Start by marking “Into the Storm (Signal Bend, #3)” as Want to Read:
Into the Storm (Signal Bend, #3)

Into the Storm

(Signal Bend #3)

Signal Bend, Missouri survived a war on its streets and has arrived at a period of growth and peace. The town and its guardians, the Night Horde MC, relax into this moment of hope, looking toward the future for the first time in decades.

Everyone but Robert 'Showdown' Ryan. Having suffered tremendous loss in that war, and taking on the burden of blame for it, Show has nothi
Published January 17th 2014 by Susan Fanetti

To ask other readers questions about Into the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Storm

Christy
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4.5 stars!!!

photo IMG_1712_zpsylzge3mx.jpg

THIS is the book in this series I was most looking forward to. And there is one reason for that. His name is Show. I was intrigued by this man from the start, but after book 2, seeing all that Show went through, I had to know that he would find his happy. I loved the way this turned out.

Show and Shannon meet, and their is chemistry between them from the start. But Show has some things he needs to work out with himself. The last year has been hell for the man. Shannon has a past sh
Baba
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Overall rating 3.5 stars. Rating clarification: please scroll down. Review completed April 8, 2014

photo oie_EsW9MASgL2FN_zps0a66d4f2.gif

photo oie_Qv13w63YpNGX_zpsa874c6a4.gif

photo oie_LvZasxkMKNJc_zpsf7150291.gif

photo 3f646c03-2090-4352-b288-8d9c07cc77cc_zpsa0f294e5.png

photo oie_flDRvRIukek5_zps2791929b.gif

Unfortunately Into the Storm wasn't up to par with the two previous books.

Showdown: 4.5 stars
Shannon: 2 stars
Storyline: 3.5 stars
Sex scenes: 3.75 stars
Overall rating: 3.5 stars

I could have given Show five stars in order to honor the author's "originality" and courage for having written a sexy and hot hero in his late 40s (Show is almost fifty-years-old). As many of you know I'm a sucker for older M
Mo
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it

Having suffered loss in the war and taking the burden of blame for it, Robert “Showdown” Ryan has nothing left of himself. He is an empty husk of a man, drowning in grief and whiskey, seeking relief in numbness

This one was a little different from the first two. Not as violent, not as gritty. I found it a bit slow at times. But I guess that is the type of guy Show is and I suppose the pace of the story suited him.

Show had a fairly shitty life. His marriage broke up. His family fell apart. He do
Brandi
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

description

My sweet, broken Showdown. Gah. That man. I just wanted to wrap him up in love and sunshine, bless his heart, he deserves some happy. Into the Storm was a quiet reprieve from the intense action and brutality of Behold the Stars. This book focuses on Show, dealing with guilt, picking up the pieces and moving forward, with the help of a glamorous redhead with a few secrets of her own.

Jennifer Kyle
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-boyfriends
5 SHOWDOWN Stars

”Signal Bend was coming back. Now Show needed to find his way back, too. If he could.”

I maybe showing my age but the lyrics to this Salt N’ Pepper song rings true for Showdown Ryan!

description

Showdown’s life is destroyed in the last book of this series. He losses so much and is now left with an empty Americana decorated house and a shit ton of grief. He has to be one of the most realistic characters that I have read or perhaps I just really related to him. I LOVED him and his damn beani
Debra

★★★★☆ 4.5 Weathering the Storm Stars!

Into the Storm is the third part of the Signal Bend series by Susan Fanetti and it tells the story of Robert "Showdown" Ryan and Shannon Bannerman. At first I was afraid Show and Shannon wouldn't be able to live up to the epicness of Isaac and Lilli, who were the centre of book 1 and 2, but they managed to change my mind pretty quickly. Shannon was once again a strong, feisty heroine and Show was a tortured broken hero with a rough exterior but a soft heart.

T
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 give me more tissues please STARS

"A borrowed family felt better than none at all."

