Start by marking “Nicolae: The Rise of Antichrist” as Want to Read:
Nicolae: The Rise of Antichrist

Nicolae: The Rise of Antichrist (Left Behind #3)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  30,461 Ratings  ·  641 Reviews
Only one series will take you to the end of the world as you explore eternal truth: the best-selling Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. Now the entire series is available in an audio CD format. Each abridged CD is read by Frank Muller. It has been nearly two years since the day of the mass disappearances. In one cataclysmic instant, millions all over th ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 180 pages
Published October 1st 2000 by Tyndale Audio (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Nicolae, please sign up.

Jerry There are nineteen chapters with 270 pages total.

Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, I must dispute some of the claims made by other reviewers. They claim that this series is sexist, mainly because of the character of Hattie Durham. That is ridiculous, not only because such women exist in the world, but especially because there are other female characters (Chloe, for example) who do not behave in this manner. Additionally, there are male characters who have impure sexual motives as well. So, calling this book sexist is utterly unfounded. Secondly, they have called this bo ...more
Alexander

This is the third novel in the Left Behind series. The novel continues to build off of where the last book left off. The book was really intense in some parts, while other parts felt like they were added into the novel to make the book longer. Overall it was a nice installment to the series.

Pros

Intense
Character development
Plot development
Clift hangers

Cons

A few slow parts
Sarah Swann
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good follow up! The craziness that the characters went through in this one were fast paced and had me on the edge of my seat. And I loved the way it ended.
Lauren
Oct 01, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
[audiobook]
At this point I'm only listening to these for laughs and because they don't require much thought to follow. Being the third book in the series, there's a lot of time spent recapping the entire premise of the original story and the previous books, but most of this doesn't show up until the last third of the book.
Again, the author shows that he has very limited knowledge of science despite attempting to throw terms into the book, even allowing for dating technology back about 15 years
BAM The Bibliomaniac
You know for born-again Christians these are some selfish, self-centered, entitled people? Or is that redundant?

Statements one doesn't hear everyday:

"I had to kiss my husband goodbye in front of the Antichrist this morning."

"Cabbie, the wailing wall please."
David Nichols
Aug 13, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
In which 25% of the remaining Non-Raptured Persons (NRPs) is killed by meteors, the Global Community bombs a few cities for peace, and Rayford Steele tries to convince Hattie not to abort the Devil's Spawn.
Christy
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Once again, I am enthralled by the subject matter of these books but I am so confused as to why it was not executed better. The writing is so laughably lacking in any sort of creative realm it is almost painful to me. The use of metaphoric language is absolutely nonexistent in these novels. Basically, I read this book in a day. And while I am a fast reader, that is a feat I have rarely achieved. I am convinced I did it because they are so simple to read. Straightforward, no frills, just boom boo ...more
Briana
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the last book I read in this series a year or so ago.

It was ok, I guess

P.S that was a terrible review right there. Smh. This is why I don't wait for so long to write reviews haha
Renee
Jul 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicolae , book three in the Left Behind Series, was especially exciting to re-read. Bombs are dropping where Chloe and Buck live in Chicago. Rayford is flying Nicolae Carpathia around to New Babylon, Iraq, and other exotic places, while spying on the man he’s convinced will soon be revealed as the Antichrist. The story expands to include Ken Ritz, Mac McCullum, and Amanda White, and returns to a familiar character, Hattie Durham, to give her another shot at redemption.

In Israel, biblical schola
Amy T.
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. The Left Behind series so far has been riveting to me and this book has been the best yet. The writing was not fantastic, at times, but the characters are relatable and easy to attach your heart to. Some parts in this action-packed book had me on the edge of my car seat as I listened, especially the end and also the part in the middle with the escape from Israel!! You watch certain characters wrestle with making the choice to turn to Christ and your heart wrenches as you hope th ...more
Amélie Rêverie
Blogger and journalist Fred Clark has repeatedly attacked the book as being "Bad Writing and Bad Theology"[1] in a long running series of weekly posts[2]. He feels that after the Rapture the people of the world, including the heroes of the story, assimilate the disappearance of all the world's children with a monstrous rapidity that displays the ways that the authors have allowed their checklist of prophecies to be fulfilled to outweigh the consequences these events would have on the psyches of ...more
Feb 02, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I'm really enjoying these books for some reason. They're like a fluffy VC Andrews book without the incest. Granted, I find them a bit heavy-handed on the morals and 'thou shalt nots,' but what else would you expect from a novel about the rapture?
Ralph
Dec 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This reminds me of someone in the news today.
David Sarkies
Aug 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Recommended to David by: Some Christian Fundamentalist
Shelves: christian
Another fictional account of the Christian end-times
18 August 2012

