Start by marking “Party Games (Fear Street Relaunch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Party Games (Fear Street Relaunch, #1)

Read Excerpt

Party Games (Fear Street Relaunch #1)

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  2,122 Ratings  ·  450 Reviews
Her friends warn her not to go to Brendan Fear's birthday party at his family's estate on mysterious Fear Island. But Rachel Martin has a crush on Brendan and is excited to be invited. Brendan has a lot of party games planned. But one game no one planned intrudes on his party—the game of murder. As the guests start dying one by one, Rachel realizes to her horror that she a ...more
Published September 30th 2014 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Party Games, please sign up.
Theresa Labreglio Fear Street is an entire series... this is the first in the new generation. The original series ran from 1989-1997 and they... are... amazing.

…more

Theresa Labreglio No you don't have to. Almost all the Fear Street's are stand alone books (except for the trilogies and sagas)

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Oct 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

THIS REVIEW WAS INSPIRED BY THE TROLL WHO TOLD ME THAT USING TOO MANY GIFS MAKES ME APPEAR CHILDISH AND I SHOULDN’T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. THE FOLLOWING SHOULD CONFIRM THAT I AM INDEED CHILDISH AND NO ONE SHOULD TAKE ME SERIOUSLY.

I know that out there somewhere there is someone screaming at their computer “HOW DARE YOU GIVE R.L. STEIN A 1 STAR RATING. HOW COULD YOU?!?!?!?!?!” Well, I’ll tell you – it was actually pretty easy being as the
Richard Denney
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014

What the fuck was this???? R.L. I love you but what-the-fuck?? This was just... terrible.

It's funny how no one is pointing this out but "Party Games" is pretty much a rip-off of the 1986 horror film "April Fool's Day". The only thing that sets both apart is the ending of Party Games which I feel came out of nowhere and was probably written last minute to avoid comparisons to other books/movies. Also on the copyright page it says Copyright 2014 by Parachute Publishing NOT R.L. Stine. So it is a p
Amy
Aug 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
My childhood:

description

What's that I hear? R.L. Stine is back? And writing for YA?!

Guess what, folks?

Veronica Morfi
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
Rating: 2/5

I was really excited to read this book. It's R.L. Stine, who I usually love. It's about a bunch of kids that go to a secluded island to celebrate one of their friends' brithday and then things go wrong. People start dying as the party games turn deadly and they are trapped in the island with no way out.

This book had a great premise and even though the beginning was a huge introduction a big cast of characters that I never really managed to remember completely, once the party started t
Johnny(My Realm Of Books)
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Υπέροχοο! Μου άρεσε πάρα πολύ αυτό το βιβλίο! Μπορεί να μην ήταν τόσο τρομακτικό όμως η γραφή του RL STINE σε κρατάει σε τεράστια αγωνία μέχρι την τελευταία σελίδα του βιβλίου! Το διάβασα όλο σε μερικές ώρες δίχως ούτε ένα διάλλειμα ! Ηταν πραγματικά υπέροχο ! Η ελληνική έκδοση επίσης τα σπάει! Τρομερό βιβλίο! ΔΙΑΒΑΣΤΕ ΤΟ!
Anna Janelle
...so here I was, just browsing NetGalley, and here I see an R.L STINE novel. And I'm like what?! And then I see it is a FREAKING FEAR STREET NOVEL and I'm like what, whaaaaat?! REQUEST REQUEST REQUEST!!! And the galley gods smiled at me and said, let there be Party Games: A Fear Street Novel. Amen.

Five stars for nostalgia's sake, I say. FIVE STARS.

It was SO FUN to return to Fear Street after all these years. R.L. Stine scared the CRAP out of me when I was younger with his Fear Street trilogy (
Chrissa Vasileiou
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
O γνωστός μας από τη σειρά "Ανατριχίλες" R. L. Stine επιστρέφει στην "Οδό του Τρόμου", που τον έκανε διάσημο, με μια ιστορία κομμένη και ραμμένη στην πένα του.

Ήρωες μια παρέα εφήβων και σκηνικό του τρόμου ένα ιδιόκτητο νησί. Τα παιδιά πηγαίνουν εκεί μετά από πρόσκληση του Μπρένταν Φίαρ,για να γιορτάσουν τα γενέθλιά του στο νησί της οικογένειάς του. Ανάμεσα στους καλεσμένους και η 17χρονη Ρέιτσελ, που είναι ερωτευμένη με τον Μπρένταν. Τίποτα δεν προϊδεάζει τους νεαρούς για όσα πρόκειται να συμβο
LeAnne
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No judgements. My kid is hosting a Halloween scavenger hunt for his book club, so I had to read this to set up the clues. Actually, I listened to it (so bad) and begged hubby Joe to stab me in the ears this morning. Our offspring OWES me big time. >.<

Okay. I bumped it to a five. My boy is going to a writing event for kids tomorrow, and he gets to meet R.L. Stine. That's worth five right there!
Kerry
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Fear Street is one of my favorite book series of my childhood and this delivers! Completely in the R.L.Stine/Fear Street voice, Shadyside comes back to life...and death. You are kept on your toes as you aren't quite sure who the "bad guy(s)" is or what is real or just... a game.
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
Like a lot of other people, I pretty much devoured Fear Street books back in the day. I wouldn't say I loved them, but I kept reading them obsessively. The ski trips, the switched bodies, the bad dreams, the Halloweens gone terribly wrong, the new boys and girls, the strangulation by scarves, the rollerblades!

