Start by marking “Beautiful Mess (Beautiful Mess #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Mess (Beautiful Mess #1)

Beautiful Mess (Beautiful Mess #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  430 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Ambria Donnelly thought she had everything all figured out. A senior in high school, she knows exactly what she wants out of life and where she is going. After her last boyfriend broke her heart, Bri swore off boys and dating, instead focusing on school, and dance, and getting into Stanford like she’d always dreamed. Until a chance meeting at the beach pushes her resolve, ...more
Published December 5th 2013 by Jennifer Preston

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Mess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Mess

Abbie
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Actual rating - 3.5

This was a decent read.

Cole and Bria were both okay characters, and they made a cute couple. I wanted to bang their heads together and tell them to sort it out at points though!

The pacing in this one could be a bit slow at times, but it wasn't too bad thankfully.

I'll defiantly be reading book two at some point.
Heather andrews
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
The title matches the story perfectly, Cole I've never known someone who gave me so much damn whiplash, he was like a PMSing at times and other times he was just a typical guy, "Bri heard Cole's voice trail off as she slipped out of her tank top and board shorts. She adjusted her black bikini before chancing a glance at Cole. Sure enough, he was watching her, the goofy smile on his face telling her he liked what he saw." Bri oh I loved her, she had a mouth on her and knew how to stand her ground ...more
Praiz Sophyronja
It was really quite long, decent dialogue... but I found myself skimming a lot...
Erica
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Immature and way too long

Don't let the cover fool you. This is definitely a novel for teenagers. The characters in this book are definitely young. I understand it was in the YA section on the Amazon website however based on the cover I thought it would be a little bit more mature. How long does it take for somebody to realize they are in love. This book dragged on and on and on. Warning do not read unless you are a young adult or a teenager and can handle immature young love.
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Definitely a MATURE YA novel. I struggle rating this one. I am amazed that this is Jen's first novel and am proud to call her my friend. The story was great; I really liked the characters and had no problems with believing the story line. Sometimes I wanted to slap Bri and tell her to grow up. Cole seemed so much more mature to me. Then again, this is written for YA 17-20 yrs old. A great (clean) make out book. I am ready to read book #2.
Shanielle Reading is My Drug
You can say i am a hypocrite i dont care i have read many books with ass holes

Agreed?

Yes, they usually range between 20 and 25.

But this one oh no still in high-school and all i wanted to do 22% in the book was shove my foot us his ass. complete and total a-hole

my review: Main charchter needed remodelling didnt see any redeeming characteristics.
Danni
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I tried to find out as much as could about this book before I read it but sadly I could find much which is sad because it’s a really good book. I found myself feel all kinds of emotions while reading at one point I even stop reading because Cole had me so damn frustrated by the way he treat Bri. But I pulled myself together and finished because I had to remember the characters are based out of high school and they do go through peer issues.

Bri and Cole meet during the summer at the beach and th
Booknut
Swap 'Troy' for 'Cole', and a whiz kid for a talented dancer, and you get High School Musical 4...a beautiful mess!

Sporting a dash of Summer Lovin', this Grease-like story is filled with rose-coloured drama from start to finish. Beautiful Mess is a cute read; something light and easy to pass the time.

Cole is a total dreamboat. He plays basketball, paints, fishes, can point out constellations...is there anything he can't do?!

And Bri is an emotional wreck who still manages to play the part of th
Ali's Books
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it
This book had some good stuff for me, and then some stuff that didn't work for me.

There were some moments that my interest was caught and I'd be flipping quickly through the pages. But, there were many times that I didn't care for the characters. At times one point it was almost as if Cole's character completely flip flopped. I had made a note to myself at 28% in - Who is this guy? Multiple Personality Disorder?

Then there were times that the characters actions simply didn't make any sense for m
Mona
Apr 26, 2014 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked some parts of it - Bri and Cole. Yet, they were also what I didn't like about it. And Serena was a stereotypical mean girl who caused problems. I think what bugged me the most was Bri being so hard core against love that she had no problem hurting the guy who loved her.....and being an ass doing it. Bri started out likeable, but by halfway through, that changed. Cole was too wishy-washy for most of the book. I really needed to like the characters in ...more
Jessica
Jan 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cont-series
Typical Young Adult romance.

I was surprised a little at the end. I thought for sure Cole would end up being not such a good guy but I was wrong.

It took a while for me to finish this book. I've put it down in favour of others countless times. I don't really have much to say about this book which isn't good.

The main characters didn't annoy me. Which is great. A unoriginal story line is good once in a while. This to me, was just another high school romance.

I didn't hate it.
Julie Hawk
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Both Alexander and Olivia seem perfect in so many ways, but I love that they have baggage and internal conflicts. They have perfect chemistry, and he is willing to do anything to protect her. I am immediately drawn to him, and their intimate scenes are intense. We get to see both sides of their story. I loved every second of it, and am headed right into the next book!
Veronica
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised at this book, it's good. the writing, the story, the characters weren't annoying. Yes it's longer then necessary, and some things could have been omitted, and it did take them a while to figure things out, but Cole and Bri are teenagers after all. the cover is a little misleading this is very YA.
Lee Ann
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story of young love and raw emotions that kept me wanting more all the way to the end of the book! Bri and cole both have deep seeded fears that keep getting in the way on their relationship. Would love to see a second book to find out what happened to them! Great read, make it one to add to your TBR list!!!!
Betsy Harmon
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5. . .Sweet and sappy. This isn't usually that type of book I get caught up in, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a bit long. The story was sickeningly sweet in the end. However, it made me smile.
Ella Emerson
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
cute read

This book was pretty cute. I was drawn in by the cover, and then the story kept my interest!! Cole was awesome and the characters were well written. Definitely a must read!!
Hamna Choudhry
He seemed stalkerish at some points.
She was over the top oblivious.
Keri
This book shows young love when kids were traumatized and are trying to find themselves and the strength to trust other people. Very good teenage love story. Oh the joys of high school drama.
Layla
Jan 02, 2014 rated it liked it
3-4 stars! There was just so much back and fourth!! In the first half I wanted to smack Cole and then in the second half I wanted to smack Cole and Bri haha.
Annemarie
Dec 08, 2013 marked it as to-read
FREE ON AMAZON
Renee
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
lots of drama but great story line. Cole is an amazing man and Bri eventually became the perfect woman for him.
Cassandra
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A little bit of Grease meets Pretty in Pink. Bria was a bit whiney at time but overall a good read.
Victoria
Ellehcor1
Jun 14, 2016
Faith
Jan 15, 2015
  • Breaking the Rules (Back to Brooklyn, #2)
  • For the Love of Gracie (The Southern Devotion Series, #1)
  • First Kiss (Heavy Influence, #1)
  • Absolutely Unforgivable (Absolutely Unforgivable, #1)
  • Be Here Now
  • Waiting for Grace
  • Get Inked: Indie Inked Contemporary Romance Sampler
  • Kiss the Tiger (Parkside Avenue Book #1)
  • Fighting For You (Redemption Series, #1)
  • Two Thousand Miles
  • Heart Strung
  • After the Sky Fell Down
  • Pinned Up (Pinned Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Shucked
  • Against The Odds
  • The Sound of Shooting Stars
  • Because of Lucy (Butterfly Days, #1)
  • Forever Mine

Beautiful Mess (3 books)
  • Certified Disaster (Beautiful Mess #2)
  • Perfect Imperfection (Beautiful Mess #3)