Start by marking “Marrying a Stranger” as Want to Read:
Marrying a Stranger

Marrying a Stranger

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  338 ratings  ·  14 reviews
When Megan meets Ben Saunders, she’s very attracted and he seems the same, but she didn’t expect him to propose almost immediately. It’d be like marrying a stranger. Only, how can she refuse when they get on so well and he has to go to Australia in a week? Can they make this sudden marriage work?
Published April 3rd 2013

To ask other readers questions about Marrying a Stranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marrying a Stranger

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Marrying a Stranger
Jayne Catherine pinkett
4.5* lovely well written book. Great pacing I read it in a day as I wanted to know the ending
Kathy  E
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a very light hearted read. This book for me makes a change away from the war years. It's so nice to follow Megan and Ben a man that she hardly knows and has married on impulse and they go from England to Australia. You must read this story to enjoy it. You can never go wrong with an Anna Jacobs book. A recommended 5 star read from me.
KL Caley
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
So, the plot of this book is what drew me in, it is really intriguing. Megan was orphaned as a child and went to live with her aunt, uncle and cousin. Despite adoring her new family as an adult she decides to return to the area of her childhood. During her journeys, she accidentally ends up rescuing Ben from being pick-pocketed. In return, they end up spending a few days together and the attraction between them grows. When Ben unveils he has to move away to Australia she is heartbroken, but then ...more
Kim Beez
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was ok
Megan the Whiner. First the book has NO sex. She has married the rich sexy, stranger and they have jumped on a plane. On the wedding night, the scene is set and we find out that she has the "V" problem. Great! The pressure is on, for him to make it good. ** Spoiler alert - cut to the morning. No sex scenes please, we are British. What a disappointment to set the scene and not write it. And give us nothing afterward!
So his old girl friend who is married to a good friend of his, is trying it on an
Margaret Galbraith
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
I should have realised by the title it was going to be 'one of those' books but I persevered as I did enjoy the authors other book with the family life and a bit of mystery and crime in it. If you like a soppy love story this is for you or just a quick 'don't need to concentrate' holiday read go for it. The storyline could have gone either way in the end but it was just what I'd expected. No surprises here!
Marie Tailor
Going on the title, it is one of those books that has stereotypical scenarios in it. It is a quick read (done in 2 days) but an easy read.
Megan and Ben get married within a couple of weeks of meeting each other and they move to Australia. Ben is a bit of a conniving man which comes out in the story.
william shields
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable book
Listener
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
It started well but turned boring very quickly.
Cyd
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute story, chick-lit.
Lynette Christine Aldcroft
Marvellous

This book captured my heart, loved every minute. A real love story, funny, endearing, so well written, captivating. Couldn't put it down
Maureen Constable
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good

Another good read from the best story writer. I now look forward to the next book. Then the next book.
T
Shirley Cheetham
Mar 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Shadows of the Past
  • A Village Scandal (The Village Secrets, #2)
  • The Shop Girls of Harpers (Oxford Street #1)
  • The Christmas Candle Girl
  • Love and Marriage at Harpers: A heartwarming saga from bestseller Rosie Clarke (Welcome To Harpers Emporium Book 2)
  • A Ration Book Childhood: Perfect for fans of Ellie Dean and Lesley Pearse (Ration Book series)
  • The Brighton Guest House Girls: Hardship, heartache and the healing power of friendship
  • The Women of Mulberry Lane (Mulberry Lane #5)
  • Girl from the Workhouse
  • Dora's Workhouse Child: Victorian Romance
  • The Asylum Daughter
  • Abandoned Wharf Sisters
  • The Ragged Hatmaker
  • The Dressmaker's Christmas
  • The Velvet Ribbon (Tarabeg #3)
  • The Best of Fathers
  • The Flower Girl
  • Nettie’s Secret
Anna Jacobs has 87 novels published as of April 2019. She writes historical sagas and modern novels alternately, and in the past has written historical romances and fantasy novels (the latter as Shannah Jay).

She's addicted to story-telling and writes three novels a year. You can find a list of books and series on her website at www.annajacobs.com

Anna reads 3 novels a week. Happy reading, everyone

News & Interviews

“of going back to her humdrum life, was far more frightening than the thought of marrying him.” 0 likes