detouring d ...more

Bayview Heights (6 books)
  • Cop of the Year (Bayview Heights #1)
  • Because It's Christmas (Bayview Heights #2)
  • Between Two Worlds (Bayview Heights Book 4)
  • If You Were Mine (Bayview Heights Book 5)
  • Bayview Heights Trilogy