Start by marking “Bones Never Lie (Temperance Brennan, #17)” as Want to Read:
Bones Never Lie (Temperance Brennan, #17)

Bones Never Lie

(Temperance Brennan #17)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  13,733 ratings  ·  1,421 reviews
In the acclaimed author’s thrilling new novel, Brennan is at the top of her game in a battle of wits against the most monstrous adversary she has ever encountered.

Unexpectedly called in to the Charlotte PD’s Cold Case Unit, Dr. Temperance Brennan wonders why she’s been asked to meet with a homicide cop who’s a long way from his own jurisdiction. The shocking answer: Two ch
Published September 23rd 2014 by Bantam (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bones Never Lie, please sign up.
Isabelle She might not have worked out of Canada, but she did come to Montreal with Ryan from Charlotte to revisit the Pomerleau files, talk to parents of…moreShe might not have worked out of Canada, but she did come to Montreal with Ryan from Charlotte to revisit the Pomerleau files, talk to parents of victims as well as Pomerleau's mother. There were again tidbits of knowledge of my beautiful city sprinkled in that novel as well!(less)

really liked it 4.00  ·
 ·  13,733 ratings  ·  1,421 reviews

Phrynne
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this one better than I did her last few books. Katy wasn't in it which helped. And Ryan featured a fair bit with a huge surprise right at the end. That alone made the whole book worthwhile! Tempe has also calmed down a bit and did not keep deliberately putting herself into danger or at least not without taking some precautions first. So it was all quite readable and in fact enjoyable. If you have enjoyed the series so far then don't give up before you have read this one.
Brenda
Dr Temperance Brennan was suffering from a dreadful cold, so the unexpected call to a meeting first thing Monday was the last thing she felt like going to – but her arrival before 8am at the Law Enforcement Centre in Charlotte was to set a chain of events in progress that would horrify and disgust the most seasoned of them all.

On learning that an old adversary, Anique Pomerleau, had resurfaced, Tempe was filled with a feeling of guilt and spine-chilling fear. Pomerleau had been so close to captu
Carol
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Unique and in many ways I liked this one better than others of hers. I just thought there was more plot, more interest, stronger players, and much that held my interest. Good story.

I often see reviews comparing Kathy Reichs’ books with Patricia Cornwell’s books, but with the exception of both being forensic thrillers, the two series are very different. One major difference is that Reichs creates her stories often based on her real life as a forensic anthropologist, whereas Cornwell’s stories are
So, I Read This Book Today
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: I wouldn't recommend
Recommended to So, I Read This Book Today by: Bantam Publishing
It has been a long time since I read a Kathy Reichs book. I used to wait breathlessly for each one to come out, but at some point, I backed off, and I don't even remember why. The last I actually tried to read was 206 Bones and I don't know why, but I stopped listening (it is an Audible edition) less than half way through the book and the marker is still sitting there, so I never picked it up again.

Apparently, a lot has happened since my last reading. Relationships have changed, and I missed wha
Alex is The Romance Fox
The latest novel from Kathy Reichs, Bones Never Lie, is the 17th book in the Temperance Brennan Series and so much better than the last one, Bones of the Lost https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... , which I did not like at all…

Temperance Brennan , forensic anthropologist and member of Charlotte’s Cold Case Unit is working on a disappearance and death of young girls that have the same characteristics of the murders by the evil and wicked Anique Pomerleau that evaded being caught by Tempe and D
Shihab Azhar
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Somewhere out there is a thriller writer's handbook with only one instruction: end every chapter with a perceived cliffhanger. I think it was written by Dan Brown. Also in there: use incomplete sentences whenever possible.

Clearly, Kathy Reichs read the handbook and took its instructions to heart.

About a third of the way into the book, I figured out the whodunit. And then I spent the rest of it trying to see how long it takes to get there. And it was quite long.

Is it just me, or is the main chara
Skip
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-detective
An excellent installment in the Tempe Brennan series.

