Start by marking “Nico (The Leaves, #3)” as Want to Read:
Nico (The Leaves, #3)

Nico

(The Leaves #3)

When I was a boy, I met a girl.
She didn’t know it then, but…
She changed me.

Now…..I am a man.
A man who is broken by the stories of the women who come to me.
They are my birds with broken wings.
I help them heal, help them to make them strong, so they can fly free.
Lark changed me. Loved Me. Made Me Strong.
With her, I
Published February 7th 2014 (first published February 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Nico, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nico

Start your review of Nico (The Leaves, #3)
Lorie
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, tour
4.5 STARS!!!

A friend asked how I liked Nico. My response: “I just finished, and I have a HUGE smile on my face”. Love it, love it, love it.

JB Harntett has the most beautiful cover art on this series, and the stories she tells inside are no different. Nico is filled with passion, emotion, healing, drama, laughs, heartache, joy, and most of all DEPTH. It’s nothing short of brilliant!

Ok…. So what’s with the blurb??? It’s kind of cryptic, and I really couldn’t figure out what Nico’s story was (aside from the whole
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
Nico's story is truly inspirational. His playboy ways and hard outer shell hides a multitude of sensitive traits that unfold through the pages of this emotional and deeply intense journey of self-discovery.

A tattoo artist who lives in a world plagued by violence and domestic abuse. Experiencing the aftermath second-hand time and time again, he is the saviour for many broken birds. His calling came early when Anika showed up on his doorstep – her tattooed leaves a reminder of the pain
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5-4 stars

Review to come during my blog tour stop on 2/13

**ARC given to Dirty Girl Romance blog in exchange for an honest review**

For more reviews visit
Karen
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS OFF THE F*****G CHARTS IT HAD ME GRIPPED FROM PAGE ONE TILL THE VERY END.

I LOVED NICO EVEN THOUGH HE WAS A MAJOR TART AT THE BEGINNING BUT HE'S HEART WAS ALWAYS IN THE RIGHT PLACE AND LARK WELL THEY WERE TRULY A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN AND HIS PARENTS WELL IF I KEPT TYPING I WOULD RUN OUT OF SPACE.

THE WHOLE BOOK WAS EMOTIONAL/EROTIC AND ZACK JUST MADE ME LAUGH!!!!

J.B ALL I CAN SAY IS ANYTHING YOU WRITE I WILL ALWAYS BUY BECAUSE YOUR STYLE OF WRITING
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
these books are just so emotion evoking.... J.B. Hartnett has weaved her magic again, with the story of Nico... my heart bled for his tortured soul... read this story with some Kleenex nearby... several different times I shed a few tears and once I sobbed.
you get to see the characters from the previous two books which I absolutely adore when the author does that...
loved this book!
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I absolutely adored the books Inky and Cole, at the end of each book I felt like an emotional wrung out mess. This book did the same but yet in a slightly different way.

Nico was the tattoo artist who provided comfort to women who had gone through terrible things, his 'Birds'. He was a pivotal figure in the previous books in the series and here he gets his own story.

As a young boy he provides comfort to a young girl at her time of need and in the years
Mara De Guzman
5 Emotionally Beautiful Touching Stars!

"Because of your heart, Nico. It’s beautiful. You’re a good man who lost his way."

Nico is a beautiful story very beautifully written in a way that I felt it and saw it like a movie playing in my head. It didn’t start off as a typical love story, J.B. Hartnett introduced Nicolas “Nico” Grant slowly, carefully, in a way that would surely leave his mark on you. Yet, it was never boring or dragging. I was hooked. I was kept interested until the very last word.

This is not a candy-sweStars!
Cassie
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Inky and Cole. Nico was always this in the background character you didn't expect to have such an epic story despite the role he plays for Inky through her tattoo but damn.

First of all, I loved that this book had substance. What I mean is that Nico's story starts several years earlier then you expect it to and you actually learn SO much about his past in a way that builds the man he is not just the shit that he did or has happened, but real growth, real struggle, a real back
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
description

G&J ~ 3.5 Stars

Gitte:
I was so excited to get to Nico’s story as I loved what little we knew of this amazing and dark man who brings the light back for damaged and abused women. I’d heard it was dark, gripping and emotional and because I love the previous two books in this series as well as this Authors style of writing I couldn’t wait.

Now, I really did enjoy the story of Nico; I loved where this heroic man came from, the work he does and I loved the fact that he was a mature bloke who had real passion, intensi
Vanessa
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I cried more times than I could count...J.B. you are amazing at what you do, keep them coming! :)

Review to come with my tour post on 2/8...

