Start by marking “Concealed (Hidden, #1)” as Want to Read:
Concealed (Hidden, #1)

Concealed

(Hidden #1)

Life has been complicated for Sydney Ross. Desperate for a new start, she leaves home but, during her travels, witnesses something that will forever alter the path of her life. On the run for the last six years, Sydney finds herself living the life of a nomad until she one day stumbles into a small town and hopes she’s finally found a place to put down roots. With a good j ...more
ebook, First Edition, 242 pages
Published December 10th 2013 by Crazy-Bee Press (first published December 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Concealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Concealed

Start your review of Concealed (Hidden, #1)
Lady Heather

2.5 Stars

The story/story-line was really good and I loved the twist at the end of the story (didn't see that coming), but unfortunately the writing was.. mheh.

A couple of times I was going to just put this book down because the author just kept repeating what the main characters (Wade and Sydney) were feeling and thinking ..and it was always the same thing.

I've mentioned this before in my reviews, but this is kinda a pet peeve of mine.

This story had a lot of potential, but I'm sad to say that i
Tiffany
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was BEYOND THRILLED when I found out Victoria Michaels was going to write another book! ESPECIALLY because it was going to be a brand new genre for her! It did NOT disappoint. I mean, really! VM writes stories that keep you hooked from the very start! These characters pulled at my heart strings and the storyline took me for a loop! Lots of mystery, lots of secrets,...and plot twists! OH DAMN! I thought I was watching a movie rather than reading a book! LOVED! *bows down*
❤️Melanie G.
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Fan-fucking-fastic Stars *****

Victoria Michaels has written a beautiful, thrilling, captivating and amazing book. Once I started reading this book, I could not put it down. I loved all the characters and their parts in the story. Wade and Syd at perfect for each other. This book had everything in it from humor, romance, sexiness to revenge, murder and action. This book is a must read.

I am so looking forward to more books from Victoria Michaels soon I hope. Love all her books!!
GraceMyBookSnack
Keeps your heart racing from beginning to end!

WOW!!! I have enjoyed Victoria Michaels' contemporary romances. I've been waiting for her to release something new, and I was ecstatic to find out Concealed is a romantic-suspense/thriller, which is one of my favorite genres. Concealed absolutely gripped me! I was pulled in immediately in the prologue, and my heart kept racing until the very end!

I love how the romance in Concealed is slow, simmering, and butterfly-producing. Sydney finds herself smit
Emily
Sydney Ross has lived through more than someone at her age should. Now fleeing and trying to find a new life, she ends up in a situation no one would ever believe. On the run for six years she has relocated to a small town in Missouri with her young daughter. For once Sydney feels safe and has caught the eye of Sheriff Wade Jenkins.

If there is one thing Wade can't tolerate it is liars. He knows Sydney is hiding something, but what? When it appears Sydney is at the center of a mystery he is tryin
Evette
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Romance-check!

Suspense-check!

Beautiful woman with secrets-check!

Gorgeous law man-check!

Amazing, nosy friends-check!!!

This is my first book by Victoria Michaels and I am hooked.

Sydney is 18 years old when we meet her. On her own and terrified she has to make a split second decision. One that changes her entire life and starts her life on the run.

She lands in Elton, a very small town and quickly finds a home there. Her daughter Faith has a great school, and Syd’s job allows her the flexibility nee
Lisa
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What an edge of your seat kind of read. This is by far the best suspense/mystery/romance book I've read. I'm a huge fan of Victoria Michaels, and I have to say this book went and outdid the other two books she has published!!

The characters were perfection and amazing. I fell head over heels in love with Sydney, Agnes, Faith, Wade, and every other character who were a huge part of this story. Each character showed us how lucky Sydney was to have them in, not only her life, but Faiths as well.

Th
Court
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I reviewed this at MustReadBooksOrDie with my friend Shelley!

Shel: I am thrilled that we created space in our calendar for this book. We both knew that we liked Victoria Michaels from the other two works she's published and the synopsis for this book sounded way too good to pass up. Trust us...DO NOT PASS THIS UP. Court: I think it says a lot that we are 3/3 reading for her + loving it. So, if that isn't a good endorsement then I just don't have anything, lol.

Shel: The prologue grabs your inter
All Romance
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
MICHELLE'S  REVIEW
Dear. Sweet. Lord.

This book was so not what I was expecting it to be but it was SO DAMN GOOD.

This is definitely what I would classify as a romantic mystery and suspense novel.

There was some great moments of romance. You've got a wonderful Alpha male in Wade- the town sheriff and resident hottie. He's silent and brooding and just sex on a stick. And he's clearly interested in Sydney.

We meet Sydney in the prologue which starts right off the bat with a huge crazy scene. There is n
Michelle Kannan
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
MICHELLE'S  REVIEW
Dear. Sweet. Lord.

This book was so not what I was expecting it to be but it was SO DAMN GOOD.

