Start by marking “Glitter Baby (Wynette, Texas 0.5)” as Want to Read:
Glitter Baby (Wynette, Texas 0.5)

Glitter Baby (Wynette, Texas 0.5)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  9,666 Ratings  ·  529 Reviews
Fleur Savagar is the most beautiful woman in the world . . . to everyone but herself. With her oversized hands and paddle-boat feet, her streaky blond hair and funny green eyes, she lives a life filled with secrets that began before she was born. That was when her bewitching mother left home to find James Dean and met Errol Flynn instead. Now Fleur has to grow up quickly, ...more
Published 2009 by Piatkus (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Glitter Baby, please sign up.

Theresa I think it's because a new character at the very end of this book is in a future book with a secondary character from Fancy Pants.

Mo
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one. It was a re-read and I think I loved it even more this time... I had sort of forgotten the book. Then Karen and Sharon read it recently and it piqued my interest as their review/updates were intriguing me. Karen loved it. Sharon, not so much... Mmmm, I said to myself, I wonder how I would feel about it now doing another read!

Fleur has a fairly fucked up childhood. Her parents are assholes. OK, her mother thinks she is pushing her child out of love but to me it was selfish and s
Karen
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Ok, so this is one of those books that you have to read…then sit back and think about for a while before you decide how you feel about it. To be honest, I got about half way into it deciding that it really wasn’t doing anything for me. But then… something happened, and it all just started making sense to me.

It was like the story was just turning out to be one big prologue. I kept waiting and waiting for the real story to pick up. I kept thinking that this is way too much background infor
Glitter Baby is the third installment in Susan Elizabeth Phillips's contemporary romance series titled: Wynette, Texas. This ended up being a great book even though it took a little while for me to find my own personal enjoyment. Glitter Baby begins by immediately setting up the relationship between "Glitter Baby"'s parents before her birth. I didn't like the parents' characters or their relationship and could not find any investment in this story...at all. In November 2015, I ended up DNF'ing a ...more
♥Sharon♥
Feb 16, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

Gosh, I don't know what to say about this one other than as a whole it just didn't work for me.

I truly enjoy SEP's writing so I am not sure where this one went wrong for me.

I started skimming which is always dreadful to admit but it happened. Instead of completely embracing the story, sadly I found myself wishing it was over.

Oh well. You can't win them all!

photo tumblr_inline_n62iu3w3Da1rhumxg_zpsri1h4bvh.gif
Jane Stewart
I loved this book.

There are TWO VERSIONS of this book. Glitter Baby was first published in 1987. The version I read was published in 2009 and includes changes made by the author. I recently listened to the audiobook which was released in December, 2008. I’m pretty sure it is the revised book.

AUDIOBOOK:
The narrator Julia Gibson was excellent, but someone inserted 20 seconds of music periodically during the reading. The music was ok but the placement was terrible. Most of the time it was in the mi
Duchess Nicole
Even with the long, drawn out beginnings, I still love SEP's older books to pieces. I hate to admit it, but telling the parent's story really does add a depth to the H/h's tale that is incomparable. I think this may be my favorite of the series so far. I've been listening to it on audio and the narration is fantastic. Multilayered characters, a story spanning decades, and often villains that you can empathize with. Romance that is super spicy but truly realistic, even though it's set in a world ...more
VeroRinconin
No soy capaz de puntuar este libro, no me salen las palabras para hablar de mi experiencia lectora, así que recurriré a las imágenes aunque no se si lo captarán.
Maggie
I swear, Susan Elizabeth Phillips has sacrificed more virgins than the Aztecs.

Usually (by usually, I mean the 8 books I just inhaled), she wins me over with her banter and zaniness, but Glitter Baby was unappealing from beginning to end. I spent the first half of the book uncomfortable with the various plotlines and loathsome characters, and by the time the first "love" scene rolled around, I was mentally grabbing a habit and ruler and yelling, "STOP RIGHT NOW!"

In romance books, you know which c
Tammy
Waaaaaaaaay too much back story in this one! I tried to stick with it, but the hero doesn't even make an appearance until page 109 and the heroine's selfish mother was grating on my last nerve. There was a hint of possible incest or statutory rape which I am not a fan of. Lots of name dropping and references to brands. Ended up chucking this one.

Such a shame because SEP is one of my favorite authors. If I had read her oldest stuff first, I probably wouldn't have bothered with the Chicago Stars s
Karina Garcia
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
MARAVILLOSA.
Mi percepción demuestra una vez más que no todos sentimos de la misma manera una lectura.
Me sentí atrapada por la magia de Susan, sentí que cada linea relatada tenia su razón para contarnos esta hermosa historia.
Burçin
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kütüphanem
Son zamanlarda okuduğum belki de en iyi kitaptı!
SEP yine farkını göstermişti ve ben yazarın kalemini çok özlemişim.
Karakterleri o kadar incelikli işliyor ki kitaplarına aşk kitabıydı deyip geçmek büyük haksızlık. Karakterin alt yapısını, nedenlerini, karakterini ilmek ilmek dokuyarak, hiçbir sayfasından sıkılmamayı garantileyerek veriyor okura. SEP farkı da bu olsa gerek...

