Start by marking “Hip Pressure Cooking: Fast, Fresh, and Flavorful” as Want to Read:
Hip Pressure Cooking: Fast, Fresh, and Flavorful

Hip Pressure Cooking: Fast, Fresh, and Flavorful

The once-lowly and maligned pressure cooker is making a comeback. This relic of your grandparents' kitchen is not only improved and safer these days, but also saves time, creates more flavor, and conserves energy. Laura Pazzaglia wasn't thinking of all this when she tried pressure cooking for the first time, but after watching a friend make dinner in 10 minutes, Pazzaglia ...more
Published September 2nd 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

Ivonne Rovira
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ivonne by: BookBub
Shelves: cookbooks
Laura Pazzaglia’s inestimable blog Hip Pressure Cooking gave birth to this cookbook. Pazzaglia teaches cooks how to pressure cook just about anything! — even eggs, seafood, pasta and cakes! She’s considered the queen of pressure cookers for a reason!

Are there a few recipes for dishes that would be better prepared the traditional way? Sure! But whether a newbie or a pressure-cooker pro, you don’t want to skip Hip Pressure Cooking: Fast, Fresh, and Flavorful.
Tamara
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this as a Goodreads, First Reads giveaway. I have been following Hip Pressure Cooking on Pinterest and her blog with much interest. The book is beautiful with a nice variety of different types of dishes. The book clearly explains the basics for both stovetop and electric pressure cookers (I've found it difficult to find good instructions for electric cookers prior to this book, so I am excited to put mine to more use).

I am very intrigued by the Preserves and Juicing section. Peach an
Wendy
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, cooking
I did not receive this book as a Goodreads giveaway, I paid for it after trying several recipes from the author's blog. My new pressure cooker is my summer obsession because it allows to whip up fast, fresh delicious meals without heating up my small kitchen. Every recipe I've tried has been a hit. Tonight was seafood risotto. This device is the closest thing to cooking magic and this book is the magic spell.
Krissy
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
good - I would read again

It was a very informative book and the information was presented in a fun, easy to read manner. It made pressure cooking 'hip' and new instead of something that reminded me of my grandmother. I really enjoyed some of the recipes as well. I'm excited to try the rest of them!
Lisa D - Sassy Cat Chat
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received this cookbook as part of a Goodreads, First Reads giveaway. My hubby had been eyeing this cookbook awaiting the publication date - so I was super excited to win it early!

First off - this book is beautiful! I love browsing through cookbooks like some people love flipping through Home and Gardens magazine! Hip Pressure Cooking did not disappoint in how attractive of a book it is.

Hip Pressure cooking is full of tips and instructions on cooking with this method. There are times for differ
Claire
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received Hip Pressure Cooking as part of a Goodreads giveaway.

Pressure cookers are a great way of cooking good food efficiently. As a new owner of one, I'm both excited and a little apprehensive given the plethora of YouTube fails involving exploding pressure cookers. Still, being a busy professional, it seems like a great tool to make quality meals.

A very attractive hardcover book, with many intriguing looking recipes. There's a nice mixture of meals with less steps and simpler, easier-to-fin
Rain
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this as a Goodreads, First Read winner. It's hard to find a good cookbook but I was very impressed with this one. It contains a lot recipes and tips for both stovetop and electric pressure cookers. I love that it covers appetizers to desserts and even one pot meals! Already tried one recipe from this book and it was a hit. I'm really happy that I won this book.
Beth Ann
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Honestly, I have always been afraid of pressure cookers. Terrified. Thanks to this book, I feel much more confident and ready to tackle using a pressure cooker head on. I am amazed at the possibility of such short times producing dinner! So excited!
Elizabeth
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this as a Goodreads Giveaway. It is a great book with lots of information about using pressure cookers. All the recipes sound fantastic and the ones we have made have been delicious. My only complaint is the recipes are a little difficult to accomplish on a weeknight.
Courtney
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comestibles
The best book on pressure cooking I've found!
Weatherly Webb
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This may be one of the best cookbooks for pressure cookers or otherwise that I have read lately. I read most cookbooks from front to back. I am an experienced cook who can generally recognize how a recipe will be once it is made. This food looks interesting and tasty.
I always check out cookbooks from the library first and then decide if I will purchase the cookbook. I purchase very few cookbooks as most only have a few recipes I use and they take up too much room on my shelf. There are so many r
Janet Quinn
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

