Start by marking “Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)” as Want to Read:
Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)

Seventh Grave and No Body

(Charley Davidson #7)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  20,911 ratings  ·  1,776 reviews
Twelve. Twelve of the deadliest beasts ever forged in the fires of hell have escaped onto our plane, and they want nothing more than to rip out the jugular of Charley Davidson and serve her lifeless, mangled body to Satan for dinner. So there’s that. But Charley has more on her plate than a mob of testy hellhounds. For one thing, her father has disappeared, and the more sh ...more
Published October 21st 2014 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Seventh Grave and No Body, please sign up.
Amy Haborak
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  20,911 ratings  ·  1,776 reviews

Ferdy
Spoilers

Not sure what to think of this instalment, there were parts I loathed with a burning passion and there were also parts I really enjoyed. The main thing I hated about Seventh Grave was Charley, she was beyond insufferable, I actually felt a tiny bit sorry for Reyes for having to put up with her (and I bloody hate that guy). What I loved were the side characters, the little hell-related mysteries that were going on and the Charley Davidson world in general. Also, it was quite a fast and e
Jilly
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yay! Charley isn't all depressed and PTSDish in this book. I like happy crazy Charley! I like how she names everything. BEEP!!! How fricken cute is Beep?!!!!

So, in this book, we are mainly dealing with hellhounds. There are 12 and they are trying to kill Charley. Also, they are invisible, huge, with sharp claws and teeth, and inhumanly fast. Very scary stuff!

We also have Charley's annoying old friend haunting her in ghost form. She never shuts up and complains to Charley day and night about bein
*~*~~*~reading~**~till~**~forever*~~*~*

description

Holy shit! This means that the world won't end with book six! Ahhhhh, this is so exciting! We get to experience perfection for a while longer! And holy molly, that title! Seventh Grave and no body.... it sounds so freaky! I can already picture everyone running around, trying to escape....

description

kicking some major demon and evil human butt...

description

and discovering life-altering secrets that will rock their world...

description

And of course there will be more Charley and Reyes! *sighs happily* This couple is going to be th
Krystin Rachel
I don't like pregnant Charley.

Babies ruin everything. There I said it.

So, in this instalment we follow our hero (sans coffee, the horror!) as she balances running from the 12 hell hounds sent to kill her, trying to solve a Friday The 13th style mystery, testing her growing abilities, learning more about whether she's going to save or destroy the world as per the big ole prophecy, dealing with being pregnant with Beep, and of course, delving deeper into her dysfunctional relationship with Reyes.
Jane
Well, this instalment was slightly better than the last -- at least some of the loose ends got tied up. But OMG. Could Charley have been any dumber in this one?

The snark was still there, but what the heck is up to running into danger despite the known risks to herself and others??? This is probably more of a 3.5, but I just can't bring myself to round up for this one.

description

Badass Female Character Score 3/5 -- Most of these points are for Cookie. I don't like stupid-Charley.
Heather
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-time-faves
This needs to be out. What is with all these insane endings that I feel the need to go out, find me a Dealer and trade my soul just to have a copy of this book...Just kidding I wouldn't that. ...... This is going to be a long wait isn't it?
Robin (Bridge Four)
Charley often reminds me of the Dogs on UP
 photo squirrel_zps1b895b18.jpg

She is so ADHD that it she often goes on a tangent and can’t seem to take anything seriously. I love that about her! Her off the wall remarks are quick and quippy and quirky probably other Q words too.
She stopped riffling and leveled one of her infamous glowers on me. It rivaled my own infamous death stare and was a thing to behold, especially when her top lip twitched, as it did now. I’d have to add that to my death stare. I could twitch. No, wait, I
MissBecka
This one was a little more depressing than the previous books.
Hopefully the series turns upward again soon.
♥Rachel♥
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 Stars

Another great installment and I'm loving Reyes more and more with every book. The only drawback to me is Charley constantly rushing off to danger with no backup. Her reckless behavior was annoying, and she has more to think of than just herself now. Other than that, I was cracking up as usual!

The audio versions of this series are flat out amazing! Lorelei King delivers Darynda Jones' humor with impeccable timing!
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Charley's up to her usual antics and bouts of craziness but this time, she has an unofficial bodyguard following her every move whether she likes it not. Good thing she likes him!

