Start by marking “Fury of Obsession (Dragonfury, #5)” as Want to Read:
Fury of Obsession (Dragonfury, #5)

Fury of Obsession

(Dragonfury #5)

He can’t escape the sins of his past…

Toxic to all those who touch him, dragon-warrior Venom lives in self-imposed isolation, a prisoner of the poison in his veins. But when a chance meeting with a woman challenges the belief he is destined to be alone, he pulls out all the stops, vowing to put the savagery of his past behind him and take a chance on love.

She doesn’t want
Published February 24th 2015 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Fury of Obsession, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
RetiredHsMom It didn't really surprise me after reading the novella published between books 4 and 5.
Fury of Fate: A Dragonfury Short Story (Dragonfury Series)
…more
Fury of Fate: A Dragonfury Short Story (Dragonfury Series)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I listened to the audiobook of this and I was underwhelmed. At first I was excited since it's interracial. The heroine is a beautiful, dark-skinned African American woman and the hero is a dragon shifter (Caucasian in human form) from Eastern Europe. I still dug that about the story even though I was overall disappointed.

I think that the major issue is that it was too derivative for me. I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood, and I like that it's had an impact on paranormal romance, but I would li
Beth
Can a toxic dragon find true love? Luckily, Venom has a soul mate out there somewhere waiting for him and this is his story in Fury of Obsession.

Feeling extremely alone and isolated after his partner found his mate, Venom heads to a club to find temporary solace in a woman's arms.

Evelyn Foxe's life has hit rock bottom. Her mother's gambling habits has put in the sights of a loan shark with no chance of her ever being able to pay back the debt. When all options fail, she takes drastic measure th
Paranormal Kiss
3.5 Stars

Fury of Obsession by Coreene Callahan is the 5th book in the Dragonfury series. It took me awhile to get into this one. There are several plot lines running concurrently and it’s not until around the halfway point that things start to gain a cohesive focus. There are several main characters. On one hand we follow Gage, who is imprisoned and being tortured. On another is Ivar and his plot to infect an entire town with a deadly virus. Then there is Venom who is struggling to overcome lone
CeCe
Jun 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF

Too much inner dialogue.
Venom seemed like he was not picky who would be in his bed or that he would be able to love and touch so I did not feel any connection between him and Evelyn.

This could have been good but the author should have cut half of the information in the book. I did not need every characters' thoughts about everything.
Lover of Romance
Venom, is a toxic dragon warrior, and has always felt isolated from others. His touch can be poison, especially to women. He has the capability to make them sick or even kill them if they are not his mate, the only one who is built to withstand his toxic touch. With his best friend, having recently found his mate, Venom feels more alone than ever. So feeling caged and needed to find some release, he goes in search of a woman, one with high energy to feed on. Evelyn Foxe had a prestigious career ...more
Shauni

Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

You know what I find amazing? Coreene Callahan has only written FIVE Dragonfury books (and one novella). I was astounded when I realized that this series really only had five books. It is such an epic series, larger than life that I keep thinking there were many more books. The good news is, there will be! *grins*

Fury of Obsession tells us Venom's story. It seems Venom, although a toxic dragon, secretly envious his friends who have found their mates. It's har
Claudia
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the fifth book in the Dragonfury series and First I have to say, these books should be read in order. Otherwise you will Miss some developments. Nevertheless I read only the first two books. But now I have to read three and four for sure.

this time it is Venom will find his mate. Venom is a very unusual Dragon as no one can bear his touch for more than forty five minutes or so. His closest friend has finally found love and Venom feels alone although he is very happy for his friend. As he
Stacie
Dec 26, 2014 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars!

Well, what to say about this one...

I'll start with what I liked - Venom and Evelyn. I loved both characters. Venom is the perfect combination of sweet and dominant. And let me add hot and sexy. Evelyn is the perfect combination of sweet and sassy. They are so good for each other. More of what I liked is the story of what is going on in the Dragonkind world. That's all I'll say about that- don't want to give anything away.

What I didn't like- waaaay too wordy! A whole lot of bla, bla,
LizBookAddict
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, paranormal

4 Sweet and Deadly Dragon STARS★★★★

Meet Venom... toxic to everyone he touches for more than 45 minutes, he cannot be with a female for longer than that.. He's also very sweet and the type that reveres females so not being able to touch and pleasure a female is pure torture to him..

Then he meets Evelyn, a female that tries her hand as a high class escort in order to gain some quick cash.. cue the violins and insta-love connection for mates and you have a story...