Literati Literature Lovers
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rosette’s Review

Watch out world! Victoria Michaels has just written a gripping new thriller laced with a sizzling sweet romance worthy of a bestseller. She has dipped her pen into an ink bowl swimming in this dual genre, and she has clearly made her mark. I really am hoping that she continues this path in her writing career because I firmly believe that this is where her true strength lies. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adored her past works. But the way she weaves a suspenseful thriller is u
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
This book started out really good, then the story just dragged on, then the end, for moi, was just okay.

It had me at the start, Sydney's character was easy to like. She has a mysterious past and she will do everything to protect Faith, her daughter. Trying to live a normal life until she feels a threat coming and she'll have to run again. I like Sydney, I get that she was young and she didn't know what to do but she did good with Faith. Crushing with the town sherriff, Wade, was cute!

Wade was a
Margreet Asselbergs
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it

My rating: 4 of 5 ⭐️

Sydney has had to transition from teen into adult at a moment's notice, and has managed pretty well, considering she has had no one to turn to or lean on. But she is living in a constant state of fear, always poised to run at the slightest sign of danger. That's why she is slow to make connections, it's a miracle she has lasted as long as she has in Elton. But she loves it there, loves working at the diner for the couple that has taken
Jillian Stein
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
You can also find my review on my blog: http://www.read-love-blog.com/2014/02/02/concealed-by-victoria-michaels-review-blog-tour-stop/

Concealed is the first book in author Victoria Michaels’ Hidden series and a title I actually stumbled upon after a blog tour invite and it is truly a hidden gem and am SO glad I found it. I absolutely loved this book. Loved, loved, LOVED!

Sydney Ross has been on the run and looking over her shoulder for six years now and hasn’t ever had a moment to felt at home. T
Lindsey
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been a big fan of Victoria Michaels' writing for quite some time, so I was thrilled to hear that she was writing a third book! Her books Boycotts and Barflies and Trust in Advertising are two of my favorite books, and Concealed did not disappoint.

The cast of characters was such a fun one, and I enjoyed the antics and matchmaking of the townspeople of heroine Sydney and hero Wade. Elton sounds like such a great town with such great people, and it's the kind of town I'd love to live in.

Though
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Erin's Review
Concealed is suspense from the first page to the last word. I couldn't put this down! The prologue introduces us to Sydney, a scared, pregnant, young woman who happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, but a place that gives her the greatest gift of all.
Hiding in a small town isn't easy as Sydney finds out. There is something different about Elton though. She is making friends, her daughter is in school and she has a good job. Maybe it's time to put down roots. Then catc
Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mglb
Wow. This book pulled me in from the prologue and did not let me go until I read the last line. From the very beginning, the author paints a girl in despair. She is running, but what is she running from? I had to keep reading; I had to know. Then BAM! WTF! Bloody woman. Baby. Crazy blood covered man. OMG…Now she has a brand new reason to be on the run, and I got sucked in even more. But in the back of my head is why was she originally running? What happened to her?

Victoria Michaels does an excel
Becca Booksreview
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-reviewed
I have had a huge girl crush on Victoria Michaels, her books Truth in Advertising and Boycotts & Barflies have been favorites of mine for a long time.. I was so excited when I got the opportunity to read concealed as an ARC. In Ms. Michaels other books there is the LOL moments, the sexual tension, the connections with those characters that you just have to have them together, and there is always someone keeping them apart. Oh ever Concealed goes into a new direction for Ms. Michaels and if its a ...more
Melissa
I’d like to thank the author for getting me out of this bad book funk.

I’ve been reading some very predictable books with no originality or interest. It was actually putting me in a very bad mood. Now I read this book (quite skeptically may I add?) and am so happy I did.

I love BOTH Wade and Sydney. Wade, OMG can I divorce my husband and marry you? Why can’t all book boyfriends be like him? He doesn’t play any games. Doesn’t have to sleep with every girl under the sun to prove how manly he is. H
Crina (Reading Addict)
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book for a honest review and as a part of the tour! Thanks!:) Original post on http://nervidetoamna.blogspot.ro/

This book was good, really good. Somehow it was better than what I was expecting, because the action and suspense mixed with the romance part, friendship mixed with love and love for family, the characters are older, more powerful, with strong desires and, maybe, they want revenge.

Concealed is a complex novel, with a strong and complicated story, with so many character
Nicole
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of Concealed in exchange for an honest review.

First off I have to start by saying how amazing this cover is!!! It draws you in and Michaels draws you in the rest of the way with her writing. I was completely blown away from the very beginning. She starts out with a bang, and has you hooked. I absolutely loved it. So if your into suspense and romance Concealed is for you. I got both things that I love so much in a book.

Sydney was just kicked out of her house by her moth
Jenny
Holyyyyyyy......

I was blown away by Concealed!

