Start by marking “The Twelve Days of Seduction” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Days of Seduction

The Twelve Days of Seduction

Twelve Days of Seduction by Maire Claremont

Alexander Hunt, Eighth Duke of Berresford, is aware his ward's governess misrepresented herself to gain employment, and he's quite displeased, even if she is one of the most intelligent women's he's ever met. His ward deserves a reputable governess, so he threatens to give Adriana the sack mere days before Christmas.

Desperate to c
Published December 30th 2013 by Entangled: Scandalous (first published December 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Days of Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twelve Days of Seduction

Carrie
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
The Twelve Days of Seduction by Maire Claremont and Eva Devon is a standalone historical romance. The story is set Yorkshire just before Christmas in the year 1859 and is a novella length read.

Alexander Hunt is a Duke who has hired Adriana to be his ward's governess but when it comes to his attention that Adriana is not who she claims to be he approaches her. Adriana doesn't want to lose her place so she counters the Duke with an offer, to give him twelve days to seduce her to prove she's not w
Julie
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Twelve Days of Seduction by Maire Claremont is a December 2013 Entangled Flaunt publication.
I was provided a copy of this book in conjunction with a book tour, in exchange for an honest review.

For the past year, Adriana has been working as a Governess for little Georgiana. Her father, Alexander, a duke ( not by blood), has never told his daughter the truth about her parentage. When he discovers that Adriana has a sordid past, he deems her unfit to work with his daughter. Adriana is crushed.
Amanda
3.5 yuletide stars!

While the employer/governess trope isn’t always my cup of tea, I rather enjoyed this particular take on it very much. I loved how it started off as a game of seduction for the hero, but as he got to know the heroine, really know her, their interactions slowly morphed into wooing and genuine courtship despite the aray of obstacles stacked against them. Eva Devon (a new to me author) infused her writing with such tender emotion that even with all the lust between Adriana and Ale
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Rating: 3.5*

This novella was a surprisingly good read! It started out a bit weird, but then I got into it. At 120 pages, it's very quick, and as you can imagine, things don't get as developed as they could. I could have actually read a full version of this, but then I also loved how easy it was to get through. I could just enjoy it without getting too bogged down. I was also not feeling too great when I started it, but because
Angie
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC through NetGalley.

4.5★

The Twelve Days of Seduction is a nearly perfect novella. Why nearly? Because I needed it to be longer, or even a full length novel! The duke's seduction of his governess was over far too quickly. It was delicious, tortuous, and should have been dragged out more! Alexander Hunt is ready to throw his daughter's governess out into the snow when he learns that she's not who she said she is. Ana Grey is really Adriana Flint, an authoress from a poor family. Ho
Tiffany {Beyond the Stars: Book Blog}
This was the Christmas short story that put all the other Christmas short stories that I read this holiday season to rest. It was cute, heartfelt, touching, and just absolutely wonderful all around story.

I think the author gave the characters a lot of depth in just 120 pages. We got to learn about them as we went and what all they have been through. We didn't focus on the romance entirely, which is a wonderful break from some over produced Christmas romances.

I definitely think the introduction t
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Twelve Days of Seduction by Eva Devon. This is this is the story of Alexander Hunt, Eighth Duke of Berresford and Adriana Flint.
Adriana has been acting as a governess for Georgiana for about a year when Alexander finds out she isn't who she has said that she was. But Adriana has fallen in love with Georgianna and Alexander. Alexander gives her a choice to be his mistress but she counter offers that he try to tempt her for 12 Days to prove she can be a moral strong governess. But will their
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy

It started on Christmas Eve so what better day to post my review about The Twelve Days of Christmas Seduction, than on Christmas Eve? Marie Claremont is one of the reigning queens of them and bloody. Champion of those who live UN the shadows, reminding us that they too (they especially) need to find the light of love.

Raised in the very gutters of London, Adriana Flint has risen high enough to have obtained a position as governness
Jujubee
First time reading Marie Claremont in the anthology All I Want For Christmas Is A Duke. The author has a Gothic sensibility to her writing, which I favor, so I would read her again.
I am rating this story 3.5 Gothic Fairytale stars.
I loved how dramatic this short started out! Our heroine is being called out as misrepresenting herself to her employer the Duke, our hero. Ooooooo...dun dun dun!
But it's the other parts of the initial set up for her backstory (how did she get to this place at this ti
Rose Blue
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Adriana Flint was born the granddaughter of an earl, but is forced to earn her own living because her mother was cast out by her parents when she married beneath her station. She is a published author, but that doesn't allow her enough money to live on, so she also works as a governess to a young girl she has come to love deeply. Just as Adriana begins to feel secure in her position, her charge's guardian, the duke, discovers the truth about her identity and threatens to throw her out of
Short but sweet romance between a duke and his governess. I loved how well Maire Claremont showed Alexander and Adriana getting to know each other. There is plenty of steam, but it never overtakes the emotional side. I really wish this had been fleshed out to a full-length novel, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I received a free copy of this book from Entangled Publishing via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Janett

Don't let the title fool you!

Okay, I have to admit...the title left me a bit curious and I couldn't resist!

This sweet, little short read from author Eva Devon really surprised me with the lovely spin she put in this story.

For the past year Adrianna Flint has been the governess to the daughter of one of the most powerful dukes in London. She seems to be the perfect governess. The duke's daughter loves her and Adrianna has grown to love little Geogianna in return. Adrianna is happy with
Brenda
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart felt poignant Christmas Story!

