Start by marking “Rogue Alliance” as Want to Read:

(Rogue Saga)

Trying to escape a horrific past, Shyla has immersed herself in life as a tough cop in the bustle of LA. When the case of a lifetime takes her back to her hometown of Redding, she is thrown into a world of organized crime, deceit, and bitter reminders of her childhood.

As Shyla’s path crosses that of Brennan, a troubled sidekick to the ringleader she’s intent on taking
Kindle Edition, revision, 290 pages
Published December 6th 2013 by Pandamoon Publishing (first published October 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Alliance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue Alliance

Start your review of Rogue Alliance
Richa
Dec 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Originally posted at City of Books - http://ecstatic-for-books.blogspot.com/

Wow. I was honestly speechless after reading this book. In fact, I couldn't get it out of my head even a whole day after I finished it - that's how much of an impact it had on me! Rogue Alliance was absolutely captivating; I couldn't stop reading even if I wanted to. And I didn't. This book was filled with action, suspense, and mystery, as well as heart-warming romance!

Let me begin with the plot. It was unlike anything
Uvi Poznansky
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book I've read from this author's pen, and I am amazed not only at the swiftness of her writing but its intensity as well. Her skill and story-telling talent are strong in every genre she puts her mind into, they ring clear with every turn of phrase.

The characters are rich with flaws and imperfections. They are possessed by vivid pasts that affects their actions even in the here and now. Take Shyla for example: at first glance, as she is waking up in her garage from
Quinn Barrett
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rogue Alliance is a unique blend of mystery, suspense, and even a little romance with some underlying paranormal elements. Author Bellon lets her imagination run wild as she pieces together different genres into what should be a traditional crime story, but is not. The novel flows well and keeps readers entertained.

Readers could have initial issues with believability if they only assess Rogue Alliance as a top level crime drama. However, we encourage readers to hold their final opinion till
Candace
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would like to happily announce that I have found my next reading OBSESSION. Michelle Bellon's Rogue Alliance: Part One of the Shyla Ericson Series is a novel that caught me totally off guard. Not knowing what to expect in this novel, I read that Rogue Alliance was described as a sexy chick lit/crime thriller. This description definitely caught my attention as I'm a fan of romance (with sex) and chick lit. I have to admit that crime thrillers aren't always my cup of tea, but every now and then ...more
Seirra
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A review copy was provided for an honest review. I kept waiting for the moment when Rogue Alliance would cease to hold my interest but that moment never came. It held my attention throughout the whole novel and I enjoyed every page, it was wonderfully told and well written--Michelle Bellon does a truly spectacular job engaging readers. Also the cover design of the book is beautiful which is just another reason to grab it. As soon as I read the summary I instantly wanted to read more; Shyla is a ...more
Jeannie Zelos
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rogue Alliance . Michelle Bellon
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book reviews.
So, I liked the sound of this, but for some odd reason I had it in my head it was paranormal. So of course on reading I was expecting vampires or something, but the closest we get is Brennan, who's escaped from a “clinic” where he's been held for years, genetically modified and undergone some horrific treatments. That’s my fault though for not reading the description properly! My bad... Nevertheless it was still an
Gaele
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It isn’t often that I find a book that can cross and successfully integrate multiple genres with panache and purely written prose. Michelle Bellon has managed to provide the thrill of suspense, a dash of mystery, romance, vampires and a strong yet vulnerable female protagonist where none of the major threads are dropped or feel incomplete.

Storytelling and setting a scene for the reader are two of her strong points, the characters pack near visceral punches with their definition and points of
Reader's Paradise
Shelves: review

Rogue Alliance by Michelle Bellon

This is the first Michelle Bellon book I have read and it will NOT be the last. I was blown away with how fluid her writing style was. She doesn’t belabor the reader with distractions; I was able to read all the way through without those bumpy moments. Bellon has a wicked pen and gets right to the point. The detail is added as an afterthought during the cohesive narration and I appreciated that, it kept the story moving. Writing in this style leaves more room for
Diane
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I rate this 5 Stars, Heck 10 Stars or 100 Stars+ if possible because Rogue Alliance was that great! When I come across such exceptional writing talent from an author unfamiliar to me, I have to do a happy dance. Michelle Bellon, this happy dance is for you!! You have certainly made it to my favorite author list.

