Start by marking “Why Kimba Saved the World (Cats in the Mirror Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Why Kimba Saved the World (Cats in the Mirror Book 1)

Why Kimba Saved the World

(Cats in the Mirror #1)

The first book in the middle grade chapter book series Cats in the Mirror.

How can a young cat pick between everything she has ever wanted and everyone she has ever loved? Kimba lives the care-free life of a much loved house cat, but what she really wants is freedom and the wild life for which she was born. Then she learns a secret that changes everything, including her d
Published February 2013 by Serenity Mountain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Why Kimba Saved the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Kimba Saved the World

Start your review of Why Kimba Saved the World (Cats in the Mirror Book 1)
Jeridel Banks
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Cats have a soft spot in my heart, and so does Why Kimba Saved the World, a book about cats. Well, not regular cats—though, they are amazing—but cats who have a collective secret mission. Kimba, an all-white cat with a rebellious streak, is enlisted into an agency of cats who can communicate through mirrors. They tell her of her real heritage, one where humans aren’t the loving caretakers of cats.

This book captures cats with amazing accuracy, and the interactions between the cats and their owne
L Avery Brown
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please note: The review/critique of this book (which was donated to The Magnolia Blossom Review for the sole purpose of a review) was completed by Bud Scott based on a Rubric designed by the site’s owner, L. Avery Brown. Bud has graciously given permission to L. Avery Brown to post this review on his behalf using her Amazon Reviewer’s profile. If you would like to read the entire review which includes an in depth author interview – please visit The Magnolia Blossom Review’s site online today! Th ...more
H.Y. Hanna
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why Kimba Saved the World is a sweet story with a host of feline characters and personalities that cat lovers are sure to identify with. The story stars two delightful kittens, Kimba and her sister, Hiro, and follows their adventures as they are first abandoned, then rescued and lovingly raised by a human family (very obviously the author, her husband and their assortment of pets reincarnated in the story!).

The kittens soon learn that cats are actually not from Earth at all and that they were bo
Savannah Mae
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Why Kimba Saved the World” by Meg Dendler tells the story of two kittens, rescued by humans, and their quest to find out what they are really destined to do. Kimba and Hiro are sisters who were found by a couple just in time before starving to death. Without any doubt, they were loved by the humans. Yet Kimba knew there was more to her life than she knew. It would take a quick glance in the mirror to further peak her curiosity about what her purpose in life was.

The cats in the mirror watch and
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Kimba the cat and her sister, Hiro, were kittens and near death when their soon-to-be-owners found them on the street. The owners brought them to their house and nursed them back to health. Now fully grown, Kimba has a great life with her owners. She has everything she needs: food, toys, and a loving family. She thinks she has it all, but there is a nagging feeling that she should be free! When a weird cat from outer space named Regalus contacts Kimba through the bathroom mirror, Kimba is given ...more
Barbara Ann
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First in a series of middle grade chapter books featuring a family which includes four cats and a dog along with their human family. In this book, Kimba, a heterochromatic cat, is recruited by an agency of sci-fi cats to restore cats to their rightful place as rulers of the universe.

Kimba is distinct not only due to the fact that she has one green and one blue eye, but also because she combines the curiosity of a cat with the sensitivity of a human. Kimba and her sister Hiro’s lives change one d
Gaele
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anyone who has been allowed to share their life with a cat can completely relate to this story: engrossing and simple to read, the point of view from Kimba is not only well defined, but completely realistic. Although there are moments when it seems to meander, from a cat’s perspective those forays into the investigations and interesting things to be seen fits with every cat’s day.

Interspersed with photos of Kimba and her sister Hiro, and the other housemates, the pictures break up what could be
Sherrey
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Captivating, charming, funny, educational, easy to read aloud for younger children and easy for older children to read independently, colorful and attractive cover art, and some of the most fascinating characters I've had the pleasure to meet.

The only thing missing as I read Kimba's story was the joy of having my four-year-old great-granddaughter and two-year old great-grandson to listen to what Kimba was getting in and out of through the pages. Well, Everett might not have stayed with us for lo
Arkansas Book Reviewer
Secret missions, world takeovers – who knew being a kitten could be so difficult?