Ben kitaptan bir parça SEP'in kitaplarından biri olan BALAYI tadını aldım, ki o kitabı da çok çok severim. Fleur'un çocukluğ
Zeek
Sheltered and hidden away for most of her life, Fleur Savagar is not prepared for the glamorous world she's thrust into at such a young age. Her striking looks, that she's never reconciled with the ugly ducking she began her life as, open her to a world of games and secrets that menace her very innocence. But no one threatens her heart and mind- until Jake Koranda.

A hot actor who agrees to have Fleur act in the first movie both written and performed by him, at first, Jake dismisses Fleur as anot
Milica's Bookshelf
Početak je dosta obećavao, ali zatim je počeo uvid u život Fleurine majke, Belinde, pre nego što je Fleur postala Zlatna djevojka, ma pre nego što je uopšte Fleur došla na svet...taj deo je tako bio dosadan...pa onda povratak u "sadašnjost" i tu već počinje da se dešava nešto.
Kako mi je prvi deo ovog serijala puno bolji od ovog dela a dala sam mu 4 zvezdice, ovaj deo jednostavno ne mogu da ocenim sa više od 3 zvezdice.
Dee
DNF - 35%

There are not many books I abandon but this one has been added to that pile. For me it was a rollercoaster ride and every time I thought it was going to get going it stalled....There's no way to sugar coat it but I was bored and have moved onto the next.

From what I could tell this book doesn't seem to have anything to do with Wynette so can't understand why it's in this series!

ɴΘεɱí
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3'5☆ De todos los libros que llevo leído de esta autora,este me ha parecido el más flojo...
El comienzo me pareció muy lento.
Me ha sobrado momentos de la madre,se me hacía muy pesada.
Me ha faltado más momentos entre J y F.Pero eso si,los que había me han encantado.♡
La historia en sí,no ha estado mal,habido momentazo!
Me ha gustado :)
Gamruk
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: güncel
Haftasonumu güzelleştiren diğer kitabı sizlere nasıl anlatsam bilemiyorum. Kısaca #SEP diyeyim siz anlayın.
Bu yazara aşığım, hayranım, böyle pamuklara sarıp sarmalamak, bütün gün envai cesit yiyecekle beslemek ve sadece yazsın o muhtesem kalemini konustursun istiyorum. ❤

Geçen yıl temmuzdan beri yeni kitabını bekliyordum ki yayinevi sagolsun sonunda bizi hatunumuza kavusturdu. #Tasbebek ile yeni bir seriye gecis yaptık . Bu seride daha cok medyatik yüzler, oyuncular, senaristler, mankenler var.
Jacob Proffitt
How the heck is this supposed to be part of the "Wynette, Texas" series? There's no Wynette in it. There's no hint of the previous couples. It was written before any of the others, as well. I have to believe that is a mistake and since being part of the series is why I read this bomb I feel more than a little cheated. ETA: Ah. Turns out Fleur and Jake are parents to a lead in a book later in the series. Bah.

So anyway, the biggest problem with this book is the awful people at the heart of it. And
MB (What she read)
I am not a fan of re-issued romances. This one was disappointing and I could not finish it. Susan Elizabeth Phillips' books have obviously very much improved since this one was written. I think they must have decided to re-issue this one because the main characters show up nominally (and years later) in the new book "What I Did For Love".

If you are new to Susan Elizabeth Phillips please skip this one and try one of the newer books! If you are a SEP-fan, then this may be worth your while. But be
Crista
You know you are in the hands of a good writer when time suspends, the story is so real you find yourself lost in it, and the characters are three dimensional enough that you truly CARE what happens to them. Susan Elizabeth Phillips is a goddess of romance for these very reasons!

Glitter Baby, although it is an earlier work of hers, still has all the elements that make SEP so unique and addicting! Glitter Baby has elements of BOTH romance and fiction. It is unlike lots of her newer work that foc
K
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Въпреки, че тази книга не е съвсем типична за стила на Сюзън Елизабет Филипс, смятам, че е една от най-силните й книги. Така обичният хумор, присъстващ в повечето книги на авторката, тук сякаш липсва или е притъпен от сериозността на всички житейски перипетии и разочарования в живота на героите. Книгата някак се намира на границата между разпускащо и хвърлящо в размисли четиво, а това лавиране на мен лично ми допада.

Ревю: http://thecrazyadmins.info/index.php/...
Nina Draganova
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Започна неубедително тази книга, но постепенно стана интересна.Не е типично в стила на авторката,малко ми наподобяваше Луиз Бегшоу. В крайна сметка всичко си дойде по местата, не липсва чувството й за хумор, добрите диалози.Грандоманията е това , което ме дразни в американските автори.Всичко е най. Свръхреалистични неща се описват, които нямат нищо общо с живота.Всяка книга обаче,която ме кара да я прочета на един дъх,получава моята висока оценка.
Mayu
(...)

