Start by marking “3 a.m. (Henry Bins #1)” as Want to Read:
3 a.m. (Henry Bins #1)

3 a.m.

(Henry Bins #1)

The average person is awake for sixteen hours a day.
Henry Bins is awake for one.
He wakes up each day at 3 a.m. then falls asleep at 4 a.m.
Life is simple.
Until he hears the woman scream.
And sees the man leave the house across the street.
But not just any man.
The President of the United States.
Published October 8th 2013 by Alex Tooms Inc.

To ask other readers questions about 3 a.m., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 3 a.m.

Start your review of 3 a.m. (Henry Bins #1)
Becky
OK... so here's the deal. I think that this story could have been pretty damn good if it wasn't so ridiculous.

Let me elaborate.

First, come the fuck on. The President isn't going to murder anyone. Alright, alright... I'll rephrase. The President isn't going to murder anyone himself in person and leave witnesses. He's got people for that kind of thing. Heck, there are probably any number of guys who know guys who know guys who would gladly do the thing for $50 bucks and a couple of pulled
Rizwan
Whoa, I don't remember the last time I read such a creative, refreshing, genuinely original thriller! You have to solve a murder mystery where you saw President of the US himself leaving the murder scene, but you don't have anything to prove his involvement. You have ONLY ONE HOUR of each day to investigate it, because you have a freaky condition where you can only be awake for a single hour from 3 to 4 AM in a whole day... Not to mention, you yourself are quickly becoming the main suspect to ...more
Nancy Steinle gummel
3 A.M. by Nick Pirog is a nifty short story with a very peculiar slant. It is about a fellow named Henry Bins who suffers from Henry Bins syndrome. Two other people in the world have it. It's named after him as the first diagnosed with it. He sleeps 23 hours every day. He wakes up at 3 A.M. every day for an hour. He measures his time in minutes. If he's not in bed by 4 he collapses where ever he is. This would be a neat book just about Henry but there's a crime added to it. Just before he ...more
Rumana Nasrin
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have become a BIIIIIIGGG fan of the author!! He has a incredible ability to make the reader finish this book first and do every other thing later, literally! The plot and the twists! Full marks from me!
Note: I loved this book so much that I started narrate the story to our Big Boss, Managing Director of The University Press Limited!! :)
Geri Reads
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic ride that was!

Full review to come. I need to hunt some Benedict Cumberbatch gifs to go with my review. Laters!!

Kindle freebie at the moment...http://www.amazon.com/3-m-Nick-Pirog-...
Nusrat Mahmood
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.8 actually! A good thriller for a 100 page book but I think it's over hyped! okay 3 a.m fans, curse me now!
S.M. West
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 ACTION PACKED, TIME CRUNCHED STARS

"My life is measured in grains of sand, trickling from one teardrop to the other."

description

This was a really fun read. It amazes me how the author was able to provide a really intriguing thriller into this short little number. The story was original given the MC, Henry Bins, has a rare condition named after him that has him awake for only one hour (3-4 a.m.) everyday. One night, he hears a scream and sees a man leaving and then later learns, a woman is dead.

So,
Linda Strong
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Henry Bins has a disease that has been named after him. It's rare and there is no cure. He wakes up every morning at 3 AM. He stays awake for exactly one hour and then falls back to sleep for the following 24 hours. So Henry has to cram a lot into his 1 hour per day.

He's had this disease since he was a child, so managing his stock portfolio, running for exercise, eating, reading, all the normal things that you and I do every day has become his normal.

That is ... until the early morning hours
Zoeytron
We all complain that there isn't enough time in the day to do everything we want and need to do. Now, what if that time was whittled down to only one waking hour each day? How would you budget your time? We watch Henry Bins as he struggles to fit everything in - 7 minutes on the internet, 10 minutes to continue watching Game of Thrones (love it!), 3 minutes reading, etc. He also needs to eat, shower, exercise, and whatnot.

This was a fun and quirky little diddy I found as a freebie for the
Nazrul Islam
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's good . just 100 page but it has all kind of suspense. it's really amazing how writer encapsulate all kind of stuff in just 100 page . love it
Moumita Hride
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
of course, it was a good shot thriller..... the main attention in this book was a medical condition patient who only wake up for 1 hour a day and in this short amount of time he investigate a murder mystery ... but this not an ordinary murder mystery.... this case involves the American president as a murder? now the question is, was president actually murdered or not!!