Head of the Cold Case Unit asks Tempe to attend a meeting with a Vermont Detective Rodas, hometown homicide cop Skinny Slidell and an agent from that State Bureau of Investigation. Rodas has found a link between a Vermont unsolved and a local unsolved case: matching DNA to an old adversary, Anique Pomerleau (from the one book in the series I have not read.) And then another local girl goes missing. Tempe decides she needs assistance from her
Alaina
I feel like I'm close to being done with this series.. right?

Bones Never Lie is another book that will tell you what Brennan does for a living. If it's a shock to you now.. then you've missed about 16 books. If it isn't, then you are probably bored like me. Or ya know, fake shocked.

I feel like a lot has happened and I might of, sort of, blacked out when it did. Ryan's daughter is dead and gone which lead to Ryan going down a deep dark hole. I mean, it's cool and all. I just shipped Ryan and Tem
Marianne
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bones Never Lie is the seventeenth book in the popular Temperance Brennan series by American forensic anthropologist and author, Kathy Reichs. Tempe is summoned to the Cold Case Unit in Charlotte when victim characteristics (pre-pubescent teenaged girls), posed corpses, undetermined cause of death and DNA evidence point to coldblooded serial killer, Anique Pomerleau, a woman suspected of murders that Tempe and Detective Andrew Ryan investigated ten years earlier in Montreal. Ryan’s input is need ...more
Kate
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If it's by Kathy Reichs I will read it! I love all her books but most especially the ones about Temperance Brennan. I think this may be my new favorite book by her. The story line was fascinating and gave a great resolution to one of the most interesting and previously unresolved storylines she has ever written. Plus the ending I LOVED the ending. I don't want to spoil anything but it made me so so happy. I cannot say enough good things about this series and this author.
Maria
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate to receive an ARC of this book at BEA. I've been a Tempe fan since the very beginning and love that this series isn't losing any steam.
Book Him Danno
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have read every book in this series and I really liked this one more than I have the last few – the mystery was from an earlier book and yet it was new. I liked that the end was not a race to the death like many of this books have been – the ending made more sense in real life this time – but I have the say the very end had me saying “What the heck?” - That came out of nowhere – but I am not saying I am unhappy about it – just a bit surprised and now wondering why I read these as they come ou ...more
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
I was kind of over Kathy Reichs by the time I had finished Bones Are Forever, but in this book, Kathy is back to writing at her best.

In this is a fast paced tale with many a twist, young girls have been going missing at regular intervals over a number of years and many thousands of miles. They are all similar in appearance - early teens, with long dark hair parted in the middle.

And the case has a link to Brennans past....has a killer who eluded her in the past come back to taunt her?

Can she triu
Donna
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-mystery
This is only my third novel by this author. The other two were also part of this same series. I liked this one better than the others. I like the MC. She seems very personable and quite normal. I definitely enjoyed the story line in this one more so. I was pulled in, even with its predictability. Even though the author tried to steer suspicion elsewhere, I kept thinking, "Hmmmm...how are they going to bring this back to the real killer."
David
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just when I thought the Dr Tempe Brennan series was beginning to falter, Kathy Reichs comes out with a doozy. This is a top class forensic thriller that when coupled with some interesting new romantic developments for her previously jaded characters (IMO), all comes together to make for a thoroughly enjoyable read. I am back on board the 'Bones' bandwagon!
Matt
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reichs is a true master at her trade, having crafted the Tempe Brennan character into quite the heroine. In this latest novel, Brennan has been seconded to assist with a cold-case squad in Charlotte. When called in to meet with a Vermont police officer, Brennan realises that this paticular cold case hits home. Some DNA has been discovered that ties some recent killings with a serial killer, Anique Pomerleau, who eluded capture while on her spree in and around Montreal in the 80s and 90s. Brennan ...more
Tanja
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
>>Diese Rezension und viele mehr findet ihr auch hier: http://wort-welten.blogspot.de/

