Start by marking “There's Something About Her, A Manhattan Love Story (LOVE in the USA, #2)” as Want to Read:
There's Something About Her, A Manhattan Love Story (LOVE in the USA, #2)

There's Something About Her, A Manhattan Love Story

(Love in the USA #2)

Maggie Conroy is your average city girl. She has good girlfriends, a whole lot of education and a crappy job that comes complete with the boss from hell, aka, Cruella La Bitch. Thank goodness it’s not only what you know but also who you know.

Her life turns darn near perfect when her billionaire cousin, Belmont Lord, pulls some strings, which lands her the job of her
Published December 3rd 2013 by Fuller Avenue Publishing, LLC

Be the first to ask a question about There's Something About Her, A Manhattan Love Story

Start your review of There's Something About Her, A Manhattan Love Story (LOVE in the USA, #2)
Anto Butera
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was all one giant eye-roll.
The writing was extremely choppy and really hard to follow at times. It was as if when the story went from the author's head to the page a lot of little details went missing. Everything probably made perfect sense inside her head, on paper, not so much.
The characters felt flat. Like they were trying waaaay too hard to be quirky and flawed, so they could be relatable and adorable. Instead, everything felt forced and plastic.
Maggie was so flaky that it got annoying
Chanel
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: For those that like Arkadie's style.
My rating for this book is a 4.50
This author has a slight twist in her writing style, that really adds to the enjoyment of the book. I liked how she kept Belmont and Daisy story going in this book, as I really like those two as a couple. This time the main character is Belmont's cousin, Maggie. Maggie is a career woman in NYC and is enjoying a love affair with a former high school classmate Vincent. Vincent just happens to be her new boss. At first, Maggie does not know Vincent is engaged. I was
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
Maggie and Vincent WOW Talk about Vincent being the sappy one when all along I would think it was Maggie. Nope. The thing is that Vincent has had a crush on her since high school and yet Maggie does not even remember him. So yeah I think Vincent is lovable and a sappy guy.

I like Maggie. I think her character is written well. She's not clingy, whiny a fragile and doormat kind of female. She's all the opposite and I like her spirit where she's totally cool within being mean unless provoked. Plus I
Sometime
Oct 30, 2018 marked it as nope-not-for-me  ·  review of another edition
Creep. (view spoiler)
Lindelicious
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not as bad as “Find Her, Keep Her” but still lacking. Daisy and Belmont return with their nauseatingly constant kissing.

Belmont secures Maggie a management position at a media corporation, where Vincent who has had a crush on Maggie since her brief stay at his high school is the president. She’s enjoying her new role and seems very intelligent and I like her professionally, however when it comes to Vince she’s too weak and accepting. They’re on a business trip in Aspen and get caught in a snow
Soccergypsy
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm not usually one for a boss manipulating his position to get the "girl of his dreams" to work for/with him, but I've got to say that there was something about HIM, that made me fall for Vincent Adams. Perhaps it was the peeks inside his head but nonetheless Vincent Adams made me believe that guys can want and yearn for a relationship too.
Lisa
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed this book, when reading I was hoping for more information on Belmont and Daisy, I think I would have preferred a second book about these characters as I dont think they were fully explored, rather than a few sentences about them in this story.
This book didnt really capture my attention like the first did.
PinkieFairy
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Quick read with funny characters. Though predictable entertaining none the less.
P
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is Something About Her

Magnolia Conroy, Maggie works for a marketing firm as an under associate. Her boss is a nasty woman. At Jack and Daisy`s wedding Jack is disappointed that Maggie can’t join them on the reception cruise. She explains the deadline set by her demanding boss to Jack Lord. Jack asks a few questions and calls her back later with a new job at A&Rt.

The first day she sees an old high school friend Vincent Adams. Vincent always interfered with he high school crush Robert
Angela Whitmore
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Liked it

I've been getting a bit fussy over books just lately, too much gratuitous sex, appalling grammar, etc etc. But not this one! I was grabbed from the beginning by the sassy heroine Maggie. Probably because we seem to share a line in put-downers. She reminded me of myself but in a younger, more beautiful way.

Vincent has secretly been in love with Maggie since high school and now chance gives him a way of making her notice him at last.

This a sexy, sassy, funny book that fits in the series
Sharon
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hilarity continues

If you enjoy humor, steam, tongue in cheek situations then this one is for you. I read the first book in this series because of the negative reviews and was pleasantly surprised and that led to me reading book 2 of the series and I am glad I did. What is reading romance if the premise is not far fetched and we can lose ourselves from reality for an hour or two. Grab this one and indulge your curiosity 4 Stars from me.
Booknook Reviews
Twists and turns

Something about the progression of their love story bothers me. Was it that she fell in love so fast after barely remembering the man whom she met 12 years ago? Was it because he didn't end his other relationship fast enough for me? Was there not enough sexy scenes? Did I not fancy the main guy myself? I'm not sure.

I do appreciate that there was a happy ending, that there was no abuse and that it was a good length for me.
Nancy Brady
A contemporary romance that features a brilliant girl-next-door, Maggie Conroy, and handsome entrepreneur Vincent Adams. They cross paths at her cousin Jack's wedding to Daisy, but she doesn't even notice him except to assume he is watching one of best friends.

