Start by marking “Darkness Falls (Dark Angels, #7)” as Want to Read:
Darkness Falls (Dark Angels, #7)

Darkness Falls

(Dark Angels #7)

New York Times bestselling author Keri Arthur brings her Dark Angels series to a breathtaking conclusion as half-werewolf, half-Aedh Risa Jones treads a knife’s edge between the salvation of the human race and its total annihilation.

The search for the last key to the gates of hell has begun, and half-werewolf, half-Aedh Risa Jones is in more danger than ever—and one misste
Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published December 2nd 2014 by Signet

Ferdy
Spoilers

Wasn't crazy about the plot, it was rather dragged out, repetitive and predictable. I did however love the world, the characters, and the romance, they were written really well.

-The plot mostly consisted of Risa and Azriel jumping from one place to another so they could find someone or something.. And each time they investigated somewhere they'd be attacked by magic or bad guys. It was the same thing over and over, and it didn't make for thrilling reading. Thankfully, the world was supe
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

I was on the brink of kissing this series goodbye after the previous installment because the plot became more about character drama than saving the world, and it has taken seven books for Risa to find three keys which was simply unacceptable. Keri Arthur left every single thread unresolved until DARKNESS FALLS, so this closer was an incredibly tall order, and while some arcs were dealt with entirely too neatly (i.e. Tao’s), the author was for the most part successful in
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
The beginning of Darkness Falls is certainly not slow. This time you don't wait for the events to start rolling; the beginning of this book is like a next chapter of the previous.

The final confrontation with the Raziq on the fields is inevitable. So is the one with the dark practitioner and Madeline Hunter.

I was afraid Hunter would appear every third page or so to threaten and that got tedious a long time ago, but the author surprised me there. While she does appear and threaten (what else is n
Jess
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B

It’s finally here, the final showdown between Risa and her two enemies – a sorceress hell bent on finding the last key, and Hunter a crazy, vampire/maenad using the power of her God to be virtually unbeatable. She’s also intent on getting her hands on the final key – a key that would take down all barriers to hell. Add in that Risa’s pregnant and is willing to do anything to keep the man she loves safe as well as their unborn child and she’s
Jenne
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well I'm sad to see this end! Things tie up nicely but it wasn't my favorite of the series. Hard to review this one without spoilers. I'm sad too that it'll be the end of the Riley and Quinn cameos. I was shocked at a few turn of events. Keri Arthur has always been a favorite of mine. She has a gift of weaving unique stories.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Keri Arthur wraps up the Dark Angels series with DARKNESS FALLS and wow, she ends it with a serious bang! The first fifty pages of this book contains more action than some books have at all so there’s no question that Arthur has turned up the dial full blast with this latest release.

Risa is running against the clock. She must find the keys, but with so many obstacles standing in the way, it seems nearly impossible to get them in time before more dire circumstances get a hold of her. Through it
Shelley
*Genre* Paranormal Romance
*Rating* Satisfactory

*My Thoughts*

Darkness Falls is the final novel in the Dark Angels series. It all comes down to the search for the final key that unlocks the gates of hell. The final confrontation with the enemies that have made Risa's life challenging and put her friends and family at risk; the Raziq, the Sorceress, and of course, Madeline fricken Hunter, the crazy maenad vampire who likes to eat her enemies.

Right from the beginning, Risa and Azriel find themselve
Ronda
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-favourites
I have to say that I struggled with the first part of this book, regardless of the fact it started off with quite a bang... This is hard to admit because I am a die hard fan of Keri Arthur and have been forever!!! However, as the story progressed and the looming battles lay ahead, I found myself eagerly anticipating what was about to happen. This overrode my slight disappointment, hence the 5 stars!!

As the first major hurdle hit, I found myself loving Amaya more than I ever had, I love that soul
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
After many, many moons, I’ve finally read Keri Arthur’s Darkness Falls, the final book in the Dark Angels series! I’m making headway into finishing up finished series! And it feels oh so good! But of course, when starting this one I was consumed with a bit of confusion and naturally, forgetfulness! That’s what happens with me apparently! But I was soon able to just get into the story at hand, even if a few faces were unfamiliar to me.

Risa and Azriel must find the final key to the last gate that
keikii Eats Books
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
To read more reviews in this series and others, check out keikii eats books!

74 points/100 (3 stars/5) [revised from 5 stars].

The countdown to the end has begun. The last key to the gates of heaven and hell has turned into a fever pitch. One wrong move and everything can go to hell, literally! It is a race to the finish.

What a common way to end a series. It is a good ending, even if it is common. Everything is wrapped up fine. There are a few things left for cleanup, but nothing we actually need
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it

Darcy
I'm glad to see this series end. For me it started out with a bang, but went out with a whimper. I liked that Riley, Quinn, and Rhoan showed up more in this one. I loved the talks that they all seemed to give Risa, yelling at her to be careful while they helped while they could.