ZUSAMMENFASSUNG:
Inzwischen sind zehn Jahre vergangen, seit Tempe Brennan jene Mädchenleichen in dem Keller in Montreal untersuchte - und der Mörderin, Anique Pomerleau die Flucht gelang. Doch jetzt sieht es ganz so aus, als hätte Anique wieder zugeschlagen. Wie damals sind ihre Opfer junge Mädchen. Als eine Sonderkommission gegründet und Tempe hinzugezogen wird, ahnt sie noch nicht, wie gefährlich der Fa
Elvan
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2014
Excellent book. Tempe Brennan is back on track with a terrific whodunit .
I didn't even bother to try to figure out the killer(s) in this one. I just enjoyed this fast paced novel and rode one discovery after another to a very satisfactory conclusion.
Even though he is irritating, “Skinny” Slidell is growing on me in every book he makes an appearance. He is a perfect foil for the almost too perfect forensic pathologist.
Here he is telling Brennan about the websites a victim was visiting on her la
Sharon Redfern
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I always read the latest Kathy Reichs book in one day because I can't stop reading. Bones Never Lie is a tense telling of the murders of several children, possibly by an old adversary of Tempe's. There are territory fights between agencies, retelling of sad family stories and even Tempe's mother gets involved in solving the case.

One of my fellow readers and I have lamented about the absence of Andrew Ryan in Tempe's life and how we want him back. He is a big part of this latest book and the fire
Diane
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the best Kathy Reichs Temperance Brennan books - just excellent - a creepy female serial killer, or is she! A different perspective of maple syrup for me and can anyone tell me what exactly is the colour of fingernail polish decribed as rare roast beef?

Lots of wit and bantering between Tempe and "Skinny" - jurisidiction angst and just an all around good read. So glad Ms Reichs wrote this book - it finally answers some questions (I think).

There are some red herrings tossed about - very eff
Robbyn Mccauley
Jun 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first Kathy Reichs' book and I liked it! I figured out the killer as soon as the character was introduced with detail, but still enjoyed the story. Temperance Brennan is a cool protagonist, with wit and charm (I think I like her more than the Bones' leading lady). I was fortunate enough to hear Kathy Reichs at bookcon, which was another added benefit when reading this ARC- I had the author's voice in my head. Definitely have to check out more of the series.
Marcie
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
The author is back in top form for this story. The last few in this series have not been as good. Tricky mystery and Ryan is back!
Ellen
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reichs
Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs.

The first half of this book kept me mesmerized. Could not stop listening to it. The last third not so much. Bones is in search of a serial killer that has taken the lives of teenage girls.

I gave this book 3 1/2 stars.
Monnie
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can a TV show get in the way of a book? Sometimes - and nowhere is it more evident for me than with Kathy Reichs' series featuring forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan. The books spawned the popular Fox Network show, Bones, now in its 9th season. Even though the show rather loosely mirrors the books, I've watched it faithfully from the beginning.

Until this season, that is. I was growing a bit weary of it a bit last year - the plots were getting a bit far-fetched - but (SPOILER ALERT HERE)
Sharon
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I admit it; I'm a long-time fan of Kathy Reichs' Temperance Brennan novels. However, I skipped a couple; the last one I read was just so humdrum that I thought Reichs was tiring of her characters. It was depressing to me, so I didn't read any for a while.

As a result, I missed some of the events referred to in this title ... but that was all right. I found myself not wanting to put the book down this time, just like in the "good old days."

This time, Tempe is asked to help investigate a series of
Barbara ★
Suddenly the writing style is like the earlier books. I liked Tempe better since she wasn't as snide and nasty as in recent books. I loved not seeing Pete in the story and seeing more of Ryan. (What was up with the ending? Wow that came out of nowhere.)

