Start by marking “Morgen kommt ein neuer Himmel” as Want to Read:
Morgen kommt ein neuer Himmel

Morgen kommt ein neuer Himmel

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  17,424 ratings  ·  2,355 reviews
Als Brett 14 Jahre alt war, hatte sie noch große Pläne für ihr Leben, festgehalten auf einer Liste mit Lebenszielen. Heute, mit 34 Jahren, ist die Liste vergessen und Brett mit dem zufrieden, was sie hat: einen Freund, einen Job, eine schicke Wohnung.
Doch als ihre Mutter Elizabeth stirbt, taucht die Liste wieder auf: Aus dem Mülleimer gefischt, hat ihre Mutter die Li
Published March 27th 2014 by Krüger (first published 2013)

·  17,424 ratings  ·  2,355 reviews

Start your review of Morgen kommt ein neuer Himmel
Lori Spielman
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for reading and spreading the word if you liked it!
Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway)
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Nicholas Sparks
Shelves: contemporary
I decided to pick The Life List for Romance month over at The Book Geek Blog. One of my best friends recommended this novel to me, saying she read it in one sitting and absolutely loved it.

I wouldn’t say this is a bad book, but it’s most certainly not my book.

Look at the following quotes:
“Love is the one thing on which you should never compromise.”

And
“There will be another sky, my love, just you wait.”

Now, if these are the kind of quotes that make you swoon and want to pick up a book immediately then you might very wel/>“Love
Heather
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars is definitely not enough for this book. I wish I could give it 10!

Most well written books offer enjoyable moments, clever dialogue, and an entertaining adventure for the reader. But a very special few of these books touch a reader's soul in a way that makes them look at life differently, in a way that makes them feel alive, and in a way that that book will be cherished on their bookshelf like an old photograph to be looked at, revisited, and thought of with fond memories – a
Relyn
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: not a single soul
Recommended to Relyn by: no idea
Shelves: audiobooks
(insert big sigh) What to write about this book? I wanted to like it. I did. I was curious enough to finish it, but barely. If I had been reading instead of listening, I know I would have turned to the back and read the last chapter when I was about a 1/4 of the way in. What's wrong with this book?

* The idea of a life list is fun, and very current (just search it on Pinterest), but certainly not very original.
* Spielman's similes are pretty good, but are so frequent that they become annoying.
*TANYA*
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahh, this book was so adorable!! I was very emotional throughout the book. I cried and laughed. I felt just about every emotion there was to feel with this book. A must read!!
Kylie H
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, drama
Brett (a woman with a male name she constantly finds herself explaining) is devastated when her mother passes away. However, the real shock comes for her with the reading of her mother's will. She is to complete a list of tasks in order to be eligible for her inheritance.
This book was quite heart warming, while Brett struggles with grief and coming to terms with the conditions in her mother's will. But will the tasks force Brett to actually start to live her own life?
This was heading
Diana
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just read a column in the Sunday NYT by Charles McGrath that completely explains why I finished this book despite the fact that the whole time I couldn't believe how bad the writing was.
"That's the problem with fiction - or the charm, if you want. Even mediocre plots have a way of sinking their hooks into you, until you find yourself concerned for the fates of characters who aren't even fully convincing." As a real person Brett Bohlinger made a lot of mistaken assumptions about people and beh
Sherri Thacker
I truly loved this book. From the first page to the last page. It was like a breath of fresh air. Didn't want it to end and I kept reading and reading not wanting to put it down. Hard to believe this is the authors debut book. I will definitely be waiting patiently for her next book. Highly recommend!! Loved it!!!!
Jo
**re-post of my review since it went missing for no apparent reason **

“’ Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “Do something every day that scares you. “Continue to push yourself to do those things that scare you, darling. Take those risks and see where you land, for they are the very things that make this journey worthwhile.”’

Have you ever written a life list?

