Start by marking “What She Didn't Know” as Want to Read:
What She Didn't Know

What She Didn't Know

(Vapid Vixens)

Please note this book is a romantic parody. It is not intended to be taken as a serious romance. As a matter of fact, for optimum results the author recommends you read it in your best "Valley Girl" voice. ;)

Cassie had been looking out for her sister Jessica what felt like her whole life. So when Jess starts dating a man whom Cassie believes poses a threat to her sister's
Published December 8th 2013 by Streetlight Graphics Publishing

Start your review of What She Didn't Know
Navessa
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ROMANCE PARODY FOR THE MOTHA FUCKIN WIN!!!

Had a rough day? Trolls getting you down? The prevalence of certain themes in your favorite genre driving you batty? Well, have I got the book for you! Step right up, ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

- Horrifically awkward coincidences
- ANGST!
- And of course, a HEA

All within 36 pages filled with dialogue and inner musings that are sure t
Liz* Fashionably Late

If this is romantic enough for you, you need to bang a shapeshifter.
Or at least, one of this cousins.

If you just read the blurb, there's no way you're expecting this. This chick was awesome. She was banging a shapeshifter but her biggest fear was how rich he was. Not the fact that he was a supernatural creature or maybe that he's like eighty or something. Well, I'm not to judge, rich people are kinda dangerous.

This parody crack me up. Honestly, I was laughing really hard while reading this beca
La-Lionne
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, creepy, funny, kinky, very-cool
***5 solid stars***

This story was a complete mess, a funny mess :). I needed some cheering up and got that and then some.

This story is not meant to be taken seriously, it is a parody after all. It had it all: instant love that made no sense, a gay man tripping over a woman, because she was that beautiful, and a weird twist.
There is no such thing as a perfect man, they all have some short comings. I was glad that women of this story managed to see their men for who they were inside (I'm still n
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms by: Navessa
*I received a free ARC of What She Didn't Know from I. Ronik Literature via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

OMG! I'm still laughing! This is a must-read both for those who love romance novels, and for those who loath them! Most clichés that are found in romance are included here, and the characters are such caricatures of romance heroes and heroines I actually highlighted 6 pages for quotes :)

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Sharon L
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
3.5 I really liked it stars

So this one is way better than the other book I read by I. Ronik [Better Luck Next Time]

All the things that bothered me in the first one weren't here (save to one). This book was full if good stuff - Cassie's voice was sure and likable but also a little sarcastic, the chemistry was good, the writing style was better- with both Cassie's and Seth's POVs.

What I liked about the other book was still very much present here- the rational voice of the heroine, the hot sex, a
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
This is really cute. Instalove but sometimes I don't care. It was a quick funny read. I actually ended up wanting more of the story.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.5 SMUTERIFIC STARS

What would you do if your sister began wearing scarves to hid the evidence of her boyfriend's predilection?

If your answer is meet this boyfriend so you can suss out whether or not he's a blood sucking freak then you and Cassie (the protagonist) have something in common!

Jessica (the sister) is Cassie's opposite in every way. Blonde/brunette. Streetwise/dingy. Bubbly/serious. The whole nine yards so, naturally Cassie feels protective of her. Cassie is taken aback when unbeknow
Lila Lockhart
This short story had me smitten as a kitten!

Humorous, sexy, and a good play on all those terrible cliches surrounding all those cheesey romance novels.
Angelina
"3 stars"

What an awesome read. I didnt expect that this book would be paranormal and silly me I didnt see it was on the description so im kinda WHAT THE? when I've read it lol. Anyway I really like the book it was funny and sexy. I just hope that it was a longer story cause it was really interesting to be read.

I received a copy via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Courtnie
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Clever.

This is the best thing since microwave pot-pies...all that chunky, saucy goodness in a fraction of the time.

Angela
Dec 11, 2013 marked it as to-read
17 January 2015: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
Lyndi W.
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
First of all, the author recommends you read this in a "Valley Girl voice"... but the character isn't at all Valley Girl. She works at a book store, is the Plain Jane of the family, and the only similarity I see between her and a Valley Girl is that they're both blonde and stupid. But that covers a shitload of people that aren't Valley Girls, you know what I mean?

Second, this doesn't come across as a comedy at all. It comes off as a shallow, quickie paranormal romance with no character developme
Vicki
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for a review.

The blurb gives the impression that this is your standard adult romance- which is by no means a bad thing- but in reality this story is as far from 'standard' as it gets. In short, Cassie's sister meets a guy, Cassie insists on meeting him and gets introduced to his cousin, who just happens to be Seth: her gorgeous boss. All pretty normal so far, but then events take a paranormal twist that I didn't see coming. The word 'parod
Janet
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Whether you love or loathe romances, this parody will have you laughing out loud. I thoroughly enjoyed this light hearted spoof of my favorite genre. I did not feel disrespected, on the contrary, in order to have written something this spot on, the author has to have really done his/her homework! If you want an afternoon's escape, are ready to read with a sense of humor, and aren't embarrassed to be caught laughing in public, this one's for you!
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange
Karinosa
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
I mean..really???? Seth and Cassie and Jessica and let me just say that this read was all over the place. Everything felt so rushed and amateurish. The shape shifter aspect was okay, but major lack if execution. Execution is KEY!!! Hmm. ...I. Ronik is what I say about this read. One and a half stars for me.Finished this read in about 20 minutes. I just don't get the fact it was so rushed and why it ended so abruptly. I am wondering if I missed a major concept to this story! Hmmmn!

I received this
Emmy
First of all, let's take a moment to appreciate the author's name. I. Ronik. hehe Don't get it? Try saying it out loud. There you go ;)

Anyway, as a short little parody this was pretty well done. In 36 pages it manages to poke fun at a number of romance tropes. I think it could have gone even farther though. As a parody for the romance genre which has been known to reach unparalleled levels of ridiculousness sometimes, it's almost a little too subtle at times. But it was still an enjoyable quick
Abbie
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
But I am thankful I didn’t read this book’s summary as I might not of read it. I am not a reader of the supernatural books. This book has since changed my mind. If all supernatural authors are like this I am in love with another genre.

This book is shorter; it was a one sitter for me as I am a stay at home mom. I did enjoy it. Keep in mind this is NOT a panty dropper it is a unique supernatural romance. I didn’t experience any emotions really other then laughing. So I would put this book at a 3.5
Dawn Parker
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is a really quick, funny read that is different from any book that I have read before.

I LOVED the relationship that Cassie and Jessica have as sisters. It's a loving one that looks out of each other and can tell one another anything. It's during a lunch "talk" that the one sister feels she needs to intervene on the others love life. Little does she know, it is going to impact hers when she does.

This is my honest opinion based on my ARC.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Disclaimer: This ARC was given to me for free in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley.

This book was a hilarious satire on the romance/paranormal romance genre. It had all the stereotypes, insta-love, love scenes, and a happy ending. It was also extremely well-written. I initially had this book at 3 stars, but now I'm going to bump it up to four.
Dana
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley.

This was a great little novella. Very funny and sexy! I only wish it was a full length story, I would have loved to read more about these characters!! Definitely recommend!
Artemiz
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2014
If you are looking for something fun to read between other books, What She Didn't Know by I. Ronik is excellent book for this. This story has surprise, humor, absurdity, love, sex and did I mention humor :).

Really excellent experience! Short and brilliant!
Melanie
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Literally, masted the art of trolling.
Rosalee