If you are a reader of crime thrillers, mystery novels, romance or sci-fi/paranormal, then this is the book for you. Even if these are not your type of books, then step outside of your
Kaitlin
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rogue Alliance was the first book I've read by Michelle Bellon, but it won't be the last. I was very pleasantly surprised with her writing.

Rogue Alliance is the first book in her Shyla Ericson series. Going into reading it, I didn't know much about what the story was going to be like. The blend of suspense, romance and a bit of paranormal worked wonders on peaking my interest.

Shyla is a very relatable character, so I'm glad the series is based about her. She's had one hell of a troublesome past
J. Cafesin
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was given in exchange for an honest review.

Opening sequence pulled me in instantly. Viscerally told. Clean, clear prose, camera pov held my attention, even with the brutal ending of the first chapter. I've never read fantasy fiction before, or...hmmm...kind of like the new TV series Beauty and the Beast, might be an apt description of Rogue Alliance.

The female lead, Shyla, is on the page, an abused child grown to edgy woman, but with most of our female trappings of insecurity and
Lucinda Jester Smith
First I want to thank Michell Bellon for this awesome book! From the beginning of Rouge Alliance I was hooked!!! Shyla a Federal Agent working in the Narcotics Division in LA and has made it her goal for over a year to bust Drug Lord Victor Champlain. Finally, her chance comes when her Boss sends her undercover to Redding CA. where Victor Champlain is living... the downside to all of this is Redding is Shyla's hometown which she left fifteen years ago after a horrific childhood murder. Shyla ...more
Tnt Reviews
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I LOVED THIS BOOK! I need to own this in paperback, having the e-book is not enough, I want to feel it, sniff it and see it on my bookshelf every time I walk past it.

Rogue Alliance has it all, from the smooth villain to the rugged hero with the dark secret. There is a kick-ass undercover heroine who infiltrates a highly dangerous situation and comes face to face with her past while in life threatening positions.

Shyla, is a brilliant
Athena Nagel
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I love stories that seem to cross multiple genres. The variety makes the stories so much richer and enjoyable. Shyla is a very independent minded, strong, female heroine, police officer who has been assigned to the case of her life. Shyla had a very troubled childhood and hated the town she lived in. This case involves her going back - undercover - to her hometown. She is not at all pleased about that but still takes the case. The other two main characters are Victor and Brennan. Brennan has ...more
Lysander Hansen
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With Brennan, Bellon reinvents the idea of a modern vampire — Brennan has been genetically engineered by some questionable scientists to need blood to survive. This is a really cool thing to read, because let’s be honest — the vampire in literature has mostly become a collection of tropes. With Brennan, the whole idea is reinvented and humanized, and there’s a little “X-Men” flavor to the way Brennan was made into the man he is when the novel opens.

It takes a lot of talent to do what Bellon has
Andy McBride
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is definitely one of a few that I would call too-good-to-put-down. The tale is gripping from the very first paragraph with an exciting opening to an intense, heart pounding finish. Everything in between is fun and adventurous as the characters grapple with their own personal demons while conflicting with other characters and each trying to achieve their own goals. The story never sags or gets dull and you will thoroughly enjoy the real-world, paranormal aspect created by a mad ...more
Sandra Love
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
By: Michelle Bellon
Star Rating 5

Received a copy to review!! From All Things Book Review

I completely loved this book, it was unique and in a good way. A great Vampire book mixed with action. Not your typical vampire novel either.. But better. I loved the characters Shyla and Brennon both really sexy. I loved that it was original and it wasn't predictable!!! Some parts had me going OMG. (I don't want to give anything away)