I could go on, but I'll spare you.

I can't say for sure exactly how cheesy those books were since it's been so long since I've read them, but I'm guessing they were pretty effing cheesy. So
Suad Shamma
Jul 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, 2017
Sighhhh...Where do I begin with this one?

Warning - this review is riddled with spoilers!

I'll begin by saying that like everyone who's chosen to read the renewed Fear Street novels, I am a huge fan of R.L. Stine and have grown up reading his books, which is why I bought this book with barely suppressed excitement. I thought I would be able to delve into this amazing thriller that would take me back to my teenage years where I used to stay up late at night under my bedcovers reading these books.

U
Alissa Patrick

Ridiculously cheesy but enjoyable. Exactly what I expected from a childhood favorite of mine. This type of horror would have been perfect on an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? (Google it kids- one of the best kids shows EVER!)

Aneta Bak
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you love classic spooky stories by R.L. Stine, then definitely give this one a try. It will definitely get you spooked.

Rachel has always had a crush on Brendan Fear, and when he invites her to his birthday party of course she had to say yes, this could be her one chance to get to know him. Even though Rachel was warned by people not to trust Brendan Fear and go to the party, the opportunity was too good to turn down. Finding herself on a summer island home, completely cut off from the rest of
Bonnie
My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars

“Someone is definitely playing games with us,” Geena said. “Only…” Her voice broke. “Murder isn’t a game.”

17-year-old Rachel Martin is ecstatic when her crush Brendan Fear invites her to his birthday party that he’s having on Fear Island. (She’s so ecstatic she doesn’t even let the issue of finding a dead animal between her sheets stop her!) The group of kids invited to the party take a boat to the island and problems start as soon as they arrive. Party Games is actual
Roo James
Oct 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I don't know anyone who was more excited than I that Fear Street was coming back. I think I may have literally squealed for joy when I had heard about it and eagerly awaited the release date and picked up a copy the first chance I got.

I was too young when Fear Street first came around, but when I was about 12 or 13 I stumbled upon an old copy somehow and I was hooked. This series was everything I ever wanted! It had serial killers, teenagers in mortal peril, and suspense and mystery. The truth
Alondra
Aug 02, 2014 rated it liked it
*Just won this off of the Goodreads Giveaways!! I am really looking forward to reading this Fear Street novel. mmmm, October reading sounds perfect!

3 Stars

That was fun. You can always depend on R.L. Stine to give the kiddies some creeps. This truly was "party games that go wrong." Nice little twists and turns, that let you know you are reading a fear street/goosebumps novel.

If you love either of the series, you will love this one, as well.
Kayla Eklund
R.L. Stine was one of my favorite authors when I was a kid. I used to love his Fear Street series, especially the books about the cheerleaders. I was excited to learn that he was re-booting the Fear Street series for a new generation. Party Games, the first book in the re-booted Fear Street series, was excellent. It brought back all of those nostalgic feelings that I remember while reading the original series as a child.

Even as an adult, I found Party Games to be suspenseful. It kept me on the
Amber
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: librarybooks
Rachel Martin is invited to Brendan Fear's birthday party. When she goes, strange things begin to happen. Can she survive the party games before someone gets killed? Read this book and find out.

Fear Street: Party Games is the first fear street book R.L. Stine has written in 20 years and it was a pretty good read. I enjoy the fear street books and am glad he is continuing them. If you enjoy scary stories, def check this series out.
Tiffy_Reads
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Stine with this new series brought back a whole level of nostalgia that I love. Party Games was a quick, easy read that I read in one day. With a few quirky plot twists it kept you interested until the very last page. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this little gem.
Brandie
Entertaining and a quick read. Took me back to my childhood days when I used to be obsessed with the Fear Street books. Definitely cheesy and cringe worthy in many parts. But I still had fun reading it.
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
Κάποιες από τις ωραιότερες παιδικές μου αναμνήσεις είναι οι επισκέψεις μου σε ένα βιβλιοπωλείο κοντά στο σπίτι μου (το οποίο δυστυχώς δεν υπάρχει πια!) για να αγοράσω τα βιβλία από τη σειρά Ανατριχίλες... Ήμουν το μόνο κορίτσι στην πόλη μου που διάβαζα τις Ανατριχίλες και όχι κάποιο από τα κλασικά "βιβλία για κορίτσια"! Χαίρομαι πολύ για αυτό γιατί εκείνα τα βιβλία με βοήθησαν και να αναπτύξω την φαντασία μου αλλά και να λύνω μυστήρια!
Όταν είδα τα "Παιχνίδια Τρόμου" ήξερα ότι έπρεπε να
Raul
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. If you're a fan of the Fear Street series, you're going to enjoy this new relaunch of the series. I had so many feelings of nostalgia while reading this. I can't wait to read more books in the series and experience more of the town. With that said, the writing was pretty bad at times and the audiobook narrator wasn't my favorite. The story seemed a little generic during the first half but quickly switched, which I was pleasantly surprised with. The second half of the book is what made ...more
Callie Rose Tyler
Sep 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
No disrespect to R.L. Stine, your books are a huge part of how I became an avid reader and a lover of all things horror, but this book sucked.

