Start by marking “Prodigal Son (Jensen Family #1)” as Want to Read:
Prodigal Son (Jensen Family #1)

Prodigal Son

(Jensen Family #1)

Paul Jensen’s problems started the day he was born.
The image of his mother, unlike his twin and older sister, he never quite fit the Jensen mold.
A difficult baby, a problem child and a troublesome teen, Paul is the quintessential black sheep.
His father’s abusive disapproval and rejection doesn't bring him down. It only serves to turn him into a willful, a
Published October 11th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Prodigal Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prodigal Son

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. TolkienThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Best Series Books
721 books — 804 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireObsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareDivergent by Veronica RothHush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Book Boyfriends
582 books — 499 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicola
Jun 01, 2013 rated it liked it
This book has left me with conflicting feelings. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, I became invested in the characters, their journey and I struggled to put it down, but something just didn't quite sit right with me. The only thing I can think of it being is the fact that the central character is a school boy, yet much of what he says, his thought process and his actions are that of a man. (Plus I have 15 year old step-son sat upstairs and the thought of, nope scratch that not going there).

Set in
Donna Higgins
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Diane
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT!
You cant help fall in love with Paul & his cheeky brother Matt.
Paul is a very strong will boy who grows up not the easy but is very smart & knows what he wants & goes for it FULL ON.

You will feel for Paul as you read his story of becoming a young man & the troubles he has.

Can not wait for the next book.
Jayne
May 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Paul is one of twins, both fabulously goodlooking in their own way and successful with the ladies. He has issues with his father and maintains two lovers, one of whom become pregnant, which is where the story ends. He had a hard time at school, but he always seems to get over his problems with the help of his supportive mother and brother. The sticking point for me, is that he is fifteen years old, but that's because I have a son that age.

Once I was able to forget that bit, I could e
Cam
Cathy Weidemann
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Can't wait for the next book!
Mary Mooney
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this ebook and after reading the synopsis, I couldn't wait to read it. Paul is a twin and looks nothing like Matt. While Matt looks like his father, Paul looks like his mother. His father was not happy about that and he was always harder on Paul because of it. Paul used his good looks to get what he wanted. When he pursued his teacher, he wouldn't take no for answer. When things build between Paul and Carmen, the teacher, he will learn that he has to grow up quickly. And stay out of his fa ...more
Karen
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
I wish I had gone to school with Paul Jensen. Not that he would have been into a tiny little mouse of a girl like me, but to watch him from afar would have been nice.

I had conflicting thoughts about this book. I wasn't that bothered about the boy/teacher/older woman thing because there is no way at all you could look at it that Carmen was the seducer. No way at all. Michelle Day made that abundantly clear - Paul was the driving force.

My conflict was the way it was written
Jamie
Jan 05, 2013 rated it liked it
some spoilers alert

I got this book from Amazon. The books is about the youngest boy named Paul who grows up far before his time in my opinion. With a jerk for a father and a mother who loves to coddle him. He is smart and attractive.. Into the book you can see how he is determined to get what he wants no matter rights or wrongs and has an affair with his teacher leading up to her being pregnant and he was only 15!!

While reading this book I had to keep remembering that the main
Becky Cox
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a full length novel. I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

Paul is a twin. He dearly loves his brother Matt. Paul's father Michael is not pleased when the twins are born because Paul has his mother's dark features not the blonde blue-eyed all American look that his father prefers and his twin brother inherited. The bad relationship between father and son progresses badly with horrible results.

Paul finds a way to survive with no help from his father. I love Paul's characte
Anjuli
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
For me this book should get 4.5 stars. I LOVED this book.

