Start by marking “Exsanguinate (World of Blood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Exsanguinate (World of Blood, #1)

Exsanguinate

(World of Blood #1)

A Halloween scream night theme park adventure for software gaming developer Cheyenne O'Cuinn reveals a hidden supernatural reality she never dreamed existed. Recovering from a vicious attack and her sisters’ abductions, Cheyenne must rescue her sisters from vampiric kidnappers before they’re used to breed warmongering dhampirs.

Betrayal lurks in every corner. Cheyenne must
ebook, First Edition, 304 pages
Published December 9th 2013 by Draconian Publishing - Spirit Imprint (first published December 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Exsanguinate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exsanguinate

Start your review of Exsanguinate (World of Blood, #1)
Cate
Let me get this out there right from the start of my review, I absolutely hated this book! It wasn’t the book itself I despised; it was what it turned me into. As an online gamer, and a casual one at that, I hold no love for those that crow about their access to areas of the game I can only dream about; they like to call themselves the L33T! This book turned me into one of these people, but in the book world, and I loved it. In the pages of this book I was able to experience content that I KNOW ...more
David Watson
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In the world of an online role-playing game anything can happen and for Cheyenne O’Cuinn, a Halloween Scream Park adventure is about to become a supernatural reality. Cheyenne is given the task to watch, record and study fear. Her job is to find out what causes people to run screaming out of haunted attractions while peeing their pants. The three O’Cuinn sisters know horror, they live for horror trivia, and have developed a horror themed online role-playing game called ExanguiNation.

Things are n
Tara
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Warning: This is a book that I sacrificed sleep to stay up reading. As a mom of four children, including a nursing infant, “stayed up all night reading because I couldn’t put it down” is the highest rating I can give a book. If you also have an addiction to well-written, fast-paced, highly entertaining books, you may want to start this one first thing in the morning so you don’t lose *too* much sleep when you find yourself unable to put it down when bedtime rolls around.

Another warning: This is
Julie
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Exsanguinate by Killion Slade is December 2013 Spirit release, a division of Draconian publishing. I was provided a copy of this book by the authors in exchange for an honest review.

I think most people are familiar with the Halloween festivals in theme parks, such as Six Flags. Haunted houses are the biggest draw. Cheyenne O'Cuinn, is a software gaming developer. She and her sisters plan on going to the theme park haunted house. The terror for Cheyenne and her sisters is very real when they are
Lisa
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Exsanguinate is a book about three sisters who run an online RPG community. The Role Playing Game focuses on supernatural beings such as Vampires, Werewolves, and Demons. The book starts off introducing the main characters, all of which are really relateable, but as you get a few chapters into the book you suddenly become hooked on the story line. Suddenly, the sisters realize that supernatural beings are not as fictional as they thought.

The first half the book I was intrigued and kept reading t
Kelly
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Exsanguinate – World of Blood – Book One by Killion Slade made me want to read more. As an avid reader of novels and books about supernatural beings, specially vampires and werewolves, I can say this book is more unique and more interesting than other similar books I’ve read. I love the character development of Cheyenne, the female protagonist. I also love that there are other new supernatural beings included in the story like dragons. The story doesn’t revolve around Cheyenne only, but to the o ...more
Erin yang
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Before anything else, I’d like to note that, as much as possible, this review is spoiler-free. I will emphasize more on writing my opinion about the story, writing, style, etc in general. I can’t promise I will not be mentioning some parts from the book so if you don’t want to continue reading, it’s fine.

As I said, “Exsanguinate” is not your typical young adult fiction and I think the synopsis says it so. Heck, it’s actually one of the reasons why I volunteered to review it and I wasn’t disappo
Victoria
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an opening chapter!!

This novel has a great opening premise three sisters who run a horror based gaming site; Cheyenne is the main narrator however she is scared of all things scary, especially haunted houses! Dakota is her baby sister and basically the wild child. Counter that with Sheridan the older sister, who is the brains of the outfit, stir in lots of love, giggles, a traumatic matriarch death and a kooky father and you have a fabulous set of characters ready to love.

Then the gaming si
Becca Moree
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014

I want to be sure that I say this upfront and get it out there....I downloaded the sample of this book and was hooked from page one!

