Start by marking “Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter (Weeia #1)” as Want to Read:
Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter (Weeia #1)

Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter

(Weeia #1)

Kindle Edition
Published November 24th 2013 by Poyeen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unelmoija, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unelmoija

Start your review of Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter (Weeia #1)
Dianne
Young adult urban fantasy, magical moments, amazing discoveries and sometimes its luck of the draw that it has a heroine that makes for the perfect role model for impressionable minds. Get ready to meet Amy, intelligent, down to earth, and now the proud owner of unusual powers! Where did they come from? Are they real? It’s always been just Amy, her mother and her sister, always living under the radar, secluded in their personal cocoon by the sunny beaches of Miami. When a mysterious and rather ...more
Sheri
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter by Elle Boca

Amy leads an ordinary life in a prestigious Miami waterfront Estate. Then she meets her father and learns of her superhuman powers. So she turns to her Mother for answers. Soon her life is in danger and (she) finds herself living a dangerous adventure.

A fast paced urban fantasy. I really like Amy, she definitely had character, I also like her Mother as well. The story was original and kept me up way past my bedtime wanting more! I highly recommend to
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Thanks to Elle Boca for giving me this book to review.

Amy has recently discovered she has powers but she does not know how to control them and has no idea how she has them. When going for a jog on the beaches of Miami she meets a mysterious man who claims to be her father and a young man called Duncan, they say that she is part of a people called Weeia and that she is a Dreamshifter. With people wanting to kill her will she be able to master her skills in time?

Unelmoija: The Dreamshifer is an
Effrosyni Moschoudi
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
A delightful urban fantasy set in Miami.

Young Amy is no ordinary girl. She’s a Weeia; i.e. she belongs to a special clan of people who have various super powers. Amy’s special ability is dreamshifting. Through her dreams, she can visit places and people. One day, she meets a man in the street who introduces himself to her as her father. Seeing that he’d abandoned the family years ago, she’s very cautious towards him, especially as he’s a powerful Weeia who’s said to be a ruthless killer.

When Amy
Nicholas Rossis
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what I expected when I read Unelmoija, the Dreamshifter. Probably another coming-of-age, young adult story. Instead, I was treated to an endearing, rich tale, expertly written, with many twists and surprises that made me finish it in a single weekend, unable to put it down. Boca's writing is sharp and witty, much like Amy, her lovable heroine. It's hard to believe this is her debut novel, first in the series.

I loved the clearly defined characters, and particularly how she avoided
Angela Kay
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Amy is Weeia. She doesn’t know much about the Weeia race, only that they are superhuman with special abilities. In Unelmoija: Dreamshifter, Amy is beginning to learn more about her own Weeia ability. As she discovers more about her powers, she learns someone is trying to kill her. To save her life, Amy must rely on a mysterious stranger who both attracts her and repels her, as well as her father she’d never met.

After reading Elle Boca’s Weeia Marshalls series, then reading this book, I can
Sharon Stevenson
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book for honest review. 'Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter' is the tale of a young woman named Amy as she begins to discover the depth of the magical powers she possesses. She is learning about others like her while trying to decide if her father is trustworthy and attempting to figure out who's been trying to kill her and why.

Amy's world gets turned upside down by a series of occurrences right at the beginning of the book. Her father, a man she doesn't know, makes an
Ashley Tomlinson
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure what I was expecting when I first started this but it blew any expectations I may have had out of the water. It was amazing, it was thrilling, fun and exciting all rolled up into one fast paced story.

Amy isn't your average american girl, she is a dreamshifter. After being kidnapped she moved into a new house, in a new city, where no one knew her. Not even being in the new place for a full day and she meets her father, a mysterious young guy, Duncan and almost gets assassinated. So
Lani
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Unelmoija by: Elle Boca

5***** MUST READ!!! Unexpected and amazing use of detailed locale and strong characters. I couldn't put it down!!!

Amy knows she has a power but as a novice, she really doesn't understand it. Growing up, Amy's mother, sister and she was always hiding out or moving. They have already been kidnapped, always warned to stay aware of their surroundings.

Amy has just moved to a new location and decides to go for a run. As she gets near a convenience store she notices a man keeps
Teresa Carlson
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! It was almost too short – but lucky for me, the next book in the series was already ready and waiting for me!

I thought the story was unique and original, and the characters were well developed. The main protagonist, Amy is very likeable and is presented in such a way that is very true to her age. The author accurately captures her uncertainty and all the feelings that come along with being a teenage girl.

