Start by marking “The Color of a Dream (The Color of Heaven Series, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Color of a Dream (The Color of Heaven Series, #4)

The Color of a Dream

(The Color of Heaven #4)

From USA Today bestselling author Julianne MacLean comes an emotionally charged tale of a young woman who has fought hard to survive a heart transplant, but soon finds that her new heart is engaged in another kind of battle...

Nadia Carmichael has had a lifelong run of bad luck. It begins on the day she is born, when she is separated from her identical twin sister and put u
Published March 1st 2014 by Julianne MacLean (first published February 14th 2014)

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
The Color of a Dream (The Color of Heaven Series Book 4)

The love story of Nadia and Jesse. Diana and Jacob are planning to get marry. Nadia's new heart is working and all thinks look great for her and Ellie. Than Rick wants fall custody of this daughter. Diana want to know all about Rick, so she call his brother,Jesse. Jesse want to help but he has not seen his brother in over 10 years. One look at Nadia and it's love for him. Will Rick win fall custody of Ellie? Great story.
Vikki Vaught
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner in this remarkable series. This book has amazing characters and another unique plot. The narrator is growing on me as well. Can't wait to read the next one. Happy reading/listening!
Irene
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story, hard to put down. Just like all the other "color" books she wrote, that I have read.
Rose Maniscalco
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am really enjoying this whole series so far. Technically they are all standalones, but I think the experience is better if you read them all in order.

This tells Natalie's story after her heart transplant. We also get some more insight into Rick and his motivations. Natalie is raising her daughter alone with the help of her twin sister after Rick walked away wanting nothing to do with either of them. Then she gets papers in the mail saying he is suing her for full custody.

They locate his estra
Jillie
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Am totally enjoying these entwined stories!

Begin reading this 10 book series. You won't regret it! I've been reading one book a day. These stories are heartwarming and provocative. As a person who believes in second chances, near death experiences, reincarnation and the power of God...I can't want to begin book 5💜
Alisha
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captivating

This is a sweet story that held my interest so much that I didn't want to take any breaks while reading the book. I enjoyed the emphasis on hopes and dreams helping the characters push through their challenges. Encouraging indeed.
Ranjini
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book, in fact this entire series, is such a feel-good one.

You do learn to believe in miracles, especially the miracle of life and there definitely exists goodness in humanity - and we need to remember and believe that.
Patti A Palmer
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed this book. It leaves you with such a good feeling and a love for life. We all too often take life for granted. We need to be so grateful for every morning we can greet a new day. I am excited to read Julianne's next book.
Kathryn
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of these books have been so compelling.

The characters seem very real as you're reading. I enjoyed the point of view from the different main characters. Reading each of these stories has made me appreciate each day as a gift.
Sarah Robins
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous book. Don’t think I’ll ever tire of these stories. So well thought out, so true to life and you just get sucked in. Loved seeing what happens to Nadia and to follow her through life post new heart! Read all of these. They are just great!!!
Alona
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read series!

This is such an instal series! Each book has its own inspiring message about what life has to offer if you are open and will I f to believe!!! Everyone should read this series!
Donna Hewell
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Headed for the next book in this series

Can't stop here. I'm headed straight for the next book in this series. Julianne 's master of prose feels like she is sitting here telling me a fascinating story.
Mary Sue Wilson
A Bit Far Fetched

Unlike the other books I've read by MS MacLean, this one seemed far fetched. The book was filled with coincidences like the others but this was over the top. Not her best book.
Samantha Lambright
Great read

Love shirt stories and series. This series has been great so far telling stories of each individual. I can't wait to read more.
Dolly Mastrangelo
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good one

Such a great story even if on part is just a bit un believable. Still a good story to read.
Debby Muskus
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Color of a Dream

Wonderful book Enjoy reading and characters from previous books reappear at times. Can’t wait to read the next in the series
Stephanie
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! Although parts of this particular novel seem a bit far fetched for me, I am still eager to read more of the series.
Kristine
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just keep dreaming

I loved this book. As I'm reading this series there are times I get a little confused but then everything becomes clear and it's like the author wants the reader not to get complacent while reading. All the books have so much thought put into the writing. I'm really enjoying the series. The style of writing was a little difficult for me at first but now it flows and I feel at home when reading the books. Highly recommend each book so far.
Marilyn Heyman
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
THE COLOR OF A DREAM by Julianne MacLean

Jesse and Rick are brothers but they couldn’t be more different. Rick is charming and a womanizer while Jesse is more steady and true. When Jesse’s girlfriend left him for Rick and later became pregnant and died, they had a huge argument and hadn’t spoken for ten years. In the meantime, Nadia had Rick’s baby and a heart transplant. He wanted nothing to do with the baby until he became sterile; now he wants custody. Nadia has been experiencing flying dreams
MaryJane Rings
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: women-s-fiction
It is a story of taking second chances. The main character, Nadia, is separated from her identical twin at birth. She lives a less than idyllic life first in foster care and then adopted into a home with addictive parents. Her sister was adopted at birth and has lived a much better life. She finds her sister and becomes a protector for Nadia who has a heart defect and requires a transplant after delivering an adorable baby girl. The father of the child pays Nadia off while she is pregnant and d ...more
Valory Kennedy
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Series. I truly enjoy this author

Again, another great novel! Julianne Has become one of my most favorite authors. You fall in love with her characters. She amazingly, grabs you right from the first with her writing skills and keeps you spell bound with her tales.

I love how she writes such wonderful stories without using explicit language. Her spinning of romance is always clean but she keeps your interest.

These books follow a subject that I researched, the first time, when my grandfat
Pamela Patterson
Still LOVING this Series!

