Start by marking “Transylvania 90210 (Elvira, #1)” as Want to Read:
Transylvania 90210 (Elvira, #1)

Transylvania 90210

(Elvira #1)

In her first hairdo-raising adventure, Elvira meets the weirdos next door--a pasty-faced group of coffin-carrying bloodsuckers! Elvira likes vampires as much as the next ghoul. But when they start chomping on her friends, the new creeps on the block receive a little visit--from ELvira's unwelcome wagon. This book begins a new series starring America's favorite glamour ghou ...more
Published November 1st 1996 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Transylvania 90210, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transylvania 90210

Start your review of Transylvania 90210 (Elvira, #1)
Stacy Fetters
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Wow! Elvira, Luke observed, those are some knockers.
Why, thank you, Luke! I blushed, flattered.
Luke shook his head. No, Elvira. Not you. Luke said, pointing to the large wolf’s-head door knockers hanging from both doors."

I love Elvira. She’s the mistress of the dark and a complete badass b**ch!!

This was my first experience reading a book by Elvira. It was exactly like I expected and I really enjoyed it. It took me back to a simpler time and some of those phrases made me laugh because they we
Robert Bussie
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
So far I have read two book written by Elvira aka Cassandra Peterson. I read this book and "Elvira: The Boy Who Cried Werewolf." Both stories are really good in a cheesy B-movie way. I enjoyed reading "Elvira: The Boy Who Cried Werewolf" more, because the humor and setting is more to my liking.

"Elvira: Transylvania 90210" is like a mishmash of characters from the television show Beverly Hills, 90210 and the movie Fright Night. The original movie from from 1985, not the awful remake from 2011. I
Kerri
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Chrissie
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-retro, re-reads
Rating 2.5

My ramblings

Once upon a time, I was 18 and spending my summer in Singapore with my best friend. When you travel, you can't bring books, books are heavy (this is pre-ebook era). Thankfully, I found a tiny used bookstore inside a mall near our hotel where I could stock up on my pool-reading material. One of the books I bought was Elvira, Transylvania 90210.

I remember laughing while reading it. It was campy-fun. I recently found this book in the back of my closet and just HAD to re-re
Trevor
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Eh. It was worth it for the line “how many times have I warned you kids about practicing safe sucks?”
Cari Randa
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Campy, vampy, and a little bit trampy. What more could you want!? All the best cliches of high school with the delightful addition of Elvira as their ally.
AndrewP
Sep 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Added this to my Horror shelf, but it is more of a horror spoof than anything else. Made a nice change.
B
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
What a fun read! It is exactly what you'd expect of Elvira. Total b-list horror worship. A light, entertaining story! Will have to keep an eye out for the other books!
James
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
The campy, goopy, gory tone is really only there at the beginning and end of the book, and the middle has none of the charm, but still quick and enjoyable in a more adult "goosebumps" kind of way.
Max Deacon
May 07, 2019
Paul
Feb 04, 2012
Destiny
rated it did not like it
Nov 15, 2017
May 24, 2011
Mallory
Dec 15, 2014

• The Black Flamingo
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • Stay Gold
  • The Fell of Dark
  • We Are Lost and Found
  • Romanov
  • The Starless Sea
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Queen's Peril
  • Camp
  • Once & Future (Once & Future #1)
  • Love & Other Curses
  • Felix Ever After
  • Sword in the Stars (Once & Future #2)
  • The Music of What Happens
  • Find Me (Call Me By Your Name, #2)
  • Throw Like a Girl
  • Going Off Script

Elvira (3 books)
  • Camp Vamp (Elvira, #2)
  • The Boy Who Cried Werewolf (Elvira, #3)

News & Interviews