Start by marking “Twistical Tales” as Want to Read:
Twistical Tales

Read Book* *Different edition

Twistical Tales

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Welcome to Bisbee, Arizona: where your dreams become nightmares and your nightmares become realities.

Twistical: adjective; Crooked, devious, tortuous, hence perverse, unfair, dishonest. Used in the 19th century, meaning tortuous, unfair, or not quite moral.

Fifteen-year-old Ian Cain has spent the past few years struggling from the statistical American reality of life after
Published December 3rd 2013 by Vandcast (first published November 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Twistical Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twistical Tales

Bandit
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's tough to know what to expect from a book by an unknown author with an unattributed quote on the cover, no reviews, etc. But this was a GR giveaway win, so I figured I owed it a read and review as a thanks to the author. For all those misgivings, it was actually a decent read. I'm not a huge fan of westerns in any shape, but this was ok. Bunch of teens visit a western ghost town in Arizona and become entangled with an evil 162 year old man. It starts off as a sort of morality play about virg ...more
Amanda - Go Book Yourself
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I an his friends become trapped in this twisted mystery when they visit and old ghost town. Things take a turn for the worst and they find themselves trapped in what can only be described as a living nightmare.

This was such a great story it had me on edge the entire time! I really love tales from the old west and ghost stories so this combined the two. I read this late at night while sitting in the dark. The only light coming from the glow of my kindle so it really added to the creepiness of it!
Nicole
One look at my bookshelves and you can see that horror is my favorite genre. Being the seasoned horror fan that I am, I'm a little embarrassed to admit, I had a nightmare after reading this book about a fly being stuck up my nose. (For those who haven't read the book it is relevant but I don't think I'd consider it a spoiler.)I can't even recall the last book that gave me nightmares. It's also been some time since a book has made me cringe. It was very clearly stated in the listing for the give ...more
Luis
(an honest review for my first Goodreads First Reads)

I cannot describe how frustrated I am! I'm so disappointed. Those two stars are just because the book is dedicated to the victims of Typhoon Yolanda.

This book feels like it's written by a kid for his school's creative writing. This is not a horror story. It's not even a bit scary. Maybe in the first few pages, yes, but after few flips of pages, you're just going to frown like hell until your eyebrow muscles hurt. Also, my cheeks were quite red
Edan Marie Esquibel
First and foremost, I'd like to give thanks to the author for this free book via goodreads :) And then, I'd like to thank him, again, for dedicating the book for the victims of Typhoon Yolanda. I'm a Filipino, you have my thanks.

I don't really know if there ever is a formal way to do a book review here in goodreads and I'm to lazy to follow an academic format so I'll just share what I thought while reading it.

-----

I didn't exactly know what to expect and to be honest, horror is not my genre but
P.K. Vandcast
Dec 09, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
Loved writing this book.
Willi
Weird read!!I liked it ok.It was a totally different book than I am used to!!
cathy dixon
  • The Gwousz Affair
  • The Complete Knifepoint Horror
  • Something Wicked
  • Salem in Seance
  • Waiting for Spring (Westward Winds, #2)
  • Veracruz
  • No Map to This Country
  • The Colonial Hotel
  • Seasons of Insanity
  • The Harvest Cycle
  • Splatterlands: Reawakening the Splatterpunk Revolution
  • Psychosis (Wildfire Chronicles Vol. 3)
Join My VIP Reader's Group, and get my first novel, Twistical Tales, absolutely FREE. Just CLICK HERE or go to vandcast.com/FreeEbook/ and get immediate access to your FREE .pdf copy of Twistical Tales.

Van's BIO...

After several years spent overseas in the military, Van now leads a simple life among friends and family, wherever that may lead him; with lengthier stays in southern California, south