I believe that I finished this book and I read about three pages of the forth book before I thought 'this is rubbish' and metaphorically threw it away (because I was reading it on a laptop at the time – I didn't end up throwing away the laptop). I guess it was simply the really poor writing skills of the author that ended up putting me off because reading even one sentence would make me cringe. Granted there are a lot of cringewo
Ryan
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The phases of the book of Revelation continue to play out as prophecied. The third installment of the Left Behind series takes focus on the continued rise of Nicolae Carpathia and the continued expansion of the Tribulation Force. This installment certainly does a better job of thickening the plot of the entire series with a chess match beginning to take form between Carpathia and the Tribulation Force (and the growing number of followers). However, differing from the first two, this book spends ...more
Shannon
Feb 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. Meh. Meh. Lots of condescension and anti-intellectualism in this book as well, though I guess that's to be expected. Nothing of serious interest goes on, and Nicolae continues to be the most uninspiring and boring anti-Christ ever presented in book form. The Omen series was a good, somewhat schlocky set of movies dealing with the birth and rise of the anti-Christ. Sam Neill was an AWESOME son of the devil; charismatic, attractive, actually well spoken and wonderfully subtly evil. You could ...more
Kelly
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Things keep getting crazier as the tribulation progresses, but God is still there helping His people through all of it.
Kayla
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked several things about this third book in the series, although I did spend some time trying to make the little thing at the beginning ("First they were LEFT BEHIND. Then they formed the TRIBULATION FORCE. Now they must face NICOLAE) work for all the other book titles in the series. It didn't work very well. I only got as far as "Then was the SOUL HARVEST, and then APOLLYON came, and then Rayford and Chaim became ASSASSINS" before I had to abandon it. So this book was all right, although Ni ...more
Ashton
Jul 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still hated the prologue of this book. When I am reading a series, especially one that's been out for a while, I hate rereading the same thing over again. I realize that it doesn't happen when the books first come out but I feel like it's poor style to write the same thing over again. It would be easy to show a new scene that would set the whole feeling for the rest of the book without relying on your old book.

Despite that, I actually think that I liked this book the best out of the first thr
Sep 09, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians/those interested in prophecy
Shelves: spiritual, disturbing
This book picks up where the last one left off, with Steele going to fly the new Global Community plane for Carpathia and Buck finding out about the slaughter of his friend Tsion's family.

As the bombing of major cities by the Global Community starts WWIII, Steele is equipped to listen to everything said beyond his cockpit by a secret intercom system installed for him by the maker of the plane and his good friend Earl.

Buck makes a trip overseas to save Tsion and brings him back to the church to
Naomi Bowen
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, a lady from my church is lending me the Left Behind series which focuses on the Rapture and the End Times - topics that aren't easy to understand when you're reading Revelation and cause much discussion. Do we take things literally? Metaphorically? Are there verses that support the Rapture (I've personally been a bit sceptical...Of course, God can prove a vast deal of us wrong when the time comes)

Regardless of your beliefs about how our world will end, these are exciting reads in and of them
Sherri Hunter
Another awesome story in this series. I don't know if I should be irritated that each book ends with such a climatic cliffhanger that leaves me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next story to see what happens. This book also leaves me anticipating what will happen to the members of the Tribulation Force now that the Earth has been struck by the Wrath of the Lamb. Who has survived? Who didn't?

I highly recommend this series. This is the third book and there are nine more to go and I am eagerl
Jessica
Aug 05, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Although the book is called Nicolae, I really didn't learn much more about the anti-Christ than I had from reading the other 2 books. Pretty much the only storyline I was interested in (and that I hadn't heard in the other books)was that of Ben-Judah and his escape. I am over the cheesy conversations between Buck and Chloe, Ray and Chloe, or Ray and Amanda. Despite all this, I'll probably continue to read through the series because I really want to know what is supposedly in store for us.
Carly
Jul 24, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
I think this is the one where the Antichrist proves his evilness by embracing all religions & espousing a humanist philosophy. (Sounds like someone has an agenda here.) This is the last book I read in the series. It's pretty hilarious. Also, I believe a good portion of the book is little more than an advertisement for the Land Rover. If you're an agnostic, this book will make you an atheist.
Hannah
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After seeing the Left Behind movies, I have always wanted to read this series. The first one was a little rough, the second one got more interesting, and now we are at this third chapter of the Left Behind series. I have to say that this one is by far my favorite of the three I've read so far! Excited to read number four!
Karen
Jul 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am reading this series through to the end this summer. I finished book 3 and 4 on vacation. It is interesting reading and Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins make Scripture come to life with this series.
They are novels but they make you think...
Apr 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True to form this book in the series is a page Turner. for being the third book though I felt that there was a lot of recap from both book one and book two that I skimmed over. I hate realizing I can easily skim over parts of a book without really missing out on important information.
Cami V. Romero
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5
No me estaba gustando tanto esta tercera parte, pero el final la levantó.
Nola
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a page turner. I recommend it to Christians who enjoy reading books that could be true.
TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey
Ugh Nicolae makes me gag! He's annoying but I guess that's his character. Ready for the next book now :)
rapture or random 21 76 Dec 18, 2015 08:57AM
  • The Search: The Struggle to Survive (Left Behind: The Kids, #9)
Timothy "Tim" F. LaHaye was an American evangelical Christian minister, author, and speaker, best known for the Left Behind series of apocalyptic fiction, which he co-wrote with Jerry B. Jenkins.

He has written over 50 books, both fiction and non-fiction.
More about Tim LaHaye...

Left Behind (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Left Behind (Left Behind, #1)
  • Tribulation Force (Left Behind, #2)
  • Soul Harvest: The World Takes Sides (Left Behind, #4)
  • Apollyon (Left Behind, #5)
  • Assassins (Left Behind, #6)
  • The Indwelling (Left Behind, #7)
  • The Mark (Left Behind, #8)
  • Desecration (Left Behind, #9)
  • The Remnant (Left Behind, #10)
  • Armageddon: The Cosmic Battle of the Ages (Left Behind, #11)

Fiction Deals

• A House for Happy Mothers
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • On Turpentine Lane
    $14.99 $2.99
  • The Whiskey Rebels
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • We Are All Made of Stars
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4 (The Adrian Mole Series)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Daughters of Palatine Hill
  • The Cellar
    $3.99 $0.99
“We both know that, my friend, but a man's perception soon becomes his reality.” 4 likes
“This joy was a deep abiding peace, an assurance that God was sovereign. They didn’t have to like what was happening. They merely had to trust that God knew what he was doing.” 1 likes