Finally, finally, Charley is getting some Reaper education and making strides with her abilities. It's been a long time coming. And people are starting to be forthright with her and that's a big help.

Believe it or not, she actually gets some answers out of Reyes as well. And he's even pushing her to work on her powers.
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

*** Review may contain spoilers for previous installments in series. ***

Charley Davidson is back for her seventh round of cray-cray situations, murder n' mayhem, and grim reaper pandemonium, only this time her snark is the sole weapon in her arsenal because she has to do it all sans caffeine. Fortunately for her, she has a strong crew of secondary characters at her back, and in this installment she's going to need every single one of them! This audiobook was emotionally
Choko
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved the book, I love the series and I get a total kick out of Charley! This book had the requisite mystery of the week, some sexy time, although honestly that part is my last favorite in the CD series, some more information on Charley's powers and purpose, danger! Her personality is charming, exhilarating, annoying and exasperating all at once! How can anyone help but enjoy all of that goodness?!!?

Having said that, I am tired of Reyes and his legendary sexyness! The author attempts at times
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
This being the seventh installment in the Charley Davidson series, there really isn’t much left to say that hasn’t been said already. Fans of the series already know what they’re signing up for, and those of you who have yet to meet Charley and Reyes… who are you and what are you even doing here, folks?

When First Grave on the Left (or Right, I can never remember that) first came out, I didn’t think Darynda’s wonderful sense of humor would last. Sometimes things that are funny in the beginning en
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
Yayyy! I won the audio book on Hot Listens and I've never listened to audio books before, so this should be fun :D!

***REVIEW***

This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

“Charley Davidson, Private Investigator, Because No One Is Better At Investigating Your Privates.”

I had high hopes for the 7th installment in Charley Davidson series, especially after that glorious ending of the previous book and I was super-excited when I won the audio book on Hot Listens Blog.

My expectations about th
Hollis
I think had I just read the CliffNotes summary of this series, even that would've felt OTT. Because wow I don't even know how we're at this point with so many books still to go.

This book (or maybe it's the series? and it's characters?) exhausted me. Charley was going through caffeine withdrawal headaches and I was right there with her. Granted mine might be more the head cold variety but still. There was added pain and I'm just tired.

Charley always seems to test the patience of those around her
Douglas Meeks
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Where to start with this one as much new stuff is injected and questions unanswered as ones from last book that were answered. This seems to be heading for a big finale someplace in the next few books so it is almost becoming a very involved serialized story and kinda has a big finale getting lined up out there in a future book.

WARNING!!!!! If you have NOT read Sixth Grave on the Edge then STOP reading, this will be a spoiler that you don't want to read.

Now that I have your attention I should me
Dana Alma
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-series
Darynda Jones can lead me into temptation any day of the week! Seventh Grave delivers an assortment of memorable and vivid characters, the kind that keep speaking to you long after the book has ended. Charley and her entourage will surprise readers with witty banter and the unknown. Seventh Grave and No Body is never predictable, there's not one dull moment to be found in Charley's world. If you are a reader with a love for plot twists, Darynda Jones delivers time and time again. The main charac ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
The impending war that has been prophesied has really started to ramp up in this series. I wish I had taken notes from the beginning. We are learning so many new pieces to the puzzle. The author is doing a really good job of dropping information in previous books that become more relevant in later books. I'm actually in awe with how the author is tying everything together.

Cases Charley have been tasked with in this book are:
-FBI agent Carlson asked for Charlie's help with an unsolved case of a
Shannon

I understand now why people were rating this one lower than the rest. WAY too much going on even though it felt like NOTHING was going on, a ridiculous amount of repetition (say "affianced," ONE more time, Charley), and I felt beaten over the head with "I need to protect you more than ever, don't go off without me, Charley" from Reyes while wanting to beat IN Charley's head every time she jumped at the chance to go off by her own and put herself in danger.

Disappointing.
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
I wasn’t supposed to read this book, I didn’t want to read it. The last instalment in this series disappointed me so much I wasn’t even going to bother with Seventh Grave. BUT curiosity got the best of me and I just couldn’t resist it, I just HAD to find out whether I should give up on Charley, Reyes and the rest of the clique.