From the moment they are found, Kimba and her sister, Hiro, are adored. Discovered before they could even see, Mama and Daddy have cared for them, loved them and made them a part of their family. As they grow, and venture about, they begin to study the world around them. But that is inside the house. Through the window, Kimba sees a whole other world she wants to discover. A world of independence.

Unbeknownst to them
LAWonder10
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For cat lovers everywhere, you must read this book! This is a very cute story of how Kimba an Hiro had to decide with whom their loyalties should lie and with whom were they to trust This decision could change the world.

Kimba & Hiro were found in an alley nearly dead. Their eyes were not even open yet. They were taken to a warm place and given nourishment to sustain them.

This story continues into the care they were given that helped them survive. Then, a year later, Kimba and Hiro were accoste
David Erickson
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This isn't my usual reading fare, but I met Meg at the Ozarks Writer's League and this seemed to be a tale my wife would enjoy. Kathi enjoyed it and felt I may too.

The story follows Kimba through her first year, introducing her housemates and the limits of her freedom as a house pet, before the cat in the mirror makes her question her carefree life as she yearns for the freedom of the outside.

I was impressed with Meg's characterizations of both the other cats and dog in the house, and their rela
Cynthia
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with children 2- adult
This is an update on Meg Dendler's first book in this series. When I wrote the original review our grandchildren had this book singled out as one of their nightly favorites. Our 10-1/2 year old granddaughter enjoys this book so much that she asks her Mom if she can read this book to her six year old brother and her little sister who will be three very soon. Even though the children have had this book for months now, they still keep saying it is one of their favorites. Since the second book in th ...more
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Why Kimba Saved the World is a cute, captivating, and educational story about two kittens found and given a wonderful home with a loving family. It is also an imaginative story about those same kittens being contacted by other cats and given secret missions to complete.

As I was reading this book, I was laughing and thinking about my cat, and how he too is a found stray and how many of his first places and movements were similar to Kimba and Hiro’s. I think Cooper (my cat) may too be communicatin
Tasha
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first cat story to read. I have read all sorts of stories and I do keep trying to avoid reading books that are in series but they seem to pull me in and I am not strong enough to pull away. I have also found that lately the books that I have read that are in series very much to my liking. I am one of those people who will collect cat things (and boy have I collected a lot in my years) I can finally add reading a cat book to my Cat Collection. When I first started this book I have to a ...more
The Styling Librarian
Why Kimba Saved The World by Meg Dendler – Animal Fiction/Science Fiction, 3rd grade and up! This is a special book for readers to enjoy. I’d say it is a combination of animal fiction and science fiction with humorous situations mixed in throughout. I really enjoyed Kimba’s point of view, how her turmoil was presented, how the humans interaction and growth of the kittens was developed in the first few chapters, and interaction between species was amusing as well… Loved that there were precious p ...more
Janice Spina
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you love cats you will love this delightful story about Kimba and her human family. Kimba came to live with her family when she was only a few days old. She has a safe, warm and contented life until she encounters a cat from out of this world in the bathroom mirror. The cat is an alien and tries to enlist Kimba's help in taking over the world through Facebook accounts.

This is an entertaining story that will keep children engaged and enchanted by all the characters each with their own personal
David Stringer
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
What a lovely, easy to read and imagination stimulating book! Both me and my son enjoyed reading this book together at bedtimes, I loved the way it really brought the cat characters to life and their personalities shone through (no doubt based on the real things!)

My five year old son was so engrossed and fascinated by it, that his two pet Guinea pigs have suddenly become spy’s themselves, and he’s started telling me about their adventures! Watch out Kimba, the Guinea pig division could come call
Darlene Cruz
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The tale was beautifully told. While reading the story it seems I was watching a cat in front of me. This book had mystery, and cute suspense and I found myself laughing too. Excellent writing and I just love it. I can now hand it to my grandchildren. Thank you for a wonderful children book, I know my grand children's will love it. Yeah I had to read it first and it passed the critical critic, ME:)
Gigi Sedlmayer
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A delightful story for cat lovers