I heard from some people and reviews that the book was "too scary" or "I just couldn't read it" but guess what?!? Those people are crazy!

While, this book was scary it was also an amazing story! I was addicted and begging for more before I knew what happened! I am going to do my best
Hollie
This book was original, I will say that. Here's my breakdown:

The pros:
* Creative storyline
* Offered as a kindleunlimited
* Paranormal beings galore - you name it and it was in this book. Vampires, werewolves, dragon shifters, demons, so on etc.
* I liked having a taste of the horror genre mixed into this read
* Great book cover

The cons:
* There were some slow and dull periods throughout the plot
* Ended on a cliffhanger and I felt as if there were too many issues left unresolved
* No real romance in
Jessamine Marie
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Exsanguinate - World of Blood - Book One by Killion Slade made me want to read more. As an avid reader of novels and books about supernatural beings, specially vampires and werewolves, I can say this book is more unique and more interesting than other similar books I've read. I love the character development of Cheyenne, the female protagonist. I also love that there are other new supernatural beings included in the story like dragons. The story doesn't revolve around Cheyenne only, but to the o ...more
Amber Mabry
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to genres this type of book is my favorite! I love a great vampire story. The story itself captured my attention and kept it till the very end. It's a prefect story for someone who loves twists and turns.Another great feature about Exsanguinate is how well the author balances the horror with the humor. You don't find that in most vampire stories. I can even relate to the main character, Cheyenne, because I too would risk life and limb to protect and save my own family. Overall, its ...more
Adria
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Chapter by Chapter
Feb 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Exsanguinate: World of Blood by Killion Slade was a story that had me hoping for gore and terror. Something that would keep me up at night…have me questioning the different bumps and thumps in the middle of the night.

And although the story did start off promising (a great intro to the characters and a lead up to the dreaded haunted house), at the midway point, the story went off on a totally different tangent. One from horror to completely supernatural. Not that that’s a bad thing.

The way in whi
Kay Glass
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was not at all what I was expecting, and I mean that in the very best way. Although I picked up this book some time ago, I hadn't had a chance to read it until recently. I'm sorry I delayed doing so! The characters in this book were extremely well developed, and the plot twists were like nothing I expected. The opening scene with the haunted house? I never saw it coming- I thought it was a dream sequence, or perhaps a really amazingly unique haunted house experience that would turn out ...more
Courtney Haas
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
The majority of us like to flirt with fear. As a society, we engorge ourselves in graphic horror movies and horrifyingly intense haunted houses. We seek comfort in running to the nearest exit when we are overwhelmed in fear. Think for a second, what if you could not do that? What if you were trapped inside this insane alter universe and had to claw your way to safety?

This is not your average vampire story. This is something much more intense that bridges the gaps between two fantasy worlds and c
Kristin Dutt
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have to say I honestly impressed with this debut book which I hope becomes a fantastic series. This is book 1 in a series so of course there's a cliffhanger ;) Killion Slade did a very impressive job of creating a fun paranormal world. A bonus for this book is if you were ever a hardcore gamer. So it was quite easy for my to connect to this story. I have myself a AlienWare so yeah gamer here.

I would have enjoy more gore and horror but hey that's just me personally. It kept me reading straight
Patricia
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
Intriguing

Riveting from the first sentence to the last. THIS book and author definitely did not disappoint the book grabs your attention and keeps it. IT will have you rethinking reality and ledgens. I know virtual worlds and fantasy games played throughout computer worlds will definitely be looked and thought of differently by gamers and their avatars. I am hooked can't wait to find Dakota in book 2. Great story line, great romance novel with paranormal thriller love the combination.
I can't wai
Mary Ann
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let Killion Slade pull you into The World of Blood – a world of vampires, dragons, and a host of unforgettable mythological creatures. ‘Exsanguinate’ has something to offer all horror fans, from virtual reality gamers to lovers of all things supernatural. Slade’s heroine, Cheyenne O’Cuinn guides us through the horrors of her online game, ExsanguiNation, into a supernatural reality where blood lust turns a Halloween Scream Park deadly – and Chey’s sisters go mysteriously missing. On a quest to re ...more
Denise Keef
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had read this book back in 2013 when it first came out and learned that book two will be coming out soon so I reread it so I would be ready for it. I absolutely love this story! It once again grabbed me from the first chapter and had me in its spell until I turned the last page! This book is filled with everything good and what I look for in a book. Great characters, a lot of action, a story line that keeps me reading without stopping, those “OH NO” and hold your breath moments and an ending t ...more
M.L. Roos
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting concept, but this story felt overly cartoony for me. It had the elements of a good tale; vampires, werewolves, software designers, and an evil Queen, but it felt flat. I stopped reading three quarters of the way through and read several other books before finishing this one. I really felt no connection to any of the characters and so I did not connect with this. Maybe a teen audience would be better suited for this one.
Amanda Greathouse
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent start.