Oh man, this was a much appreciated breath of fresh air. After all that went down in the first two books I really needed something mellow. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love Show and Shannon and this town and all the people in it. Thank you Ms. Fanetti for making Into the Storm such a beautiful and yet at times heartbreaking experience. Besides me not being able to handle much more of the drama I
Denisa
I love Show!

I'm really falling for this series as a whole! Susan Fanetti is absolutely awesome at writing characters, creating personalities and incredible plot. Didn't expect to find an MC series to love as much as Wylde's Reapers series. This one kept me hooked all the way, it was the kind of stay-up-all-night-to-finish kind of book.

Really, they all were incredible. Have nothing more to say. If you like hot alpha males and if you're looking for new book boyfriends, this is the series for you!
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Words of wisdom from Gemma, who is the Ultimate Badass Biker Babe.

description

Into the Storm deals with a broken man who has lost some of the most important people in his life; his family. Sorrow and pain are at an all time high when his family feels they are better off without him. Along the way he has lost his smile and needs someone to help him find it.

This third installment is a more mellower biker book compare to the previous two installments. Move the Sun is a milder version of a hard core biker book
S.M. West
4.5 SHOWDOWN STARS

photo INtothestorm_zpsf90ecf90.jpg

I’m in love with the Night Horde MC and Signal Bend. This third book in the series was a totally different feel and pace from the last two but, also fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed Show's POV and seeing Isaac and Lilli's through his lens.

photo Show_zps5ae668e1.jpg

I thought like the residents of Signal Bend, the more subdued tone of this book was needed to regroup, process and heal. Yet, it was still heart wrenching at times, as Show came to grips with the loss of his Daisy.

And to further complicate
TeriLyn
re-read August 2017 - Show and Shannon's beautiful story reminds of the pure vulnerability and direct honesty of this series, this writing, and these characters. This story is quite emotional as Show and Shannon's coupling takes unexpected turns and rises from the ashes of their pasts. Loved every minute of it.

5+++ "It hadn't been too late." Stars

The Signal Bend Series continues with Into the Storm giving us Show and Shannon's story. I loved the first two books in the series which featured Isaa
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Love will someday find you Stars

This. This was love. This was forever. It hadn't been too late.

description

Show, VP of the Night Horde, is a man that lost everything. He now knows only despair, regret and guilt. Haunted and alone.

Shannon, the new manager of the Signal Bend's B&B, signifies the rise of the town. A beautiful woman seemingly perfect and cool but all is an elaborate facade carefully structured to keep everyone from getting too close. To her heart. Her secrets. Her demons and fears.

Every
♥Sharon♥
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

When I started reading the Signal Bend Series I knew right from the beginning that these books had a different feel to them. A different vibe than other MC book’s I have read. This still holds true.

Into the Storm is the story of Robert “Showdown” Ryan. We really got to know Show in book 2, Behold the Stars. Show’s life is empty. He has experienced loss like no other man should. Feeling this tremendous loss and carrying around guilt, Show lives a hollow life. That is until Shannon cross
Jen
"Into the Storm" is book #3 of the Signal Bend series. This installment is Robert "Showdown" Ryan's book, or better known as Show. He is the Vice President of the Night Horde MC, and this is a man who is a tortured one. In book two, Show was dealt some major heartache and trauma. When I say major, I mean far more than anyone should ever have to deal with in their lifetime. Seeing him be dealt so much emotional pain, I was looking forward to his book and him getting a HEA that he deserved. Instea ...more
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

4.5 "I Love You, Show" Stars!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I do believe this is my favorite book thus far in the Signal Bend series. I'm a sucker for angst and a tortured hero. Did I mention I love Show?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

**This review will contain spoilers for books one and two so proceeded with caution if you haven't read them yet.**

Show is a shell of a man. After the tragic death of his daughter Daisy at the hands of drug lord Ellis, his wife Holly leaving him, taking Rose and Iris with her, he's just fumbling thru the days. He finds rel
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Thank goodness Susan Fanetti decided to take pity on her readers because I was an emotional wreck after Behold the Stars. This book might be more aptly named, "After the Storm," as it shows the town of Signal Bend enjoying a time of peace and revitalization after nearing destruction. Nobody deserves a happy ending more than Showdown Ryan.