**FULL REVIEW**

“Seeing that beaten and bloodied woman led me to my destiny of helping women, but also brought new nightmares to my life. For whatever reason, abuse in all its forms, grief from what was or what wasn’t…I gave those women tattoos to help them heal…my future had already been determined from that day when I was a kid.”

Nicholas Grant ca/>/>**FULL
Bethany
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
“Teensy ruled his world, and he was lost without her direction. She was his true North, and it was kind of beautiful.”

I have to say, I love this Aussie author something fierce. I was first introduced to J.B. Hartnett with Inky, and I thought the cover was so absolutely stunning and the concept was so original that I MUST read it. Well, I read Inky, continued on with Cole, and now… I’ve fallen head over heels for Nico. The beauty in these stories is something that’s hard to find. You still have the
Shayna
***Shayna Renee's Spicy Reads Top Pick***

Nico is book #3 in The Leaves Series by the amazingly talented J.B. Hartnett. The Leaves series is a series that will stick with you long after you finish. Nico is a very powerful, heavily emotional, love story that I think everyone should read as soon as possible. I think Nico could be read as a standalone novel, but I don't recommend it. To get the most out of this book and this series, you really should start at the beginning. Believe me, y
Liezel Felix
“I felt lost. I was empty because there was no one else on God’s green earth that made me feel any kind of peace…until you.”

I will admit that this is the first J.B. Hartnett book that I’ve ever read. I’ve had both Inky and Cole on my e-reader forever but never had the time to read both before starting Nico. Did I feel lost going straight into Book 3? Not at all. I however was impressed with its’ storyline that I couldn’t help but read both Inky and Cole right after I finished Nico. Aft
Romancerwblog
Feb 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received and ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first J.B. Hartnett book and to be honest even after reading the synopsis I had no idea what to expect. In the end I was pleasantly surprised. At his core Nico is this incredibly decent man with a sensitive heart who longs to help women deal with pain in their lives. He listens to their stories and together they come up with a design and then he tattoos the design on their body, for the women this is a freeing experience
Kylie Lacovich (The Reading Cow)
We were introduced briefly to Nico in the first two books in the series, Inky and Cole. We knew that he was Inky's tattoo artist, the man who created the amazing tree and leaves that covered her back. We also knew that women went to him for tattoos that would help them heal from some tragic event in their lives. I was so excited to read Nico's story and get to know him better. And, I was not disappointed.

Nicholas (Nico) Grant is the owner of Coastal Ink. He is a brilliant tattoo artist, but is
Debbie
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the author and Paranormal Romance & Authors That Rock, for a fair and honest review.

what the blur says....
When I was a boy, I met a girl.
She didn’t know it then, but…
She changed me.
Now…..I am a man.
A man who is broken by the stories of the women who come to me.
They are my birds with broken wings.
I help them heal, help them to make them strong, so they can fly free.
Lark changed me. Loved Me. Made Me Strong.
Melanie
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first two books of this series Inky & Cole, however Nico's story leaves you feeling that extra warm and bubbly inside wanting to give your love ones a extra hug at night. The emotional journey you taken on during the story captivating from beginning to end.

The emotional journey you feel throughout from Nico's was certainly enjoyable to red. The endless heartache you feel when Nico cannot replace that special friend he made from his childhood. To fill the void he conti
Louisa
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*ARC Provided By the Author

Instantaneously from page one, J.B. Hartnett creates one incredibly enigmatic character within Nico. I am in two minds with him, even as I sit here writing this review. We are presented with this gorgeously beautiful man who holds such empathy and determination towards helping women in need and the dichotomy of his character is he is a complete womaniser, breaking the hearts of women who want nothing more than to be the one to break down the concrete walls
Kristin
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was such an intense and emotional book and i loved it!!
Nico is a Tattoo artist who has this amazing gift to help heal his "Birds" You see him go through his bad playboy ways and then truly change himself around and wait til he meets the one that takes his breathe away. I really enjoyed his relationship with his parents it was powerful and really inspirational. Even though he starts off this playboy image he is such an amazing person with a good heart and you can tell with his relatio
Theresa
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

WHAT A ROLLER COASTER RIDE OF EMOTIONS!!!!!
I LOVED IT!

A Tattoo artist and an Angel all rolled up into one emotionally distraught man. Nico is trying to find that one girl that he held hands with all those years ago. We go on a journey with him to find her....and what a journey it is. I don't cry usually when I read books but I'll be damned if this one didn't have me bawling my eyes out in the beginning!

The supporting characters are absolutely amazing and l
The Book Fairy Reviews
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nico is a powerful story, filled with love, self hatred and self discovery. I love reading Julie's books because they tap into something that one person you may know would have gone through. With the story of Nico you find a man that is selfless helping others to the point that he can't help himself. An emotional story that will have you gasping for air as you reading the inner turmoil that Nico goes through. I like that though. I like getting so engrossed in a story that I and instantly transpo ...more
Melissa
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a Powerful, Passionately Deep story!!!
J.B Hartnett broke my heart multiple times and then pieced it back together again.