I bought the book “Why Kimba saved the world” by a recommendation of a friend. I got it and reading it, I fell in love with fury, beautiful Kimba. Kimba represented my own white cat I had for many years. Many things how my cat reacted came back to me, how he reacted. Was he an agent as well? Well, we never find out.
A great story for cat lovers and I believe not only for children.
Well done Meg Dendler.
Julie Savage
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why Kimba Saved The World by Meg Welch Dendler is a great book for young readers (a great intro to chapter books) and anyone who loves cats. I found myself laughing and smiling while reading more often than not. I love that the book is written entirely in the point of view of Kimba the cat, who has some very important tasks and heavy decisions to make once she is no longer a kitten.
Ruth Weeks
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I was introduced to Meg at the Village School of Writing in Eureka Springs. I loved her high pro glow and up-beat attitude. When I found out she wrote about cats, that sealed the deal.
Why Kimba Saved The World is a witty, fun, feel-good story. Told from the view point of Kimba, readers get an insight into just what cats think. And is proof positive that cats, do indeed, rule.
Elaine Plourde
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute book. I told my two daughters to read it to there kids.It had a cute little example of what makes a family a family. I think alot of parents would enjoy reading it to their kids. I enjoyed the story as an adult.
Jason
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic story for all ages! Kimba and Hiro remind me so much of my own rambunctious sister kitties Gracy and Ziggy. Bunches of laughs, excitement, and even some tender moments. On a whole, a heartwarming tale of the importance of love and family. You had me at cats...
C. Stuchl
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A darling story for all cat lovers about real cats with a little danger and adventure added. I really likes the added pics. Kimba is so pretty. I always knew there was more to cats then soft fur and soothing purrs. Looking forward to reading about Hiro's adventure next.
Nancy
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book, I couldn't put it down because I couldn't wait to see what happened next. I would highly recommend this book to any one who want's an excellent read. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Debra Knox
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Enchanting Read

this book is fun, imaginative and enchanting. I have lived with cats my whole life and have often thought they might be from another planet
I loved this stormy it is a great read by a talented author
Joshua
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I found this book to be very interesting.
An enjoyable read.
Raina Evink
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's a link to a review I've written about this book:
Demi
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute book. I may be a little biased because of my love for cats, but I just loved the characters. It wasn't the most 'OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!!' book in the world, but I did enjoy it.
Kim Propp
I love the humor in this book. Here is a link to the review I wrote for Why Kimba Saved The World. http://heartofaphilanthropist.weebly.... ...more

• Brain Quest Grade 1, revised 4th edition: 750 Questions and Answers to Challenge the Mind
  • Brain Quest Grade 3
  • The Cat Who Smelled a Rat (Cat Who... #23)
  • Getting Lei'd (Escape #1)
  • Divergent Series Complete Box Set (Divergent, #1-3)
  • When A Laird Loves A Lady (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts, #1)
  • The Dark Knight's Captive Bride
  • Second Chance Cowboy (Road to Romance, #2)
  • A Willing Murder (Medlar Mystery #1)
  • A Dragon of a Different Color (Heartstrikers, #4)
  • Lean on Me (Family Is Forever, #1)
  • The Magician's Elephant
  • The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, #2)
  • No Good Dragon Goes Unpunished (Heartstrikers, #3)
  • The Perfect Hope (Inn Boonsboro Trilogy, #3)
  • Grump: The (Fairly) True Tale of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
  • Rituals (Cainsville, #5)
  • A Treasury of Classic Fairy Tales: Includes Pdf (The Land of Stories)
Meg Dendler has considered herself a writer since she won a picture book contest in 5th grade and entertained her classmates with ongoing sequels for the rest of the year. Beginning serious work as a freelancer in the '90s while teaching elementary and middle school, Meg has over one hundred articles in print, including interviews with Kirk Douglas, Sylvester Stallone, and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnso ...more

Cats in the Mirror (4 books)
  • Vacation Hiro (Cats in the Mirror, #2)
  • Miss Fatty Cat's Revenge (Cats in the Mirror #3)
  • Slinky Steps Out (Cats in the Mirror, Book 4)