When the pair meet at her new job, sparks ignite, but there are complications involved. Will they get together or will other people stop at nothing to destroy a budding love?

Jessica
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I really like this author’s characters. They are fun, witty, and sassy. However, some of the descriptive words she uses during sex scenes really take me out of the story. “Poke me with his penis” is one. I just don’t know if I can read more books by this author due to this. It just takes me too much out of the story.
Cynthia
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!

This book is the first time I've read anything by this author. I was happily surprised. Little machinations going on by Mr. Vince. Totally an alpha dude. Career professionals that anyone can relate to. Loved all the characters. Cruella La Bitch even got her 15 minutes of fame. Recommend this book to everyone. Now I must read another of Z.L. Senator's books!
Jutta
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Maggie, she's a really great character and I got really sucked into following what she got up to in this book. It's great that the characters from the first book make an appearance in this book, it makes things feel comfortable while moving forwards. I enjoyed seeing where this story fitted into the the whole world already set up. I can't wait to see where it goes next.
Sheena
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty much the same storyline as 50 Shades. Didn’t understand the main character’s appeal, did enjoy her career development but found her personality to be quite bland until the end. Still could not put the book down for some reason, I did enjoy it overall.
Kelly Yekel
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quirky"!

Vincent and Maggie are going after the whole package. However, I have to say that he is unavailable for the taking. Maggie is feisty and is forever putting him in his place, which I found super funny. Like I said quirky.
Ruth Anne Garcia
Really cheesy and not at all realistic (The pace was really fast and they "fell in love" way too fast. It was lust plain and simple). I'm not sure why I finished it, other than my curiosity of how it would end got the better of me.
Marina Ioannou
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved from the first page couldn't put it down

I loved Maggie with her smart mouth and clever wit I want to be one of her girlfriend's I want Jack as my cousin I just want to be Maggie
Carol Tietsworth
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A strange book, for me. I read it straight through, not unfamiliar to me, yet I really wasn't thrilled with it. Too many people playing too many games, guess I am glad not to live in the big bad city.
Melanie Horsman
Poorly Written

A story that kept me interested enough to read the entire book, but that was poorly written. Not worth rereading or continuing to read the rest of the series.
Calf
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read and enjoyed the first two books of this 12-book series. Based on the reviews starting with Charlie in #3, I'm finished. Apparently, from #3 on, it goes sharply downhill.
Lisa Lenox
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just okay. Drove me crazy calling wrought iron “rod iron”. That was just stupid.
Dena
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-loved
Again, a perfect story. I loved every character and how they play a part in each of the main characters. Enjoyed it very much!
Marie Bullock
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed these books as they were well written with interesting characters and plots.
Grandmaking553
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting, Entertaining

A story about a girl who fell in love with her boss, but found out he was engaged to her bosses partner.
Sandy
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Manhattan love story

Ok,I'm hooked .Your love stories. are very steamy to say the least.Jack,Daisy to so so sexed crazed I was amazed.
Kaylaisapple13
This was a sexy little book to just curl up and enjoy, nothing really memorable about it but still.
Victoria
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Stripped Down (Tap That #1)
  • Too Tempting (The Lewis Cousins, #1)
  • Unforgettable: Book One (A Hollywood Love Story, #1)
  • Emergency Engagement (Love Emergency, #1)
  • Under His Skin (So Inked, #1)
  • Unwrapping Jade (Wishing Well, Texas, #8)
  • Teach Me
  • Game Saver (Game #3)
  • More, Please
  • Wild (The Wild Duet, #1)
  • Thompson & Sons: Ride Baby Ride / Rocky Ride (Thompson & Sons, #1-2)
  • Rich Boss (New York Billionaires #1)
  • Billionaires in Disguise: The Wulf and Rae Complete Series (The Devilhouse #1-9)
  • Sweet Crazy Song (Kings of Crown Creek, #1)
  • Breathless In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, #1)
  • Wild Temptation (Wilder Irish, #5)
  • The Billionaire's Inconvenient Obsession (The Pryce Family, #2)
  • The Ex Games Boxed Set (The Complete Series)

Love in the USA (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Find Her, Keep Her, A Martha's Vineyard Love Story  (Love in the USA, #1)
  • Say You Love Her: An L.A. Love Story (Love in the USA #3)
  • Know Her, Love Her (Daisy & Belmont, #1; LOVE in the USA #4)
  • Still In Love With Her: Maggie & Vince, #1 (LOVE in the USA #5}
  • Explore Her, More of Her: Daisy & Belmont, #2 (LOVE in the USA, #6)
  • Made to Like Her: Maggie & Vince, #2 (LOVE in the USA, #7)
  • He's So Bad: A San Francisco Love Story (LOVE in the USA Book 8)
  • Made To Love Her: Maggie & Vince, #3 (LOVE in the USA Book. # 9)
  • He's So Good: Robert & Carter (LOVE in the USA Book, #10)
  • Say You Love Me: Charlie & Angel (LOVE in the USA Book, # 11)
“until who knows how long. It’s quite a remarkable piece of technology. It’s supposed to know how to answer any question. Unlike” 0 likes
“information. For instance, a” 0 likes