Not normally the books I read, but it was free. So the beginning started out slow, but soon moved to a fast pace action packed story. I liked that we got to know the sisters, but before the end I already knew the truth about their mother. Not to give anything away, but most people would figure it out middle of the book. Either way I would be looking for the next installment if there is one.
Candi Pilo
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent vampire novel, with some great twists

From the start, Exsanguinate grabs you with a great story line and characters you can easily care about. I thoroughly enjoyed the mixture of "supers" and adored the idea of a family, of sorts, of them working together to save one of their own. I can't wait to read the next installment. Also? The author has a brilliant idea of a Super Market in this book. I hope it's expanded on in another work.
Nikki
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully unique take on the old vampire story

Honestly, I had the hardest time getting through the beginning of this book because the first few chapters were too much in the attempt to create the scene & the offshoot links to more of it?!? No thanks. After the action started, it rarely stopped. There the freshest themes which made the book so unique & I couldn't put it down. On to book 2 in the series.
Jackie G.
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It's a cool twist on a vampire horror, with humour.
There's blood, creatures and love. Three sisters work compiling video games.
Who knew their new game would actually come to life... For real.
Enjoyable read.
Naching Kassa
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Exsanguinate is a very unique read and a truly fun Urban Fantasy. You'll meet vampires, werewolves, dragons, humans, blood demons, dogs and game designers. The book is funny as well as horrifying. Really enjoyed it.
Lynn
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMGS FANTASTIC! If you don't like horror or cant stomach gore then this is not for you!.. This book.. I read the entire thing in 2 nights! Can't wait for part 2 to come! I think only in e format only though..
kelli beard
May 03, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
great book!

it was a seat clenched!!!! can't wait for the other books in this series!!!!! very exciting!!!!!!!! don't know what else to say!!! lol
jhon bravo
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing

love to read , but for its plot
Coffeerequired
Good read

Captivating and completely unrealistic storyline, but couldn't stop reading. I have to admit to enjoying this one and it's quirky characters.

• Dungeon Mauling (The Good Guys, #3)
  • Four: The Loot (The Good Guys, #4)
  • Heir Today, Pawn Tomorrow (The Good Guys, #2)
  • Dukes and Ladders (The Good Guys, #5)
  • Metaworld Chronicles: Vol.1
  • Winged Pursuit (Magical Arts Academy Book 2)
  • First Spell (Magical Arts Academy #1)
  • The Mayor of Noobtown (Noobtown, #1)
  • One More Last Time (The Good Guys, #1)
  • Home, Siege Home (The Good Guys, #6)
  • Witch of the Federation (Federal Histories, #1)
  • Countdown (Reality Benders, #1)
  • External Threat (Reality Benders, #2)
  • Game Changer (Reality Benders #3)
  • Web of Worlds (Reality Benders, #4)
  • Voice of Power (The Spoken Mage, #1)
  • Voice of Command (The Spoken Mage, #2)
  • Simple Things (The Valens Legacy #13)
Killion Slade is an award-winning, Amazon bestselling speculative paranormal fiction author. As a loyal reader of dystopian urban fantasy herself, the apocalyptic genres drew her to become a homesteader, ensuring her family could survive if a world-wide crisis ever occurred and washing machines disappeared.

When not writing, she can be found raising chickens, geocaching, making soap, growing thing

World of Blood (2 books)
  • Obfuscate - A Paranormal Urban Fantasy (World of Blood, #2)