photo Show_zpsjb99rvaz.jpg

Showdown lost his child—his entire family really—in the most gruesome way possible. He has spent the better part of a year inside a bottle, numbing himself to a
Malene
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series
Into The Storm didn't disappoint. I couldn't wait to read Robert Showdown's story because he'd experienced the most heartbreaking and horrific loss that had left him a broken man. I needed to know who was going to help him break him out of that shell of man he'd become. Shannon was an awesome character. Very independent and strong woman who took charge and acted on her crush on Show. It wasn't easy. Their back and forth banter and their slowly progress towards something more was wonderfully done ...more
TORI
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, bikers

10 Stars

Another great installment in an amazing series.

I loved this book. I declare each book is better than the one before. Show and Shannon were so easy to fall in love with.

Show was such a broken man in the beginning of this book. Your heart really ached right along with his as he mourned his losses. The loss of Daisy, his wife, and his girls. But it was so beautiful watching the layers of depression and death slowly peel away as his relationship with Shannon progressed.

I really liked the
Duchess Nicole

This was much, much easier to swallow than book two, thank God! Even though Show has lost so much and is in a really bad spot mentally, this was definitely a book of healing, both for Show and for the town and the Horde. And if there was ever a man that needed healing, it would be Showdown!

I've loved Show from the beginning, when he proved to be the voice of reason for Isaac the hotheaded president of the MC.

"Show had always been Isaac's strong right arm. He'd never had to lean himself. He wasn
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Biker genre, Strong Women, Romance
4 Intense, Introspective, Loving Stars * * * *

This is the third book in this series and it took a timeout on action and corruption. It was a breather... a time to regroup and develop new ways and practices for Signal Bend.

With the resurgence of the town and the building of the B&B by Lilli as the backdrop; we focus on Showdown, Issac's VP in the club. He is broken, hollowed out and just functioning... barely... with good reason...

He is lost and those around him are giving him whatever he n
Dee Montoya
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
****4 Second Chance Stars****

By now I'm completely enamored with this series and I will not stop until I read every single one of the Signal Bend books. I feel such pleasure and get such a high when I read about the Night Horde MC that I kid you not, I've been wearing my motorcycle boots for the past few days, I guess I'm hoping Isaac will come and take me away in the back of his motorcycle. Susan Fanetti's writing is so good and her words feel so real and engaging that I can't help but to feel
Victoria
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

“You look at me like you see something.” He drew his thumbs over her cheekbones and felt the swell as she smiled.

“I do.”

“No. Nothing to see.”

She blinked and her eyes cleared and opened fully. “That’s not true, Show. I see kindness. Strength. And sorrow.” One hand slid from his neck, and she put her fingers over his mouth and through his beard. “When I look at you, I can feel you. I don’t know why.”

I just finished and it will probably be a few days before I do a full review but overall I liked
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Loved some Show! Shannon was meh, but Show stole the show. Ha!

Review to come. But first, Bart's book ♡♡♡
Karen
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS ★★★★★
[image error]  photo bafbaf627cbce15a49f2e94fcdfebfe4.jpg

Finally a reprieve from the violent shitstorm that brought Signal Bend, Missouri back from the dead! Susan Fanetti has indeed proven herself as a author to take notice of!!! Into the Storm is the third book in the Signal Bend series, and it’s only getting better and better!!!

She’d ignored him for months. Months he’d spent alone, living in the clubhouse, steeping in self-loathing and grief. And whiskey. That, too.
…He hadn’t heard her voice, or his girls’, in almost a y
Elaine
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Elaine by: Wendy'sThoughts

3.5 Moving On Stars

Even though this one had a different feel about it, I still enjoyed it.

Loved Show and all of his alpha possessiveness.

photo 2162b6f63fcbdc3bb94a56793d2044f0_zpsfecdc5fb.jpg

I wasn't so keen on Shannon's storyline. But Show coming to terms with all those tragic events made up for it....