I read this whole cookbook through. It has a large variety of different ethnic recipes. Her writing style is very thorough and It taught me a lot about using my new instant pot. The Author covered the why’s of things as well as the how’s. Definitely recommend.
Amo
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my absolute favorite cookbooks in my collection. Love her!
Becky H.
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017, non-fiction, food
The few recipes I did try were not very flavorful. I wish there had been more pictures to inspire me to try other dishes.
Pat
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book and the companion blog, www.hippressurecooking.com, are must have resources for anyone learning to fall in love with their pressure cooker (Instant Pot, other brand electric or stovetop - it's all in there).

I refer to the time tables and ratios in HPC more than any other resource, as they have proven to provide the best results. With this book's help I have gone from being a little afraid of my Instant Pot in January of 2015, to being a confident (dare I say hip?) pressure cooking whiz
DAnna Shumate
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent information for all pressure cookers

I have an Instant Pot pressure cooker. I was looking for recipes for better tasting beans. This is a great cookbook covering all basics of pressure cooking. It's a "must have"...
Denise
Jan 23, 2015 added it
if you bought a pressure cooker off one of those shopping shows you need this book

my pressure cooker I've had for 25 years, and these recipes are new and "hip" great hits with my family
Jen
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far I have tried the tomato soup, corn chowder and the whole chicken. All are great and with the soups I have had success freezing in serving sized containers.
Erocchio
Feb 14, 2015 rated it liked it
eh. didin't help me adapt and feel comfortable using the electric pressure cooker I have. It's not bad but just not good for my needs
Cfabrication
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A terrific cookbook for pressure cooking. She gives ways of adapting recipes to electric pressure cookers, which are usually 10-11 psi on high rather than 15.
Garrick
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An excellent pressure cooker guide, with plenty of tips and techniques. I borrowed this from my library, but it's definitely going on the "to-buy" list!
SpudGirl

• Pressure Perfect: Two Hour Taste in Twenty Minutes Using Your Pressure Cooker
  • Great Food Fast
  • The Make-Ahead Cook
  • Nopalito
  • The Great Big Pressure Cooker Book: 500 Easy Recipes for Every Machine, Both Stovetop and Electric
  • Dinner in an Instant: 75 Modern Recipes for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot®
  • Cook Food: A Manualfesto for Easy, Healthy, Local Eating
  • The Best Homemade Kids' Snacks on the Planet: More than 200 Healthy Homemade Snacks You and Your Kids Will Love
  • Miss Vickie's Big Book of Pressure Cooker Recipes
  • My Two Souths: Blending the Flavors of India into a Southern Kitchen
  • 35 Recipes For Comforting Winter Soups - Easy Homemade Soups For Wintertime (The Amazing Recipes for Soup and Ultimate Soup Recipes Collection Book 1)
  • The Rye Baker: Classic Breads from Europe and America
  • Instant Pot® Obsession: The Ultimate Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Cooking Everything Fast
  • More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes
  • My Sweet Mexico: Recipes for Authentic Pastries, Breads, Candies, Beverages, and Frozen Treats
  • The Book of Greens: A Cook's Compendium of 40 Varieties, from Arugula to Watercress, with More Than 175 Recipes
  • The Mediterranean Table: Simple Recipes for Healthy Living on the Mediterranean Diet
  • The Wellness Mama Cookbook: 200 Easy-to-Prepare Recipes and Time-Saving Advice for the Busy Cook
Laura D.A. Pazzaglia is a former IT Project Director in San Francisco Bay Area's Silicon Valley that now lives in Italy with her husband and two children. She moved from computer to kitchen technology when her first child was born and was looking for a way to make healthier meals in less time. She has lived in four countries (U.K, Italy, U.S.A, and Austria), speaks three languages (English, Italia ...more