Start by marking “Deadly Dining” as Want to Read:
Deadly Dining

Deadly Dining

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  96 ratings  ·  77 reviews
A triple homicide is caught on tape by a professional photographer yet the person or persons responsible and the motive for this grisly crime are a mystery. This is the kind of high-profile murder case that attorney Paula Waters loves but as she tries to unravel the twisted facts a critical witness is murdered and two others disappear. When the trial finally begins and she ...more
Published June 1st 2014 by Top Publications, Ltd.

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Deadly Dining
Joan Mitchell
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-have-won
This is a good murder mystery with lots of people who were suspects. As the book went along more suspects turned up. It kept my interest until the end. The story had several parallel stories, some love interests and the inevitable nosey law partner. I received this book from Goodreads for free.
Sharon
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an interesting but somewhat passionless book, partly because everything is set in the context of a law office where a murder case, a civil suit and a bankruptcy are being handled and partly because of the writing style. Even so, watching the cases spool out was interesting and the reader does learn something about the law. As I often do, I think the book could have done without the sex component of the lawyers' personal lives except in the one situation where it was actually relevant to ...more
Judy Kal
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of Deadly Dining from Voracious readers only.
I'm glad I did.
This was an easy to read crime/court case novel which kept me interested all the way through with its mixture of plots and unexpected twists and turns throughout.
A good read!
Maryclaire
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Maryclaire by: free from Goodreads
I also received this book free from Goodreads.

My first impression was "what is the creepy material the cover is made of?" I had to cover it in saran wrap.

I have never read a William Manchee book before. I found the characters and the three cases they worked on interesting; but did no one edit this book before it was printed? There were errors every few pages. Starting with the very first page where Stan takes his cell phone from his pocket - in 1997 cell phones (actually still called mobile pho
Wanda
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have read every Stan Turner book and have never been disappointed. This book has all the ingredients that make this series great. Intrigue, plot on plot, interesting characters and always a question of what is Stan Turner going to do next. In almost every book, there is something that is left to imagine how the plot will end. So, Mr. Manchee, can't wait until 2015. What will happen to Stan and his wife, his partners and other people that are associated with him. All I can say is, it seems the ...more
Claire Barfell
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book. There were three separate cases, one murder and two civil cases. They were all quite interesting and it was a big surprise about the murder. I felt like I got to know Stan, Paula and Jodie. There was even a side story about Stan's personal life that was really a surprise. I would definitely recommend this series and want to read more of them. I like that it takes place in Dallas, where I live and I can recognize the street names and some of the locations.
Deb Wade
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
If you are looking for a thrilling roller coaster murder mystery this is not the book for you. However, if you enjoy a slow-boiler courtroom drama with some undercover sleuthing, then you have come to the right book. Deadly Dining is the first book of William Manchee's that I have read and the eleventh in a series about a small legal practise with Stan, Laura and Jodie; three attorneys. While the book references a history of the characters and their practise, it can easily be read as a stand alo ...more
Amanda Lillie
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Aleks
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Firstly, thank you to the author for providing me with a free copy of the book via Voracious Readers Only in exchange for a fair review.

The book was infuriating to read, while the story itself was actually good, the editor should be fired.

The writing style was very dry and focused primarily on dialogue, which is not necessarily bad but a lot of dialogues were very robotic (such as specifying 'Parmesan cheese' every time someone mentioned the murders).

There are also many errors, such as wrong
Denise M
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given a complimentry copy of Deadly Dining by William Manchee via Voracious Readers Only.

This book is apart of The Stan Turner Mysteries series (volume 11) which can be read by itself or as a part of the series.

Reading tbe blurb I was curious enough to start reading the book and im glad i did (although im pretty sure I'm going to have to get all the books in the series now to read 😉)

To say the book had twists and turns doesn't sufficiently cover it. It's thrilling, suspenseful and tortured
Julie Barrett
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Dining by William Manchee
This book starts out with Stan bringing Rebekkah home after surgery and the pizza place they had eaten at hits breaking news on TV.
Alternating chapters from each of the two women and Stan himself have cases that each other have tips on how to investigate and I love the input from them all.
Many are in harms way in this book and others try to help and sometimes that puts them in danger also.
So much to this story as more is involved as the investigations continue. Lo
Niharika Sane
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book has 3 separate crimes/stories handled by 3 lawyers who work in the same law firm. The storyline is well-developed and the plot is interesting. The details about practicing law are very well described and there was a lot I learnt about law firms that I didn't know from reading John Grisham. It has a sort of Grisham feel. However, I felt that the book was written slightly like a movie script. Details are important and I like them but some of the details felt forced especially about emoti ...more
Rebecca Hines
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deadly Dining is a compelling murder mystery with side plots that really pull you into the Stan Turner Mysteries world although this Book Is Volume 11 it can be read as a stand alone.

The story really kept me guessing about all 3 cases. The only thing I disliked was the mentioning of previous books within the book, But when I got the book there was no indication that it was part of a series It didn't spoil anything for me though.

