Start by marking “The Far Dawn (The Atlanteans, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Far Dawn (The Atlanteans, #3)

The Far Dawn

(The Atlanteans #3)

The Three is a lie. The Three will fail.

Having barely escaped Desenna, Owen and Lilly are on their own now, two of the three Altaneans on a journey to find Atlantis and protect it from the selfish greed of their nemesis Paul and Project Elysium. The secrets buried in the ice ahead have the power to destroy not only the earth but the bond between Owen and Lilly, too. As
Published August 26th 2014 by Katherine Tegen Books

To ask other readers questions about The Far Dawn, please sign up.
Kevin Emerson It was a decision by the publisher based on sales of the first two books.

Wren
Jun 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Far Dawn

Author: Kevin Emerson

Genre: Dystopian, Science Fiction, Fantasy, YA fiction, Romance

Premise:

(Goodreads)

In The Far Dawn, Owen and Lilly are on their own, two of the three Atlanteans left on a journey to find Atlantis and protect it from the selfish greed of their nemesis Paul and Project Elysium. As time grows short and darkness overtakes the planet, Owen must face Paul's greatest treachery yet. He must choose—
Janina
The Far Dawn was a great conclusion to the Atlantean trilogy and I'm glad decided to give the series a try way back when it first came out. Book one was a pretty good start to the trilogy and continued to get better in book 2 and 3. I believe this book had a great balance of everything especially with the action and the romance. There wasn't too much of one thing, but just a very good mix of everything. I was also glad for the refreshers in the beginning of the book to jog my memory of the previ ...more
Kathy Frank
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviews of previous books The Lost Code & The Dark Shore.

Actual rating 3.5

The action gets amped up again in Far Dawn with this one being the fastest paced and the most exciting of the series.

There's not much for me to say about this book that I haven't said in a previous review. I did like Owen more then I did in Dark Shore but not as much as in Lost Code. More seems to happen in this book then in the others which I did appreciate. I worried some about where things were going but I l/>The
Rachel L
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This whole series was so amazing. It was exciting and seriously imaginative. The characters were very real and far from perfect, yet you care about them. The writing brought the Fantastical setting to vivid life. I'm sad that I'm done reading!!
Kenneth
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best book ever.
This book is awesome especially because of the starting in action and then calm down and then action again like in any other book of the atlanteans.
Another reason why i like this book is because i like reading distopia and sci fi and this book is perfect for these.
Talia Johnson
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book is a nope sandwich, with extra nope sauce.
Cherie
It was okay. It is aimed at a younger audience. By this book, I was only interested to see how it was going to end.
Michelle
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series definitely didn't go where I expected it to, which isn't a bad thing. I enjoyed this YA series quite a bit.
Meaghan R. (YA-aholic)
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERY SINGLE PERSON EVER!
★★★★★
(i really wish there were more stars to give!!!!)

that's right, i am CURRENTLY READING THIS, MAY 21...i got a copy (paperback ARC) last night at the Story Crush tour...Kevin Emerson had two for the ENTIRE tour, and i fricking got one!!!! sooo freaking ecstatic!!!! oh, and it looks read, and it was in his bag, so it's like i got HIS personal copy!!!

i received an ARC f
Stephanie
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dystopian-world
This book was a bit of a letdown. I wasn't totally captivated by the first book, but the second one was more fast-paced and had a few twists near the end that made me hope this book would get interesting because that book was a pretty quick and entertaining read. Spoiler Alert: It didn't.

Actual spoilers are needed to understand what I didn't like:
(view spoiler) ...more
Sifa  Blackmon
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this series despite the bad reviews from others and after finishing this last installment I am so happy I took a leap and read that first book. The story has a message that anyone can find meaning in. Owen experiences trials that would make men twice his age wither. The first book was a test of believing in himself, the second was a test of his strength as a person and this last one was a test of his belief. Owen Parker is pulled through the mud as Paul, the Terra, the truth ...more
Mel Barnes
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: qp, arc, home, own, ya, e-books
This book killed me emotionally. At one point I totally wanted to kick Kevin's ass but turns out the ending was perfect and I can't wait to re-read it!

After reading first two books in the Atlanteans series I was thrilled to find 'The Far Dawn' on Edelweiss a few weeks back. And so, with warnings directly from Kevin about how I would hate him afterward, I went to a local cafe and dedicated my entire day to reading it. I live tweeted while I was reading it in a non spoilery way. It was
Stephanie
Okay, maybe it was just me, or the mood I was in while I was reading this, but I just could not get into this book! The plot seemed to get more and more ridiculous and far-fetched (and that's saying a LOT, as I really enjoyed the previous two books and the kids grew gills, for crying out loud!) and the ending stretched my ability to suspend my disbelief way too far. It was also predictable and I saw it coming from miles away. I kept saying to myself-no...it's too obvious, he wouldn't do that! Bu ...more
LB
Sep 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
1.5 / 5 stars rating

This review is also posted at http://readingnookandcranny.blogspot....