Consistent with the other books in the series, there are lots of twists and turns from start to finish; keeping you on the edge of your seat! MacLean puts much thought into how each character's life will be entwined with another's, and I love how they perfectly collide throughout each book. The life lessons throughout this book are well written...."I've come to learn that certain things in life are beyond our control. Others are beyond comprehension." The real-life situa
Judi
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th in the series and another one I could not put down.

This follows Nadia Carmichaels story..If you read the 3rd one - you will have met in in this book..She is the twin sister to Diana Moore..They found each other after years of being apart and never knowing each other existed..Nadia's life was nothing like Dianas..She was born with a heart defect and no one wanted to adopt her..Diana was the adopted daughter of a Senator.

Nadia just seems like bad luck follows her. She is pregnant b
Nicole Laverdure's Reviews
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful and heartwarming story that Julianne MacLean wrote for her readers that follow her series “The Color of a Dream”. I loved the story of Nadia Carmichael in “The Color of a Dream”. Nadia has had a sad start in life, when her twin was separated from her. Twenty-seven, they finally meet; she is also pregnant and requires a heart transplant because of a virus. You have to read her tragic story to know what will happen to her…I love Julianne MacLean’s books and style of writing. She ...more
Peggy Clayton
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is Vol. 4 in The Color of Heaven series and it is so good. As I have said that before but she really hits is out of the park with this one. Nadia, who is my favorite character in the book has had a long time of just being down on her luck as most of us feel sometimes. In her case it starts with the day she is born when she is separated at birth but not all the reasons you are thinking, it is due to her bad heart which her identical twin doesn't have. Have the kleenex ready and clear a ...more
Martha
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful book and series written by one of me new favorite authors. This is the 4th in the series starting with THE COLOR OF HEAVEN, THE COLOR OF DESTINY, and THE COLOR OF HOPE.You should really read them in order, but believe me, it won't take very long to get through each book. Many different emotions and learning experiences are in each book. There are also crossover characters from one book to the next. I loved all of the characters and stories. If you like down to earth, heartwarmin ...more
Barbara
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I couldn't put this down.
As happens with many families, one child is "perfect" even though that person is a bully who later gets several girls/women pregnant. One dies after self-inflected abortion.

Years later the other child finds love with one of his brother's rejected women. This woman had scuzball brother's child. Now scuzball wants this child cause he can no longer have children and looks well for new fiancee. He sued for total custody!!

Ends well.
Sheila Sharp
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alot

A lot can be said about a person's life. We make mistakes, that's what makes us human. Learning and growing from our mistakes makes us extraordinary. This book shows so many things. Julianne is a wonderful writer and I can say each book that I have read has filled my heart with joy. The unknown is out there, who are we say it can't happen. This book was without a doubt 5 stars for me.
Kathy
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is book #4 of The Color series and it has been a very long time since I have read a "series" in a book line....but am I ever glad this story was found. I did read the 5th book after #1...but would recommend them in order. Have pre-ordered the 6th book to come in early August...and just found out the 7th (The Color of a Season) is due in November. Easy reads. Good, good story :) Great reminders in each book on life, strength, endurance, and love. Would recommend to all :)
Barbara Zenger
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I loved this book. Dealing with child custody to illness and hardships. This book will not disappoint you. Highly suggested read.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Passion's Exile (Medieval Outlaws, #2)
  • Better than Before (RightMatch.com, #1)
  • River's Bend (River's Bend, #1)
  • Painted Montana Sky (Montana Sky #3.5)
  • Psychic Visions Box Set 4-6 (Psychic Visions)
  • The Soulkeepers: Books 1-6 (The Souldkeepers, #1-6)
  • Mad Dog and Annie (Sweet Home, Carolina, #5; MacNeill Brothers, #4)
  • The Unprintable Big Clock Chronicle (A Big Clock Mystery #1)
  • High-Stakes Holiday Reunion (The Security Experts, #3)
  • Invisible Magic (Alex Noziak #1)
  • The Flyer (Pitsford Series #1)
  • Valiant Bride (Brides of Montclair, #1)
  • Chasing the Lion (Sword of Redemption #1)
  • The Jump (Time Change #1)
  • Redemption Song (Jack O'Neill Mystery, #1)
  • Solomon's Throne
  • The Double-Jack Murders (Sheriff Bo Tully, #3)
  • Chocolate Mousse Attack (Death by Chocolate, #4)
Julianne MacLean is a USA Today bestselling author of more than thirty novels, including the contemporary women’s fiction Color of Heaven series. MacLean is a four-time Romance Writers of America RITA finalist and has won the Booksellers’ Best Award, the Book Buyers Best Award, and a Reviewers’ Choice Award from the Romantic Times for Best Regency Historical Romance of 2005.

MacLean has a degree in

The Color of Heaven (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Color of Heaven (The Color of Heaven, #1)
  • The Color of Destiny (The Color of Heaven Series #2)
  • The Color of Hope (The Color of Heaven Series, #3)
  • The Color of a Memory (The Color of Heaven, #5)
  • The Color of Love (Color of Heaven Series, #6)
  • The Color of the Season (The Color of Heaven Series #7)
  • The Color of Joy (The Color of Heaven Series #8)
  • The Color of Time (The Color of Heaven #9)
  • The Color of Forever (The Color of Heaven, #10)
  • The Color of a Promise (The Color of Heaven, #11)
“Personally, I believe certain things are meant to be and “coincidence” is far too casual a word for what happens to many of us.” 0 likes
“What a gift we are given each day when we rise. The world is beautiful, and isn’t it wonderful to think that dreams can take us to the most incredible places? Never stop believing that. Always look to the future. And keep dreaming.” 0 likes