The magical elements were very imaginative (not your run of the
Jen Ponce
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
In a short amount of time, main character Amy meets a stranger who she finds out is her father, as well as a mysterious man who attracts her physically but repels her magically. The meetings are harbingers of the trouble ahead for Amy, as she struggles to put together the story of who she is and what type of world she actually lives in.

The author’s strength is the character dialog. The back and forth between Amy and Duncan is well done and gives insight into their personalities that you wouldn’t
iamjenai
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Dreamshifter is the first book in the Unelmoija series.

The book tells the story of two young people, Amy and Duncan, with special super powers. Amy is able to manipulate dreams, Duncan on the other hand is able to heal and move fast. Of these two powers, what would you like to have?

The story and twists are interesting. The paranormal-ish stuff gets more interesting, too intriguing past half of the book. I like story lines like this, having super powers and fighting enemies using them. I
S.A. Molteni
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter by Elle Boca is a wonderfully written and engaging story that pulls you in from the very first chapter.

The book centers around Amy, a young woman with super human powers (dreamshifting). Amy is trying to stay under the radar in an affluent Miami suburb after her mother and sister are kidnapped. While jogging one morning, she encounters a man who reveals that he is her father. This is also where Duncan, who is Amy's opposite enters the picture as her protector.

The
 Reading Divergence
Review: UNELMOIJA: THE DREAMSHIFTER by Elle Boca

UNELMOIJA: THE DREAMSHIFTER has everything YA readers (and readers of YA fiction) could wish. There's drama, fright, danger, paranormal elements, romance, danger, super-powers, heroism, an intelligent and intuitive heroine, father-daughter dysfunction, integrity--and did I specify heart-stopping danger? Not to mention mind control powers, dreamshifting, and Miami. Readers have every reason to leap into this story and make themselves at home--and
Melissa
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ms. Boca’s The Dreamshifter is debut novel in her Weeia series. Amy is a young girl finds out she can use her dreams to visit places and people.

Amy comes across the father who abandoned her family when she was younger. He’s mysterious and powerful and she learns he belongs to a superhuman race with special abilities similar to her.

Follow Amy on an adventure as she meets a man she wants to be with yet wants to run away from and rescues her mother and sister.
Georgiann Hennelly
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amy lives an ordinary life on a prestigious Miami water front estate. When she meets her Father she learns of her Super Human powers. She turns to her Mother for answers! Soon her life is in danger and she finds herself living a dangerous adventure. A fast paced urban fantasy story .I really liked Amy and her Mother. The story was orginal. I highly recommend to (urban ) fantasy lovers and i look forward to the next book Unelmoija: the Mind shifter.
Maurizio Russo
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Weeia a great absorbing story

I enjoying reading Weeia book 1 and look forward to read the next one to find out more of the hidden power of the Weeias and Dreamshifter. Like traveling between parallel realities, between time and space. Loved the story and the characters.
Dave Higgins
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Combining an interesting twist on the modern world and fast-paced plot with a growing friendship that doesn’t escalate to obsessive commitment in the first book, Boca avoids the clichés of paranormal romance without abandoning the frisson.

Following false accusations of theft, Amy has moved to a new area of Miami. While out jogging she is approached by a man claiming to be the father she thought missing since childhood, who asserts Amy is part of another race. But before she has processed this,
Reader's Hollow
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
**We received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***
The Reader's Hollow Blog

Amy is a bit too perfect at first. Then she starts to shift a little. It's not that she goes all evil, it was just certain small traits that a selfless, kind-hearted person doesn't always experience. Suddenly the murder of certain people is justifiable. Oooo, the plot thickens.

The writing at first felt forced, almost mechanical. It wasn't until about half way through that I thought it relaxed. The long
Madhuri Pavamani
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
What starts as a normal morning for young Amy as she heads out for a run along the Miami waterfront takes an unusual turn when she crosses paths with two men – the father she never knew, Thomas McKnight, and a stranger who both repels and attracts her, Duncan Bittersdorp – and her life is forever changed.

So begins the tale of Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter.

Armed with the knowledge she is Weeia, a superhuman race, and is able to dreamshift, a rare power among her people, Amy suddenly finds herself
Sabina Bundgaard
Mar 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Amy is in hiding after the escape from the kidnappers. Her mother and Amy got away, but they have no idea where Amy’s sister are. If she escaped, or got caught as well. Amy’s mother sets out to find her other daughter, cautioning Amy to stay safe and not poke her head up too high. Which wasn’t on her agenda. But then she ran into her long lost father, finding a new friend; Duncan, learning more about her abilities, getting shot at, and the prophecy.
This is just an itsy bitsy part of what
Susan Barton
In Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter, one has the ability to focus on a wish and have it become a reality. As a young girl, I had dreamed of having super powers like this. With superpowers, I could go where I wanted and have anything I wanted at any time. My mom always told me to be careful what you wish for.