Put down your wishes and dreams, from silly ones that seem crucial at t**
Brian
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I should have known from the purplish cover and the flower, that this book was a chick lit book. I dove in bravely, ready for shallowness, and then I was somewhat surprised. THe plot is about a woman who loses her mother, who is her best friend to cancer. The mother leaves her other two children with their inheritances, but for the unfortunately named Brett, she must go through a list of things she wanted to accomplish in her life that she wrote as a child and do them all to get it. The story re ...more
Susan Phillips
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recent-reads
Fiction: This book doesn’t come out until summer 2013 but I was lucky enough to get an early copy. Chick Lit at it’s best! I devoured this one. A great heroine, a strange will, a seemingly impossible quest. The book has real heart.
Olga Godim
Aug 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mainstream
Without a doubt, this book is a powerful work of fiction, stirring a bittersweet brew of emotions in its reader. Beautifully written, it tells a poignant story of a mother-daughter love transcending death. At least on the surface, it does, but when you dig deeper, you realize that something doesn’t jibe. Although at first glance, the book’s vibrations seem authentic, beneath the cosmetic layer, falsehood resides.
The novel starts, when Brett’s beloved mother, Elizabeth, dies from cancer. Stricke
Ann
I received this book from GoodReads First Reads

To obtain her inheritance, Brett must complete the remaining ten items on her list of life goals that she wrote as a teenager - within a year!
1. Have a baby, maybe two
2. Get a dog
3. Stay friends with Carrie Newsome forever!
4. Help poor people
9. Have a good relationship with my dad
10. Be an awesome te/>
Scott Southard
Jul 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed this book for WKAR's radio show Current State. You can listen to the review here (http://wkar.org/post/book-review-lori...) or read below

I never liked the book description “Women’s Fiction.”

It is the literary equivalent of the pink aisle in toy stores, no boys allowed. The funny thing is I have yet to see a book described as Men’s Fiction, but I am assuming it would involve fast cars, loose women, and a l
Agi
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite, 2013
Actually, I don't know what I should say about this book to do it a justice, because in my opinion it was a wonderful book. I read a lot, really, but it is only from time to time that I find a book that I love so much from the very beginning to the very end and which captures my attention and has me so hooked. I have actually stayed almost the whole night yesterday to finish it, I couldn't put it down.
It is a beautiful story. It has beautiful characters, it has beautiful plot. It's funny -
Joan Nelson
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Definitely
Lori has made her parents very proud. It is hard not to boast about her accomplishments. I have read many books, and this one rates right up there with the best. Right from the beginning, it caught my interest and held it all the way through until the very end. I can't say enough about "The Life List". I know everyone will enjoy this book, and highly recommend as a good read.
I so enjoyed this book! The Life List captures the spirit of remembering what was once important to you and not letting fear stand in the way of completing one's goals. Thirty-four-year-old Brett Bohlinger has received this very gift from her late mother. According to her mother's will, in order for Brett to receive any inheritance she must complete a life list she made and discarded at age fourteen. Her mother apparently found the list long ago and has been marking off the items as Brett inadverten ...more
Trewen
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, chick-lit

Audio

1 1/2 stars

Such a disappointment because with all the high rating I expected so much more.
I just wanted it to be over.

There are so many reasons I didn't like the book.

*I felt absolutely no emotion for or connection with any of the characters.
I thought it was overly dramatic and contrived. In fact, I didn't really like any of them except for maybe the attorney. This possibly had to do with the reader of the audio book.

*I got very t
Julia
I seem to be in the minority in that I thought this book was just ok.

After her mother passes away, protagonist 34 yr old Brett, must complete a "life list" she created as a 12yr old before she can collect her inheritance.
I loved the premise of the story, but I think the fact that Brett blamed everything on her mother, and did not stand up for herself kept me from really enjoying the book. She seemed to go back & forth from a strong confident woman to a whiny no-backbone wim
Debra
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads-won
Won through Goodreads first reads giveaway.

I would give the book a 4.5 rating if I could.

This book is about about Brett, a woman who just lost her mother. At the reading of the will, she learns that she will not inherit her Mother's company but must instead complete a life list she wrote when she was a teenager. The description does not do this book justice. This is such a beautiful story. This book is simply a delight to read. The characters and plot are well written. It makes you
Carla
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Jan
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really need to remember that if the phrase “chick lit” comes anywhere near a book I think I want to read, I must resist. It’s just not the genre for me. I may get sucked in, but I’m almost always very disappointed.