Also in this book we see Ivar, sca
 Reading In Pajamas
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review: Fury of Obsession (Dragonfury Series Book 5) by Coreene Callahan http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-27o
Publication Date: February 24, 2015
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Cori
Rated: 4.5 Stars

I loved Venom’s story! I originally found this series on The Kindle Prime Lending Library and read the first couple books free and then bought them because I became addicted and wanted to keep them. Coreene Callahan’s Dragonfury Series is incredible! It’s packed full of action, danger and smoking hot romance. Fury
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Venom secretly longed for a relationship. Seeing his brothers in arms had opened up his eyes to what he needs. Someone he can call his own. But being a toxic dragon that he is, he never thought it was possible…until the night he goes AWOL.

Pushed into desperate time, Evelyn Foxe has to find a way for quick money. But what does a very smart, top notch, out-of-luck accountant do? Yup, you guessed it. Go and work with the city’s top Madame. She has no choice. A lady does what she has to do right?

I
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)

*4.5 Stars*

Dragon-warrior Venom is alone in the midst of all his coupled-up brothers. His loneliness is exacerbated by the fact that his longing for a mate of his own cannot be fulfilled because, due to his genetic makeup he is toxic (literally) and cannot spend a lot of time with a female without making her sick or even causing her death. He is reduced to short-term interludes that only intensify his longing for a mate. Until he encounters Evelyn Foxe. Evelyn is the perfect fit for Venom but sh
Marta Cox
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ooh here we have the fifth book in the Dragonfury series and this time it's the ever so isolated and lonely Venom who steps up. Venom has a very unusual problem in that no one can bear his touch for more than forty five minutes or so. His closest friend has finally found love and feeling totally despondent Venom goes out seeking the comfort only found in the arm's of a woman but what he encounters will change his world.
Evelyn is really caught in a bad place. Her late mother left debts that need
Eva Millien
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Toxic to all who touch him, Venom lives in a self imposed exile until a chance meeting with Evelyn Foxe has him taking a chance on love only for her to get caught up in a firestorm in this enthralling paranormal romance.

Evelyn’s life has went to hell lately and only seems to be getting worse until during a desperate attempt at fixing one thing she meets Venom and he has her hoping that things might turn for the better. The reader can’t help but get caught up in the story of these strong compelli
Melindeeloo
3.5 stars - I actually ended up liking Fury of Obsession a lot, even though it was about 50% in before everything really got rolling. That's because this book had alot going on, and in addition to the romance for dragon Venom, there is major page time for Gage, one of the two dragons who are captured and tortured while on a scouting mission, and a bit of time with bad guy Ivar as he tries to put one of his science projects into play. So this is pretty much an ensemble piece.

Even though I'd forgo
Jeanny
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fun read, I wouldn't recommend this as a stand alone. I'm actually going to go back & purchase the books prior in this series. The world seems interesting & the writing was good. However I think I would have enjoyed the book much more if I'd been familiar with some basics prior to reading it. I aim to remedy that. =)
Pamela Y.
Fury

I loved Venom and Evie's story. I am a big fan of this entire series. I gave this story 3 stars because I didn't like reading what the characters were thinking instead of actual conversation. There was no real flow because the character would spend so much time describing what they saw, how they felt but in their mind (sometimes during a supposed conversation) through a majority of the book.
Nerdy Girl
Awww, man!

I really wanted to enjoy this. It's rare that you find a story with a black female love interest. Alas, the love part of this love story was minimal. As someone else stated, though Evie was described as being a super intelligent and witty female, all we saw her do was have sex. Little if any contribution to the plot or pack. Oh well. Plus, I found myself skipping over much of the other stories. They just didn't hold my interest.
Sunny
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it
A little frustrating. There is too much attention to the "other stories" and not to the main characters.
Under the Covers Book Blog
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it

Venom secretly longed for a relationship. Seeing his brothers in arms had opened up his eyes to what he needs. Someone he can call his own. But being a toxic dragon that he is, he never thought it was possible...until the night he goes AWOL.

Dotti Elrick
Mar 10, 2015 rated it liked it
The Dragonfury books are one of my favorites. I have loved Venom from the first book. I was really looking forward to his story. While the overall story was good, there just wasn't much of Venom and Evie.
Evelyn has fallen on hard times, she's lost her job, and her mother died recently leaving her to handle the huge gambling debt she owes the Russian mob. She finds herself in a dire situation with, in her mind, only one option left. Sell the only thing she has left to sell, herself.
Venom is a rar
C.A. Szarek
HARD TO TOP!

Every time I pick up a book from this series I think to myself that I surely I can't love it more than the last one. And so far with every book in the series I've been proven wrong.

I like Venom in the other books, sure, but he kind of was a jerk at times, even though he made me laugh. So I was slightly apprehensive about his story.

