Start by marking “Corpus Chrome, Inc.” as Want to Read:
Corpus Chrome, Inc.

Corpus Chrome, Inc.

Who should be given a second chance at life?

Decades in the future Corpus Chrome, Inc. develops a robotic body, dubbed a “mannequin,” that can revive, sustain and interface with a cryonically-preserved human brain. Like all new technology, it is copyrighted.

Hidden behind lawyers and a chrome facade, the inscrutable organization resurrects a variety of notable minds, pullin
Published January 7th 2014 by Raw Dog Screaming Press (first published January 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Corpus Chrome, Inc., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corpus Chrome, Inc.

William M.
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
With Corpus Chrome, Inc., author S. Craig Zahler continues to hit the literary ball out of the park. Critically praised for his ultra-violent westerns, A Congregation Of Jackels and Wraiths Of The Broken Land, Zahler tries his hand this time at science fiction and succeeds brilliantly. The story instantly hooked me and never let go. Set in Earth's near future, Corpus Chrome is a skillfully sculpted saga involving the resurrection of humans by transplanting their carefully preserved brains into n ...more
Ari
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great characters, really innovative view of the future. Zahler's work continues to impress and engage.
Daniel Hartman
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love or hate S. Craig Zahler's work, no one can ever say he's predictable. We are dropped into this strange, but somehow realistic vision of the future, that feels like something straight out of a novel by Philip K. Dick. We are introduced to three different main characters; a handsome garbageman, a music producer who's still grieving over the loss of her sister, and a lawyer with great moral and ethical values (that's how you can tell it's truly a work of fiction :-P). The three are tied togeth ...more
Dustin
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty good but it petered out in the last 50 or so pages and left it as a weird almost unfinished feeling book.
Randy French
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really liked it! A real mix of everything...with some lines that made me laugh as well...I will have to look for other books by the author
Sam Gor
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been a while since I've read a book synopsis that is actually pretty far from the actual contents of the book.

To save you some time, this book is literally just about how lives are affected with the powers that Corpus Chrome, Inc has and that is that this company can resurrect people. The story does go over the resurrection of a serial rapist and murderer but it not the crux of the story.

I really enjoyed this book because despite the sci-fi elements, it still went into the details of the li
Kay Vanantwerpen
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's like if Kurt Vonnegut had a penchant for hyperviolence (sparing hyperviolence, though -- there are some gruesome and heartbreaking moments, but they happen in limited frequency). I make the Vonnegut comparison as a compliment and a criticism, 'cause while the mimicry is done well -- it does at moments feel like mimicry. It's a small complaint though for what is mostly a masterfully crafted book.

This book is filled with well-fleshed characters you'll feel intimately attached to by the end of
Gavin McHugh
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Corpus Chrome Incorporated begins feeling a bit disparate as the various characters are introduced and developed in their separate chapters and there are quite a few different strands to follow. However, somewhere along the way, and without knowing that it is happening, Zahler has fleshed out these characters and you find yourself immersed in their chapters and their plight.
Again, Zahler has a wonderful tone and style to his writing, but having come off the back of reading Wraiths of the Broken
Bruce
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an overall excellent work of science fiction, taking place in a fascinating and totally loony vision of the future populated by a diverse cast of memorable characters. The eponymous corporation and it's technology used to resurrect dead by implanting cryogenically frozen brains into robotic "mannequin" bodies is the through line that ties all of the plot threads together, and provides an interesting moral dilemma as well. It all comes together quite nicely, if unconventionally, in the e ...more
Christopher
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a fan of Zahler's film work, but I had never read any of his novels. This was not at all what I expected based on his movies or the direction the first few chapters of this seemed to be headed in. Once I locked into the type of story that was actually unfolding here, it was a nice surprise. This has some incredibly unique world building and really well-drawn characters. There are moments in this that are going to stick with me for quite a while.
Nicholas Prior
Corpus Chrome Inc. - S. Craig Zahler

A company has a way to revive frozen brains in chromium mannequins.
A character study on 3 individuals and the way this practice affects their lives.
He builds a fantastic world, however it kind of felt pointless.

6/10
#NicksMiniReview
Mario Villanueva
Good shit

Highly recommended. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah saga Aida's sadfgas
Shelly Singhal
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

Funny, dark, witty and brilliant. Thought provoking and genius. Read this book immediately and I will be reading the rest of what he wrote
Scott
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Infinitely interesting and expertly written, as is everything written by Mr. Zahler, but the ending does peter out a bit, but let's not get too nit-picky when you're dealing with a talent like this.
Paul
Apr 19, 2018
Jared
Apr 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Gods of Vice (The Vengeance Trilogy, #2)
  • The Mask of the Troll (The Adventurers, #2)
  • The Artemis Effect
  • Chatty Fluffo
  • Red Threads (The Fateliner Series #1)
  • Destiny Calls (The Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • I Want to Be Her!: How Friends and Strangers Helped Shape My Style
  • Zap! I'm A Mind Reader
  • A Beginner's Guide To Christmas
  • The Little Book of Thin: Foodtrainers Plan-It-To-Lose-It Solutions for Every Diet Dilemma
  • The Inferior
  • The Stonehenge Gate
  • The Good Patient
  • In the Company of Thieves
  • Cash Cow Casa: 51 Ways to Make Your House Pay You
  • The Journey
  • It's Better This Way
  • Worlds Apart (Sword of Tilk #1)
"S. Craig Zahler is certain to become one of the great imaginers of our time." ― Clive Barker

Novelist S. Craig Zahler is also the writer, director, and musical co-composer for the movies, Bone Tomahawk, Brawl in Cell Block 99, and Dragged Across Concrete

"Five-plus stars to Hug Chickenpenny. Complex, well-drawn characterizations, compelling imagery and a well-ordered story..." ― Publishers Daily Re