It seemed like Risa and Azriel knew more this time around, they had the bad guys figured out, which sort of made things anti-climatic in a way. I did like seeing them get the better of the shifter and Hunter. Hunter espec
Paris
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I can't believe the series is over and Risa's journey has come to an end. This was, of course, pretty dang action packed, but there were some moments that kind of dragged. Overall, it was extremely satisfying though. All of the questions and left over bits and pieces were answered and accounted for. I love Risa and Azriel and I of course love seeing Riley and Quinn, even if only for a brief moment or two. I can't wait to read more by Keri Arthur.
Jacklynn Sizemore
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I just love Keri Arthur Dark Angels series. This book is amazing oh I so love all the characters and how they are one big family. To know more about this book grab your copy today a so so so must read!!!!!
Vee
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: very-favorites
Amazing story! A perfect end to an amazing series. I hope she revisits Risa and family again later. I look forward to more greatness from this amazing author.

Highly recommended! This series is BEST read in order :D
April Tolliver
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
loved this series, from the first guardian novel to now
Susan (Suz)
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Think the series wrapped up quite nicely, took a long time to get to the end but glad to see how things worked out, will miss them all!!
Haz
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful phenomenal ending
Claire
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok, so this is a series review based on the fact that I blasted through the 7 books without stopping to do individual ones!

I remember reading the Riley Jenson series years ago and LOVED it. Loved everything about it. I remember seeing this series and it saying it was based in the same world. I tried to read it but for some reason I couldn't get into it....

Looking back - I think I expected it to be EXACTLY like the Riley Jenson series. it's not. At the time I was disappointed. But coming at it wi
Carrie
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I admit that I took a rather long break in between books of this series before diving into this one. That being said, the author throws you right in the nonstop action that is Risa's insane life. You're forced to catch up quickly in order to follow along, but it wasn't that difficult.

The world is the same futuristic/paranormal/urban fantasy setting that I've enjoyed for a few series now. It was nice to visit with the familiar faces and also get everything tied up in a neat bow. As this is the la
Catherine Rivera
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes! Good triumphs over evil. I expected no less but the route to get there did have some unexpected twists which I enjoyed reading. The sorceress was not whom I expected surprise! I always like when that happens. Better when there are hints within the story that lead you to it. Tao's closure was better than the resolution I feared would have to happen. Hunter gets what I assume we all expect her to get. So in the end, I knew the story was wrapping up but I was sad the storyline was ending. Just ...more
denise e eckert
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Riley and Dark Angel series

I love the Characters in the Riley and Dark Angel series. I so hope that there maybe an extra novel on all these characters. Love these novels they are very exciting you never get bored. I don't think I would ever get tired of reading about the novels. Excellent....
TinaMarie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tricia
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Please no!

Please tell me this will not be the last book?! It can't be.... So much more to tell! Give us the joy of the baby, and other monsters to fight. Other characters to expand on.... Need more!
Rebekah Spychalski
Props to Keri

This book was an amazing finish to an awesome series. I just wish it could have went further. It end came to soon for my taste.. The series definitely pulls u in. And at times pulls at ur heart strings too.
Sharon
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I persevered with this series. By book 3 I was almost ready to give it up but the pace really started to fire in books 5, 6 & 7. All I can say is that I am glad that the bad buys got theirs and not too many of the goof guys bit the dust.
Lisa Teasdale
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series. I enjoy the paranormal stuff and the whole series was great. Recommend you read the complete series in order as each one moves forward to the climax and they keep you reading!
Emelyne
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exceptionnel
Amy Bradley
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Decent end to the series with a fairly epic showdown. Was a good summer read overall.
Kelly Russell
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good ending to a good series...
Madison Mega-Mara...: #60 Darkness Falls by Keri Arthur 1 1 Mar 13, 2015 02:59PM

• Cold Hard Secret  (Secret McQueen, #7)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
  • Black Heart (Black Wings, #6)
  • Hearts of Darkness (Deadglass, #1)
  • Blood Kiss (Nephilim Warrior, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Revenant (Lords of Deliverance, #6; Demonica, #12)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
  • Coveted (Gwen Sparks, #3)
  • Burn the Night (Dark Days, #6)
  • Obsidian Wings (Rune Alexander, #4)
  • A Cross to Bear (Gabriella Cross, #1)
  • Revenant (Greywalker, #9)
  • Under Suspicion (Underworld Detection Agency, #3)
  • And the Two Shall Become One (Legends of the Romanorum, #2)
  • Treasure of Lima (Rogue Angel, #46)
  • Hunter's Need (Hunters, #12)
Keri Arthur, author of the New York Times bestselling Riley Jenson, Guardian series, has now written more than 25 books. She's received several nominations in the Best Contemporary Paranormal category of the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Awards, and recently won RT's Career Achievement Award for urban fantasy. She lives in Melbourne with her daughter and two crazy dogs

Dark Angels (7 books)
  • Darkness Unbound (Dark Angels, #1)
  • Darkness Rising (Dark Angels, #2)
  • Darkness Devours (Dark Angels, #3)
  • Darkness Hunts (Dark Angels, #4)
  • Darkness Unmasked (Dark Angels, #5)
  • Darkness Splintered (Dark Angels, #6)