And so it was for “The Life List,” Lori Nelson Spielman’s debut novel. An intriguing if totally unbelievable premise: a 34-year-old woman, Brett, learns upon her adored mother’s death that her huge inheritance is contingent upon Brett’s completing a life list she wrote at
Andrea
Sep 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Rounding up to 4 stars because this story was just washed with cozy feelings and charming characters. (Although the sheer amount of what the main character accomplishes in a single year makes me feel slightly slothful!)
Anna
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful debut novel for my former high school counselor that I couldn't put down. Fully satisfying in a comfort food kinda way. All loose ends of Brett's story trying to fulfill her 14-year-old self's life list are tied up at the end following some very predictable conclusions, but also a few unexpected twists along the way. I'm looking forward to many more novels from Lori to enjoy!
Anita
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful and entertaining read. Finished in 2 days and enjoyed Brett's journey so much. I have a smile on my face and I can say I'm thinking of warm family times and my own life list.

Tann Medi
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PERFECTO!
Liesa
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 // Loved this one!
Julie Valerie
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE LIFE LIST is the perfect book club book. For one, the premise behind THE LIFE LIST is so intriguing. Imagine for a moment that upon your mother's death you are asked to live out items from a bucket list you wrote when you were a teenager. Before reading the first page I was already thinking about the sort of things I would have written on a list when I was younger compared to a list I would write now, as an adult. My instinct is to tell you that items on my teenage list would probably be sil ...more
Mihaela
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As chick lit as some people might call it, I full heartedly rated this novel 5 stars because I just felt like it. It is an amazing story and I am grateful to have had a chance to read it.
Stephen Tremp
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every year I like to read a few books outside of my genre of Action, Suspense, and Science Fiction. I found a real winner in Lori Nelson Spielman’s The Life List. What stood out was the character arc: Will the character grow and overcome in order to solve her challenges?

The conflict in the story is immediate. Brett Bohlinger is at a crossroads. Her recently deceased and beloved mother, patriarch of a successful global cosmetics company in Chicago, has passed. In order to receive her
Goodreads Librari...: Change description 2 21 Jan 21, 2016 11:02PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #63 - The Life List 1 2 Apr 06, 2015 12:23PM
Chick Lit Book Club: 3/2014: The Life List: Chit Chat 25 98 Jul 04, 2014 01:26PM
Chick Lit Book Club: 3/2014: The Life List Chapter 1 - 7 14 66 Jun 22, 2014 06:10PM
Ch 1-8 Brett deals with death and starts living 6 23 Jun 03, 2014 02:26PM
Chick Lit Book Club: 3/2014: The Life List Chapter 22 - 30 8 31 Mar 26, 2014 10:52AM
Chick Lit Book Club: 3/2014: The Life List Chapters 8 - 14 8 24 Mar 25, 2014 10:42AM

• N'attends pas que les orages passent et apprends à danser sous la pluie
  • Tu comprendras quand tu seras plus grande
  • Intoarce-te la mine
  • Une évidence
  • Le parfum du bonheur est plus fort sous la pluie
  • Lieblingsmomente (Lieblingsmomente, #1)
  • Irgendwie hatte ich mir das anders vorgestellt
  • Englantilainen romanssi
  • Kein Himmel ohne Sterne
  • Drei Frauen am See
  • Le premier jour du reste de ma vie
  • Ta deuxième vie commence quand tu comprends que tu n'en as qu'une
  • Pala omaa taivasta
  • Caruselul iubirii
  • Sumulaakson kartano
  • Ihan pähkinöinä
  • Det søte liv
  • Sotaleski (Syrjästäkatsojan tarinoita #7)
Lori Nelson Spielman lives in East Lansing, Michigan, with her husband and a very spoiled cat. A former speech pathologist and guidance counselor, she currently works as a homebound teacher for inner-city students. Lori enjoys fitness running, traveling, and reading, though writing is her true passion. She spends her winters cursing the god-awful Michigan winters, and her summers sailing the glori ...more
“Love is the one thing on which you should never compromise” 35 likes