Start by marking “Once Upon A Christmas” as Want to Read:
Once Upon A Christmas

Once Upon A Christmas

This Christmas, chill out and cuddle up with these enchanting holiday stories...

Mistletoe and Holly
Accountant Holly Aldridge scrupulously plans everything in her life—until her boyfriend gets spontaneous by dumping her right before Thanksgiving. Still, Holly's sure he'll reconsider, given a little time...and a reason to be jealous. That reason, all six-feet-plus of him, is
Published November 12th 2012 (first published October 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon A Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon A Christmas

Trish
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
This was free ebook download for me and it was chosen strictly for holiday/Christmas reading. It is three short stories/novellas in the romance genre. Both were predictable, light, and totally forgettable.

Mistletoe & Holly - The heroine is not very likeable as she seems rather more enamored of what the guy she wants represents than true love. More than a little boring and hard to feel any sympathy for Holly. Sam is interesting but not developed, and there is no explanation to why he falls f
Maggie
Dec 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked all 3 stories. I loved that the guy in each story was head over heels in love with the girl with none of that "I want to be a bachelor forever" stuff. We ALL know that they will change their minds anyway!
Mandy
Jan 03, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my worst enimies and/or stupid people.
My mom gave me this to have a fluffy read while home for Christmas. The book is a compliation of three short stories, and they were all awful. They were boring and predictable, and the characters were all unlikeable. Blegh.
Book Monitor
This is a box-set of three unrelated stand alone stories. The first is the best of the three, the second was quite weak and the third was ok. All are light, easy reading. The plausibility is stretched a bit, the romance not entirely credible, but told quite well. The tales are set around a Christmas holiday for at least part of the story.
They are enjoyable but ultimately they are transient and won't stick in the mind for long. A good way to while away a few hours in the midst of the Christmas h
Kara
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING HOLIDAY READ

This book is perfect for the Christmas season and any other time of year. It made me smile and laugh and cry, and I've read it multiple times. The stories are exciting, romantic, and hilarious, as well as inspiring. As a HUGE Christmas fan, I really enjoyed this book with a cup of hot chocolate and Christmas music playing inthe background as I read. But holiday fan or not, you'll love this book!
Selina Griffin
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
First story was fine.
Second and third were just absolutely ridiculous with stupid characters who I could not believe would be so stupid.
Also Christmas stories? Only in so much as some stories are August 3rd stories as one of the days in them happens to be August 3rd.....
Arlena

"Once Upon A Christmas" by Lisa Plumley

Book Description.....

Mistletoe and Holly
Rachel
I have read Mistletoe and Holly and really enjoyed it. I'm sure that I'll enjoy the others in this collection just as much when I read them (I finished this Nov. 17 and have gone on to others in my "Christmas collection"....not because I didn't like this book, just to experience other authors.
The review for this: I fell in love with Holly. She was funny, quirky and very "likeable". Lisa did a terrific job with all of the characters. I felt like they were people I knew and could identify with. T
Magpie67
Well the title began like a fairy tale and I love fairy tales.... I also love reading Lisa Plumley. She is a fun, romantic writer with lovable characters. I especially love that the men have untraditional jobs and some are a bit nerdy. Can't go wrong with any of the three stories in this book but my personal favorite was Mistletoe and Holly.
Candice Ellis
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Romantic Holiday Stories

These stories were well written and they each had their own personality. The characters were very realistic and entertaining which made the stories a lot more interesting. The women in these stories have a strong independent personality unlike how some romance novels portray lead female characters.
Joan
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This could be a fairly interesting Christmas story, and although not really a sexually explicit story, it is a very sexually "suggestive" romance. There are three separate stories in this package but I only read the first one because I don't want my Christmas stories to revolve around body chemistry and hard breathing. Bleh!
Diane Gilman
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LIKE IF YOU HAVE TO GET IT WAS GOOD

It's kind of like having a second thought about the book it does give you a lot of insight about affairs and people in love but not for me I like it I gave it a five because I like it that much but it was too long too boring and too much stretched out
Debbie
Dec 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I only got through the first story out of three, which was about 200 pages more than I thought I could last through, just trying to at least finish that one story. It was long and drawn out. I was getting to the point where I was skipping over parts of conversations because they were so repetitive and monotonous. The plotline was not very realistic, and the characters weren't very endearing.
Rhoda Taylor
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Truth wins out

Being honest in the beginning saves a lot of pain later. Planning for the child together would be a very special bonding between two people who really loved each other anyway but didn't want to be the first to admit it.
Rosemarie and Harry Atwood
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Sweet, pure hearted, clean love story. Easy, relaxing reading. Wodefuld recommend reading.

I haven't had time to read a book in a long time. Loved it. Sweet, pure hearted, clean love stories. Easy, relaxing reading. Would definitely recommend reading.
Samanthya Wyatt
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Three good stories

Loved the stories. ESpecially Loved Nick and Chloe as neighbors and best friends who finally get together. I laughed and enjoyed their humor. Took forever for them to admit their love. Great ending.
Marjorie Sapp
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Refreshing

I found these two books very refreshing and hard to put down. The characters and situations they got into very cute and enticing. I loved the characters and the reactions they had to each situation.
Riley Quinn
Apr 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great anthology of short Christmas stories by Lisa Plumley. She has a gift of being able to make you laugh and cry, carrying you on the journey right along with her characters. All three stories were winners.
Barbara Drinkwater
This book actually has three different stories in the one book. I try to read at least one fiction Christmas book during the Christmas holidays and this one didn't my expectations. It moved slow and didn't keep attention. It might have just been me, it wasn't a bad book.
Lori
Dec 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable, light reads.
Marion Galvin
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

Loved book one and three the middle just wasn't my style. But still a good re was d and I love Christmas romance especially at Christmas
Melinda West
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good Christmas stories.

The stories were good. The last one was fantastic. I couldn't quit reading it. I couldn't wait for the end.
Sonia
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Three stories in one. Two were not "clean" romances. Didn't enjoy any of them very much. Oh well.
Doreen
Dec 02, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've been fonder of serial killers than I was of this heroine.
Nita
Dec 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very light christmas fluff. It's very predictable, sweet , m&b style romance.
Victoria
Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Kathy
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
A collection of short stories.....each one was very enjoyable for light reading during the holiday season.
Sandra Lancaster
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Of the three stories I like the first one the best, Mistletoe and Holly and it was just OK in my opinion.
They are fast Christmas novellas to read but I think there are better stories out there.
teresa nielson
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Not to bad

As for short stories go not to bad but in some places were boring and some of the characters need more to them
Kristin
I only read the first story because it was a little on the racy romantic side for me.

• Hope for Christmas (Noel, Montana, #1)
  • Home for Christmas
  • Let It Snow
  • Her Christmas Bonus
  • A Family for Christmas
  • Perfect (Love Series, #1)
  • Mistletoe Magic (Bar V5 Dude Ranch #2; Copper Mountain Christmas #3)
  • Holiday Kisses
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas
  • Forever Christmas
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Bullet Catcher, #2.5)
  • Magic at Macy's
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • Mistletoe and Mayhem
  • Santa Baby
  • Holiday Rush
  • A Very Merry Christmas
  • A Perfect Holiday Fling (Moments in Maplesville, #1)
Best-selling author Lisa Plumley has delighted readers worldwide with more than three dozen popular novels. Her work has been translated multiple languages and editions, and includes contemporary romances, historical romances, paranormal romances, and a variety of stories in romance anthologies.

Her fresh, funny style has been likened to such reader favorites as Rachel Gibson, Susan Elizabeth Phill