Paul won me over immediately with his personality and ambition. He is in a category all his own. What he is going through is a lot for someone at any age, but more so for him since he's only 16-years old. The relationship he has with his siblings, especially his twin brother Matt is one of my favorite relationships that he has. The relationship he has with his mother, uncle, and grandparents is so sweet and amazing compared to his lack of
Kimberley Humphrey
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars for me. It was a lot to take in. Paul is so young for all the things that are going on in his life so it was a bit hard to believe at times although he is quite mature. I have issues with his father & his mother letting certain things happen. The changing view points gave you a good look at what other people were thing but sometimes it made it hard to follow. I did like the idea of the story though & would read what comes next
Dec 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
dnf. ive had this book on my tbr forever and finally gave in and gave it a try not im wishing i didnt. as much as i wanted to love this story after hearing nothing but great reviews im now left wondering if i was reading the same book as them. the writing is told as a 3rd eye something i hate in a book. you cant connect with the characters. i hated the characters they just didnt jump off the pages at me. the story just bugged me and could get into it at all.
Mags
Feb 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Spoiler Alert!

Warning should be required for mothers of teenage boys! This book shocked me & I'm not a prude but sex is for consenting adults, I cringed at the sex between Paul & his teacher!

Having said that I read the whole book & was engaged enough to want to know what happened & will probably read the next book.

It made me question a lot of things?!
Tammy Moody hall
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this is a great book
Kathy
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it
The material made me a bit uncomfortable but it was an interesting story. Those boys needed a smack down and Carmen..please
Lori
Jan 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
So sad-left me hanging

This story sucked me in and then bam, it ended. What happens to Paul, Carmen, and all of the others? So frustrated!
Emma Ramirez
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
awesome book, I can wait to read the follow up... Paul oh Paul is just the perfect guy eventhuogh his age...
Kitty
Apr 03, 2013 rated it liked it
liked the book it kept me in it! but didn't really like the end! left u hanging!!!
Celeste Scarpaci-hutra
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book. My hear broke many times for Paul. I cried, laughed and yelled! I am so looking forward to book two!!!
Brandy
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Huge cliffhanger!! Nothing like a hot Latin twin to get the blood boiling though. Not to bad for a quick read but I hate being left hanging. And Paul's family.. All I can say is what a huge mess!
Margarita
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good read. Paul is something else. If he is this wild as a teenager. I can't wait to read about him as an adult.
Jaime Hupp
Apr 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Some of this book made me uncomfortable. I am interested to see where he next book will lead.
Theresa
Apr 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I really liked this book..... But I needed more & the ending just didn't make sense I'm assuming there are more to follow (hopefully)
Breanna Eichhorn
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
It took me awhile to get into this book. But I'm so glad that I stuck it out. It's a good read. I can't wait to read the next book!!
Aurélie
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED that book.
The characters, the story that is not predictable, absolutely everything about the book (yes, that includes the cover, obviously).
I certainly can't wait for the second book.
Dembie
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book can't wait to read the next one ;)
Nickole Wells
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Got very invested in the characters is there another book? I can't find anything about it
Maria
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book. Different than my other reads. Already reading the next book.
Jo
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved Paul and his struggle with sadness and love - can't wait for the next chapter
Sequel 2 13 Dec 22, 2013 02:25PM

• Sapphire Beautiful (The Club, #2)
  • Sweet Abduction
  • His Sugar Baby
  • MENTOR ME, PROFESSOR
  • After the Loving
  • Teased  (Resisting the Billionaire, #1)
  • Midnight Eternal (Midnight, #2)
  • Craving Caroline (Star Crossed Lovers #1)
  • Her Secret Millionaire
  • Filthy Professor (A Forbidden Student Teacher Romance Novella)
  • No Worries (McCassey Brothers, #1)
  • He Watches Me (The Seen Trilogy, #1)
  • Domination in Pink (Club El Diablo #4)
  • Crescent Bound (Crescent Bound, #1)
  • Never Understand Part One
  • Unwrapped
  • The Warrior’s Pet (Cadi Warriors, #1)
  • The Alpha's Punishment (The Alpha Doms, #1.5)

Jensen Family (3 books)
  • Father & Son (Jensen Family #2)
  • Wayward Son (Jensen Family, #3)