Start by marking “JJ's Science Adventure: Magnets” as Want to Read:
JJ's Science Adventure: Magnets

JJ's Science Adventure: Magnets

JJ's Science Adventure is a series of educational comic books designed to help readers to master key learning objectives stated in the Singapore Ministry of Education’s Primary School Science syllabus.

After receiving their birthday presents from their grandfather, Joyce and Jonathon find themselves in possession of two bags which transform into a talking robot (Robo) and a
Published December 2nd 2013 by Harvest Edutainment Pte Ltd

To ask other readers questions about JJ's Science Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about JJ's Science Adventure

Start your review of JJ's Science Adventure: Magnets
A Chew
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
JJ’s Science Adventure: Magnets is the first installment in ‘Aurelia’s Comics for Education’ from Harvest Edutainment (2013; 80 pages; RRP S$18.90/US$17.90). The story is a full-coloured action-packed yarn about two very active children (Joyce, sharp-witted, intelligent and conscientious, brave and resourceful; and her brother Jonathon, sporadically a brilliant and creative genius, but with occasional stunning moments of unclear or absent thinking).

They go on a quest through a mysterious portal
Lorraine Koh
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The colourful illustrations for this educational comic book were very impressive. A story about two kids and their extraordinary adventures, it also teaches kids some fundamental scientific facts along the way. To be honest, some of these facts are probably an eye-opener for some adults. Great for kids!
Elizabeth Doo
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the grandfather! While reading the book I was reminded of what I was taught about magnet during my school days and at the same time was very curious about the outcome of the grandfather and this made me read on until I finish the book. Now I am waiting for the second book to be published.
Elizabeth Sim
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I like this book as it is very interesting and provides the readers knowledge on different scenarios. I really like the part of the book about the alternating grids (red & blue) on the wall. This allows the readers to learn more about the uses of magnets (temporary magnets, normal magnets & electromagnets) while looking at the characters solve each puzzle, which is unlike most books while just tell you the formula. Overall, a very well-made piece of work. I recommend this book to everyone and an ...more
Youmian
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very educational, imaginative and creative book for kids. It also create analyzing and thinking skills too. Story is interesting and it makes readers want to read more. It makes it easier for kids to understand the concept of magnets. Pictures are colourful and attractive. Got this book for my nephew and he loves it.
Stuart Guthrie
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The book Magnets follows the exciting adventure of twins Joyce and Jonathan as they venture into the unknown World of Magnets with their faithful robot companion, Robo.

The book is bound to capture the attention (and imaginations) of students. It is well-written with vibrant cartoons all throughout.
Evelyn
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love adventure stories involving solving puzzles. This book is educational; it teaches me Science at the same time. I have always thought all metals are magnets until I learnt about ferromagnetic materials from your book. You can try to include more activities and a sneak peek on the next adventure. - By Celine, aged 10.
Lim Rong
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
JJ's Science Adventure: A really interesting and educational read! Enjoyed reading the comic and following the protagonists' adventures through and through! It was also easy to go through and it makes learning science fun in an interactive manner as well! I can't wait for the next one!
Apple
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This comic makes it interesting for younger kids to understand and learn about science. The pictures are colourful and attractive to adults nonetheless the kids. If your kid is not into science, this would be what you would be introducing.
Daniel
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended!

Engaging read with real life applications; and formative quizzes towards the end.
Grace Toh
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Colourful. Excellent concept. Bought 2 books for my friends' kids.
Trixie Yi
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book is rather appealing and provides an accurate display of science for younger readers.
Su
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am primary school teacher. I have ordered the books for my pupils.
They like it very much and they could understand the concept of magnets better.
Nice book.
Crispus
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book for children. An effective way of learning
Sutharsan
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: primary school students and their parents and teachers. Maybe even to an imaginative movie producer.
Shelves: science, fiction
It has been a long time since I read a comic book, but curiosity prompted me to pick this one. It was certainly interesting and there were some parts that were really funny. As far as science concepts go, the book certainly has covered a good deal on the topic of magnets for students at a primary level and I dare say maybe a little more than what is required at that level.

There are some parts though that I wish were more coherent. For instance, after Jonathon and Joyce ran away from Mr Sinister
Kylie Tan
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents, educators and all students who like science to be taught in a light hearted way
I am not a fan of manga, comics or physics so when Aurelia Tan first sent me JJ’s Science Adventure: Magnets, I was hesitant to read it. Somehow, last night, I was bored with my usual reading materials, so I decided to peep into the book. It was surprisingly easy to read. In fact, I was drawn to the story right from the beginning. Although the artwork and colours used are not as intense as those of the Marvel characters that I am used to, the illustrator Nicholas Liem and colour artist Steven Li ...more
Priscilla
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There are three reasons why this comic series work:

Strong, relatable characters (my favourite being Joyce)
Entertainment + education (these two factors marry each other perfectly)
Great storytelling + pretty artwork