Start by marking “Primal Shift - Season 1” as Want to Read:
Primal Shift - Season 1

Primal Shift - Season 1

(Primal Shift #1-5)

It's July the Fourth, and Americans have slowed down long enough to celebrate their independence - and the day off. But a thousand motorists suddenly abandon their cars on the Golden Gate Bridge and leap to their deaths in a roiling bay. Jets packed with families rain down from the skies above Salt Lake City International Airport, dotting the landscape with orange fireball ...more
Published November 8th 2013 by Trebor Books (first published June 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Primal Shift - Season 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primal Shift - Season 1

Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping, fast moving and scarily realistic. This is the kind of book that leaves you with a feeling of uncertainty and a real want for the next part. The characters although no all likeable, feel real and the twists keep you constantly on your toes. Well worth reading, books like this don't come along often!
D. Mark Detrixhe
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A different story

Earthquakes with Northern Lights in Utah. Most people go nuts (even worse than today) and the few who still know who they are must carry on.
No aliens, no EMP.....just good storytelling.
Connie Nealy
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New idea

What if suddenly almost the entire population has no memory? They are suddenly like babies? This is the plot of this book. Very interesting and novel. Starting the next one now.
Jessica N Csaszar
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

This box-set was very good. Storyline was interesting and enjoyable. Written well and fun to read. I highly recommend this set!
Daniel Cournoyer
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
It was just okay. Plot wasn't tightly woven. Could have better.
Peter McLaughlin
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting

The premise of this book is one of my favorites, and enjoyed the story but a few questions occurred to me. Magnetic shift? Rainbowland? Fiction is stranger than truth.
S Wood
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

Good read will keep you busy turning pages. Story line is perty good and the characters aren't too bad...believable. will see what happens next.
Angela
My review for Volume One is going to be rather similar to my review of Part One; this is not a bad thing, per se, as I enjoyed the first part and as a result I have enjoyed the first volume.

In a similar style to the superb Yesterday's Gone: Season One series by Sean Platt and David Wright, Hayes has started an episodic post-apocalyptic series.

The set up is very similar to Platt and Wright's series, where we are introduced to differing characters from across the United States and how they initia
Trisha
Oct 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Primal Shift was a decent post apoc story with a touch of zombie, a hint of conspiracy and even a bit of spirituality tossed in. In some cases, it felt like TOO much was stuffed in. It also read way too similarly to The Stand. Complete with the hard case gathering his wiper minions to him in his Salt Lake hideout, and the "good guys" who, bizarrely, have their Rainbow Land nearby. We even have a char named Larry on the "good side" who has a definite evil streak in him. The story opens with a "sh ...more
Helen Paton
While I initially enjoyed the series, which is pretty standard of it's genre - motley group of survivors from world annihilating disaster, it became a bugbear that 3 episodes in, none of the characters had developed a personality, and none of them actually learned. They stumbled from one situation to the other, repeating the same mistakes. For instance, one Mother abandons one of her kids to reach safety, then abandons the other to attempt to rescue the first? It's also not good value for money, ...more
Jessica Kong
I picked up Primal Shift: Volume 1 believing it was another zombie series, but I was mistaken. This was a story about a shift in our planet’s magnetic poles that caused a mass mental reboot amongst the population, meaning the population’s minds had been erased. But it seems that a handful of people escaped the massive amnesia, and this story is about what they faced while discovering what caused this event along with finding a safe place to call home, since the human race has returned to caveman ...more
David
Nov 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I read the first part separately. That set the scene. We met the main characters spread across the US as something happens to wipe the memory of nearly everyone. After this, everything rapidly descends into confusion and violence.

The rest of the novel is about these people seeking sanctuary. They quickly converge. As this happens we get hints of the cause and elements of mysticism and religion creep in.