Well, I am SO GLAD I didn’t give up on them! This has to be the best instalment in the series so far. It’s absolutely hilarious (with one ROFL line after another), exciti
Robin (Bridge Four)
4.5 I might need some ritalin Stars

************No Spoilers***********

Charley often reminds me of the Dogs on UP
 photo squirrel_zps1b895b18.jpg

Desinka
May 23, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a fun installment from a series that I've always enjoyed but has never been a favourite. I felt it was less exciting than the previous book or two and I almost completely lost interest around the middle. Then the action picked up a bit and the book was almost back to the normal 4-star level.

No idea why, but marriage and talk of babies make heroines and heroes mushy beyond recognition and plot developments too cheesy for my liking. So half a star is down for that.

★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
I'm done with this series. It's just not what I used to love about it. This book was just the last straw I needed to finally admit it and call quits.
Liz* Fashionably Late
I already know I'm going to hell.
At this point, it's really go big or go home.
— T-SHIRT

It takes no effort from me to read Charley Davidson's books. I've learnt not to ask much of them. Whenever I'm in a bad mood or some shit happens in my life (this is such a lame thing to say, I know) I just read these books and next thing I know I'm laughing my ass off. They're like crack, honestly.

"I'm like crack. People don't want to like me, but once they get a taste, they always come back for more."

Se
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Shit Just Got Real in Seventh Grave and No Body. Charley is hunted by demons, stalked by the Vatican, solving suicide mysteries and by God; she is now a recovering caffeine-aholic while keeping her snark. All that, and she still manages to keep a man like Reyes. Charley Davidson is my hero.

Charley gets stronger and stronger in each installment of this series but in this book, she improved not only in strength but her skills. I think she’s getting the hang of things when she’s not thinking so h
missEvi [can't commit to a book]

I find it easy to like a fictional character. If the heroine is confident, smart and funny I would, most of the times, like her. Let’s not talk about heroes, because I am a book-slut Loving her is another deal. She has to have that extra something, that I can not actually explain even if I try. I want chemistry. That’s the case with Charley. What can I say? We click. At least we clicked until the sixth book. I can safely say, that our love is being tested. Not because our chemistry is over but b
Samantha

Another knockout from Jones! I love this series so much, and this one didn't disappoint!

I do feel like this one focused more on the paranormal war that's coming, and less on the mystery. I actually found the mystery aspect to be lacking a little. The empty-grave-mystery can hardly be considered one, and the suicide-note-mystery didn't have the sort of build up other mysteries had in previous books.

However, I think that the other stuff made up for it... namely the whole Jessica situation, as wel
Carvanz
Holy crap! With each book things amp up but by the end of this one, it feels like the world is in danger of exploding. I’m left wide eyed and a little worried about Charley and her abilities. There is just so much revealed here in little increments but with huge repercussions. I keep swearing I’m going to take a break from this series but I absolutely cannot. I am totally invested in this story and how it’s all going to play out. Be prepared dear readers. This one is going to blow you away!

I vol
Jamila
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
What the what? Whyyyyyyy? And duff? Whyyy? But the dad WHYYYYYY????
Also Osho is awesome
Tori
Favorite Quote: “Hey, I could be your assistant. I’d be an Assistant Serial Killer Serial Killer. I’d be an ASS.”

Entering into the seventh installment of Darynda Jones wickedly funny and smoking hot Charley Davidson series, Seventh Grave and No Body, picks up not long after book six-Sixth Grave From The Edge- ended. Charley Davidson, Grim Reaper in training and P.I. extraordinaire, is pregnastic and affianced by non other than the sex on a stick hottie son of Satan-Reyes Farrow. But if you think

• Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
  • Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)
  • Fury of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #6)
  • The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire (Half-Moon Hollow, #3)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
  • The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen #2)
  • Magic Binds (Kate Daniels, #9)
  • Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6)
NYTimes and USA Today Bestselling Author Darynda Jones has won numerous awards for her work, including a prestigious RITA, a Golden Heart, and a Daphne du Maurier. As a born storyteller, she grew up spinning tales of dashing damsels and heroes in distress for any unfortunate soul who happened by, annoying man and beast alike. She currently has two series with St. Martin's Press, the Charley Davids ...more

Charley Davidson (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)
  • Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)
  • Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
  • The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #10)
  • Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)
“I often question my sanity. Occasionally, it replies.” 77 likes
“If I’m upset, hold me and tell me how beautiful I am.

If I growl, retreat to a safe distance and throw chocolate.

— BEST. ADVICE. EVER.”