Start by marking “David: 90 Days with A Heart Like His” as Want to Read:
David: 90 Days with A Heart Like His

David: 90 Days with A Heart Like His

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  456 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Best-selling author Beth Moore has an undeniable gift for insightful Bible character studies. Millions have been drawn to her inspired lessons, and the media has called her “America’s Bible teacher.” The PERSONAL REFLECTIONS series reintroduces Beth’s most-loved books, expanding them into 90-day experiences that include most of the text from her original work, thoughtful q ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by B Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about David, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about David

Feb 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this study on David. Beth Moore has a way of drawing out insights from passages that I just read straight through because they are so familiar to me. David was an incredible man, both in his times of sin and his times of obedience. He swings from one extreme to the other, much more than most of us do, but there are some valuable lessons to be learned from his life. I recommend this book.
Nov 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
I've done David studies before. 1 & 2 Samuel are actually some of my favorite books of the Old Testament. This is a good, quick daily study. I always like Beth Moore's perspective and way she ties historical facts to help you realize and apply Old Testament truths to living in today's world.
Ruth Barrineau-brooks
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome study of David's life. I learned SO much!
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of the history portrayed in the Old Testament
Recommended to Patricia by: daughter
David: 90 Days with a Heart Like His
I can see why God loved David so much. Even though David was a sinful man, he always recognized his sin, repented, and asked for forgiveness. He was obedient to his LORD. This book is supposed to be a 90 day devotional, but it took me 180 days to get thru it. Beth skipped chapters in the books of Samuel, so I had to go back and read them, write a synopsis in the notebook for personal clarity and a timeline. I wrote Biblical summaries of skipped chapters, quote
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I enjoy both Beth Moore's in depth studies and the devotionals. I use this as a great way to start my day and get into my prayer time. If you are looking for a study to do, keep in mind this is more a devotional type daily workbook/journal than one of her in depth series like the Daniel study. I highly recommend it though. It's great to look back through the journal and see how God has already moved in my life.
Dec 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Beth Moore study and I really enjoyed it. There is a lot to learn from the characters of the Bible and David is no exception. I remember feeling a strong desire to worship with abandon after having gone through the study of David, he was an extraordinary man.
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It's a toss up between this 90 day journey with Dave and the 90 day journey with Paul as to which I enjoyed more. The format is excellent and helps me to gather my thoughts on the topics discussed.
Ashley Calvert
Apr 05, 2009 rated it liked it
This is just a taste of Beth Moore's potential. I felt at times the devotionals were a little too simple and short, but obviously this is because it's a devotional book, as opposed to an actual Bible study.
Aug 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: god-and-faith
This is an awesome introduction to studying with Beth Moore. Very interactive and yet very manageable in assignments.
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved
I preferred the more in depth workbook to this one. But this format is nice for a quick bible study!
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I learned about about David's heart and his love for God.
Lee Anne
Jul 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Enjoyable study to work through. A beautifully-bound journal book. Great accompanied by Swindoll's David also.
Sep 10, 2011 marked it as to-read
I decided NOT to read now, as I am reading the other David book by her and this is basically the same book, just broke down into 90 days. I did think that they would be different.
Stevie Booth
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great religious book me and my husband did it together as a Bible Study in the morning then we prayed though our day together.
David had his warts
Magan (Rather Be Reading)
I didn't love the format of this study as much as the videos. I'd prefer to see and hear beth talk instead of trying to do it all on my own.
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Did this study in a women's small group a few years ago. Still remember it being a very impactful study.
Joyce Banks
Jul 20, 2011
  • Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study of David: Member Book
  • Come Away My Beloved
  • Lord, I Want to Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God
  • Becoming a Contagious Christian Live Seminar: Participant's Guide: Communicating Your Faith in a Style That Fits You
  • In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark
  • The Macarthur Study Bible: New American Standard Bible
  • Experiencing the Heart of Jesus: Knowing His Heart, Feeling His Love
  • Slow Fat Triathlete: Live Your Athletic Dreams in the Body You Have Now
  • Really Bad Girls of the Bible: More Lessons from Less-Than-Perfect-Women
  • A Place of Quiet Rest: Finding Intimacy With God Through a Daily Devotional Life
  • Safe in the Arms of God: Truth from Heaven About the Death of a Child
  • Becoming a Titus 2 Woman
  • The Mind of Christ: The Transforming Power of Thinking His Thoughts
  • What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways
  • Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be: A 90-Day Guide to Living the Proverbs 31 Life
  • The Joy of Signing: The Illustrated Guide for Mastering Sign Language and the Manual Alphabet
  • Catching Fireflies: Teaching Your Heart to See God's Light Everywhere
Beth Moore has written many best–selling books and is a dynamic teacher and a prolific Bible–study author whose public speaking engagements take her across the United States to challenge tens of thousands. Beth is focused on teaching women all over the world and is known and respected wherever she goes. She is a dedicated wife and mother of two adult daughters and lives in Houston, Texas, where sh ...more
More about Beth Moore...

$7.24 $1.99
  • Priceless: How I Went Undercover to Rescue the World's Stolen Treasures
  • Decoded
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Man Called Intrepid: The Incredible True Story of the Master Spy Who Helped Win World War II
    $14.99 $1.99