First, someone find me Wade and make him real!!!

Wade and Sydney had me at "pie".

Sydney Ross has finally settled in Elton with her five year old daughter, Faith.

She had friends, people she considers family and a hot Sherriff who is totally drool worthy as eye candy . Sydney was starting to accept that this was home after being on the run for so many years.

Until her past catches up to her.

Wade Jenkins is the mysterious Sherriff in town. He's sec
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Okay first off this is the first book I have read by Victoria Michaels and it will not be the last!I mean I was hooked right from the prologue and could not get enough. I needed more and I could not read fast enough. I love me some thrillers and when I read them I get so absorbed in what i'm reading I start yelling at the book like the characters can hear me and this book holy eff was no different.

Can you imagine you are minding your business driving along when you see a woman bleeding on the si
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
The past is never too far behind...

She is literally running for her life and the life of her daughter. This has been her life for the last six years since that eventful night. The night when, lost in the cornfields in Montana, a woman drenched in blood asked her to watch and protect her newborn baby.

After staying on the move all this time, Sydney has now settled in this small town. Her life is as close to normal as is possible for her. With hopes that she will be able to stay and not have to co
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
(ARC received from Literati Author Services in exchange for an honest review)

WOW, my heart is still racing after that. I need a manicure and brow mop STAT!

This is the first I’ve read from Victoria and I believe this is a new genre for this author to write in. All’s I can say is WOW (again). This author weaves such a beautiful love story in the midst of a heart pounding suspense/thriller.

I don’t want to give any spoilers because that just isn’t fun. This is a must read book for those adrenaline
Anna
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, goodies
Sidney has an experience when she is leaving home at 18 that will forever alter the course of her life. She has had to live a life that can be packed up and left behind at a moment's notice, and has been doing so for 6 years now. She finds herself living in Elton, MO and for the first time she feels like she is at home. She has friends who feel like family, and is experiencing some very mutual attraction with the sexy town sheriff. Sidney's past begins to catch up with her, but she can't leave, ...more
Jess
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Kota for Kota's Book Kollection

"Ms Michaels wrote a story that gripped me, clearly it has romance, but this is a thriller/suspense story first and foremost, and has you guessing to the end. Although there are elements that are very cliché and appear to have been told before – at no point did this completely detract for this story. I was engaged with the characters and cheering for the good guys and the Happy Ever After… The writing style and tone were well executed. There are a few e
Snigdha Prakash
A fan-bloody-tastic book!
I absolutely fell in love with the book in the first twenty minutes.
I just knew I was going to love this one..
The characters were awesome...
I liked Wade and I liked Sydney.
Faith...with all of her "Mommy" shouting...seemed a bit phony but I was able to get past.
I loved reading all the secondary characters..
Most of all, Agnes. That old lady rocked some serious shit.
Though the steam factor wasn't all that much, it was still fun to read through it.
Most of all I liked the plo
Twin Opinions
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think this might be one of the best stories I have read in years. I loved the characters and the story line was amazing. I was completely thrown off guard! Very unpredictable!

Even with all the crazy plot twist and drama that kept me on the edge of my seat, I found myself laughing hysterically at the witty banter between the characters. In fact this is one thing that takes a good story to great.

I was in love with entire story! Wade, Pete and Luke are wonderful. The kind of me all girls want t
Bernadette
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The minute I was notified that Victoria Michaels had a new release I went straight I Amazon. I didn't know what to expect, it certainly wasn't the usual chick-lit. This new side to her writing surpasses her previous work. I thoroughly enjoyed Concealed and was completely enthralled. I didn't want to put the book down, despite it being a thriller, and that it was, thrilling. Every step of Sydney's journey was captivating as Victoria drew me in with her prose. And thankfully there was no sign of a ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Forged in Flames (Made of Steel #2)
  • Made of Steel (Made of Steel #1)
  • Collide (Collide, #1)
  • Pulse (Collide, #2)
  • And God Said: How Translations Conceal the Bible's Original Meaning
  • Concealed (Dark Alliance, #2)
  • A Treasure Concealed (Sapphire Brides, #1)
  • Next to Me (Love Happens, #1)
  • Abducted (Lizzy Gardner, #1)
  • Finding Sarah (Pine Hills Police #1)
  • Shadows of Jane (The Shadows Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadows of Deception (The Shadows Trilogy #2)
  • Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Unseen (The Unseen Trilogy, #1)
  • All I Ask
  • To the Edge (The Bodyguards #1)
  • Stay with Me (A Misty River Romance, #1)
  • Run the Risk (Love Undercover, #1)
Victoria Michaels is a wife and mother of many who lives her life in what seems like a constant state of motion. Kids’ sports, meetings, homework and general family fun take up twenty-seven hours of her day. In her thirty seconds of free time, Victoria likes to read, write and travel the country with her husband.

She most enjoys writing about love and laughter, two things that are central to her ev