( i like the Translation... সালমান হক did quite a good job)
Abha
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This was a treat! For such a short book, the plot was complex and interesting. Twists and turns throughout. An incredibly unique concept. I completely recommend this book to all mystery thriller fans. It's free on kindle Amazon.
Carolina
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very original story...!!
You don't know what to expect next!!
Cindy
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I see some people complaining about how unrealistic this book is and how could someone only be awake for one hour of a day. He has a sleeping syndrome where he is awake only from 3-4 a.m. His cat acts like a dog, even the calculating the distance from D.C. to Vegas and how could he not pee all day without a catheter.

Why pick on things in this book? Do you also complain about books with zombies, wizards, ghosts? How about the sparkling vampires that everyone went crazy for awhile back? Are all
Gulzar Choudhury
3:00am, a distinctive thriller novella about the protagonist, Henry Bins who's suffering from some awkward sleeping disorder that allows him to stay awake only for one hour per day (i.e. from 3am-4am) for his entire life. He seems to be enjoying this life at its best until one day some sort of screams of a woman from his neighborhood reaches him. She's found dead in her garage next day and Henry gets suspicious about the involvement of President of U.S. who's seen loitering near the crime scene. ...more
Sami Choudhury
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good read. Not a very fast paced thriller, but the book can push a reader to finish it. The character of Henry Bins has been portrayed cleverly. Henry Bins Syndrome is a new concept and very nicely written.

The lead character Henry Bins has got a medical condition of over sleeping. He sleeps 23 hours a day and awake only for 1 hour. 3 AM to 4 AM. One day while Henry was awake he heard a scream of a girl from a house nearby. After the scream he saw a guy came out from the house and the guy is
Joan Szechtman
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Henry Bins has a sleeping disorder named after him. Henry sleeps 23 hrs a day and is only awake from 3 to 4 a. m. regardless of the time zone. So in order to have any kind of life, he has to regiment his time very carefully—every second counts. Then one day, his life is turned upside down when he hears a woman scream from the apartment across from his. When he goes to investigate, he finds a dead body.
Despite the improbability of Henry Bins and his disorder, I found it very easy to suspend my
Kath Middleton
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The premise of this short story is that its protagonist suffers from an extremely rare complaint - so rare that it's been named after him - Henry Bins. This results in him spending only one hour per 24 awake. Imagine how precious each minute is if you only get 60 a day. This leads to an interesting story in which Henry - with his adopted cat, Lassie, solves a murder mystery. I enjoyed this story, though it took up only half of the book. I really hate teasers, free chapters, etc. However, as the ...more
Kathrine
Jul 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, novella
Definitely a fun read! Good twists and turns along with an unusual premise. Yes, it required a bit of suspended disbelief, but who cares. At 80 or so pages I'm not expecting John LeCarre or even Robert B Parker. I just want to be entertained. This book more than accomplished that.

Oh and the main character had complete conversations with "his" cat. That alone was enough to make me like the story (because I never do that).
Afrin Soshi
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
as good as mysterious..
Nenette
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
The plot is good, but the author did not do much reality check.

Firstly, I couldn't believe that someone with such a sleeping disorder (awake only from 3 to 4 AM) can function as described - eats, exercises, reads, watches movies/TV series, trades in the stock market, etc. I mean, wouldn't one who is asleep 23 hours a day at least develop muscle atrophy?

Secondly, Henry Bins' social skills is something for the books, given that his interactions were limited to those with his father and those
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
I wasn't a fan of this story unfortunately. The main character just seemed clueless! okay, he'd only been awake for 1 hour a day for his entire life, but I would expect him to know not to take evidence from a crime scene, and definitely not to take it home with him!

The line on the cover of this book also bugs me, this ' 1 hour... to find a killer' - he didn't do it in one hour at all! He spent several days trying to freaking figure things out, and even then he relied on people confessing to
Megan
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book read sort of like a teen boy's wet dream. Two stars because of the cat. Otherwise (on top of the cat?) it was pretty absurd.
Jacqueline
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OHHHH!

spicy! I'm gonna have to keep my eyes on this guy right here...not one to be messed with! Gotta get to the next book, and fast!
Aoibheann { ⊱Aoibh Reads⊰ }

3 STARS!!!

SPOILER-FREE

Review originally posted on Aoibh Reads

Henry Bins suffers from a condition named after him. He sleeps 23 hours a day and only wakes up at 3:00am for one hour only. But one day he hears a scream from across the road and sees The President leave the house.