After reading this riveting story, I knew what my mom was talking about. Amy and her mom shared an apartment in Miami on the waterfront. A typical day for Amy started out with a jog. Although
Jennifer  (BTH Reviews)
Review Courtesy of: Books That Hook

Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter is the first novel in the Weeia series by Elle Boca. It’s a short book, 208 pages, so it’s a quick read. The basic storyline is that Amy is a dreamshifter who doesn’t know much about her ability or her kind, the Weeia. She is approached by a man who gives her shocking news. Then, she meets another man, Duncan, who becomes her friend. Both men help her throughout the book, since someone keeps trying to kill her. I know that’s really
T.M.B.A. Corbett
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unelmoija, do not ask me to say it out loud I will probably mispronounce it, was a great read. I truly enjoyed the characters and felt like there were well developed. The world created was unique due to the fact that it was based in our reality but then adds in magic elements unlike the norm which I love! The plot was good and filled with a few twist that I enjoyed!
My favorite part was the main character Amy! She is strong and I found myself able to relate to her easily. I like her ability to
JadeShea
Unelmoija begins when Amy finds her self alone in the world. Her sister is somewhere unknown at the moment, and her mother had to go away to take care of some things. The problem is Amy is in danger. She's unsure if it is the newly found "Father" she has, or if it could be the mysterious young man who she seems to attract and repel at the same time. Add all this into the fact that she has some abilities she's just learning how to use, and her world is getting turned upside down. But Amy will do ...more
Danielle Urban
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter is the most unique fantasy I have ever read. Readers beware, this novel will lure you in like a moth to a flame. Elle Boca has masterfully woven a beautiful tale that will take readers on a rollcoaster ride of life time.

Intriguing, mystifying and the most exciting novel yet. Unelmoija: The Dreamshfiter will captive readers everywhere. The main female character, Amy, will bring readers deep into her special power of dreamshifting. A unique power that she posseses and
Andretta Schellinger
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I went on vacation to The Domincian Republic and was able to finish 6 books, however it has now taken me awhile to get everything set square with the holiday and having a 9 year old to get these reviews up.

I received this book from the author through Fang Freakin Tastic and I have provided the full review on the website.

Regarding this book, it was good, I was a little hesitate at the beginning but it pulled me in and I really enjoyed. There were some places where it was a little slow but
Star
Mar 06, 2015 added it
In UNELMOIJA: THE DREAMSHIFTER, we meet Amy, who is thrust into a world where she has no idea who to trust and figuring out her new abilities may be the only way to save her life. Amy meets her father for the first time and she learns about her people, the Weeia, and her powers as a dreamshifter. Amy’s father has had to make hard decisions as an Elder and he is both feared and despised for those choices. Amy’s also receiving help from Duncan Bittersdorp, who quickly becomes her friend and ally. ...more
Loren Weaver
Unelmoija: The Dreamshifter by Elle Boca is book one of the Weeia series, and its off to a great start!

Amy just moved to Miami, and things are already going downhill fast. Confronted with the father she thought abandoned her years ago, she's not completely sure she should trust him. Then, her opposite, the one person in the world she shouldn't stand to be around, saves her life.

Oh, and she can dream shift. Meaning she can affect things in the real world through her dreams.

Life on the line,
Jennifer Reed
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book by the Author for an honest review.

UNELMOIJA: THE DREAMSHIFTER is a great start to this series. The characters and story line are well-developed. Amy has powers that allow her to dreamshift. When her mom goes out-of-town to find her sister, Amy meets her father. Now her life is in danger and she has to stay alive. Each day her powers are growing. She is told that she is the Unelmoija, this means that she will have all the different powers. She will be the most
Elle is the author of two urban fantasy series about superhumans called Weeia, the Unelmoija Series in Miami and the Marshals Series in Paris. Growing up the only child of a monkey mother and a rabbit father she learned to keep herself entertained and spend time reading. Elle makes her home with her king cat husband in South Florida.

Published ebooks and print books include

Weeia books

Unelmoija

Weeia (5 books)
  • Unelmoija: The Mindshifter (Weeia, #2)
  • Unelmoija: The Spiritshifter (Weeia, #3)
  • Unelmoija: The Timeshifter (Weeia #4)
  • Unelmoija: Paradox (Weeia, #5)