I like the style of writing too with these books.
Amanda

Is impossible for me not to like this book because I know Show intimately since Book 1 and after what happened to him in Book 2, this man desperately in need of his own HEA. For me, as long as the heroine is passably okay, I will definitely enjoy it. Surprisingly, Shannon turned out as quite a catch and I warm up to her even quicker compare to Lilli.

Even with Signal Bend currently experiencing some downtime with some peace and quiet, I never felt bore at all. In fact, I felt invested on
Elizabeth
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
description

Into the Storm (book 3 in the Signal Bend series) focuses on Isaac's best friend and Horde brother Show. Show was left (after the second book) empty and broken over the loss of his family. He has managed to roam the earth for two years drinking, sleeping, and working his days away. He is an empty shell of a man.

Shannon entered the world of Signal Bend as the new Bed and Breakfast Manager. She is polished and sophisticated and strong! Shannon is interesting and not afraid to go after what she wan
Tpagirl
Into the Storm was the third book in Susan Fanetti’s Signal Bend series. It picked up a year from the last book, Behold the Stars, and elaborated on the aftermath. Those previous years were dark, troubling and disturbing.

Signal Bend and the Night Horde MC were still recovering from the devastation and loss that occurred in their small town, but they were beginning to thrive. However, Showdown “Show” Ryan, the VP of the MC, had lost more than most and was now a ghost of the man he used to be. He
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Stormy Broken Stars

I am so in love with this series! I want to jump into the pages and take up residence in Signal Bend. While it was Isaac and Lilli who got me hooked, I have to say that "Show" might possibly own a piece of my heart forever.

After the horrific tragedy that stole Show's life...he is nothing but a broken shell.

Over 6 feet of beauty and wisdom...and no one to share it with. Nothing left to give. His losses are his burdens to carry and not a day goes by that the guilt does not c
Glamdring
Mar 29, 2014 rated it liked it

First and foremost, I would like to say that I loved Show from his first appearance in Move the Sun. Unfortunately I can't say the same for Shannon. Show is Isaac best friend as well as right arm and horrible things happened to him in Behold the Stars and I think he deserved a better heroine than Shannon.

Action wise this book was quiet, we are in the aftermath of the big "showdown" in main street. And while Signal Bend is working on its reconstruction Show is trying to pick up the pieces of his
C.D.'s Canaries: 'Into the Storm' BR 82 86 Apr 03, 2014 05:30PM
  • Arrow of Time (Marauders, #1)
  • American Hellhound (Dartmoor, #6)
  • A Family Man (The Freaks MC, #1)
  • For Your Sake (Mountain Skulls MC, #1)
  • Expose (Red Rebels MC, #2)
  • Random & Rare (Lock & Key, #2)
  • Holding On (Lights of Peril, #1)
  • Defiance (Defiance, #1)
  • Earning the Cut (Riding the Line, #1)
  • Blood in the Water (Kairos #1)
  • Ink (Haven Series, #1)
  • Hot Ride
I was born and raised in the Midwest. A few years ago, I was transplanted into the dusty soil of Northern California and have apparently taken root there. An inveterate geek and gamer, I am a fan of many things considered pop culture and maybe even lowbrow.

As a reader, my favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy, but as a writer, I've found my home in romance--or perhaps it's better to say

Signal Bend (10 books)
  • Move the Sun (Signal Bend, #1)
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Alone on Earth (Signal Bend, #4)
  • In Dark Woods (Signal Bend, #4.5)
  • All the Sky (Signal Bend, #5)
  • Show the Fire (Signal Bend, #6)
  • Leave a Trail (Signal Bend, #7)
  • Nolan: Return to Signal Bend
  • The Signal Bend Series: The Complete Series (Signal Bend, #1-8)
“I don’t want to be fixed. Not by anybody but me. Just asking if you can see your way to hang around a spell while I do it.” 6 likes
“You ask me what I want. You. I want to be good for you. I got some things to work out before I’m any good for anybody.” 3 likes