Start by marking “Sorrow's Fall (The Bringer of Sorrow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sorrow's Fall (The Bringer of Sorrow, #1)

Read Book* *Different edition

Sorrow's Fall

(The Bringer of Sorrow #1)

Emotions are a liability for an assassin. As a telepath, sixteen-year-old Sorrow is assailed by his target’s fear and desperation as he closes in for the kill, the voices of his victims haunt him day and night. In defense he has learned to shut off his own emotions…Until he meets her.

Sarin is as powerful as she is beautiful, but there is something terrifying about her—some
Published December 7th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Sorrow's Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorrow's Fall

Crystal
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of Sorrow’s Fall for an honest review and I can honestly say that I loved every bit of it. Davonne Burns thrusts you into a world fighting for power over the galaxy. Thrown into the middle of it all is Sorrow, a boy who possesses a gift that everyone wants to get their hands on. He is a weapon. An assassin bred to kill. Nothing more. Or…at least that’s what he believes.

From the beginning I felt a strong connection with this character. I felt for him when he was sad or hurting
Ash
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This novel is absolutely brilliant. It holds you tight and never lets you go. Novel grips the reader tight and you're left breathless. I couldn't set it down and read it in an entire night. My heart ached and I felt like I was left wondering, "What do I do now?"

I look forward to more works by the author and to see where the story of a boy name Sorrow leads. It can't be all that unpleasant... right?
Athena Brady
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Davonne weaves a sci fi adventure that will touch you deeply. All writers have strengths and Davonne’s is the simply the way she imparts emotions to the reader, She is a master at getting into the head of her character and making you feel a connection with them. She gives nothing away, as she effortless leads us through the plot. Presently you with endless twists and turns you did not foresee.
I was swept away on the author’s imagination to a distant land were our nightmares reside. A cruel place
Jill
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trained from birth, Sorrow is an assassin that is on everyone’s list in a galactic struggle for power.

***
In her first novel, author Davonne Burns’ fast paced, multifaceted action science fiction tome tells the tale of Sorrow, an emotionally crippled, psychic boy assassin. Yearning for love and acceptance, he is physically abused, emotionally bullied and psychically controlled with advanced technical devices by the Barendi clan. He is a pawn in the fight between the clan, various governments and
Claire
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
of course it was awsome n cant wait for a sequel :D , think ive read it 2 or maybe 3 times now i kinda forget hehe but defo worth a read :P
Leo Karakolov
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just as engaging the second time.

I loved Sorrow's Fall the first time I read it, falling pretty deep into its immersive world of galactic corporations, syndicates, and other things, some of which I didn't expect to see in a sci-fi story.

The first time I read it in its paperback format, but I wanted to see what the book would be like in its original incarnation, as an eBook.

I enjoyed myself pretty much the same as last time. What's striking is how emotional this story is, and I missed a few of
Angela Geske
Aug 26, 2016
Gina
Jan 05, 2014
Antonello
rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2017
Christiane
Dec 13, 2013
Linda Todd
Dec 13, 2013
  • Fire Light (Trinity of Mind, #1)
  • Masters of the Veil (The Veil Trilogy #1)
  • Tribesman
  • Taming the Elements (Elwin Escari Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Harvest
  • The Traitor's Heir (The Knight of Eldaran #1)
  • The Wizard from Earth (The Star Wizards Trilogy, #1)
  • The Wand-Maker's Debate
  • Invincible (Invincible #1)
  • Powers (The Bladesmith, #1)
  • The Arrival (Burden of Conquest, #1)
  • The Shaman's Curse (Dual Magics, #1)
  • The Nine Keys of Magic
  • Shard Knight (Echoes Across Time, #1)
  • An Unexpected Apprentice (Tildi Summerbee, #1)
  • Fire Games (Pyforial Mage Trilogy, #1)
  • Soulguard (Soulguard #1)
  • Dragon Fire
Having learned to read by age four, Davonne hasn't stopped since. At age seven, they read The Yearling and learned something wonderful, books were populated by real people in real places. They never went back to the kids section again.

Their mother, recognizing the need for more substantial reading material, introduced them to Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov and Jules Vern. Thus a life-long love of scie