Nico is an amazing man with a gift of providing comfort and peace to women who have gone thru horrible ordeals~ we saw a little of that with Annika in the Inky/Cole series, but we got to see it more in depth in Nico's story.
His life was incomplete, until a note from a stranger sets him in motion to find that someone "who takes your breath away"
Dottie
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This book is crazy-good! It should definitely be read in order in the series; I haven't read the other two in a while and found myself wishing I'd reviewed them prior to reading Nico. But, frankly, I loved Nico so much that I didn't want to delay. But it was so worth it! I already loved him but hearing his story; understanding where he came from and why he does what he does was both amazing and heart-wrenching. And Lark - she's wonderful. Their bond is something that brought tears to ...more
M.K. Harkins
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love it when I read a book and it makes me feel things - REALLY feel emotions. Nico by JB Hartnett did this for me. For me, it had the perfect balance - it had heartache (not too much), romance (ah, just enough) humor (I laughed so hard I cried) and love.(Oh, I almost forgot - there's some naughty sex - but, once again, it isn't over the top)
The plot was perfectly balanced between all the elements I love when I pick up a book to read. You'll want to make sure you give yourself a good blo
Michelle [Helen Geek]
04/19/2014 --

1 Star .. bored me to tears. Seriously. The first 30% didn't even have the H & h interacting. We got a whole lot of Nico's care of others while he self medicated with booze and meaningless sex. I tried to read another in this series and had no better luck. I'm not reading any others by this author. Terrible. I'm returning it, it's that bad.

Save your time and money and skip this one. If you do read it, you can't say you weren't warned!!

Maybe Happy Reading
Becca
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get my copy of Nico. Inky and Cole were two of favorites of last year and so I was on pins and needles for Nico. And man I was not disappointed. I think this book is the best out of the series. I love Inky and Cole but I am missing Nico and Lark.

Full Review to Come on Thursday 2.13 Blog Tour.
Christina
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Nico's story. I was drawn into him when I read Inky and Cole. I wanted to know more about this tattooed hottie. And let me tell you J.B. Hartnett did not disappoint. It is an amazing read. I won't bore you with a long review because I want you to just go grab it and read it instead of a long review about it lol.... just know you SHOULD read this book!
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love Nico's story!! Not as much as Inky & Cole's books but those will be hard to beat. Nico was a solid book that was very well written and the characters were great. This book had lots of depth and a ton of emotion. Would highly recommend this series!!!
Krow
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I accidentally read book #3 first, but just WOW! I think I'll start a new category for my books "accidental favorites" and Nico will be right up there.
Sara
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
beautiful ending. loved it
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Blissful Surrender (Bliss, #3)
  • The Fall (The Reluctant Romantics, #1)
  • Someone Else's Ocean
  • The Real
  • Method
  • Sugar & Gold (Dreamcatcher, #2)
  • Kiss and Break Up (Magnolia Cove, #1)
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • Property Of
  • This Is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession
  • The Guy on the Right
  • The Brave Line
  • Drive
  • Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain
  • The First Girl Child
  • Quiet Man (Dream #0.5; Dream Man, #4.5)
  • Big Rock (Big Rock, #1)
  • Caught Up in Us (Caught Up in Love, #1)
Julie is a southern California native, a fan of a really good story (preferably a romance with a happily ever after), really good pie (preferably pumpkin)and copious amounts of coffee (preferably Folgers).

She has always enjoyed writing and at one time thought she might be a singer/songwriter. The 'writer' part is that one that stuck.

Julie is obsessed with Pi...the equation

The Leaves (3 books)
  • Inky (The Leaves, #1)
  • Cole (The Leaves, #2)
“She grinned at him, “A woman is like a car, and every so many miles, she needs her oil changed, a little tune-up, and while that’s happening, she… and the car… are out of commission for a few days while they get themselves ready for the next three-and-a-half weeks. This car,” she said, waving her hand around her face, “prepares for her tune-up with mashed potatoes and gravy, sometimes cake and sometimes pie.” 0 likes
“And it's totally sweet. Gus has tried it, he loves it, and thank God because, oh yeah, that's what I was trying to tell you, about not being an ambi-feeder. So, it's totally easy to feed him on the left side, but when I try on the right, it doesn't work as well… hence, not an ambi-feeder. So, I end up always having a really full left boob, big left tit, B.L.T. and the right one, starts to hurt a little when it gets full because baby never feeds as much on that side. So at night in bed, Gus takes a little drink for me so my boobs won't hurt. He calls it dessert.” 0 likes