Start by marking “Holy Bible: New Century Version (NCV)” as Want to Read:
Holy Bible: New Century Version (NCV)

Holy Bible: New Century Version (NCV)

"The New Century Version is the translation that many pastors have trusted for years. This easy to understand translation has sold more than 6 million copies since its inception. Whether you're a first-time reader of the Word or a lifelong student, the NCV is an ideal resource – maintaining the integrity of the biblical text without complex theological vocabulary.
The New C
Published November 11th 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 1920)

Start your review of Holy Bible: New Century Version (NCV)
Crystal
Mar 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've finished! Right at 6 mos, too.
This is the way to read the Bible because skipping around, reading only a verse here or there does stir up questions and confusion. Reading each book and taking notes helps to find answers and is so personal. Won't say alot about what I've learned because everyone should read and learn for themselves but I will say this much ... there is a mention of some ancient "sea monster" destroyed by God - I admit, I balked at this as what? Greek mythology? and then with
Andy Mitchell
With Father’s Day just a little over a week away, this is the perfect time to consider the Dad’s Bible, New Century Version, with study notes by Robert Wolgemuth.

Although I was not especialy impressed with the NCV translation–it was simple to understand but lacked the flow and poetry of some other English language Bibles–Dr. Wolgemuth’s comments helped me understand the Bible in a fresh way.

For instance, in his introduction to the book of Genesis, Dr. Wolgemuth writes, “[A]lthough this may be ha
Tatiana Vieira
Feb 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book I've ever laid hands on. It's easy to understand, and it changes my life daily. I recommend EVERY teenage girl who is looking for guidance and understanding about life to get this Bible. You can purchase it at Morning Star and if there isn't a Morning Star in your state, I'm sure they sell it at Borders Bookstore. You can always purchase it online too. Don't wait another second, go grab it!
Guitargirl
Jun 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can be brave because God is always with me forever.
Chuck Engelhardt
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I ended up being surprisingly satisfied with this version of the Scriptures. It took me a while to get past the exclusion of regular Biblical terms, such as "put on sack cloth" being rendered "put on rough clothes to show that you are sad" or "fasting" being translated as "go without food" or "go without food and water" depending on the circumstance. After a while, OK, after I was well over half way through this Bible, I began to appreciate the simplicity of the translation. I'm still an NASB gu ...more
Barbara Smitherman
I found this to be one of the best biblical translations of the time. It brings the Bible alive in today's vernacular. Easy to understand and read. It opens up the Bible to anyone who cares to read it.
Haley Kingsley
Really, I'm using this as my book 50 for my sister's manuscript! Although, I do read this bible haha
Meaghan
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Go with the NIV or ESV, mainly the ESV, for Bible study as the ESV is a word-for-word translation of the original Hebrew and Greek.
Lori Twichell
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first started looking into reviewing Bibles, the Revolve Devotional Bible for teen girls jumped out at me. The cover is highly recognizable and utterly gorgeous. In chocolate brown tooled leather with a pink leather band around the center, this is a Bible that will stand up and make people take notice. Obviously I needed to know more about what else it contained and why it was so perfectly geared for teen girls. (This is what it said on the box, by the way.)

I opened the Bible and saw that
Janet
May 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Dad's Bible: The Father's Plan with notes by Dr. Robert Wolgemuth is a bible designated specifically for fathers. If you are an expectant father or you've been a dad for many years, this Bible offers many lessons, instructions and encouragement to help you become a more godly man and role model for your children and/or grandchildren. The Dad's Bible is published in the New Century Version, meaning it is very easy-to-read and makes comprehension more viable.

I had the pleasure of previously re
Terri Palermo
This simple translation reads like a novel to me. I *finally* picked it up and started reading on August 1 and my plan is to finish by year's end...I'm on March 15 right now. Beginning on January 1, I'm going to read through again but more slowly, one day at a time, using my KJV to gain a greater understanding. I'm excited to start this adventure :)

I DID IT!
For the first time, I've completely read the Bible and what a great version to have used. As I mentioned in August, now I will begin again,
Coley
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
I used this Bible all throughout my high school years and some college. It is truly a perfect Bible for teen/young adult women, and becomes a great tool and foundation for a personal relationship with Christ. Every time I read this Bible, I was able to identify with the "daily devos" and I loved learning about "ladies in the Bible." It also offered useful insight on the context/authors/dates of each book of the Bible. I highly recommend this Bible for any teen/young adult woman.
Jamie
Oct 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well it's been a long hard road but I'm getting there. I haven't been as faithful to my daily reading as I should be but I've still managed to read ALOT!!! I decided against reading cover to cover as I got too bogged down in the history so I've been bouncing back and forth from the O.T to the N.T. I don't know if I'll be finished by the 31st as I'd planned but I'm going to try!
Hilary
Nov 21, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
the language is a little blah compared with the KJV, but that's to be expected with such a simple translation. The good thing about it is how easy it is to read and understand. There sure is some far out weirdo stuff in here.
Melissa
So far I've read the New Testament and a chunk of the Old. It's exciting when I find parts that I remember from church, and flooring how much more else there is.
Lauma Lapa
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent translation. makes sense and at the same time, is elegant enough.
Ronda Wingo
Jun 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jesus loves me.
Margaret Metz
Jun 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bibles
This is a great Bible with lots of good features.
Hannah Jackson
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: following-jesus
Reading the bible all the way through was tough, but definitely worth it! Seeing the story play out just further builds my faith and belief in my God!
Sarah Tummey
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
"All Scripture is inspired by God". How could I give it anything less?
JD Cliff
Sep 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was reading a 90-day Bible Challenge!

Check out my thoughts here:

Lisa Greer
Mar 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Bible does a great job of showing the links between Christianity and social justice. I like its commentary.
Claudia
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? God is always 5 stars with me!
TheDiversePhDReads
Mar 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes the bible
It's the bible what can I say, but I like the funky layout and it's very colorful, although I'm not a teen.
Charity Hall
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I highly recommend this bible for any woman 12 and up. It is simple enough for teens and young students yet deep enough to use as a source for older women and teachers. It's just brilliant!
Matt Maples
I'm not really a paraphrase fan, so this version was only OK for me.
J Crossley
This is a basic modern Bible.
Dolly
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Think of this as the Bible for someone with a sixth grade reading level. Not my favorite version.
Kaitlynn Wornson
My favorite translation
Teresa
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would recommend this to someone just starting their walk with Jesus.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice
  • The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
  • Outfox
  • Instructional Strategies for Braille Literacy
  • Dr. Seuss's Horton Collection Boxed set (Horton Hears a Who and Horton Hatches the Egg)
  • Tiny Pretty Things (Tiny Pretty Things, #1)
  • The Belles (The Belles, #1)
  • The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2)
  • The Bible in 52 Weeks: A Yearlong Bible Study for Women
  • Foundations of Braille Literacy
  • Burns Braille Guide: A Quick Reference to Unified English Braille
  • Out of Darkness: The Story of Louis Braille
  • Maniac Magee
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.

News & Interviews

“15Do not love the world or the things in the world. If you love the world, the love of the Father is not in you. 16These are the ways of the world: wanting to please our sinful selves, wanting the sinful things we see, and being too proud of what we have.” 0 likes
“8But we belong to the day, so we should control ourselves. We should wear faith and love to protect us, and the hope of salvation should be our helmet.” 0 likes