Of course none of that needed to be. He was more than awesome! I felt for him from the start and I really wanted him to have happiness! I thought I am in a
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
I have been a Venom fan throughout this series. I was so happy to see him get his own book! He is a great friend, a kick ass warrior, a totally alpha male, a video game geek, and a shifter thinking he can never have what his friends have---a true mate to spend the rest of his life with. As his name says, Venom is poisonous. No one can touch him for very long without become sick or dead. Apparently his true mate is immune to his poisons. Venom is anything if not calm and encouraging to Evelyn. Th ...more
Heather
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! This was my first Coreene Callahan book, and I loved it! I don't usually like to start a new series without starting from the beginning. Sometimes things don't make sense, or they are confusing, but that was not a problem with this book. It was very interesting and enthralling. It is all written so well. Venom is one of my all-time favorite characters. He is so wonderfully complex. It is easy to see a lot of thought and feelings had to go into writing his character. I loved that he was ...more
Jo
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gr2015, 4-stars

A great addition to this series

I loved Venom. After Wick he is my favourite Nightfury dragon. All Venom wanted was a woman of his own, one that could withstand his toxic nature. I loved how sweet he was towards Evelyn, and how he wanted to woo her, instead of just forcing her to go with him.

Evelyn was in a very bad situation, needing money to pay her mother’s gambling debts to the mob, and because of situations beyond her control, the only way she could get instant cash was to prostitute herse

Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
Unfortunately Venom's story was a bit of a disappointment. Firstly I should say this series is very similar to JR Ward's BDB series with respect to writing style, but I love the BDB so I am good with that. I am even cool with the many POVs in the story, but what I am not cool with is the subplots and overall arc taking over the romance and I felt that is what happened here.

It started off really strong - and I thought Venom and Evie had great chemistry when they first met in the hotel room. It wa
Caroline Greyling
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-fiction
Venom craves touch and longs to find a mate to call his own and share his life with. Life has never been easy for him though, especially when his very touch is lethal to all others. So when he stumbles across Evelyn Foxe, Venom can’t believe the turn of events. She is his perfect match in every way. The only person who is immune to the toxins of his touch.

The connection is instant and strong, but Venom is terrified of losing Evelyn if he reveals too much too soon. He plans to woo her before he
The Window Seat
Jul 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I know I have said this before, but it bears repeating... The Dragonfury series is the Black Dagger Brotherhood, but with dragons instead of vampires. So much so, that throughout the reading of this book, it seemed "wrong" that Venom's best friend was Wick. Since Venom is most like Vishous, it "felt" like his best friend should be Mac (most like Butch) rather than Wick (most like Zsadist). If this sounds confusing... yeah... it was....

Venom is a dragon that has poison as his base - and it is bot
Marie
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Received a copy of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The plans of mice and men...

5 out of 5 Stars

What did I like?
I couldn't wait to finish this book. I love that Venom tried to meet her halfway, rather than just kidnap her like all the others. Can't wait for the confrontation with Rodin, hope they kill the son and Rodin too. Speculating that some of the HE females that Ivar has stashed are mates to the other Nightfuries or perhaps Azrad and his crew.

What did I not like?
Christie
I mostly enjoyed this book. Because of the over used environmental (personal issues)tirades that several characters display, I had to knock off a star. This is book 5, we know where you personally stand on the subject. Move on!!!!!! If this continues in the next book, I will not be continuing this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Release Date 5 22 Dec 27, 2014 10:55AM

• Forbidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #3)
  • Ember's Kiss (Dragonfire, #8)
  • Never Deal with Dragons (Never Deal with Dragons, #1)
  • Dark Heat: The Dark Kings Stories (Dark Kings, #0.1-0.3)
  • Taming The Dragon
  • By Fairy Means or Foul (Starfig Investigations, #1)
  • Call of the Wilds (Black Wolf Gorge, #1)
  • Dragon Awakened (The Hidden, #1)
  • Cole's Redemption (Alpha Pack, #5)
  • Caged Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters #5)
  • Blood Warrior (Dragon Kings, #2)
  • Pia Saves the Day (Elder Races, #6.6)
  • Border Lair (Dragon Knights, #2)
Coreene Callahan is the bestselling author of the Dragonfury Novels and Circle of Seven Series, in which she combines her love of romance and adventure with her passion for history. After graduating with honors in psychology and taking a detour to work in interior design, Coreene finally returned to her first love: writing. Her debut novel, Fury of Fire was a finalist in the New Jersey Romance Wri ...more

Dragonfury (6 books)
  • Fury of Fire (Dragonfury, #1)
  • Fury of Ice (Dragonfury, #2)
  • Fury of Seduction (Dragonfury, #3)
  • Fury of Desire (Dragonfury, #4)
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
“Wishing for something, however, never made it happen. Or changed the facts.” 0 likes