Publisher's Description: Alexander Hunt, Eighth Duke of Berresford, is aware his ward's governess misrepresented herself to gain employment, and he’s quite displeased, even if she is one of the most intelligent women’s he’s ever met. His ward deserves a reputable governess, so he threatens to give Adriana the sack mere days before Christmas. Desperate to convince the sexy duke not to tear her from the little girl she's grown to adore, Adriana challenges him to
Thom Swennes
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Reputations are fickled things, they are difficult to hold and so easy to lose.
Adriana Flint aka Anna Grey has lived a hard and exposed life. From the Bohemian lifestyle of her parents, she was exposed to the ugly side of life at a very early age. Her youth was spent doing whatever she could to survive. To avoid sinking into the throngs of the “ladies of the night,” she made a bold decision to break the shackles of her sad and desperate life and become Adriana Flint, the governess.
The omissions
Arys
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Twelve Days of Seduction by Eva Devon is a historical romance with a Christmas theme and reminiscent of Jane Eyre. Adriana Flint is a notorious authoress who has been living a disguised life as governess Ana Grey. When the Duke, Alexander Hunt, finds out that his ward's governess has a less than reputable reputation, he is in a bind. His ward, and illegitimate daughter, has bonded with Miss Grey and there is also the small matter of his attraction to her that he cannot deny. His offer to mak ...more
Tanya
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, romance
Free holiday download seems to equal lame reading experience. You'd think I'd learn, but sometimes I need a break from the heavy (both literally and metaphorically) stack of books I have waiting to be read. And besides, my downloads aren't always free, they're just Nook ebooks of the day, so people regularly pay for them, and they must have some value, right?

First off, this 80 page novella (which I flew through in less than an hour), would have been better expanded into a full-length novel. The
Amy Nolte
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was free from Kindle and I didn’t realize how short it was until I downloaded it. It only took about two hours to read. I felt like I started a book in the middle. Adriana has been working for the duke as a governess for the past year and he has found out she lied about her past. If this was a full length story this would have been a dramatic scene, instead it was confusing. From there it gets steamy pretty quickly and without knowing the backstory of the characters it seemed incredibly unr ...more
Brittany (The Crafty Engineer's Bookshelf)
The Twelve Days of Seduction is a cute novella with a believable romance. Adriana is the governess for Alexander's daughter. He discovers she is not quite what she seems and deems her unfit to continue her role as governess. She challenges him to seduce her before the twelve days of Christmas are up and if he succeeds she will leave without protest. As the days progress, what should be seduction turns into wooing.

I wish this had been a full length novel. I didn't get enough in the 120 pages of
Jessica Lucci
"The Twelve Days of Seduction" by Faire Claremont is an old-fashioned Christmas romance. The secret was a bit confusing to me, but the style of writing was perfect for the time period. I was a little leery of the employer/employee relationship, but the steamy parts were portrayed in heart pounding romance. I found myself giggling and rooting for the love story to continue! A lovely light holiday read for romance enthusiasts.
Kimberly
May 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: on-nook
Very light, holiday inspired reading. It was really too short. Could’ve been much better had it expanded on the premise and given the main characters more time to actually get to know each other before they fell madly in love. Or maybe they kind of were before it even started, but we missed all of those early interactions that were only briefly mentioned. I didn’t feel the intensity in this book that I felt in the Once Upon a Duke that I read just before this.
Deb Diem
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Twelve Days Of Seduction by Eva Devon is a well-written historical romance. Ms. Devon has filled this book with amazing, lovable characters. Adriana and Alexander's story is loaded with drama, humor and spice. I enjoyed reading The Twelve Days Of Seduction and look forward to many more books by Eva Devon in the future. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.
Courtney
A Christmas novella

I say novella because it was short. For its length the character development was what it could be but I felt it focused to much on the heroine and not the hero- I don’t think I learned much about him at all. Predictable of course. Otherwise sweet and short Christmas read.
Beth
I've been reading pretty heavy stuff lately and needed a quick break. This was free on Barnes & Noble's Free Nook Friday, so I gave it a shot. It was a quick read and I feel meh about it. I deleted it off my Nook as soon as I was done reading it, so it's not a keeper.
SuzyHD
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

Christmas with a seductive romance, how delightful. The Duke's passion for his daughter's governess made for an enjoyable read. The story is well written and entertaining.
Blue
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good premise that needs more flesh on the bones.

I LOVED the idea, but everything happens too fast because the story's too short. A chance to get to know the characters would have made it more engaging & earned 5 stars.
Alison
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly Recommend

Short ... Without sacrificing depth of characters. Sweet .... Yet sensual. Heartwarming ... Almost heartbreaking.
Brought tears to my eyes. A wonderful Christmas treat!
Soli Nichiyo Davis
Who's seduction was it?

A charming and yet cautionary tale of the wickedness and weakness of the ton to belittle those beneath them with an inspiring conclusion of those that rise above with intelligence, will and integrity even in lies through the magic of love!
Cassondra
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute read and a quick read. Not exactly formatted the way I thought it would be but I still enjoyed it.
Joanne Thompson
Interesting

A short story. A quick read for the airplane trip. The story is a historical romance. It follows the usual route.
diann walker
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sooo delightful!

I don’t normally read this type of story, I love, loved it. The story telling was great it drew you in quickly. This book is great for a quick getaway.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Daring to Trust the Boss
  • 10 Ways to Handle the Best Man
  • Because I Stubbed My Toe
  • The Sheikh's Last Seduction
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • Riding High (Sons of Chance, #14)
  • A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)
  • The Movie Star's Red Hot Holiday Fling
  • F Is for Feelings
  • A Baby Between Friends (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #2)
  • The Baby Deal
  • Abducted by a Prince (Cinderella Sisterhood, #3)
  • Seducing His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #3)
  • Secret Santa Baby