After realising the woman has been murdered, Henry's main suspect is The U.S. President. But can he discover the truth with only being awake for 60 minutes?

And what happens when he too, comes to be on the list of suspects?
Terri
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
The neat thing about Goodreads is that I've met a whole lot of ppl who like a whole lot of different book genres. Some like a good Thriller, some like a laugh out loud funny book & then there are those who love a good Murder Mystery. But when you roll all of those together, you have "3 a.m.", the newest book on MY Top Ten!!

"Day old lasagne is like memory foam." & "He's not dumb. To be dumb, he would have to be much smarter," are only a taste of the random & FUNNY words from a man who
вяαт
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: freebies
Henry Bins has Henry Bins - a disorder where he sleeps for 23 hours and is only awake from 3 to 4 a.m. He lives his life minute to minute and one night when he's getting ready to go back to sleep, he hears a woman scream. When he goes to look out the window he sees Connor Sullivan - the President of the United States - leaving the building across the street.

Mystery wise, I really enjoyed this. Even the weird disorder that he has, I could tolerate. I really couldn't get over how stupid he was,
Erin
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting little novella about Henry Bins, who has Henry Bins, a syndrome named for him. He is awake only one hour per day, always from 3 a.m. to 4 a.m., then he just shuts down. And he may have witnessed a murder (of all the damn dumb luck, right?).

Setting aside the scientifically difficult premise this was actually OK. Henry is a cool guy, takes life as it comes, is kind to animals and really lives his life to the fullest....in one hour increments (I love how he is watching "Game of Thrones"
Nancy Brady
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
This was a freebie through Book Bub, and it was worth every penny and then some.

Henry Bins has a rare disorder that allows him one hour of wakefulness a day. His time awake is from 3:00AM to 4:00AM; the rest of the twenty-three hours is spent sleeping in a coma-like state. Yet, in his hour, he does it all including solving a murder of a neighbor woman. When he hears the scream of a woman, he investigates making himself a person of interest. But if he didn't do it, who did? The President?

In the
Bandit
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining murder mystery novella about a man with a very unusual disorder. Sort of like Rear Window for whatever the opposite of sleep deprived is. The murder mystery aspect of it was actually just ok and kinda far fetched on occasion, but the writing was very dynamic (as you'd expect if you only had one hour of awake time a day, well night technically), the characters likeable and there was a very charming sense of humor throughout. Looks like Pirog is going to be serializing this guy, ...more
2015 Reading Chal...: 3 a.m. (Henry Bins Book 1) by Nick Pirog 1 7 Jun 24, 2015 07:09AM

• রবীন্দ্রনাথ এখানে কখনও খেতে আসেননি
  • ভেন্ট্রিলোকুইস্ট
  • নিখোঁজকাব্য
  • আমি তপু
  • আদর্শ হিন্দু হোটেল
  • নেমেসিস
  • Cleopatra
  • নিশীথিনী (মিসির আলি #2, দেবী #2)
  • মাতাল হাওয়া
  • বাদশাহ নামদার
  • দেবী (মিসির আলি #1, দেবী #1)
  • দেয়াল
  • প্যারাডক্সিক্যাল সাজিদ
  • বৃষ্টির ঠিকানা
  • অপেক্ষা
  • বহুব্রীহি
  • তিন গোয়েন্দা (তিন গোয়েন্দা, #১)
  • নেক্সাস

Henry Bins (7 books)
  • 3:06 a.m. (The Lassie Files Book 1)
  • 3:10 a.m. (Henry Bins #2)
  • 3:17 a.m. (The Lassie Files Book 2)
  • 3:21 a.m. (Henry Bins #3)
  • 3:34 a.m. (Henry Bins #4)
  • 3:46 a.m. (Henry Bins #5)
“I guess we'll have to get you a Taser too.” Meow. “No, I'm not getting you a knife.” Meow. “We'll discuss this when I get back.” 10 likes
“Receding gray hair running as fast as possible away from a big shiny forehead. A” 1 likes