The story line will keep you intrigued and never a dull
Brooke Hargett
Feb 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. I always appreciate a strong female lead and I loved the tension between Shayla and Brennon. I was glad I knew going in about the paranormal aspects because then I was able to suspend my belief and enjoy the story more. Shayla has been through some tough things and I admire her courage to go back to her roots and confront everything. This books has an interesting premise and was a fast-paced read.
Melanie Larsen
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book really caught my interest. It is perfect for a Young Adult and also really good as a Paranormal Romance. It sucks you in from the first chapter and keeps you there waiting for the next move. It seems like it is real and not only a book. I love how Michelle mixed the real world with the fictional and got it perfect. It is a Must read!
Paddy O'callaghan

Tastefully sexy,crime related vampiric chick lit. Quite the combo,, and it works. Whilst quite girlie, I don't see why the majority of men wouldn't enjoy it as well. Yep, it's complex, and one definitely needs to pay close attention but it's by no means opaque or overly difficult; go for it, it's a book you definitely won't regret starting.
Chrissy Lessey
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michelle Bellon has kicked off what is sure to be a thrilling series with Rogue Alliance. I was fascinated by the main character, Shyla, and I can't wait to see what will happen in the next installment.

In short, Rogue Alliance is an excellent story and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Lorena
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I go this from the First-Reads giveaways here on GoodReads and I am very excited to read this!
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read cover to cover in one day. Refreshingly different take on vampires..... Loved it!!! Must read. All I can say is that there better be a sequel ;-)
Cary Morton
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
For my complete and honest review, visit: http://wp.me/p37Zro-yT
Jeff Messick
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Overall, this is just a great story to read. Michelle Bellon has created a good, tight storyline and a believable heroine in Shyla. The story moved quickly and without many meanderings or wasted efforts. The interplay between Brennan and Shyla was very well written and the dialogue with other characters was precise and to the point as well. There was not an overabundance of descriptive prose to slog through to get to the story. The story was right there the whole time.

Shyla has an alcohol
Elgon Williams
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Please Note: The book cover displayed on this review's link is the correct cover for the reviewed version of the book.

Rogue Alliance is the first in a series. Its premise is intriguing. Think of it like this: a genetically engineered superhuman with a vampire-like need for blood meets a shrewd and sarcastic female narcotics detective who wants to take down a powerful crime boss. Over the course of the novel their alliances conflict leading each to go rogue - in a way. That’s not intended as a
Kristin
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Throw one emotionally messed up cop woman together with a genetically enhanced man who feeds on blood, along with a drug cartel leader, and what do you get? This book. I never thought I would see a non-fantasy book that had an actual "feeding on blood" human. You can't really call him a vampire, but surviving on blood is just too abnormal to not call him something. Either way Brennan is one messed up dude looking for some sort of
Tonya
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Rogue Alliance starts with Brennan and genetic testing and explains how a nice guy like him ended up working on the wrong side of the law.

Then we meet Shyla, a tough cop, who doesn't listen to her superiors, would rather work alone and has hardened her heart after a rough childhood and has a few bad vices.

She goes far undercover and dives right in, trying to take down the bad guys, causing her to meet and feel an instant spark with Brennan but tries to ignore it and focus on the case.

There were
Carrie
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a novel with a strong female protagonist, and Shyla Ericson, a strong-willed DEA agent doesn't disappoint. Not one to let a man intimidate her, she can hold her own with the big boys. But she has a softer side too, as evidenced by a friendship she strikes up with a lonely teenage girl. Determined to bring down a drug kingpin, Shyla goes undercover to get closer to him. What she doesn't plan on is meeting Brennan Miles, a genetically altered kidnap victim who has unimaginable ...more
Christine Gabriel
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First off, bravo to Author Michelle Bellon - You've earned a true fan!

Rogue Alliance has it all - mystery, suspense, romance, and more. I literally read this book in one sitting...it was that fabulous! The characters were well thought out and the book kept me completely intrigued.

Shyla is one stubborn, feisty cop who is determined to take down drug lord Victor, and ultimately ends up meeting Brennan, a genetically altered human who is most certainly swoon-worthy.

I ordered the paperback and wow,
Michelle Bellon currently lives in the Pacific Northwest with her fiance and four children. She earned her Associates degree in Nursing and fills her free time with her love for writing. She has published three novels.