I am so happy to be done with this series. I really didn't even want to read this novel after the first two, but I do like finishing out series and not leaving them half read. So I put myself through a little bit of self inflicted torture to get it done.

I won't write a lot for this one, since I skim read it at most. If you liked the first two, then you will probably like this one as well. If you didn't like
Dena (Batch of Books)
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing conclusion to the series! Wow. It's not often that I like the last book in a trilogy better than the first, but Kevin Emerson pulled out all the stops on this one.

Owen and Lilly finally receive the answers they have been searching for, but the problem is, so does Paul. And Paul is always one step ahead. This was such an amazing adventure that spanned time, continents, and space. I loved Owen's struggle and the way his resolve wavered. I loved Lilly's strength and the
Ale96_CalS Paola
Georgia Sanden
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
It is hard to say what I really think about this book. At the end of the Atlanteans #2, I was desperate to find out what came next. This one begins in a totally different place and under very different circumstances than #2. It left me very baffled. Then as I tried to read it, there were way too many duplications and oddball things happening. I think if I had the choice again, I would not read book #3 and just go through the rest of my life wondering what happened.
Rebecca Veight
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
As a sci-fi fan reading about Atlanteans was a no-brainer. But the series ended up being a whole lot different than I expected & better for it. Environmentally conscious, thought-provoking, action packed post- apocalyptic dystopian with a moral compass & the best wink to Doctor Who in YA I have read (the Geronimo cookies)
Jennifer Henschel
Oct 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Way different than I thought and way different from the rest of the series. I usually get frustrated from books that add way too much detail, but this book should have been longer to develop the plot and support the ending.
Theresa
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This is the third book in the series of The Atlanteans were all the questions are answered first and far most The Legend of the Three. Fast paced and enjoyable story that will have you on the edge of your seat saying "That can't happen!". Readers will be happy with the ending I know I was.
Travis Freehauf
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great conclusion

I really like the way the author brought the story around. I would highly recommend this series to any that like the idea concepts of all things being connected follow the ideas of balance.
Vidhi
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I recieved this novel for free through Goodreads First Reads. This is a worthy conclusion to the Atlantean trilogy. Even though the story takes place within the span of just three weeks, the readers see the characters develop immensely.
Dena (Batch of Books)
Loved this conclusion! Review to come.
Alan
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved how this book tied up everything to end the series.
Linda
Oct 12, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. The end threw me for a loop at first.
Brandee Terry
May 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
I had a really hard time getting into this book.
Rachel Webb
This series is so under the radar and I immediately want to do a display of epic journey books at the library!
Kesha Hedner
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-books
kinda disappointed with this book. It was actually hard to get through but a very good ending to the series.
Katie
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
A pretty satisfying end to the series, I think. Still mentally sorting through everything and making sure all the loose ends were tied up.
Shane Sharrow
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not much of a reader but when I do take the time to read a book, I find stories like this amazing! The Atlanteans trilogy was a great story that I recommend 100%.

• Crashland (Twinmaker #2)
  • Undead with Benefits
  • Revolution (Replica, #3)
  • Don't Let Go (PERSEFoNE, #3)
  • How to Win at High School
  • The Crimson Gate (The Violet Hour, #2)
  • All That Burns (All That Glows, #2)
  • The A-Word (Sweet Dead Life, #2)
  • The Aftermath (Aftermath #1)
  • The Invisible (Brokenhearted, #2)
  • Ennara and the Book of Shadows (Ennara, #2)
  • The Blind Wish (The Jinni Wars, #2)
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • Wanderers (Wasteland, #2)
  • Witchfall (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • Other Worlds
  • Played (Hooked, #2)
  • Resonance (Dissonance #2)
Author of sixteen novels for children and young adults, most recently LAST DAY ON MARS, BREAKOUT, and the ATLANTEANS series. His books have been published in ten different countries. Formerly a science teacher and a creative writing teacher, Kevin is also a singer and drummer. He has won a spelling bee, lost a beauty pageant, and once appeared in a Swedish TV commercial.

The Atlanteans (3 books)
  • The Lost Code (The Atlanteans, #1)
  • The Dark Shore (The Atlanteans, #2)