This is the bit that I don't like. The way it is done fails, or at least doesn't appeal to me.
Sandy
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Compelling end of the world series

The author mentioned that this is a homage to Robert McGammon's Swan Song. Personally I loved this and thought it was true to the style of Swan Song and think the previous comment was a little harsh. The writer has a smooth style, and great characters that are easy to relate to and make you care what happens to them. The decline of society is rapid and they need to adapt and survive but with an ancient evil pulling the strings in the background it was never goin
Hans Doreleyers
Apr 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Won't hit the best seller list

Won't hit the best seller list

I have read a number of novels about the 'end of the world' (all better than this one), but it was an enjoyable read nonetheless. I am not a fan of t h e supernatural and t h at may have influenced my judgment. I will pass on the sequels.
Terrasha
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has a special place on my shelf and in my soul! It is an absolutely crazy and horrific tale about the strangest apocalypse situation I have ever heard! Some people remember nothing but retain basic abilities some remember everything and others...well the others are like cavemen! please check this book out it is AMAZING!
Charl
May 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: y2016, quit
Meh. Very reminiscent of The Shining, but not as well written or plotted. The characters aren't very interesting, and the explanation of what happened just doesn't cut it. It's just too big a jump in scale for me to accept it.
The Grim Reader
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good effort

Good effort

let's be honest, their is plenty of this sort of stuff going around. Some good, and some not so. This was one of the better post apocalyptic novels that I have read. A solid read.
Camille
Apr 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I guess this is a serial? It was just the beginning/setting the scene. I didn't realize that. I haven't decided if it was interesting enough to read the rest. I will say it's well edited though.
Pam Shelton-Anderson
This had an unusual twist to the apocalyptic event. This kept my attention and I look forward to the next "season".
Ben
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Intriguing story and different to the other post apocalyptic books out there.. had to buy the second volume of the book
Wancket Enterprises
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Weird

This book is both weird and interesting. It starts out weird then gets interesting and then gets weird again. It's well written but not one I would read again.
Brad T.
It wasn't bad but I didn't feel good enough about it to finish it
Tony
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed book will read volume II
Julie
Nov 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This book cost me .99 on Amazon and was well worth it. I will probably read the rest of the series.
Andrew Weaver
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My only complaint with this book was that…it was far too short!

This was very well written and very enjoyable. I can't wait to read more from Griffin Hayes
Murray Gillett
Mar 05, 2016
Gregory A Larson
May 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Deadlocked (Deadlocked, #1-4)
  • Tight Little Stitches on a Dead Man's Back
  • The Beam: Episode 1
  • The End: Visions of Apocalypse (SFFWorld.com anthology, #1)
  • A New Death
  • Failsafe (GAMELAND, #2)
  • The Last Town #2: Preparing for the Dead
  • Dead Earth: The Green Dawn
  • Mail Horror Bride (One Nation Under Zombies #1)
  • 25 Perfect Days
  • Broken Dreams (Shattered Lives, #1)
  • The Dead Years - BLACKMORE - Book 3 (A Post-Apocalyptic Thriller)
  • The Ghoul Archipelago
  • Benton (Benton #2)
  • Wishing Stars: Space Opera Fairytales
  • Rise of the Dead (The Last Town #1)
  • The Fall (Infected, #1)
  • The Night Walk Men (The Night Walk Men, #1)
ACHTUNG!
Get the latest news on hot new releases by Griffin Hayes delivered straight to your inbox.
Frequency: Once every 3 months. Bonus: If you behave, I might just toss in a delightfully horrific short story free of charge, just for you!

Primal Shift Volume 2 (A Post Apocalyptic Thriller) by Griffin Hayes
Primal Shift Volume 2 is my newest release.

About Griffin Hayes:
Griffin Hayes spent most of his

Primal Shift (6 books)
  • Primal Shift: Part 1
  • Primal Shift: Episode 2
  • Primal Shift: Episode 3 (A Post-Apocalyptic Serial Thriller)
  • Primal Shift: Episode 4 (A Post-Apocalyptic Serial Thriller)
  • Primal Shift: Episode 5 (A Post-Apocalyptic Serial Thriller)
  • Primal Shift: Volume 2 (A Post Apocalyptic Thriller)