I was totally surprised at the role Tempe's mother played in this story. From what I recall, Tempe doesn't have a good relationship with her mother. As a matter of fact, I can't remember when Tempe's even talked to her mother on the phone in prev
Deanne
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crimethriller
Managed to stretch this book over several days, normally I read the new Reichs book in one go and then get withdrawal symptoms waiting for the next. Looking at the blurb Reichs is a busy woman so I'm amazed that she writes such great books, and so many.
Temperance in this book has a killer come back to haunt her, a previous book Monday Mourning from a decade ago is the last time Temperance dealt with the one that got away. Things are never straightforward, there's twists, turns and eureka moments
Nancy
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, mystery
I regularly explore the books offered as goodreads giveaways. When I saw a new Temperance Brennan mystery, I clicked to enter. I was one of the winners.

The book gets off to a slow start with a too realistic description of working with a head cold. Once you sniffle through that a mystery thriller awaits. As always, Kathy Reichs gives the reader some education on medical conditions, teasing out causes of death, and a very unusual way to preserve a body.
Jacqueline Oestringer
Knochen lügen nie - Tempes 17. Fall

die Autorin:

Kathy Reichs, geboren in Chicago, lebt in Charlotte und Montreal. Sie ist Professorin für Soziologie und Anthropologie und unter anderem als forensische Anthropologin für gerichtsmedizinische Institute in Quebec und North Carolina tätig. Ihre Romane erreichen regelmäßig Spitzenplätze auf internationalen und deutschen Bestsellerlisten und wurden in 30 Sprachen übersetzt. Tempe Brennan ermittelt auch in der von Reichs mitkreierten und -produzierten Fe
The Mystery, Crim...: Little Help with a line in a book, please? 7 9 Nov 04, 2018 07:05PM
Goodreads Librari...: Page Count Incorrect 5 23 Jun 26, 2015 06:20AM
Goodreads Librari...: Add cover and amend page count 2 10 May 14, 2015 11:20PM
Kathy Reichs 2 50 Oct 27, 2014 07:03AM
  • Asylum City
  • Devil's Bridge (Alexandra Cooper, #17)
  • Hangman (Abbie Kearney, #2)
  • The Inquisitor's Key (Body Farm #7)
  • Full Tilt (Kate Page, #2)
  • Die Again (Rizzoli & Isles, #11)
  • Raging Heat (Nikki Heat, #6)
  • Pyres
  • The Kill Order  (Sydney Fitzpatrick #5)
  • Long Upon the Land (Deborah Knott Mysteries, #20)
  • Bad Wolf (Bodenstein & Kirchhoff, #6)
  • Three Can Keep a Secret (Joe Gunther #24)
  • A Darker Domain (Inspector Karen Pirie, #2)
  • Tahoe Blowup (Owen McKenna #2)
Kathy Reichs is a forensic anthropologist for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, State of North Carolina, and for the Laboratoire des Sciences Judiciaires et de Médecine Légale for the province of Quebec. She is one of only fifty forensic anthropologists certified by the American Board of Forensic Anthropology and is on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences. A ...more

Temperance Brennan (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1)
  • Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)
  • Deadly Decisions (Temperance Brennan, #3)
  • Fatal Voyage (Temperance Brennan, #4)
  • Grave Secrets (Temperance Brennan, #5)
  • Bare Bones (Temperance Brennan, #6)
  • Monday Mourning (Temperance Brennan, #7)
  • Cross Bones (Temperance Brennan, #8)
  • Break No Bones (Temperance Brennan, #9)
  • Bones to Ashes (Temperance Brennan, #10)
“I chuckled at this passage from Dr. Tempe Brennan in "Bones Never Lie" by Kathy Reichs: "Back home, I ate Bojangles chicken with Bird and watched a rerun of 'Bones.' For some reason, the cat is nuts about Hodgins.” 4 likes
“I got through two reports, knocked off at five. Back home, I ate Bojangles’ chicken with Bird and watched a rerun of Bones. For some reason, the cat is nuts about Hodgins.” 2 likes