Recently, I read Lights Out and it wasn't as great as childhood memories would lead me to believe but at least it had some 90's nostalgia value, which brings me to my first pet peeve...

Stine seems very eager to show that he is relevant and up to date, but instead of updating his writing (characters still sound like valley girls), he just awkwardly name dro
Darameganknihy
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tak tahle kniha mi opravdu přišla vhod. I když je to určeno mladším čtenářům, tak já se bavila. Je to "horor" pro mladší ročníky, ale některé scény "vystresují" i otrlé čtenáře, jako jsem já :-D skvělý počin, který mi zabral dva večery a určitě se těším na druhý díl. Vzniká série, která mě bude bavit! :-))
Mohammed Alsharaby
Jun 18, 2016 rated it liked it
مجموعة من المراهقين يتم دعوتهم لحضور حفلة عيد ميلاد صديقهم (بريندان فير). احد افراد عائلة (فير) المعروفة بقصصهم المرعبة. في احد بيوتهم على الجزيرة. وبعد الاحتفال يقرر صاحب الحفلة بدأ لعبة في بيتهم المخيف والذي يقال عنه مهجور
وهنا تبدأ أحداث الرواية حيث اللعبة التي خططها (بريندان) لم تمشي كما توقعها

حبيت بداية الرواية وتحمست لها وطرت بين صفحاتها. لكن انصدمت بنهايتها وانحبطت وحسيت تغيرت الرواية جذريا.

3.5
Aly
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I say R.L. Stine does it again in this book! I the Fear Street series and I can't say it enough! I love seeing what R.L. Stine will come up with next. If you like to follow a group if kids on a scary birthday party you need to check out this book. You will never guess what all happens at this party.
Kim
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I was a HUGE fan of R.L. Stine as a kid. I would wait patiently and rush to the store as soon as a new book released. However these books are not as thrilling for me as they were way back when. Super fast read but I am giving it a 3 stars. Just didn't wow me!
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

Fear Street... My childhood revisited :) I was SO excited when I found out that Mr. Stine was going to be writing 3 new Fear Street books! How excited? Well...

Charlie

Why was I dancing around and fangirling like an idiot? Long story short: R.L. Stine's Fear Street books were some of the first books to really get me into reading when I was in middle school. R.L. Stine has not written one single Fear Street book for almost 20 YEARS!! And now he is coming out with 3 new one
Donna
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I may have squeed a little when the publisher approved me for PARTY GAMES through NetGalley but I quickly reined myself in, got my composure down and got to reading. I have to admit, I was a little worried. After reading A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S SCREAM I was worried about the Fear Street series being brought back. A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S SCREAM was definitely written in the same manner as the old Fear Street books were twenty-something years ago. That really doesn’t translate to the now and while good fo ...more
  • The Buried (The Apostles, #2)
  • The Soul Thief
  • Secrets Of Whitewater Creek
  • Dial "M" for Morna (The Dead Kid Detective Agency, #2)
  • Student Bodies (Poltergeeks, #2)
  • Ghost Trackers
  • Awakening (The Twins Of Saranthium, #1)
  • Get Lost, Odysseus! (Myth-O-Mania, #10)
  • Haunting the Night (Past Midnight, #2.5)
  • Heartsick
  • When the Stars Align
  • My Lunatic Life (Lunatic Life, #1)
  • Mirror, Mirror (Point Horror, #13)
  • Shelter Me
  • The Recruit (MTG Agencies #1)
  • Amity
  • We Will All Go Down Together
  • Fatal Secrets (Point Horror, #24)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine

Fear Street Relaunch (6 books)
  • Don't Stay Up Late (Fear Street Relaunch, #2)
  • The Lost Girl (Fear Street Relaunch, #3)
  • Can You Keep a Secret? (Fear Street Relaunch, #4)
  • The Dead Boyfriend (Fear Street Relaunch, #5)
  • Give Me a K-I-L-L (Fear Street Relaunch, #6)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)