Start by marking “God's Outrageous Claims: Discover What They Mean for You (Strobel, Lee)” as Want to Read:
God's Outrageous Claims: Discover What They Mean for You (Strobel, Lee)

God's Outrageous Claims: Discover What They Mean for You (Strobel, Lee)

Lee Strobel presents thirteen phenomenal claims by God that can change the entire trajectory of your life and revolutionize your attitude, your character, and your relationships. Take the Bible seriously and you’ll discover that God makes some pretty amazing claims about you—and about what he wants to do in your life. God’s Outrageous Claims examines important assertions t ...more
Published May 26th 2009 by Zondervan (first published September 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about God's Outrageous Claims, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God's Outrageous Claims

Start your review of God's Outrageous Claims: Discover What They Mean for You (Strobel, Lee)
Anna
Like the "Case for Faith", this book is incredibly challenging on a personal level -- God said some pretty outrageous things, especially by today's standards. Well-written, easy to read, and backed up by modern statistics (etc), the book is a challenge and an encouragement, offering insight into so many different aspects of our day-to-day lives...and a reminder that faith in God is a risk. But in the end, there is no greater joy, and no greater adventure. Highly recommended.
Brian Eshleman
Jul 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith
I expected perhaps little known miracles from the Bible. Instead, most of God's Outrageous Claims had to do with His attitude towards humans and His ability to use us. Still, this was worth being reminded of. Lee Strobel intersperses meaningful biblical quotes with the sincerity of his own story, this time not hypothetical interviews with experts but the mileposts in his own thinking that led to his HEART'S conversion. The author is also quite adept at picking up quotes from every source from GK ...more
Peter Nathanael
Aug 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Till now I've read books by him that dealt with scientific and academic aspect of Christianity but this book goes beyond that to establish him as a Christian author instead of only being limited to a apologist. A very real life teaching book through a experienced man of god.
Anneliese Dalaba
In God’s Outrageous Claims, Lee Strobel answers some of the toughest questions that we have been asked or that we have grappled with ourselves. Many of these claims we say we believe but can’t find the words to explain why we believe them.

For example, how do we know that what we believe about Christianity is really true? Have you ever doubted what you’ve been taught about Christianity? Be honest. Have you ever dared to ask yourself if what you believe is really true? Lee Strobel explains this be
Cyndi Beane-Henry
As always, a great read by Strobel.

In this book, Strobel, follows 13 claims about God, and how those claims are very real in our lives today!

Those 13 claims are:
* A Dose of Doubt May Strengthen Your Faith
* God Has A Cure
Mark
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outrageously good! It seems strange to read a book from Lee that isn’t full of interviews of other people, so used am I of reading the now many ‘Case for...’ series of books. However, this book shows off Lee’s writing skills as he weaves his way wonderfully through the many claims of the Bible, that make people ask whether Christianity is something they want to involve themselves in. He brings his answers to each claim in a way that challenges and encourages those of us who are already believers ...more
Rithun Regi
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book which talks about God's outrageous claims which can truly revolutionize one's life.There are people who are seekers of the truth and wants to fill a void in their lives.That void can only be filled by Jesus Christ and this book is very well written. The author is a cynic turned believer who seeked truth and found it and it revolutionized his life. He talks logic and rationale and throws light on a variety of topics which confounds the normal mortal of the spiritual realm.
Matthew Kilpatrick
There are so many things Strobel gets wrong in this book, I have to isolate myself to a few in particular.
1. Terry Anderson, while he publicly forgave his captors and gave Strobel a good example to use when recommending forgiving your enemies, also successfully sued the Iranian government for nearly $30,000,000 in recompense for his ordeal. Strobel fails to mention this.
2. According to Strobel, only Christians get to be happy or even have a chance at happiness.
3. Jesus did not invent the Golden
Molly Woodcock
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As part of my 2013 resolutions I made a goal to read 10 religious books. Why? Because there are at least that many on my bookshelves I've purchased over the years and never read.
I bought this particular book in 2006 and let me tell you, it made me question my life in so many ways, but all good ones.
Just to warn you though, Lee Strobel backs up every claim with tons of proof. It might start to sound a little redundant, but it's worth it. Read this book!!!!
John Orman
Some of the more interesting entries in that list of outrageous claims:

There is freedom in forgiving our enemies and ourselves.

We can survive the Rat Race without becoming a Rat.

We can make a difference that will last an eternity.

You gain when you give yourself away.

Playing it safe is the most dangerous way to live.

Much food for thought and life-changing resolutions in this book!
Zann
This book is very readable, and the author uses many examples from real life circumstances to illustrate what he's writing about.I'd recommend this book to both people who consider themselves to be Christians as well as non-Christians who have a serious interest in gaining a more clear understanding of Christianity.
Lisa
Strobel is a trained journalist and very prolific. His thoughts are basic Christianity and solid. Again, I could not finish it but not because it is a valuable book for a believer to read. It just did not hold my attention.
Mboggler2011
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can say that this book is an eye-opener though I have just finished reading 3 chapters but it really enlightens me up. It convinces me more that truly God is true and His claims were absolute truth.
Jenna
Jan 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great follow-up to "Authenic Faith". This (both books, really) really challenged me to claim Christ's promises in my life. This book helped me go from knowing them in my head, to believing them in my heart and allowing that to change the way I order my priorities in life.
Santi
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rich, high profile reading, very convincing evidence of explaining Jesus
Obed Huerta
Apr 23, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Lo estoy leyendo y motiva e inspira...
Margaret
I listened to this book and it was very challenging and interesting. I may need to revisit it in another format at some point. But there are so many good books...
Christian Painter
I really loved this book even more than the Case For Christ. He is a fantastic story teller. This really helps in reaffirming ones faith.
Atchisson
Feb 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Similar to Metaxes topic, but without the silliness. Strobel is as good as it gets right now for popular apologetics.
Janet Danner
This would be good for a seeker or new believer.
Lynette Cook
Deanne Smith
Apr 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Encounters with Jesus: Unexpected Answers to Life's Biggest Questions
  • Counterfeit Gods: The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power, and the Only Hope that Matters
  • You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity
  • Radical Discipleship: Five Defining Questions
  • Future Grace
  • Habits of Grace: Enjoying Jesus through the Spiritual Disciplines
  • The LEGO Principle: The Power of Connecting to God and One Another
  • Dream Big: Know What You Want, Why You Want It, and What You’re Going to Do About It
  • Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity
  • The Pale-Faced Lie
  • Verbal Judo: The Gentle Art of Persuasion
  • Discovering God's Will
  • Dead Silence
Lee Patrick Strobel is an American Christian author, journalist, apologist and pastor. He has written several books, including four which received ECPA Christian Book Awards (1994, 1999, 2001, 2005) and a series which addresses challenges to a Biblically inerrant view of Christianity. Strobel also hosted a television program called Faith Under Fire on PAX TV, and runs a video apologetics web site. ...more

News & Interviews