Overall it was a great read and I would definitely recommend to any
Prplpckl
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy of this book from Voracious Readers Only via the author. As far as courtroom dramas go, this novel is decent. I appreciated how there were multiple cases and multiple attorneys being followed throughout the story. The characters were often witty and the ending was not altogether expected. My only complaint is the over-sexualization of the characters. This aspect was unnecessary, not particularly believable, and tangential to the main story. I also felt the main characters ...more
Casey Parrott
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. I like how each chapter is separated by lawyer. You could almost read each case on its own. Almost, but not quite. The characters were well developed, and although I have not read any of the other books in the series I didn’t feel left out of the story. I love a good plot twist, and this didn’t disappoint. It was well written. I felt that the author knew his facts. I wasn’t left with the feeling that things couldn’t really happen this way. I would like to read the ...more
Kay Hagan-Haller
Jun 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Courtroom drama

Stan, Paula and Jodie are lawyers who practice various types of law. This one included bankruptcy, civil action and a murder trial. They work together to give their clients the best they can and are pretty successful. My problem was the errors in the names in several places. The wrong name was used for a spouse or witness and it would break the reading rhythm of the plot while you struggled to figure it out. If you enjoy reading courtroom proceedings with a side of excitement, you
Rosie Leask
Feb 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I received a free copy from Voracious Readers Only.
While the story line was engaging, I found the writing style too matter of fact and repetitive. If a reader "watches" a scene unfold, they do not need it repeated in dialogue to multiple other characters. The characters could have been fleshed out a bit more and I found myself getting annoyed at the way the book flowed. In saying that, the way the story unfolded was intriguing and I sat and read it almost in one sitting.
Cas
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book via Voracious Readers Only there are plenty twists and turns that keep you guessing. I found this book a page turner where you really get to know the characters. The author uses very descriptive writing which at times I found a little wordy for my liking but still a good worthwhile read.
Anne
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book aside from the editorial mistakes which I think are the editors fault and not the authors. I felt he did a great job with the story line and characters. Also all the little twists and turns. It kept me guessing till the end. I got the book for free but can't wait to read more from William Manchee.
Joni
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Deadly Dining is an interesting, complex mystery. Full of action, twists and interesting developments, the story moves along quite well. Really liked the courthouse scenes and legal information. The side story about Stan's personal life didn't add to the story in my opinion. Would read other books by this author.
Chez
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was another great novel by William Manchee, the only trouble with it was at times the characters got mixed up, it was the same as the first novel I read by him characters get mixed up. Proof reading needs to be better. But will look out for other novels by this author.
The story keeps you on your toes as you try to work out who done it and why did they do it.
Cair-Paravel De Loulay
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love mysteries. This one a leaning on the legal side of the mystery, including courtroom drama and bad guy distractions. I thought it played through very well and enjoyed it very much. I will read it again and check k out the others as well.

I received a free copy from Voracious Readers Only in return for an honest review.
Shauna Bean
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
A solid legal procedural. Smart & witty with a few good twists if only a bit predictable. Everything was laid out so entirely well and I was truly into each case and how everything developed and then it was over. I felt that the author rushed it all to conclusion. But very interesting case material and court procedure! ...more
Tina
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good book from lawyer point of view. Main story plus side stories about other cases which mold really well within the book. Well written and kept me glued to the pages, didn't want to put the book down!
Shelley O'Donnell
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well defined and eclectic group of characters. A who-done it with twists and turns right until the end!

Enjoyed the ride and am grateful to the author through Voracious Readers Only who gave me a free copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.
Angela Camwell
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I received a complimentary copy from the author via Voracious Readers Oniy and did not know what to expect. A really well written book. Now I have read this one I will be reading other books he has written.
Liz
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Complimentary copy of this book was received through Voracious Readers.

I enjoyed this legal mystery story very much. It was well written and the storyline trotted along drawing me in. Reading the twist and turns in court cases was fascinating and interesting.
Shabibi
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got this book through voracious readers only. Its an amazing read. I liked how the story and characters developed throughout the story. It also added to my knowledge about trial cases, it is written in a manner which is easy to understand.
I will definitely recommend this book!
Pleun Brevet
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an easy to read book about a lawyer's practice and their 3 cases. It was a nice read, but because of the writing style also easy to put away. Not a pageturner like a grisham for instance. But the stories were good and the twists were unforeseen. So I enjoyed it!
Carolyn Angelopoulos
Overall I thought this was good, solid mystery. Good, complete characters and decent plot line. It did seem too long to me, though. As if there was almost too much detail at times and parts that seemed to drag and be harder to get through.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Forbidden Birth (Chris Ravello Medical Thriller #2)
  • Extinction of All Children
  • Retribution (Jason Conrad Thriller #1)
  • Death on the Strip (Death Card #1)
  • One Inner Voice (Alamo City Mystery Book 1)
  • The Career Killer (DCI Mabey Book 1)
  • The Boy Who Dreamt the World (The Daydreamer Chronicles, #1)
  • Ghost Walk (Lacey Fitzpatrick and Sam Firecloud #1)
  • Nobody Move (Angel City)
  • Dark Seed
  • Rebel Without A Clue: The battle of the sexes is quiet but for how long? (Planet Hyman and Beyond Book 1)
  • Gerald Barkley Rocks
  • Finding Miss Write (The Misadventures of Miss Write, #1)
  • A Hare in the Wilderness (Kingdom of Durundal #1)
  • Death Votes Last (Jeff Trask Crime Drama Series, #5)
  • The Dark Web Murders (The Inspector Sheehan Murders #4)
  • A New Prospect: A Sam Jenkins Mystery
  • Eden
William Manchee is an attorney by trade and practices consumer law in Dallas with his son Jim. Originally from southern California, he now lives in Plano, Texas.