Start by marking “Fusion Fire (Firebird, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fusion Fire (Firebird, #2)

Fusion Fire

(Firebird #2)

Book 2, Firebird Trilogy. Forced to forsake her royal heritage, Firebird must stand with her new love...or be consumed by her deadly enemies. Light-years away, Firebird's sister defects to the enemy with only one man who can possibly rescue her.
Published January 1st 2000 by Bethany House (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Fusion Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fusion Fire

X
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars probably.
I was confused about some of the plot points, though I am not sure if that was a deficiency in the writing or if I just didn't remember enough about the first book. I liked revisiting the characters though and overall enjoyed the book.
Jerry
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Good: A Christian space opera may sound like an odd experience, but, this works very well. The story gripped me, and the writing was excellent. After the ending of this one, I can't wait to see what happens next!

The Bad: Nothing, really; I just reserve the highest rating for truly spectacular works.

Conclusion: Kathy Tyers has written both Star Wars Expanded Universe fiction (The Truce at Bakura, Balance Point) and Christian fiction...and has done quite well at both. Fans of "speculative" fic
Kim
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: scifi
I really enjoyed her first one, Firebird. This second one felt like I was being slapped upside the head with religious pandering. No thank you. Would have been a decent story without all the proselytizing.
Brie Donning
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wow. The tension in this book. And the way it makes me end up liking Tel. And everything. (Yep, I'm not trying to be eloquent. Also I finished the book at least a few weeks ago.)
Kyle Pratt
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of Christian science fiction
Rejected by her home world of Netaia, Lady Firebird now lives in the Federacy, with pair bond (husband), Master Sentinel Brennan Caldwell. Back on Netaia, her sister Princess Phoena, plots Firebird's murder and the restoration of Netaian aristocratic rule. Seeking to exploit the current tense situation are the Shuhr, enemies of the Caldwell family and their faith.

All three books in this series have been criticized for their Christian content because the first book was originally written as a sec
Andrew
Jun 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought this would be a "crazy starship pilot" story, but no, it's SF psychic romance a la "I fell in love with an officer of the evil empire." Also it's book two of a series, which I failed to notice when I picked it up. So the pilot has already married the officer, and she's pregnant. Plots and schemes continue from book one.

I did not much get into this one, and I suspect I wouldn't have done better if I'd started at the beginning. There's worldbuilding, there's psionic machination, a starsh
C.O. Bonham
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-met-the-author
Writing reviews for the middle book in a trilogy is kind of hard.

Fusion Fire by: Kathy Tyers does a good job of giving the reader all the need to know information from book one. It even has a nice internal plotline, complete with beginning, middle and end. But it still doesn't quite stand on it's own.

So my advice? Read the first book first (Firebird). Then have the next book handy for immediate continuation (Crown of Fire).
Carl
Sep 10, 2007 rated it really liked it
Read my review of the first book (though I actually read this book first--- it was the first one I found a copy of, I believe).

Edit: The new Annotated Firebird is out. More on my blog:

Della Loredo
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This second book in the Firebird series is just as well-written and engaging as the first. In this one, Firebird and her new husband begin their fight against the evil Shuhr. However, Firebird discovers that her "turning," which should enable her to tap innate, hidden powers, is of a dangerous sort.
Joan Campbell
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't often read the second book of a trilogy right after the first, but Firebird was so good, that I just had to keep reading. Fusion Fire didn't disappoint. The character development, love story and political intrigue keep happening at the same fast pace as in the first book of the trilogy. Fabulous read.
R.M. Lutz
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firebird's struggles continue to intensify--both without and within. Can she learn to control her newfound gift, or will it consume her? I would recommend this series to fans of sci-fi/space opera who are open to a Christian allegory. (Like Christian sci-fi and fantasy? Check out thebookhoundchristianspecfic.blogspot.com)
Janice
Jan 15, 2016
Heather
Apr 14, 2018

• Arena
  • The Fifth Man (Oxygen, #2)
  • A Star Curiously Singing (DarkTrench Saga #1)
  • The Search for Fierra (Empyrion, #1)
  • The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)
  • The Shadow at Evening (The Lamb Among the Stars, #1)
  • The Creeping Shadows (Adventures of the Northwoods, #3)
  • House of Reeds
  • The Scarlet Trefoil (Tahn Dorn #3)
  • Transgression (City of God, #1)
She is the first child of Dr. H.C. Moore, an accomplished dentist and jazz musician who had served during WWII as a test pilot, and Barbara Putnam Moore, flutist with several California orchestras.

Kathy attended Montana State University in Bozeman, where she received a degree in microbiology, married, performed widely on her flute, and then became certified as a K-12 classroom teacher. After teach

Firebird (4 books)
  • Firebird (Firebird, #1)
  • Crown of Fire (Firebird, #3)
  • Wind and Shadow
“Our Speaker doesn’t exempt His people from pain. He only enables us to bear it and be strengthened.” 0 likes