He tenido la oportunidad de leerla gracias a Ediciones B. Es mi segunda colaboración con ellos. Tenía muchísimas ganas de volver a leer a SEP, así que ha sido la oportunidad perfecta ♥

(...)

Es la hora de las confesiones: yo creía que este libro era una comedia romántica. Lo creía hasta que lo miré por encima y se me derrumbó el corazón. Lo dejé pasar unos días y cuando me sentí preparada, inicié mi road trip literario. Con SEP la vida es un viaje apasionante. Y esta novela es justo eso. Apa
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
First let me say that I'm a big SEP fan. I almost always enjoy her characters. She has creative plot lines and snappy dialog. So what would one of her earlier books be like? Let's travel all the way back to 1987, when hair was big and portable phones required a five pound battery. Although that was the original publish date, it wasn't the date of the book setting.

Our story begins when a stupid obnoxious twit changes her name to Belinda and runs away to Hollywood to fall in love with the stars. B
Kath
Apr 02, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mixed review. Keep in mind that this story was written I believe in the mid to late 80's, so it's a bit dated. I really wish they would have made some updates before re-releasing it, because part of this story had a bit of an "ick factor" in it for me.

Loved the story of Fleur and Jake and thought it was great. Very, very touching story. Loved the telling of the feelings about Vietnam and the emotional baggage that often results by being in war. I loved both characters and it was great to see Fle
Kimberly
description

Get ready for a blast into the past of old Hollywood! Lots of back story, but all relevant information! Without being trapped in Belinda's mind for a while you may never understand her motives. Her actions and thought process will make you want to hurling your kindle across the room. Officially the award for worst mother of the year: Belinda Savard! And Alexi was thirty shades of f'd up. Gross!!!! A man of your nightmares.

I love the Wynette series, the way the stories blend together is seamless
Sol
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 #Winterthon
Me encantó salvo por dos cositas: Belinda es la peor de toda la historia, me arruinó el epílogo, de verdad, algo tan bonito estropeado por una persona tan horrible y la resolución en general, creo que en los últimos instantes tendría que haber habido más enfrentamiento. Pasando de esto fue una lectura hermosa, me leí como 200 páginas en un día de lo enganchada que me tenía, recomendable.
Reseña completa: http://stclouds.blogspot.com.ar/2016/...
HÜLYA
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aslında yorum filan yazmayacaktim çok sevdiğim bir yazar. Kitabı cep boyunda yayinlamalari bir yana bir de fahiş fiyat ... Okuyucuyu enayi yerine koyan bir yayınevi... Protesto ediyorum.Okuma zevkine ettikleri için....
Roman güzeldi Sanırım yeni bir serinin yan kitabı bu. Her zaman kl gibi SEP işte...Bas tacimiz. Üstüne yazar tanımıyorum..Keşke bu sevgimiz yayınevi tarafından somurulmese idi...
Emily
Jan 18, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In general, I've liked Susan Elizabeth Phillips' books. This one was one that I just got through. There wasn't much that made me want to keep going.
Gamze
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bu benim ilk SEP romanımdı.
Yazar ile bu kitapla tanışmakla doğru mu yaptım pek emin değilim açıkçası.
İlk başlarda biraz zaman dilimine alışmakta sıkıntı yaşadım.
Gereksiz uzatmaların da etkisinde kaldım. Olay gelişimlerine lafım yok o konuda iyi ilerledi.
Ardından iki baş karakterin ilişki gelişimine çok çok geç ulaştım. Açıkçası daha çok bu ikiliye odaklı olmasını isterdim.
Belinda ve Alexi için diyebilecek laf zaten yok.
Böyle aileler olmaz olsun..
Fleur içinse ona da yer yer kızdım. Özellikle evd
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Glitter Baby 2 7 Aug 12, 2017 04:41PM
  • True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team, #4)
  • Darkling I Listen
  • Heiress for Hire (Cuttersville, #2)
  • The Girl Most Likely To...
  • Lead Me On (Tumble Creek, #3)
  • Bending the Rules (Sisterhood Diaries, #2)
  • Suddenly Sexy
  • Perfect (Second Opportunities, #2)
  • Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2)
SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is an international bestseller whose books have been published in over 30 languages. She’s the only four-time recipient of the Romance Writers of America’s prestigious Favorite Book of the Year Award, and a recipient of their Lifetime Achievement Award. Among her other accomplishments, Susan created the sports romance.

Susan's newest book, FIRST STAR
More about Susan Elizabeth Phillips...

Wynette, Texas (5 books)
  • Fancy Pants (Wynette, Texas, #1)
  • Lady Be Good (Wynette, Texas #2)
  • What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas #4)
  • Call Me Irresistible (Wynette, Texas #5)
  • The Great Escape (Wynette, Texas #6)

“Was there some basic flaw in her makeup that made her keep falling in love with this man who couldn’t love her back?” 19 likes
“Cut the crap and tell me what color panties you’re wearing.” 18 likes